What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (5 Viewers)

You know where I can get in 90 minutes from my house in a car? The Pacific Ocean.

Know where Key can get in 90 minutes from his house? Flint. Maybe.
Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, hundreds of inland lakes, the UP… arguably one of the most beautiful places in the US. Not to mention fantastic golf courses and ski resorts. Teams from all of the big 4 sports, half a dozen quality NCAA teams. And, contrary to your opinion, a lot of awesome food and the arts.

I think you need to spend the whole summer with your in-laws 😄

Been to Lake Huron 4 times. It's great, but it's a 3.5 hour drive from Lake Orion to Tawess or whatever.

Nothing is 90 minutes away except more urban sprawl. And the bugs....my god the bugs you have there in the summer! Gross.

Lake Michigan from Detroit is not close either. I played Arcadia Bluffs. 4 hour drive. Nothing around it except a town called Manistee. Neat.

You going go drive 4 hours to Lake Huron or Michigan any other time but the summer? No? Why not? Oh yeah, you live on the Planet Hoth. I can drive 90 minutes to the Pacific 12 months out of the year.

Ski resorts? Your tallest mountain is less than 2 thousand feet above sea level! I can stand on a beer can in Saginaw and see Muskegon! Get outta here with this. Oregon is a year long training home to Olympic skiers.

Oregon football >>> Michigan football. Just ask Loyd Carr.

Our food >>>>>> your food.

Dungeness crab and marionberries or hot dogs and boiled cabbage?

You know where I can get in 90 minutes from my house in a car? The Pacific Ocean.

Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, hundreds of inland lakes, the UP… arguably one of the most beautiful places in the US. Not to mention fantastic golf courses and ski resorts. Teams from all of the big 4 sports, half a dozen quality NCAA teams. And, contrary to your opinion, a lot of awesome food and the arts.

I'm with Kee. I lived in CA for 5 years and barely want to visit, much less live there again. Look forward to summer holidays in the UP every year. Golf, lake culture, cabins - fantastic.

Who the **** in here is defending California?????

I'm with Kee. I lived in CA for 5 years and barely want to visit, much less live there again. Look forward to summer holidays in the UP every year. Golf, lake culture, cabins - fantastic.

:bye:

Me.

:bye:
:towelwave:

Ski resorts. :lmao:

You forgot the Dunes. They are lovely. And frankly, Lake Michigan is pretty equivalent to the Pacific or the Gulf. It's just less salty.

Been to Lake Huron 4 times. It's great, but it's a 3.5 hour drive from Lake Orion to Tawess or whatever.

Nothing is 90 minutes away except more urban sprawl. And the bugs....my god the bugs you have there in the summer! Gross.

Lake Michigan from Detroit is not close either. I played Arcadia Bluffs. 4 hour drive. Nothing around it except a town called Manistee. Neat.

You going go drive 4 hours to Lake Huron or Michigan any other time but the summer? No? Why not? Oh yeah, you live on the Planet Hoth. I can drive 90 minutes to the Pacific 12 months out of the year.

Ski resorts? Your tallest mountain is less than 2 thousand feet above sea level! I can stand on a beer can in Saginaw and see Muskegon! Get outta here with this. Oregon is a year long training home to Olympic skiers.

That’s like a 2 hour drive chief

And you’re bragging about berries? That’s the 2nd best food Oregon has to offer? No wonder they don’t trust you guys to pump your own gas

And you’re bragging about berries? That’s the 2nd best food Oregon has to offer? No wonder they don’t trust you guys to pump your own gas
Ha ha. The only food I really recall in my time is Oregon is from this little bakery. We would get a triple berry pie frequently.

Oregon repealed the law saying you couldn't pump your own gas last year.

The UP is great. For the one week a year it is actually warm. Well if the lake didnt completely ice over the winter before. Then you get 3 days.

What are pasties?

What are pasties?
UP common. It looks like a calzone but filled with meat and vegetables.

Or a derogatory term for the Patriots. ;)
meat pies.. originated in the UK and you see them in those colonies

very much like a smaller calzone, but much lighter crust
Yes, not the tasseled things that strippers used to paste over their breasts.

I'm sure this was already mentioned, but the winner goes to those who pull up at the Costco gas station pump, proceed to take 1/2 hour to exit vehicle for who knows what reason, proceeds to then fumble through wallet / purse for membership card......then when finished, takes an additional 1/2 hour to get in car, put receipt away, adjust mirror, check texts, change radio station, put on seatbelt................absolutely maddening. Not a care in the world.
OMG this.

I literally get anxiety when it's my "turn" at the pump... making sure I'm prepared ahead of time to pop the gas tank lid, jump out, scan the QR, dispense fuel, hang up, close up, jump back in car and drive away as quickly as humanly possible so as not to inconvenience the next guy. Pretty sure I'm the only one.

