What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C.J. Spiller Hype(r) Train (1 Viewer)

The guy breaks a run to the outside instead of running into a pile of linemen and scores a 1 yard TD, and that means he cant run inside? Alot of his bigger runs this preseason started by him running between the tackles, check out the long TD run he had against Indy.
Why don't you check out his entire career at Clemson....very questionable ability between the tackles.
You keep showing up with the same thing over and over in thread after thread. Again, not doing it in college does NOT equal not being able to do it. He just wasn't asked to. Likewise, Chris Johnson spent most of his college career bouncing things outside because he was able to and he didn't need to run inside. In the NFL he's shown that he can indeed. The VAST majority of CJ3 college highlights are him running outside. But, all that said, his college career is in the past now. So far, he's looked just fine in the preseason. Put the clear bias you have away and maybe watch what he's doing as an NFL player without preconceived notions that he's terrible.
IF you watch the games he ONLY ran outside because there was NOTHING available inside.................something EVERYONE is missing he has VISION amongst other things. Clemson's O-line was below avg and Spiller was still able to do whatever he wanted to do.This train was started well before he was even drafted, choooo chooo!

The guy breaks a run to the outside instead of running into a pile of linemen and scores a 1 yard TD, and that means he cant run inside? Alot of his bigger runs this preseason started by him running between the tackles, check out the long TD run he had against Indy.
Why don't you check out his entire career at Clemson....very questionable ability between the tackles.
I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong.I know you're a Spiller hater, but you're wrong about him not running up the middle at Clemson. I've been to every home game and seen every game he's played in, and he can run up the middle. In fact, he made great strides doing so each year and improved that facet of his game greatly.
Then why did his YPC went like this: Freshman 7.3

Soph 5.3

Junior 5.4

Senior 5.6

Also, every game...clip...that i've seen....Spiller's up the middle running is lacking.
Freshman year was splitting carries with James Davis and he had 4 Seniors and a Junior on the OL.Sophmore year he took more carries and made improvements but had 1 Senior OL and the rest were new starters.

Junior year was even better, but the QB play with Cullen Harper took a severe hit and players keyed in on CJ and Davis.

Senior year was phenomenal with a freshman QB.

Compare his YPC against James Davis who was a year ahead.

CJ as a Freshman and JD as a Soph - 7.3 vs 5.3

CJ as a Sopmore and JD as a Junior - 5.3 vs 5.0 (the dropoff in OL cannot be stressed)

CJ as a Junior improving and JD as a Senior dropping for the 3rd straight year - 5.4 vs. 4.4

CJ as a Senior - improving even more.

Highlight tapes are highlight tapes - why would someone put a highlight tape of CJ running up the middle for 5 yards? That's not going to get a lot of youtube hits. Even if you are just looking at youtube tapes though, there's still runs like CJ vs. GT in 06, WF in 06, USC in 06, FSU in '10, and vs. Miami in '10 and they're just off the top of my head. All of these runs were game changing runs and all were inside the tackle box.
:popcorn: You need to stop posting, you're making too much sense. :thumbup:

As a Clemson fan, I'm torn on this guy. Up through his junior year he really did dance way too much and would often take 5 yard losses as a result. His senior year he showed more confidence though and really became capable of at least going straight towards the line and "gaining" zero yards as opposed to taking a loss. Of course, his o-line at Clemson was weak & inexperienced his final two years, so many times when he took direct handoffs there was already one defender in the backfield.

I'm not convinced he'll be all that worthwhile as a fantasy starter as I think he's entirely too hit or miss. He'll have games where he blows up and then he'll have absolute duds - moreso than your other fantasy startable RBs because he's so dependent on the home-run run or reception.

Hope I'm wrong. But that said if you're drafting on yahoo he's there pretty late. I've gotten him in round 7 in a .5ppr as my flex, and I can swallow that.

