What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

Why do fast food drive throughs all put the menu in a spot where you can't see it until you're at the front of the line of cars and the person taking orders is impatiently asking what you want?
How do you not know what you want?
Because they don't put a menu in a spot where you can see it before you get to the front.
Keep up.
;)
cheeseburger cheeseburger - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJePACBoIo&ab_channel=SaturdayNightLive

Why do fast food drive throughs all put the menu in a spot where you can't see it until you're at the front of the line of cars and the person taking orders is impatiently asking what you want?
Because a new type has just moved into town that we've never seen before. It happens rather a lot in Houston.
My pet peeve is people who go through the drive thru at fast food restaurants without knowing what they want inevitably creating long lines that make it difficult for others to get through the drive thru in a timely fashion. Thus, making it not so fast food. These people could also pull up the menu online before the go, and/or check it while they wait in line to decide what they want so they're prepared when it's their turn, OR go inside so they can peruse the vast array of burger options without holding up someone else.

But, being thoughtful and courteous of others is pretty much a dying practice.

Because a new type has just moved into town that we've never seen before. It happens rather a lot in Houston.
My pet peeve is people who go through the drive thru at fast food restaurants without knowing what they want inevitably creating long lines that make it difficult for others to get through the drive thru in a timely fashion. Thus, making it not so fast food. These people could also pull up the menu online before the go, and/or check it while they wait in line to decide what they want so they're prepared when it's their turn, OR go inside so they can peruse the vast array of burger options without holding up someone else.

Wow. That was a stretch.

It's the 7 meals ordered that burns me up lol

In the old days they also wrote a check and updated their check register at the window.

happened to me tonight. long day on the road. just wanted to eat. pull up behind a woman in a minivan, i can see her pull out a cell phone and she starts reading off her order.. pausing between each meal (i guess?). she ordered enough food for me to spend 7 minutes watching her order.

7 minutes is a very small amount of time in the grand scheme but an absolutely incredible amount of time for one person to be ordering food at a drive thru.

happened to me tonight. long day on the road. just wanted to eat. pull up behind a woman in a minivan, i can see her pull out a cell phone and she starts reading off her order.. pausing between each meal (i guess?). she ordered enough food for me to spend 7 minutes watching her order.

7 minutes is a very small amount of time in the grand scheme but an absolutely incredible amount of time for one person to be ordering food at a drive thru.
At least she was prepared. Try to imagine the horror otherwise.

Sponsored listings showing up first in product searches on Amazon, eBay, etc.

I get when I put in generic search terms - sure, show me the sponsored ones first. But when I put in a very specific search with the brand and actual name of the product, I don't want to scroll through multiple sponsored items that are only loosely related before getting to the one I was obviously looking for.
I really don’t like using Amazon anymore for this reason. I feel like a benefit of prime should include not having to scroll through all that.

If you have this kind of order set it up online and/or just go inside. These people can't be bothered to stand up and walk 50 steps. But, I guess that's why they're eating there in the first place.

If you have this kind of order set it up online and/or just go inside. These people can't be bothered to stand up and walk 50 steps. But, I guess that's why they're eating there in the first place.
Again, wow. I'm not sure how trying to order in a vehicle rather than carry a bunch of sodas plus food translates into that level of nasty.

Stephen A Smith. I guess he figures if he yells loudly enough, he will sound informed. He is mistaken.
While I am no fan of SAS, he's not the only "yeller" in sports talk these days. I think he was probably the first to do it, but there are a lot of heads that are doing the same thing now.

Post of the year. I'm astonished that there are people going to fast food restaurants and don't know what they want before they get there. It's not like the menus are typed up new and fresh every day.

Post of the year. I'm astonished that there are people going to fast food restaurants and don't know what they want before they get there. It's not like the menus are typed up new and fresh every day.
I probably eat fast food about once a month. Assuming I rotate among 5 or 6 different fast food places, that means I'm eating at each of them twice per year. So that's maybe once per year for breakfast and once for lunch/dinner. There's no way I'm going to remember what kinds of chicken sandwich I can get at Wendy's vs. McDonald's vs. Burger King. Add in the fact that they actually DO rotate in new items periodically, and I don't think it's unreasonable to want to look at a menu before I order.

