What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Caitlin Clark’s rookie salary is $76,000 (16 Viewers)

I checked and both Minnesota Lynx home games vs Indiana are sold out. Though maybe they open up again if they sell in the upper bowl?

Clark had 21 points with five 3’s in her preseason debut which was sold out in Dallas.

Meanwhile, fans expecting to see a preseason game featuring Angel Reese and Kamilla Cardoso were disappointed last night when the WNBA failed to carry the game on its LeaguePass service, so a fan live streamed it on Twitter using her phone and got 800,000 views.

I've never had an issue with fanatics. Not that I order a ton but the few items have been on time and correct:shrug:
One time we ordered a Dirk jersey. They sent a Jason Kidd jersey.

So we got them to exchange it - minorly annoying.

They sent another Kidd jersey. This time, they said sorry, keep it, sending the thing you bought.

They sent another Kidd jersey. They said they would overnight the right jersey.

They sent another Kidd jersey. We got a refund. And 3 Jason Kidd jerseys.

Bought a Dirk jersey the next time we were at the actual arena. Lol.
Please tell me that you sent a final email that said "Are you KIDDing me?!!"

Clark had 21 points with five 3’s in her preseason debut which was sold out in Dallas.

Meanwhile, fans expecting to see a preseason game featuring Angel Reese and Kamilla Cardoso were disappointed last night when the WNBA failed to carry the game on its LeaguePass service, so a fan live streamed it on Twitter using her phone and got 800,000 views.

WNBA fumbling the bag here. They have the ability to create some real interest and they can’t even get their games available for viewing. Yeesh.

Clark should send Taurasi a gift basket with tequila, triple sec, and limes and a note telling her she can rim her glass with her salty tears as she watches Clark this season.

WNBA fumbling the bag here. They have the ability to create some real interest and they can’t even get their games available for viewing. Yeesh.

Clark should send Taurasi a gift basket with tequila, triple sec, and limes and a note telling her she can rim her glass with her salty tears as she watches Clark this season.
Same problem we have in Detroit. Tigers games are on a channel that no provider seems to carry. It’s madness.

Same problem we have in Detroit. Tigers games are on a channel that no provider seems to carry. It’s madness.

Taxpayers paid over $500m in the last few years to build and renovate stadiums for our local baseball and basketball teams, and the only way to legally watch them play (other than going in person) is to pay Bally $20 per month for its crappy streaming app.

The Trailblazers - on the eve of embarking purposefully on one of the worst seasons this team has ever played - had their games taken off Root Sports available to all Comcast subscribers and put their games on a "Premium" Root Sports for an additional fee.

Viewership dropped 60 - SIXTY!!!111JUAN - percent. :lmao:

This team will be in Vegas by 2028.

Been watching some of her games so far with my daughter. Her team is not very good around her. They don’t get open well, they can’t play defense and they’re not very good shooters. Their other guard is super short and gums up their offense. It’s been interesting watching these games because the size of her opponents has been a real issue. Especially because Boston on the Fever is their only real player with size. They’re struggling even to get decent passing lanes because of the size differences. Double teams and traps against Clark have been super effective because of her opponents’ size and because the Fever have nobody athletic enough to help bust the traps.

There’s just a lot of laziness by the team in general. The number of times that they’ve inbounded the ball after an opponent make and had the inbounds pass stolen is silly.

Clark is also atrocious on defense. She’s constantly losing her person leading to easy baskets and rotating to help too slow.

She’s been great when she gets open looks or even a bit of breathing room, but her team is so bad around her that that’s mostly not happening. There’s obviously still too just some misfires leading to turnovers from not being on the same page as her teammates or because she is under/over-estimating her teammates’ foot speed.

And not for nothing, but it really seems like the refs have decided to “welcome” Clark to the WNBA. She is getting HAMMERED a bunch out there and certainly not getting any star calls. Maybe that’s what 2 out of the first 3 games being against the 2 time defending champions gets you.