As a Clemson fan, I'm torn on this guy. Up through his junior year he really did dance way too much and would often take 5 yard losses as a result. His senior year he showed more confidence though and really became capable of at least going straight towards the line and "gaining" zero yards as opposed to taking a loss. Of course, his o-line at Clemson was weak & inexperienced his final two years, so many times when he took direct handoffs there was already one defender in the backfield. I'm not convinced he'll be all that worthwhile as a fantasy starter as I think he's entirely too hit or miss. He'll have games where he blows up and then he'll have absolute duds - moreso than your other fantasy startable RBs because he's so dependent on the home-run run or reception. Hope I'm wrong. But that said if you're drafting on yahoo he's there pretty late. I've gotten him in round 7 in a .5ppr as my flex, and I can swallow that.
I'm not a Clemson homer. I'm sure you've watched more games than I have as I've watched maybe 8 or 9 games ONLY to see Spiller play. I've listen to the kid talk and considering how smart he is, I believe he'll figure things out. He was the #1 RB taken, #9 overall and every NFL scout, coach, president, water-boy had Spiller as the best/most talented running back in this class and I believe them.Giddy Up!This thread brings back some memories....

Last edited by a moderator:
What scares me about Spiller is not his talent. Its clear to me watching him for the past few years that he has skills to be a star.

What scares me about Spiller is not the crowded backfield if they keep all those guys, but like I said, talent-wise Spiller stands out and obviously the Bills agree based on their draft value they showed.

What DOES scare me is this is the Buffalo bills we are talking about. They stink. Their line stinks. Their entire offense stinks.

The value seems to be more PPR based for me as he should catch a bunch of balls, but his ceiling is capped based on the crappyness that is the Buffalo Bills.

Buffalo RB's seem to always put up stats if they get the carries.

Lynch isn't the most talented RB and put up stats. Fred Jackson ditto.

Spiller is far more talented then those 2.

Bufflao RB's seem to always put up stats if they get the carries.Lynch isn't the most talented RB and put up stats. Fred Jackson ditto.Spiller is far more talented then those 2.
Yeah, I think Jackson was like RB12-13 in my non-PPR league last year. Jackson stealing touches worries me more than the Bills just sucking

Bufflao RB's seem to always put up stats if they get the carries.Lynch isn't the most talented RB and put up stats. Fred Jackson ditto.Spiller is far more talented then those 2.
Yeah, I think Jackson was like RB12-13 in my non-PPR league last year. Jackson stealing touches worries me more than the Bills just sucking
In a keeper league I wouldn't be too worried, Fred is older...For redraft...I think Spiller is the main guy with Jckson mixed in here and there....not vice versa.

benson_will_lead_the_way said:
It's annoying to have these players always compared to someone....that's my problem with CJ3 to Spiller....it's disrespectful to Johnson....a 2,000 yard rusher....one of the best RB's...now....ever...who knows.

Youtube highlights...nice assumption. I've coached college football...so check ur references again before you attempt to "slam" another user.

3:00 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA...feature=related
You might want to ask yourself, why are you so annoyed that others express their opinions on such subjective matters? It's not disrespectful to compare contemporary players to one another, especially when they have some comparable traits. Any comparison by me is taken with quite a bit of due diligence, certainly not just tossing out name for the sake of it. He is a top-flight talent, one of the best homerun threats there is.....Yeah, I'm talking about Spiller, and the same thing echoes for Johnson. We all know you're a Mathews fanatic, but you do realize that other players in this class may also be very successful. This draft looks to be one of those where there is no one side or the other type of stances that need to be made with regards to the better players. The top three RBs + Dezl should all be very good. Just be glad you got one..... :rolleyes:

It's annoying to have these players always compared to someone....that's my problem with CJ3 to Spiller....it's disrespectful to Johnson....a 2,000 yard rusher....one of the best RB's...now....ever...who knows.

Youtube highlights...nice assumption. I've coached college football...so check ur references again before you attempt to "slam" another user.

You might want to ask yourself, why are you so annoyed that others express their opinions on such subjective matters? It's not disrespectful to compare contemporary players to one another, especially when they have some comparable traits. Any comparison by me is taken with quite a bit of due diligence, certainly not just tossing out name for the sake of it. He is a top-flight talent, one of the best homerun threats there is.....Yeah, I'm talking about Spiller, and the same thing echoes for Johnson. We all know you're a Mathews fanatic, but you do realize that other players in this class may also be very successful. This draft looks to be one of those where there is no one side or the other type of stances that need to be made with regards to the better players. The top three RBs + Dezl should all be very good. Just be glad you got one..... :thumbup:
This kind of pains me, but..........

:lmao:

What scares me about Spiller is not his talent. Its clear to me watching him for the past few years that he has skills to be a star.What scares me about Spiller is not the crowded backfield if they keep all those guys, but like I said, talent-wise Spiller stands out and obviously the Bills agree based on their draft value they showed.What DOES scare me is this is the Buffalo bills we are talking about. They stink. Their line stinks. Their entire offense stinks.The value seems to be more PPR based for me as he should catch a bunch of balls, but his ceiling is capped based on the crappyness that is the Buffalo Bills.
You'll find out week 1 this isn't your Uncle Jauron's Buffalo offense. 70 points in the last 2 preseason games! That's almost reason for a parade in Buffalo.

Would you guys drop Dez Bryant for him? How about Thomas Jones? My drafted RB's are SJax, Benson, Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones, and Jahvid Best. I know I probably don't need another RB but CJ Spiller is just sitting there on the waiver wire, went undrafted for some reason (most of us were drunk in the draft haha).

Anyway WR-wise I have Andre Johnson, MSW, Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant, and Bernard Berrian. I have high hopes for Dez but if CJ is as good as you guys are saying, and I feel pretty confident on my WR depth, should I drop Dez or BB and pick up Spiller? Thanks for any help.

Would you guys drop Dez Bryant for him? How about Thomas Jones? My drafted RB's are SJax, Benson, Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones, and Jahvid Best. I know I probably don't need another RB but CJ Spiller is just sitting there on the waiver wire, went undrafted for some reason (most of us were drunk in the draft haha). Anyway WR-wise I have Andre Johnson, MSW, Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant, and Bernard Berrian. I have high hopes for Dez but if CJ is as good as you guys are saying, and I feel pretty confident on my WR depth, should I drop Dez or BB and pick up Spiller? Thanks for any help.
Take this to the ACF please.And no.I keep seeing his runs, and it looks like he bounced the 21 yarder to the outside because he was forced too. Looks like he saw a lane, made a step to it, LBs closed it up, and he managed to react and get all the way back outside. I was really impressed.

FreeBaGeL said:
bigmarc27 said:
He did make great plays between the tackles. Once again, you're arguing against your self. If you watched the games, you would know this.Considering you're spending your time on the same message board as me, I'm going to discount any experience you claim to have. I really don't see any reason to feel you're more qualified to speak on this or any subject than anyone else.I'm a thoughtful guy, yes.
Again....I have watched his games....being at the game and watching it on TV is close to the same thing...the best is having the wide endzone angle for film...oh wait how would I know that :lmao:The staff on this website know my history...but whatever makes you feel better.
Your reputation on this board is far different than you think it is.
I feel bad for the board then...

You might want to ask yourself, why are you so annoyed that others express their opinions on such subjective matters? It's not disrespectful to compare contemporary players to one another, especially when they have some comparable traits. Any comparison by me is taken with quite a bit of due diligence, certainly not just tossing out name for the sake of it. He is a top-flight talent, one of the best homerun threats there is.....Yeah, I'm talking about Spiller, and the same thing echoes for Johnson. We all know you're a Mathews fanatic, but you do realize that other players in this class may also be very successful. This draft looks to be one of those where there is no one side or the other type of stances that need to be made with regards to the better players. The top three RBs + Dezl should all be very good. Just be glad you got one..... :thumbup:
I think many don't understand that by debating you actually find out more about a topic than everyone just agreeing. That's why I take the opposite stance more often than not.I'm annoyed that Spiller is compared to Chris Johnson b/c they aren't the same type of RB.....different builds....different game....different speed. I think if any RB is compared to Johnson in this class it would be Jahvid Best....they both have a great way with angles and patience in running the ball.