I probably eat fast food about once a month. Assuming I rotate among 5 or 6 different fast food places, that means I'm eating at each of them twice per year. So that's maybe once per year for breakfast and once for lunch/dinner. There's no way I'm going to remember what kinds of chicken sandwich I can get at Wendy's vs. McDonald's vs. Burger King. Add in the fact that they actually DO rotate in new items periodically, and I don't think it's unreasonable to want to look at a menu before I order.
I haven't been to Burger King in probably over a year. If I drove up to the drive thru right now I would know exactly what I was going to order. :shrug:

I haven't been to Burger King in probably over a year. If I drove up to the drive thru right now I would know exactly what I was going to order. :shrug:
Almost every fast food place has multiple types of chicken sandwiches. I couldn't tell you the name of a single one at any chain. Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't see how it doesn't make sense to allow me to use the time when I'm stuck waiting on line in the drive thru to look at the menu so I'm ready to order quickly when I finally get to the front of the line. Sure...I can use the app or website, but if the idea is to make things quick and easy, that isn't great...especially if I'm driving alone.

Again, wow. I'm not sure how trying to order in a vehicle rather than carry a bunch of sodas plus food translates into that level of nasty.
Nasty? It's just my pet peeve. Most (all) of these places have online ordering now and parking spots dedicated to pick up to avoid this exact scenario. And, when I say pick up, they'll actually walk it right out to your car for you.

"Uhhh... Do you have the McChicken here? .. No?" "Oh geez, let me look at a menu.."

Beer and ice cream tasters. You've got a line behind you going outside the door, but you want to try a taste of everything before ordering your small glass or baby cone. "Oooh, that's hoppy." "A little too rich for me." "Mmmm, that's really good - Can I try a taste of the the Chicken Curry Chocolate?" "Do you have anything that tastes like Busch Light?"

Beer and ice cream tasters. You've got a line behind you going outside the door, but you want to try a taste of everything before ordering your small glass or baby cone. "Oooh, that's hoppy." "A little too rich for me." "Mmmm, that's really good - Can I try a taste of the the Chicken Curry Chocolate?" "Do you have anything that tastes like Busch Light?"
In the same category, people at the Farmers Market.

Line might be 10 deep at the vendor, and the customer wants to discuss all the sustainable farming practices and what types of seeds they use and do they use irrigation or pond water and every little detail of how and where they farm......

"YOU'RE BUYING LETTUCE PEOPLE. LETTUCE!!"

Fair enough. I'm probably 3-4x a year max with fast food and half that time involves filming something for the EAT-OFF thread. So I know what I'm getting. I also don't drink soda so a combo meal is out.

Still, I'm astonished there are people that are going to drive-thru fast food joints that don't have a general idea of what they are after.

My wife is the worst orderer/lack of hurry in a line and it drives me absolutely INSANE..................
we have gone to the same restaurant on Friday nights probably 3 out of 4 Friday nights (pandemic exception) for probably 6-7 years. the menu has changed very, very little. my wife orders one of 3 items every time.

yet... every. time. we wait 15-20 minutes for her to peruse the menu, shoo away the waiter/waitress, then finally pump fake making a decision... before making the server stand there another 3-4 minutes while she debates what she's going to get. "oh, i'll just go with the usual again.... :) "

busy place. lots of customers. thankfully we tip generously so they haven't thrown us out yet.

My wife is the worst orderer/lack of hurry in a line and it drives me absolutely INSANE..................
we have gone to the same restaurant on Friday nights probably 3 out of 4 Friday nights (pandemic exception) for probably 6-7 years. the menu has changed very, very little. my wife orders one of 3 items every time.

yet... every. time. we wait 15-20 minutes for her to peruse the menu, shoo away the waiter/waitress, then finally pump fake making a decision... before making the server stand there another 3-4 minutes while she debates what she's going to get. "oh, i'll just go with the usual again.... :) "

busy place. lots of customers. thankfully we tip generously so they haven't thrown us out yet.
AS a former waiter, I'm extra sensitive also. Because there is nothing worse knowing you are trying to be calm and patient and focused on your table, meanwhile I know my other tables are probably stacking up because of the 100 questions about the menu routine. Does this come with mushrooms? Can it be unwrapped? Can you grill it? Can this be made well done........................

Stephen A Smith. I guess he figures if he yells loudly enough, he will sound informed. He is mistaken.
While I am no fan of SAS, he's not the only "yeller" in sports talk these days. I think he was probably the first to do it, but there are a lot of heads that are doing the same thing now.
Have you never heard of **** Vitale? At least he knew something.
:lol: Of course I've heard of Vitale; I read one of his books when I was like 20 years old. Huge fan of his. His "style" just comes across differently.

Take a listen to Rob Parker or Zach Lowe. They yell. Vitale is just an over-passionate loud Italian, IMO.

I'm pretty sure I've gone over this in this here thread before, but was reminded of it again the other day and while "repeating oneself in this thread" is maybe a pet peeve of others here, I have to say... smokers while puff on their death sticks while driving. Specifically, sitting at a red light with their car's window open and holding the death stick out. That smoke invariably wafts towards my car and into my vents. Or God forbid I have my moonroof open. That stench is unbearable.