And not for nothing, but it really seems like the refs have decided to “welcome” Clark to the WNBA. She is getting HAMMERED a bunch out there and certainly not getting any star calls
It's a lot different than how she was treated in college.

At least they beat the spread today though :lol:

It really does a disservice to the rookies that they get drafted and are thrown into games with littke practice. Basketball takes time to become familiar with your teammates and they get hardly any.
Very good point actually. Kinda crazy how early after college the WNBA starts up.

And not for nothing, but it really seems like the refs have decided to “welcome” Clark to the WNBA. She is getting HAMMERED a bunch out there and certainly not getting any star calls

This seems like a mistake by the WNBA. If they want too grow their audience she shouldn't get rookie treatment. People will tune out if she isn't allowed to use gifts because she is being man handled constantly without calls.

Was Clark a heavy turn over player in College? I saw she already has 21 turnovers in just her first 3 games.
I haven’t seen much but I saw a sweet bounce pass today that the teammate fumbled. People on Twitter say it’s been half mistakes on her part and half passes that her teammates will eventually make the play on. They’ve barely practiced together.

This seems like a mistake by the WNBA. If they want too grow their audience she shouldn't get rookie treatment. People will tune out if she isn't allowed to use gifts because she is being man handled constantly without calls.
I’m biased, but it felt like she got a lot more calls in college than she should have.

Was Clark a heavy turn over player in College? I saw she already has 21 turnovers in just her first 3 games.
I haven’t seen much but I saw a sweet bounce pass today that the teammate fumbled. People on Twitter say it’s been half mistakes on her part and half passes that her teammates will eventually make the play on. They’ve barely practiced together.
Yeah, the women’s schedule is kind of nuts. Clark played in the women’s college championship game on April 7th, was drafted #1 overall 8 days later, training camp 2 weeks after that, first preseason game May 3rd and first regular season game May 14th.

So in 5 weeks she went from the grind of the women’s college basketball tournament and competing in the championship game to her first WNBA regular season game with 3 pre-season games already in her belt. Rookies are pretty much screwed.

Yeah, the women’s schedule is kind of nuts. Clark played in the women’s college championship game on April 7th, was drafted #1 overall 8 days later, training camp 2 weeks after that, first preseason game May 3rd and first regular season game May 14th.

So in 5 weeks she went from the grind of the women’s college basketball tournament and competing in the championship game to her first WNBA regular season game with 3 pre-season games already in her belt. Rookies are pretty much screwed.
Feels like this is yet another data point arguing in favor of WNBA expansion.

She’d thrive in the the NBA though right?! :rolleyes:
Is there even one person in the world who has said this
Uhh yes, all kinds of delusional people thinking she could compete against guys. There was talks of her joining the Big 3 mens league at one point. Ridiculous. She wouldn’t even be successful against a top high school boys team.
Is the big 3 the nba? Ice Cube has offered her money to join that league because of the publicity. You can’t find anybody who has said she would thrive in the nba.

Uhh yes, all kinds of delusional people thinking she could compete against guys. There was talks of her joining the Big 3 mens league at one point. Ridiculous. She wouldn’t even be successful against a top high school boys team.
Is the big 3 the nba? Ice Cube has offered her money to join that league because of the publicity. You can’t find anybody who has said she would thrive in the nba.
That’s fair. Just being able to compete with men, in general, was discussed many times over. That’s still a joke.

That’s fair. Just being able to compete with men, in general, was discussed many times over. That’s still a joke.

I think it was “discussed” entirely by people making unsolicited comments like yours, creating a straw man to complain about. No serious person has remotely suggested Clark can or should play against men at any level much less that she would “thrive” in the NBA.

I am not a fan of the WNBA, but it is infuriating the amount of hate towards her on social media. There must have been a half dozen videos, making fun of her, running into that screen and getting absolutely leveled.

If you are a fan of the WNBA, do you not understand that getting more eyes on your product is the key to the future success and more money for everyone? It’s like people would go down with a burning ship just to say she didn’t make it.