Spiller can be a good RB if used in the right way...i've said this over and over again. Could he develop the other parts of his game...possibly. I'm not cheering against him by any means....i've never done that. Players develop over time....I don't think it takes a few preseason games to change what they have learned their whole life playing the game. Reggie Bush hasn't developed what he needs to yet....McFadden hasn't either....I see Spiller in that same area....but actually better than both of them in terms of running style/attitude. I was actually a fan of him at Clemson...have buddies that went to school there and we would chat about him. But his game doesn't translate into an everydown RB right now...perhaps in the future.

I've never stated that any other player in this class won't be successful. Every prospect entering the NFL has negatives....Spiller inside running, Best size and durability, Mathews agility/elite talent/receiving ability, Dez maturity. I think the biggest darkhorse in this class is A. Benn at this point. Great athlete that is currently overshadowed by the Mike Williams hype.....but Mel Kiper said on draft day that Benn has Marvin Harrison type of work ethic....that stuck in my mind.

What scares me about Spiller is not his talent. Its clear to me watching him for the past few years that he has skills to be a star.What scares me about Spiller is not the crowded backfield if they keep all those guys, but like I said, talent-wise Spiller stands out and obviously the Bills agree based on their draft value they showed.What DOES scare me is this is the Buffalo bills we are talking about. They stink. Their line stinks. Their entire offense stinks.The value seems to be more PPR based for me as he should catch a bunch of balls, but his ceiling is capped based on the crappyness that is the Buffalo Bills.
The Bills can churn out 3 straight years with a 1,000 yd rusher (Lynch'07 and '08, Fred Jackson '09), then draft a guy with far superior skills to either of those two, bring in a better offensive mind, yet Spiller is gonna do WORSE than his predecessors? I totally get that....... :fishing: What is so PPR based off of what we are seeing right now? If a guy gives you 110 total yards in a game (in non PPR), does it matter if he got them by 100% rushing, 100% receiving, or a combination? I always thought yards were yards......And did you not see that he has scored 3 TDs in the last 2 games, in less than 1 full game (4 quarters) worth of work.....vs. 1st string defenses......Guys, stop making excuses lest the TRAIN runneth thee over! Just stop hatin', admit that you might have been wrong, submit, and get on board.

