What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cancer: Formerly about my wife Let’s help each other out (1 Viewer)

So sorry W. Lots of reasons to be hopeful this will have a good outcome, but brutal to go through. All the best to your wife and family.

Good luck to you Wrigley. As so many in this thread have already said, it's wonderful that it's been caught early. My mother has been in remission for 15 years and hers was caught right around where your wife's is.

I hope you have doctors who are positive and sharing that positivity with you - that made a lot of difference in her treatment.

We're all here if you need to rant/vent/complain/be scared, etc.

Good luck Wrigley. Not that I'd wish cancer on anyone, but breast cancer has one of the highest survival rates and overall prognosis. Not trying to diminish, but statistics are greatly in your favor.

That sucks. Beat that #### down and stay positive. My MIL is 10 years in remission, and it's amazing how far medicine and technology have come since then too.

Damnit

So sorry to hear Wrigley.

Thoughts and prayers for Mrs W and for you to be strong.

Hang in there GBW

So sorry W. Lots of reasons to be hopeful this will have a good outcome, but brutal to go through. All the best to your wife and family.
JFC- so young.

Lots of shirtless soccer player love and best wishes headed your way, Wrigley.

My mom caught it early and has beaten it :-)knock on wood:). Best of luck to you and yours- beat this thing!

and #### cancer. #### it right in the keester.

Thoughts and prayers.

My wife went through this a little over a year ago, it was caught early just as it seems to be with your wife.

The most important thing is to give her full support and be there for her, which I'm sure you and your families will.

Cancer is the suck.

Thoughts and prayers. #### cancer right in the #### hole. She'll get through this....you both will. We're all here to help if you need us.

Damn, Wrigs. So sorry, man. But, I agree with the good people in here. Got it early, go kick its assssssss.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Wrigley.

As others have mentioned, early detection is a huge thing. And with all the advancements in recent years, she should have access to some incredible treatments that are out there. I was diagnosed with stage 3c melanoma which came back three times. I'm currently on a 2-year case study with a treatment called PD-1, which is an immunotherapy. The tumor literally melted away within the first week and I've been cancer free ever since.

Even though it's a different type of cancer, you should inquire about immunotherapy with the oncologist.

Good luck to you and stay strong for her, buddy!

Thank you all for the very kind words..........I truly appreciate it.

Our Dr’s have all been extremely positive through this whole ordeal…..which seems like it started months ago, when in reality just started last week

They are also being very aggressive with this. Wife has already been in contact with a coordinator to help streamline the process.

We are moving forward even without the complete biopsy results in. We will know much more this weekend.

It’s looking more and more likely that we’re going with a double mastectomy, with full reconstruction within the next two weeks. We feel it’s best to get rid of all tissue that could become cancerous in the future (she doesn’t want to go through this again)

So at least we’re going to get some new bewbs out of this :)

The funny thing is I used to tell my wife I didn’t marry her for her looks or her mind, but for her strength…………This past week hasn’t changed a thing.

Thanks again everybody……..We’ll be just fine, we have way too much to live for.

Our Dr’s have all been extremely positive through this whole ordeal…..which seems like it started months ago, when in reality just started last week

They are also being very aggressive with this. Wife has already been in contact with a coordinator to help streamline the process.

We are moving forward even without the complete biopsy results in. We will know much more this weekend.

It’s looking more and more likely that we’re going with a double mastectomy, with full reconstruction within the next two weeks. We feel it’s best to get rid of all tissue that could become cancerous in the future (she doesn’t want to go through this again)

The funny thing is I used to tell my wife I didn’t marry her for her looks or her mind, but for her strength…………This past week hasn’t changed a thing.

Absolutely beautiful. You guys got this.

Absolutely beautiful. You guys got this.
Same here Wrigs

Do your best to understand all your options, before deciding on a course of treatment.

Best wishes to your wife and your family.

I'll say a prayer for your wife, you, and the team of doctors. You guys will pull through. I just know it.

New Bewbs, and I bet insurance pays for that :thumbup:

All will be well!! Hang in there and you'll both be stronger when you're through this. Good luck!!!

Glad it was caught it early and you are taking aggressive action to beat it. Best wishes for a complete beat down of it and for a long and healthy life.

As a female I will say I really admire Angelina Jolie for having a double masectomy. I didn't care for her before but have huge respect over the great role model she has become for people considering such an option. It's not looked upon like it was before.

I wish you and your wife the best.

As a female I will say I really admire Angelina Jolie for having a double masectomy. I didn't care for her before but have huge respect over the great role model she has become for people considering such an option. It's not looked upon like it was before.

My wife decided on a partial lumpectomy when she went through her treatment, but I did see a few of these shirts at our local walk for the cure last year.

Fight back

My wife decided on a partial lumpectomy when she went through her treatment, but I did see a few of these shirts at our local walk for the cure last year.

Fight back
Ha! Love it!

Double mastectomy? I was thinking lumpectomy the whole way.... was your wife going for annual mammograms? Just trying to figure out how fast these things go from zero to mastectomy.

GLGBW. Big fan of yours from afar on here. I feel like i know enough about you through here to know your wife is lucky from that respect of having you in her corner. Not to mention Annyong.

FFA is family. Please keep us posted and best of luck.
+1

Here's hoping this is instantly obliterated and is never an issue again.

And that your wife's perky new funbags bring you years of joy. Remember, she'll need validation as a woman after this is over. Bat those things around, perhaps a bronski or two. Break 'em in, she'll thank you for it.

Best of luck man.

Double mastectomy? I was thinking lumpectomy the whole way.... was your wife going for annual mammograms? Just trying to figure out how fast these things go from zero to mastectomy.
Some women make the choice to be rid of it once and for all. This may a case of that rather than it's at a stage where that is the only option.

It is crazy how life can turn on a dime. Sounds like you guys as a couple have been navigating this as good and better than could be expected. Best wishes on the procedure.

Wrigley, I have a strong feeling that you and your wife will get through this okay and be even closer. Best wishes to you both.

Some women make the choice to be rid of it once and for all. This may a case of that rather than it's at a stage where that is the only option.
This is exactly what my wife says she'd do if it ever came to that - "Take em both".

You and your wife go kick the ever loving #### out of this mother ####### cancer! Keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread