What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cancer: Formerly about my wife Let’s help each other out (1 Viewer)

This may be inapprropriate to post here(but it might help me keep my sanity)

A couple weeks ago my wife found a lump in her left breast. She did the right thing and contacted her Dr’s right away. After the initial consultation we moved onto a complete mammogram as well as an ultra sound.

The results were inconclusive other than determining that yes, she does in fact have 2 small masses in her left breast. Both are small, less than 1cm, which they tell us, is a good sign.

Just yesterday we had them perform a biopsy.

We will know the results in a couple hours.

I can’t tell you how scared I am….and have to believe that my wife is near breakdown

At this point it may be nothing, but it could very well be a very big thing.
I actually went through this with my wife many years ago. It was very scary. She ended up having the masses removed, although they were not cancerous.

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Hang in there. My wife has struggled with cystic masses in her breasts all her life. Those little bastards appear every once in a while during an exam and scare us to death for a few days and then it turns out to be nothing.

T&P this turns out to be nothing.

I'm sure you have the best doctors that will make sure your wife will be fine and live a long healthy life.

Wrigley - my wife had the same thing and it turned out to be nothing. Doc said that it was very common and the % of women who actually have an issue is really low of those tested.

I'd be scared, too, despite everyone telling me try not to worry. Hang in there and do your best to stay calm. I'm sure the percentages are greatly in your favor.

Hope it's nothing but it sounds like this is an early detection which should go a long way to being fully recoverable. Sending good thoughts.

Good luck to your wife and you Wrigley. I don't want to think about going through that with my wife.

WTF is going on around here - its been brutal health-wise to the community here lately.

Find the right people she feels comfortable with and support her any way she needs it. People kick cancers ### all the time. Wishing the best for you and your family.

I'm sorry it wasn't the news you and your wife were hoping for, Wrigley. As others have mentioned, early detection is a good thing. I have a couple friends who were diagnosed around your wife's age, and they are doing great a decade later. I wish the same for your wife. I've told the positive vibe wizard to send some signals you and your wife's way - :tinfoilhat: <---positive vibe wizard. The magic wand looks a bit like a clothes hanger, but it's effective. Well wishes & GB.

I'm sorry to hear that Wrigley. If there's anything you guys need, I'm sure you can post it here and you'll have dozens of people jumping to help. Thoughts are with you and your family!

Prayers for your wife and family. There's probably going to be a lot of suckiness coming but the odds are greatly in your wife's favor.

Time to kick cancer's ###. You and the Mrs can do this.

So sorry. From reading your posts here, it seems like she will have a great support system, and it was caught early. Stay strong for her.

So sorry Wrigley. Completely understand how scary this is. It does sound like it was caught early so that is positive. Please keep us posted on your wife's progress. Thoughts and prayers for a great outcome and many, many decades together with Mrs. Wrigley. I'll add a luminaria for Mrs. W to the one's I already have (F cancer) for our Relay for Life event.

wrigley....feel for you...my wife is a survivor of 15 years....just turned 50....

i'm sure you will both get thru this....

Sorry to hear that you and your wife are going through this, my thoughts are with you. I'm glad she caught it quickly, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread