What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (2 Viewers)

When someone in line to order food and they order for a bunch of other people.  

Once a week before work I'll stop on the way in to a coffee shop to get a cup of coffee and a quoissant but only if the line isn't long.  Only 3 people in line today so I figured it wasn't bad.  Turns out the guy in front of me is ordering for his whole office.  6 coffee drinks and a bunch of food.   :censored:

Mrs. Rannous said:
Some of the houses here already have Christmas decorations up.  Aaarrrgh!
They could at least wait to light them up.  I understand the weather concerns about putting them up and down.  But there is this thing called an on/off switch that can usually be triggered quite easily between Thanksgiving and New Years.

We give out candy for Halloween and find candy wrappers strewn about the yard and driveway the following week. How is it that we do people and their dumb kids favors by giving them free stuff, but they don't have the decency to pick up their family's trash? Our street doesn't have many kids, so we know it's people from outside our neighborhood. 

We give out candy for Halloween and find candy wrappers strewn about the yard and driveway the following week. How is it that we do people and their dumb kids favors by giving them free stuff, but they don't have the decency to pick up their family's trash? Our street doesn't have many kids, so we know it's people from outside our neighborhood. 
when kids are little, they're just kind of picking out candy and eating as they walk. little ones aren't particularly mindful of littering or the planet.

parents might not even notice. especially if you're minding multiple kids or walking with a friend/friends.

when kids are little, they're just kind of picking out candy and eating as they walk. little ones aren't particularly mindful of littering or the planet.

parents might not even notice. especially if you're minding multiple kids or walking with a friend/friends.
My 7-year old threw a lollipop stick into a fountain on a downtown street this Halloween.   I almost threw him in after it.

When someone in line to order food and they order for a bunch of other people.  

Once a week before work I'll stop on the way in to a coffee shop to get a cup of coffee and a quoissant but only if the line isn't long.  Only 3 people in line today so I figured it wasn't bad.  Turns out the guy in front of me is ordering for his whole office.  6 coffee drinks and a bunch of food.   :censored:
The worst is the lady at the drive-thru who is ordering for 7 people but is ordering on separate checks.  

When you come to an intersection where both directions have a flashing red.

It means.....The car in front of you go, Then you WAIT until the other direction goes. Then, you go.

It does not mean when the car in front of you goes you follow that car immediately.

In certain parts of Detroit 4 way flashing red intersections are 100% anarchy.

Lots of traffic lights in NYC for both cars and pedestrians, obviously. And the pedestrian tends to rule, but there are lights that are counterintuitive to pedestrians...like staying red to allow cars to turn. This kind of thing bottles the mind of many of my fellow maroons, who cross against the red and then freak out at cars who have to slam on the brakes and/or honk at them.

Just look at the light...there's a happy green man beckoning you forward- or an angry red hand telling you to stop.

It means.....The car in front of you go, Then you WAIT until the other direction goes. Then, you go.

It does not mean when the car in front of you goes you follow that car immediately.

Waiting for @Keerock to come on here and give you a detailed description as to why this is the safest way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waiting for @Keerock to come on here and give you a detailed description as to why this is the safest way to do it.
Not gonna happen.  4-way blinking red is just another 4-way stop.  Inconsiderate morons are not exclusive to the Detroit area.

OK, I like to post 'em while they're fresh so... Went to see Midway tonight. Movie scheduled to start at 7:15. I know to expect previews and all but, previews until 7:45. THIRTY #######g minutes. When did this crap start? Used to be you could count on 15 minutes. 30 minutes of previews is absolutely ludicrous.

D bags that post picks of their thermometers from Florida

"Look everyone..its 75 degrees today in Old Lady land Florida.  Hope you are enjoying it in Michigan today"

My aunt does this EVERY YEAR.   Last year, she was close, very close, to being wiped out by hurricane Dorian..I very much wanted to post a picture of a blue sky and calm winds then, just to remind HER about how much nicer is is in Michigan during hurricane season, but I did not.

Still..cut it out lady

Last edited by a moderator:

"Look everyone..its 75 degrees today in Old Lady land Florida.  Hope you are enjoying it in Michigan today"

My aunt does this EVERY YEAR.   Last year, she was close, very close, to being wiped out by hurricane Dorian..I very much wanted to post a picture of a blue sky and calm winds then, just to remind HER about how much nicer is is in Michigan during hurricane season, but I did not.

Still..cut it out lady
Good post. 

Still..cut it out lady
I don’t mind. It’ll be 100 with 90% humidity there come summer. 

Still..cut it out lady
Just as good as my BIL that does this from his house in CA. Of course he has to be careful of the angle so you can't see the flames licking at his back fence.

The guy on the highway who pulls into the left lane at 50 mph as you were traveling at 80 mph, forcing you to jam on the brakes.  Then, as he looks into the mirror for the first time to see you next to his bumper that you just narrowly avoided running into, he throws up his hands in anger because you are riding his bumper.  :rant:

The guy on the highway who pulls into the left lane at 50 mph as you were traveling at 80 mph, forcing you to jam on the brakes.  Then, as he looks into the mirror for the first time to see you next to his bumper that you just narrowly avoided running into, he throws up his hands in anger because you are riding his bumper.  :rant:
AND THEN HE DOESNT ACTUALLY PASS ANYONE

Here’s a couple of driving ones I have. Sorry if they’ve been posted before. 

#1. I’m on a 2 lane road, double line (so no passing) wanting to get home after a long day but there’s one guy going way slower than I want to. Me being the nice guy I am, does not ride his bumper but resigns myself to this speed and backs off 3-4 car lengths or more. Now another car suddenly comes from behind and gets 2 feet off my back bumper as if I’m the freaking problem. 

#2.  I barely miss getting through a green light so I have to patiently sit there through a whole light cycle waiting my turn. Light finally turns after 2-3 minutes and 2 seconds after it turns a car goes speeding through a red light. So not only did I wait that whole time, I also get to fear my life when I finally get to go. 

Had somebody do something stupid on the bike path commute this morning... relying on me to be extra aware and deal with it safely. Sadly, like all commutes, to be expected. 

And while I appreciate any sign of contrition, my peeve is when the person doing something stupid then doubles down and freaks out at you for being safe (honking, hitting the brakes, giving a shout). My guy this morning flipped me off and then started swearing at me. That's the kind of #### that sticks in my craw. On national kindness day, of all days.

I hate when basketball announcers make the same dumb tired comments about free throws.

55 seconds left in Marquette game. Purdue guy drives in for a layup. He gets fouled, misses the layup. Announcer says this is the best case scenario for Purdue because they get an opportunity to score with the clock stopped.

Listen bucko, It is actually the third best outcome. #1. Make the layup and get fouled. #2. Make layup and not get fouled. #3. Miss layup but get fouled. 

In all three scenarios THE CLOCK STOPS. 

Reminds me of when Madden used to say that the change of possession was like an extra time out. 

Users who are viewing this thread