The Bills can churn out 3 straight years with a 1,000 yd rusher (Lynch'07 and '08, Fred Jackson '09), then draft a guy with far superior skills to either of those two, bring in a better offensive mind, yet Spiller is gonna do WORSE than his predecessors? I totally get that....... :lmao: What is so PPR based off of what we are seeing right now? If a guy gives you 110 total yards in a game (in non PPR), does it matter if he got them by 100% rushing, 100% receiving, or a combination? I always thought yards were yards......And did you not see that he has scored 3 TDs in the last 2 games, in less than 1 full game (4 quarters) worth of work.....vs. 1st string defenses......Guys, stop making excuses lest the TRAIN runneth thee over! Just stop hatin', admit that you might have been wrong, submit, and get on board.
To take this a bit further....the Buffalo Bills led the league last year in "% of rushes that went for 4 or more yards" with 48%. That was with Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch. Spiller's lateral agility and acceleration is far superior to those two, so I would venture to guess that he will at least equal the 48% or improve upon it. That's a hard one to lock down though considering all of the variables that go into it (opponents run D, o-line play, etc.), but it definitely sheds a good light on the Buffalo running game. They certainly weren't as pedestrian as many here think.I see people bashing Spiller's inside running skills. I don't get that. We haven't gotten a large enough sample size at the NFL level to determine that he is poor at running between the tackles. What I HAVE seen in the preseason is that Buffalo is finding ways to utilize Spiller's speed. They are running a lot of counters, stretch plays, and pitches so that Spiller can maximize his speed and get the edge. Once they start throwing in screens, forget about it. He is going to be PPR gold.This year's rookie RBs are going to be very special (Spiller, Mathews, Best). I think we are looking at 3 Top 10 RBs as early as next year. I still rank Spiller as the RB from this class with the highest upside....and he's the one I made it a point to go get in as many leagues as possible. FWIW, in our inaugural BBIII draft in 2008, I selected Spiller as the 5th RB off the board (Wells, Moreno, McCoy, Murray) and had him in my rankings as the 2nd RB in the nation behind Wells. I follow the Florida Gators religiously and he's been on my radar since I saw his name pop up as a signee (he then backed out and went to Clemson :thumbup: ). His top speed acceleration is other-worldly and my jaw dropped the first time I saw him play.He's ridiculously fast, strong (he's much bigger than you all seem to think), doesn't miss games due to injury, was productive in college and went in the Top 10 of the NFL draft. Why is everyone trying to find reasons not to like him?My only regret is not starting the Hype Train in 2008....I wasn't posting much in the SP back then.

bigmarc27 said:
He did make great plays between the tackles. Once again, you're arguing against your self. If you watched the games, you would know this.

Considering you're spending your time on the same message board as me, I'm going to discount any experience you claim to have. I really don't see any reason to feel you're more qualified to speak on this or any subject than anyone else.

I'm a thoughtful guy, yes.
Again....I have watched his games....being at the game and watching it on TV is close to the same thing...the best is having the wide endzone angle for film...oh wait how would I know that :thumbup: The staff on this website know my history...but whatever makes you feel better.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My only regret is not starting the Hype Train in 2008....I wasn't posting much in the SP back then.
Don't worry - it would have been overrun by the Chris Johnson hype train that was in full effect back then. :X A classic thread that I am eternally grateful for since I now own him in my keeper league. Hopefully the Spiller thread has great success too.

Spiller is really growing on me. I was doubtful of his inside running as a prospect out of college but I like what I've seen thus far in the preseason. Yes I know it's only the preseason. Still, he doesn't seem to be hesitant to take the ball inside and hit the proper crease. Sure, he looks to bounce outside still but it seems more like something he is trying to do once through the 1st level, not instinctively as soon as taking the ball. With his speed that is not necessarily a bad thing either. About 2 months ago I took Spiller in one dynasty draft at 1.02 thinking he would hold the most trade value and that I would place him on the block and see what trickled in. I've gotten very few sniffs on him and no good offers. Now I'm not sure I even want to keep him on the block. I'm actually pretty thankful that nobody seemed to jump at him because I think he is worth more now and I would have given him up for less than I should have. Just this past weekend I drafted him as my RB2 in a redraft as well. That tells you just how much the guy has grown on me. I wouldn't say I'm on board the "hype train," but I'm thinking about buying a ticket at this point.

EBF did a ranking a few years ago. He compared Spiller to Johnson, I started watching the games and he's been on my radar every since and more importantly a part of my squad.

EBF did a ranking a few years ago. He compared Spiller to Johnson, I started watching the games and he's been on my radar every since and more importantly a part of my squad.
A few years ago Chris Johnson was unknown. Maybe last year this is possible.Link?

A few years ago Chris Johnson was unknown. Maybe last year this is possible.Link?
Chris Johnson was talked about in 2008: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=427072EBF is the reason I drafted Chris Johnson and CJ Spiller. He brought both of these guys to my attention. I may not agree with every ranking or everything he says but when he mentions someone I've never heard of I pay very close attention. Thanks EBF!