And I've mentioned it here countless times before... it's all about self awareness and being kind/polite to others. :rant:
I’ve seen that slow oblivious person get the back pump and the over anxious person thread the needle down the middle and try to pull into the open front pump only to side swipe the slow guy.
Watched it happen on two different visits.
Seems like a good time to comment that all Costco members should be required to possess the Costco credit card. I pull out this credit card and hold it near the reader and I'm ready to pump in seconds. It changed my life.
Sam's says hold my beer. I scan the QR code on the pump and I'm done.
Oregon says hold MY beer. We dont even have to get out of the car if we dont want to.

(Yes, I know this recently changed a bit but there are still tons of full service only stations.)
But then you'd have to live in Oregon :oldunsure:

Says a guy who voluntarily lives in the Murder Mitten.....
Wouldn't have it any other way GB...

I know many who feel that way but having been to 48 states and living in 5 of them, I couldn't do Michigan. It's cold Texas.
That describes the entire Midwest, Plains states, and much of the Northeast as well. At least the cold and flat part.

Having lived in Ann Arbor a couple years, I definitely wouldn’t go back.

Upper management who listens to upper management over the experts.

I just had a 30 minute call explaining the capabilities of the applications i have worked with for the last 10 years to upper management. Immediately after the call one of the people in the call "heard" from a different upper manager who was not in the meeting that the application may not have the capability i described.

However, this person has no idea, they have never used the software or seen it outside of presentations. Now i need to have a call with that person and get them to email the group explaining it does work.

:wall:

I'm sure this was already mentioned, but the winner goes to those who pull up at the Costco gas station pump, proceed to take 1/2 hour to exit vehicle for who knows what reason, proceeds to then fumble through wallet / purse for membership card......then when finished, takes an additional 1/2 hour to get in car, put receipt away, adjust mirror, check texts, change radio station, put on seatbelt................absolutely maddening. Not a care in the world.
OMG this.

I literally get anxiety when it's my "turn" at the pump... making sure I'm prepared ahead of time to pop the gas tank lid, jump out, scan the QR, dispense fuel, hang up, close up, jump back in car and drive away as quickly as humanly possible so as not to inconvenience the next guy. Pretty sure I'm the only one.

And I've mentioned it here countless times before... it's all about self awareness and being kind/polite to others. :rant:
I’ve seen that slow oblivious person get the back pump and the over anxious person thread the needle down the middle and try to pull into the open front pump only to side swipe the slow guy.
Watched it happen on two different visits.
Seems like a good time to comment that all Costco members should be required to possess the Costco credit card. I pull out this credit card and hold it near the reader and I'm ready to pump in seconds. It changed my life.
Sam's says hold my beer. I scan the QR code on the pump and I'm done.
Oregon says hold MY beer. We dont even have to get out of the car if we dont want to.

(Yes, I know this recently changed a bit but there are still tons of full service only stations.)
But then you'd have to live in Oregon :oldunsure:

Says a guy who voluntarily lives in the Murder Mitten.....
Wouldn't have it any other way GB...

I know many who feel that way but having been to 48 states and living in 5 of them, I couldn't do Michigan. It's cold Texas.
That describes the entire Midwest, Plains states, and much of the Northeast as well. At least the cold and flat part.

Ann Arbor is about as far away from being representative of the state of Michigan as you can get, FWIW.

Car seat safety nazis

Making sure it is properly secured and your kid is properly secured in it- good

Making sure it is free from physical defects-good

Everything else- bad

GPS Apps

This past weekend I had 2 different GPS Apps complete **** the bed. We were in Seattle driving around. One couldn't figure out where I was and constantly thought I was on a side frontage road instead of the freeway, and the other had me going the wrong way down a one way street. I cant believe in 2024 we still have GPS issues like this. Why cant they figure this technology out?

GPS Apps

This past weekend I had 2 different GPS Apps complete **** the bed. We were in Seattle driving around. One couldn't figure out where I was and constantly thought I was on a side frontage road instead of the freeway, and the other had me going the wrong way down a one way street. I cant believe in 2024 we still have GPS issues like this. Why cant they figure this technology out?
It's not the GPS... it's Seattle.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Ann Arbor is about as far away from being representative of the state of Michigan as you can get, FWIW.
[/QUOTE]
Is it flatter and colder than the rest of the state?

GPS Apps

Speaking of GPS, I got an email from Garmin this weekend telling me they had "updated their terms & conditions". It was legitimately from Garmin as I checked the "from" address to make sure.

I haven't used a Garmin product in probably a decade or more (had one of those standalone GPS units that you'd plug into your cigarette lighter jack in your car). Guess I signed up for something and I'm still in their database.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Is it flatter and colder than the rest of the state?
[/QUOTE]
Yes

Why do men's and women's clothing/shoes have different sizing? They fit is already different, no need to create a separate measuring system for each. Do other other countries do this or just Cave-mericans?

Why do men's and women's clothing/shoes have different sizing? They fit is already different, no need to create a separate measuring system for each. Do other other countries do this or just Cave-mericans?
The UK has different sizing than Europe and they all do it

WHAT PART OF MY EMAIL THAT SAYS I WFH ON THURSDAY IS NOT CLEAR!@!@#!#!@

Stop scheduling in office visits

GPS Apps

Speaking of GPS, I got an email from Garmin this weekend telling me they had "updated their terms & conditions". It was legitimately from Garmin as I checked the "from" address to make sure.

I haven't used a Garmin product in probably a decade or more (had one of those standalone GPS units that you'd plug into your cigarette lighter jack in your car). Guess I signed up for something and I'm still in their database.
got the same email, but i'm wearing a Garmin right now so expect to get these emails.

People that reek of cigarette smoke. Was eating lunch, dude sat down at the booth next to mine... was a good 8-10 feet away and I could smell the stench. Glad I was almost done eating because that crap is just nasty. Memo to cigarette smokers, you should at minimum wash your hands after sucking down a cancer dart. More than likely, too, your clothes smell like smoke too. Whatever you can do to mitigate that would be appreciated by the rest of us. Gross.

People that reek of cigarette smoke. Was eating lunch, dude sat down at the booth next to mine... was a good 8-10 feet away and I could smell the stench. Glad I was almost done eating because that crap is just nasty. Memo to cigarette smokers, you should at minimum wash your hands after sucking down a cancer dart. More than likely, too, your clothes smell like smoke too. Whatever you can do to mitigate that would be appreciated by the rest of us. Gross.
I came across a cig smoker this weekend in front of a supermarket. The first in what feels like many years. I forgot how horrendous the stench is.

I came across a cig smoker this weekend in front of a supermarket. The first in what feels like many years. I forgot how horrendous the stench is.
I hang out at a dive bar here in SoCal where there are still a good handful of people that smoke cigs while imbibing. The bar has a tiny (maybe 12'x12') covered/gated-in patio that serves as the "smoking patio". One guy in particular emerges from there absolutely reeking... even with him sitting 2-3 barstools away I can smell it. Another guy (a GB of mine) smokes out there and comes back in and I can't even smell anything on him. Maybe it's the brand/type of deathstick?

ETA Looks like Ann Arbor is just about average as far as elevation, and warmer than most of the state. So I stand corrected; Ann Arbor is an outlier, better than the rest of MI.

I hang out at a dive bar here in SoCal where there are still a good handful of people that smoke cigs while imbibing. The bar has a tiny (maybe 12'x12') covered/gated-in patio that serves as the "smoking patio". One guy in particular emerges from there absolutely reeking... even with him sitting 2-3 barstools away I can smell it. Another guy (a GB of mine) smokes out there and comes back in and I can't even smell anything on him. Maybe it's the brand/type of deathstick?
1st guy probably smokes in his home so all of his clothes smell like it would be my guess

1st guy probably smokes in his home so all of his clothes smell like it would be my guess
I don't know, maybe. I think it's a combination of the type/brand of cig and how they technically smoke them. I think the first guy just blows the smoke wherever and it gets all over him. Or holds the smoldering cancer stick close to him when shooting the poop or drinking his beer. I think my GB probably makes sure to blow the smoke out away from him more. I dunno, never been a smoker. I think I've had 10 cigarettes in my life and I've always felt like crap afterwards.

Email chain at work I am tracking is now up to 57 replies.

It would all be solved by one phone call.

After about 20 I asked to be removed, because it has literally zero to do with me. I assume some emails happened without me, but somebody replied all to an older email that had me on it and boom, right back in the loop I go. So now I am just counting them off for fun.

They are trying to figure out which of 3 standing purchase orders should be used for an invoice. Instead of calling the customer and asking, they keep discussing it and asking for all sorts of background. The guy that took the order no longer works for us. So basically anybody that had regular contact with that person is on this chain.

Email chain at work I am tracking is now up to 57 replies.

It would all be solved by one phone call.

After about 20 I asked to be removed, because it has literally zero to do with me. I assume some emails happened without me, but somebody replied all to an older email that had me on it and boom, right back in the loop I go. So now I am just counting them off for fun.

They are trying to figure out which of 3 standing purchase orders should be used for an invoice. Instead of calling the customer and asking, they keep discussing it and asking for all sorts of background. The guy that took the order no longer works for us. So basically anybody that had regular contact with that person is on this chain.
Just invoice the highest amount

Users who are viewing this thread