If you are a fan of the WNBA, do you not understand that getting more eyes on your product is the key to the future success and more money for everyone? It’s like people would go down with a burning ship just to say she didn’t make it.

I can't say for sure but my guess is that the vast majority of the people who hate her are not in any way, shape or form WNBA fans.

I bet most of them are haters who at their core do not like to see women get credit for sporting endeavors.

I can't say for sure but my guess is that the vast majority of the people who hate her are not in any way, shape or form WNBA fans.

I bet most of them are haters who at their core do not like to see women get credit for sporting endeavors.
More likely they don’t like seeing women succeed at anything.

Harrison Butker is hardly 1 of 1.....

I think that demographic is actually one of her biggest support groups.

Without getting too political with this, but just taking a sample size from social media, the vast majority of her haters are people of color unfortunately.

Paul Pierce is prime example of that.

She's also getting heavy defensive attention, essentially being guarded 94 feet on every possession.
Any big name rookie in any league is going to have the vets making a point to not let them break out on their watch, and the added publicity Clark brings will have the vets tighten the screws even more.

Being on a really bad team certainly doesn't help either.
Just no way her rookie season was going to be pretty.

Big improvement in her 3rd game against a team that went to the Finals last year.

Early struggles for her just make this even more interesting. Getting punched in the mouth and seeing how somebody responds is what makes sports compelling.

I’ve noticed that #2 pick Cameron Brink hasn’t shown much offense yet. For all the hype, these women haven’t stepped up and dominated to any degree. We’ll see how the season(s) develops.

I think the WNBA has a marketing problem. For example:

- I have NO idea when the season starts. I also have no idea when the season ends. And I like women's sports!
- I had NO idea there were only 12 teams. Gun to my head, I would have told you there were 20 teams last night.
- I have NO idea what cable channel broadcasts the games.
- I have NO idea how many games are played.
- I have NO idea who the MVP of the league is or was.

The college game ran laps around the WNBA this season. Perhaps the WNBA should hire the marketing arm of college basketball for women and start promoting the WNBA so guys like me know a little more than we do about the game. I realize the WNBA is almost 30 years old and people a lot smarter than me have been trying to market this sport to a wider audience, but if they can't capitalize on Clark's success, what are we even doing?

It's the same problem with women's softball. You can get 5,000 people to attend a college softball game for the NCAA Championships, but you'd be lucky to draw 50 to a women's pro game. The NCAA does a really good job of marketing it's players and teams, but another big part is that people who went to said college will likely follow their respective NCAA teams (men and women) when they are trying to win a championship. It will be extremely difficult to get fringe viewers to tune into the WNBA and become part of the core viewership. Right now, people tune in for the novelty of Clark, but eventually that will wear off. I'm also extremely disappointed in the current WNBA pro's and the manner at which they tried to tear Clark down at every opportunity.

I’ve noticed that #2 pick Cameron Brink hasn’t shown much offense yet. For all the hype, these women haven’t stepped up and dominated to any degree. We’ll see how the season(s) develops.
#3 pick Cardosa has not even played yet. Only 13 of 36 players drafted were on an opening day roster. Seems like breaking into a more physical league 6 weeks after your last college game is not easy.

The WNBA needed a (Stern-esk,) lottery pick to get her on a better team….

Do they not have free agency? They need to get her some cutters/scorers to relieve some of the pressure.

Also, I’m guessing not much could have been done about it but going against two of the better defensive teams to start her career was unfortunate.

#3 pick Cardosa has not even played yet. Only 13 of 36 players drafted were on an opening day roster. Seems like breaking into a more physical league 6 weeks after your last college game is not easy.
This is what’s I was thinking. Not to make excuses, but a bit of fatigue has to be at least a part of the lag in production.

This is what’s I was thinking. Not to make excuses, but a bit of fatigue has to be at least a part of the lag in production.

I don't know what you're talking about, I think it is COMPLETELY fair to judge and come to conclusions on rookie WNBA players after 3 games.

damn straight brohan hell we have couple of them in this thread take that to the bank bromigos

Users who are viewing this thread