ETA: It was his 2009 ranking when everyone was thinking that Spiller was coming out for the 09 draft. IIRC he did the ranking in 08 but I could be wrong.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=427072

Here you go from November 2008:

10. RB CJ Spiller *, Clemson

Positives: Blazing speed. Definitely the fastest RB in this class. All-American sprinter for Clemson's indoor track team. When he gets his stride, there aren't many people in the world who can catch him. Versatile talent on the football field who impacts as a KR, RB, and pass catcher. Has a very high career YPC average and is Clemson's career leader in plays of 50 yards or more.

Negatives: Built a little thin. Instincts are suspect. Has never been asked to carry a big workload. Stronger than you might think, but he's not a power runner or a guy who's going to run through a lot of tackles. Inconsistent runner who doesn't always play up to his talent level.

Overall: Spiller is an exciting playmaker who could be a nice weapon in the mold of Chris Johnson. He's not a traditional featured back, but if he lands in a friendly system with a coaching staff who's committed to getting him the ball then he could be a solid FF player. At worst should be a solid return man and a dangerous situational back.

NFL Comparison: Chris Johnson

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=Dynasty+Rookie

Positives: Blazing speed. Definitely the fastest RB in this class. All-American sprinter for Clemson's indoor track team. When he gets his stride, there aren't many people in the world who can catch him. Versatile talent on the football field who impacts as a KR, RB, and pass catcher. Has a very high career YPC average and is Clemson's career leader in plays of 50 yards or more.

Negatives: Built a little thin. Instincts are suspect. Has never been asked to carry a big workload. Stronger than you might think, but he's not a power runner or a guy who's going to run through a lot of tackles. Inconsistent runner who doesn't always play up to his talent level.

Overall: Spiller is an exciting playmaker who could be a nice weapon in the mold of Chris Johnson. He's not a traditional featured back, but if he lands in a friendly system with a coaching staff who's committed to getting him the ball then he could be a solid FF player. At worst should be a solid return man and a dangerous situational back.

:unsure: I remember this well. I don't know that he will see as much success so quickly, but I think these are all positives.

Just to make it official, I own an orange Clemson jersey with the number twenty eight on it. I've been on board since our June first draft. Carry on, awesome thread

My only regret is not starting the Hype Train in 2008....I wasn't posting much in the SP back then.
Don't worry - it would have been overrun by the Chris Johnson hype train that was in full effect back then. :thumbup: A classic thread that I am eternally grateful for since I now own him in my keeper league. Hopefully the Spiller thread has great success too.
That thread was full of win.The hype for Spiller and Finley this year are NOTHING compared to the Chris Johnson hype in 08.

20 months ago is a little different than "a few years ago".When I get to a PC I'll pull up all of the backpedaling posts EBF made about Spiller as well. Yet another player he plays both side of the fence on...because no matter how Spiller ends up as a pro, EBF hasn't put himself out there enough to be completely wrong.

The Bills can churn out 3 straight years with a 1,000 yd rusher (Lynch'07 and '08, Fred Jackson '09), then draft a guy with far superior skills to either of those two, bring in a better offensive mind, yet Spiller is gonna do WORSE than his predecessors? I totally get that....... :stalker: What is so PPR based off of what we are seeing right now? If a guy gives you 110 total yards in a game (in non PPR), does it matter if he got them by 100% rushing, 100% receiving, or a combination? I always thought yards were yards......And did you not see that he has scored 3 TDs in the last 2 games, in less than 1 full game (4 quarters) worth of work.....vs. 1st string defenses......Guys, stop making excuses lest the TRAIN runneth thee over! Just stop hatin', admit that you might have been wrong, submit, and get on board.
To take this a bit further....the Buffalo Bills led the league last year in "% of rushes that went for 4 or more yards" with 48%. That was with Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch. Spiller's lateral agility and acceleration is far superior to those two, so I would venture to guess that he will at least equal the 48% or improve upon it. That's a hard one to lock down though considering all of the variables that go into it (opponents run D, o-line play, etc.), but it definitely sheds a good light on the Buffalo running game. They certainly weren't as pedestrian as many here think.
Last year, the Bills RBs averaged 4.4 ypc. Good for 8th in the league. Their rushing yards per game were a bit lower, coming in at 14th due to an overall bad offense. I peg that a lot on a poor offensive line, tons of offensive line injuries, and horrible gameplanning/play calling by **** Jauron.I know that it's preseason and the stats don't necessarily mean anything, but right now the Bills are 8th overall in total offense. They're 5th overall in rushing yards per game. And they're FIRST overall in yards per carry.