I'm pretty sure I've gone over this in this here thread before, but was reminded of it again the other day and while "repeating oneself in this thread" is maybe a pet peeve of others here, I have to say... smokers while puff on their death sticks while driving. Specifically, sitting at a red light with their car's window open and holding the death stick out. That smoke invariably wafts towards my car and into my vents. Or God forbid I have my moonroof open. That stench is unbearable.
I don't even mind the smell. What peeves me is the fact that I know the butt is about to hit the pavement. Every single time.

I eat fast food maybe twice a year. Maybe There are 350 things on the del taco menu. There are 42 different tacos. Gimme a second.

My daughter had her ballet recital last weekend. There were families that came late and would seat themselves in the middle of the performance.

The people in front of me were trying to video record their daughter who was in the second dance, however people came and sat down in the row in front of them during the performance causing the people to miss their daughters short performance.

The younger girls typically only get 2 songs and they only last 2-3 minutes.

So out of the ~5 minutes of performance that their daughter had on stage they had people standing in front of them for 1 minute.

These are expensive tickets too, they were 25 dollars per seat and the family in front of me had at least 5-6 people their for their daughters performance. This is in addition to the 100-200 spent on dresses just for this 1 recital.

It was pretty rude.

I eat fast food maybe twice a year. Maybe There are 350 things on the del taco menu. There are 42 different tacos. Gimme a second.

Walk inside then, lazy bones.

No.

It’s almost always late night, when the inside is locked anyway. But just for you, I usually just tell my wife to order me whatever. Happy now?

The people who nee to walk inside instead of using the drive through are the people who order tons of food for a bunch of people with custom orders. That's the **** that holds up the line.

No.

It’s almost always late night, when the inside is locked anyway. But just for you, I usually just tell my wife to order me whatever. Happy now?

I'm honking at you from here. It's a taco place, not the French Laundry.

Ok...for any of the people in here who know all fast food menus cold...without cheating, tell me what the ten types of chicken sandwiches on Wendy's current menu are called.
im just going to guess.

Grilled chicken w/wo cheese w/wo let, tom, onion, may (so club or not club)
Breaded chicken same options
SPicy chicken same options

SO that gets me 12 options there

Grilled plain
Grilled w cheese no club
Grilled w.o cheese club
Grilled w cheese and club
Breaded 4
Spicy 4

Close?

No.

I REALIZE MY SHORTCOMINGs! it’s a running joke in my family. My daughter(16) has ridiculed me for years about it. When we eat somewhere dumb like the Cheesecake Factory with 4081 items on the menu, my wife just orders for me.

Ok...for any of the people in here who know all fast food menus cold...without cheating, tell me what the ten types of chicken sandwiches on Wendy's current menu are called.

Wendy's: Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Add pickles, hold the tomatoes.

That's it. That's the sandwich. Always has been, always will be.

No.

I REALIZE MY SHORTCOMINGs! it’s a running joke in my family. My daughter(16) has ridiculed me for years about it. When we eat somewhere dumb like the Cheesecake Factory with 4081 items on the menu, my wife just orders for me.

That menu is ridiculous. And their food is mediocre. BUT!!!!! You do get a lot of their mediocre food, so I'll give 'em that.

Fair enough. I'm probably 3-4x a year max with fast food and half that time involves filming something for the EAT-OFF thread. So I know what I'm getting. I also don't drink soda so a combo meal is out.

Still, I'm astonished there are people that are going to drive-thru fast food joints that don't have a general idea of what they are after.

I have a feeling that the people here asking for the menu earlier in line are probably only taking like 30 seconds max extra to order - because they do have a general idea but want to order correctly and not have an easily-prevented error with their food - and they would rather not take that 30 seconds when it's time to order. And I also have a feeling what the other side is picturing and complaining about here is more the person who is front of them for 3 minutes and you're wondering what's going on and then realize they just started to order.

Also, you guys must be lucky with the fast food service around you. I can't remember the last time I was ordering while someone was behind me and there wasn't a wait up ahead at the pickup window.* The order time never seems to affect the overall time in line. (Except when there's a split line. If you take so long to order that multiple cars go through on the other side, you should be banned).

* ETA - I do remember. It was a couple of weeks ago when my wife wanted something from Arby's. There was no line ahead of me, but it turned out after I paid they asked me to park over on the side next to the other 4 people who were already there waiting for their food. :bored:

No.

how on earth does this work?

you tell her to make a decision without any input and she..... does it????

Users who are viewing this thread