20 months ago is a little different than "a few years ago".When I get to a PC I'll pull up all of the backpedaling posts EBF made about Spiller as well. Yet another player he plays both side of the fence on...because no matter how Spiller ends up as a pro, EBF hasn't put himself out there enough to be completely wrong.
2008 to 2010 is a few years ago and I know what threads you are talking about too. I wouldn't say he backpedaled but he did change his mind on the comparison but regardless EBF was the first that brought up CJ Spiller. The hate for Spiller is great on this board and it always will be. Spiller can score 5 TDs in a game and someone will find a missed block at the end of the game that really didn't matter. LOL

2008 to 2010 is a few years ago and I know what threads you are talking about too. I wouldn't say he backpedaled but he did change his mind on the comparison but regardless EBF was the first that brought up CJ Spiller. The hate for Spiller is great on this board and it always will be. Spiller can score 5 TDs in a game and someone will find a missed block at the end of the game that really didn't matter. LOL
Not trying to burst anyone's bubble here but Spiller has been mentioned around here since 2006. The shark pool is always ahead of the curve. Kind of like D. Lewis from Pitt being talked about last preseason.

Just traded out of the spot that would have netted Best and took Spiller with the next pick. The deal included swapping slots in the 2nd rd (me moving up) which I used on Roddy White.

I guess I'm all aboard for this one! lol

Has Maurile checked in here yet (havent checked every post)? He has him ranked 8 in ppr redraft, so I am curious as to what sets him apart for him rather than the other staffers.

So at this point has Spiller been named starter by the coaches or is he just (so far) running with the first team due to injuries?

FBG Depth Charts has him there, but I am asking whether he will start season getting majority of carries or have to earn it...

TIA,

OOK!

The staff on this website know my history...but whatever makes you feel better.
Is this guy for real? :lmao:Someone page the Escape Goat. Seems like this is as good a time as any for a cage match.
Speaking for myself, I have learned to value what BWLTW has to offer. Not sure how others perceive him.

So at this point has Spiller been named starter by the coaches or is he just (so far) running with the first team due to injuries?FBG Depth Charts has him there, but I am asking whether he will start season getting majority of carries or have to earn it...TIA,OOK!
Gailey said Monday that he has not named Spiller the starter and that the RB position is still up in the air.

Just watch video of him and it speaks for itself.
Impressive. Obviously, the first thing you notice is the speed. But I am equally impressed by his cuts, change of direction, and all around ability to make people miss tackles. This may not be the most appropriate comparison, but he kind of reminds me of Charlie Garner.

He did make great plays between the tackles. Once again, you're arguing against your self. If you watched the games, you would know this.Considering you're spending your time on the same message board as me, I'm going to discount any experience you claim to have. I really don't see any reason to feel you're more qualified to speak on this or any subject than anyone else.I'm a thoughtful guy, yes.
Again....I have watched his games....being at the game and watching it on TV is close to the same thing...the best is having the wide endzone angle for film...oh wait how would I know that :goodposting: The staff on this website know my history...but whatever makes you feel better.
Somehow, I think we'll survive.

When I get to a PC I'll pull up all of the backpedaling posts EBF made about Spiller as well. Yet another player he plays both side of the fence on...because no matter how Spiller ends up as a pro, EBF hasn't put himself out there enough to be completely wrong.
Don't hate. Appreciate. EBF has a ton of credibility on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread