What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car Market going forward (2 Viewers)

Why would I buy a $30k Chevy when I can buy a fully loaded Honda Accord for that?
What Chevy are you referring to?

Any of them but I was talking bout the Chevy Bolt
It's closer to 20k after rebates. It's also a full electric. I spend around $200 in gas a month and have free charging stations at work. The $400 a month payment is essentially $200 a month.

Fair enough. I would prefer to buy an 1987 Honda Crx. 52-70 MPG and no microchips.
I'd pay a stupid amount of money if I ran across an '87 CRX for sale.

Not a lot of them but they're attainable.
Nice. I'd love one, but my definition of "stupid amount of money" is clearly very different from the rest of the old CRX buying community.

This 1990 Si is super sweet., but $40K is little much for me.
Cool car but 40 grand? A lot of other cars I'd rather have for that.

Why would I buy a $30k Chevy when I can buy a fully loaded Honda Accord for that?
What Chevy are you referring to?

Any of them but I was talking bout the Chevy Bolt
It's closer to 20k after rebates. It's also a full electric. I spend around $200 in gas a month and have free charging stations at work. The $400 a month payment is essentially $200 a month.

Fair enough. I would prefer to buy an 1987 Honda Crx. 52-70 MPG and no microchips.
I'd pay a stupid amount of money if I ran across an '87 CRX for sale.

Not a lot of them but they're attainable.
Nice. I'd love one, but my definition of "stupid amount of money" is clearly very different from the rest of the old CRX buying community.

This 1990 Si is super sweet., but $40K is little much for me.
Cool car but 40 grand? A lot of other cars I'd rather have for that.
I could have a damn nice bass boat for that.

Thinking about grabbing a 23 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring soon. Does that website still work where we got the dealers bidding against each other?

My daily is a 2001 Toyota Echo.
That is one ugly *** car

My mom drive that car for like 15 years!
Ugly attracts ugly I guess :wink:
Unfortunately she died when covid started. The car is still in use by some kid last I heard.
I'm sorry about your Momma.
She was clearly a very smart, practical woman.

Oh I'm sure that Echo is still in use. Most of the 53 of them that Toyota sold still are. And that kid is damn lucky to be driving such a fine car that used to be owned by your wonderful mother.

Broke down tonight and made an online deal to trade in my Genesis G80 Sport and my Hyundai Santa Cruz on an new Telluride and $5000.
I liked them both but I think we will enjoy the Telly and only paying insurance for one car.
I wanted a car that I could take my nephew's family on jaunts (3 rows), tow 5000 lbs because I really want a boat and /or a travel trailer, 4wd for the New England winters. I decided on a 202 Volvo CV90. Then I decided on a 2019 Audi G7, then I finally decided to spend an extra 10 and get the brand new, loaded Telluride.

Broke down tonight and made an online deal to trade in my Genesis G80 Sport and my Hyundai Santa Cruz on an new Telluride and $5000.
I liked them both but I think we will enjoy the Telly and only paying insurance for one car.
I wanted a car that I could take my nephew's family on jaunts (3 rows), tow 5000 lbs because I really want a boat and /or a travel trailer, 4wd for the New England winters. I decided on a 202 Volvo CV90. Then I decided on a 2019 Audi G7, then I finally decided to spend an extra 10 and get the brand new, loaded Telluride.
Have you started looking at travel trailers yet? You may do a quick search on potential weight of those if you are going to use the Telluride to pull it.

New commuter ride

Beats the 14 year old traverse.

Purchasing an Accord in Jersey might be in my near future. this is a 23?
2022..... I think the 2023 are not good looking imo

It's the Sport Trim with a couple features.
We feel the same. Would go 2022 on the Accord ourselves. I have had so many accords I lost track. Seven maybe? We are also thinking about the Acura Integra. The base is similar to the Touring Civic, but has some cool stuff included. We will probably test drive a Civic Touring hatchback and a base Integra.

That is one ugly *** car

Unfortunately she died when covid started. The car is still in use by some kid last I heard.

Oh I'm sure that Echo is still in use. Most of the 53 of them that Toyota sold still are. And that kid is damn lucky to be driving such a fine car that used to be owned by your wonderful mother.
Stop, lol. It was fugly.

New commuter ride

Did you ever fix any of that stuff on the ol' Traverse? What were you able to get for it?
No and more stuff broke on it lol. It's why I pulled the trigger now.

1500 for trade. Thought it was a little low but it had scratches and dents all over it plus all the mechanical issues I didn't fight too hard. But I did negotiate the price down. Since it's my 3rdbcar I bought at this dealership I got it for $1 above their price.

Absolutely love my 4 door civic touring. Great car.
I went back and forth on what to get. I had a price in my head. My civic ex was very nice. But since this is primarily a commuter I didn't want to go too crazy. I know the Accord Sport is a trim down from the civic EX but I just wanted some above base. The 2 things I had that I miss already is the auto door unlock and trunk unlock sensing.....

Maybe I'll trade back with my kid lol

Last edited:
That is one ugly *** car

Stop, lol. It was fugly.
Oh, I assure you, I'm not joking.

Your Mama was a smart woman. I'll stop there because I've already put the good folks here through enough Echo ranting.

New commuter ride

Did you ever fix any of that stuff on the ol' Traverse? What were you able to get for it?
No and more stuff broke on it lol. It's why I pulled the trigger now.

1500 for trade. Thought it was a little low but it had scratches and dents all over it plus all the mechanical issues I didn't fight too hard. But I did negotiate the price down. Since it's my 3rdbcar I bought at this dealership I got it for $1 above their price.
Nice. Based on the issues you'd described, $1500 on a trade-in seems like a solid outcome.

Okay, we haven't bought a completely brand new vehicle in some time but the wife would like a Honda Civic or Accord. Just looking at the dealer websites, it seems like we can get better rates, lower payments on a 2023 than we can get on 2022 or 2021. Why wouldn't we pull the trigger on new vs a car that has 21k in miles on it?

She loves her Chevy Cruze, but we just crossed 80k miles on it and it seems we are starting to have to pour some money into it. I am not sure I like putting bad money after good at this point. But I am also retiring this year, so not sure I want a big car payment.

We have never leased because the larger amount due at signing has deterred us. Have any of you had success in getting them to lower or completely waive that requirement?

Is there no one on this board who has a dealership hookup?

I have one, but it's a Ford dealership, in Detroit, friend of a friend kind of thing, and he's Albanian so...............

Okay, we haven't bought a completely brand new vehicle in some time but the wife would like a Honda Civic or Accord. Just looking at the dealer websites, it seems like we can get better rates, lower payments on a 2023 than we can get on 2022 or 2021. Why wouldn't we pull the trigger on new vs a car that has 21k in miles on it?

She loves her Chevy Cruze, but we just crossed 80k miles on it and it seems we are starting to have to pour some money into it. I am not sure I like putting bad money after good at this point. But I am also retiring this year, so not sure I want a big car payment.

We have never leased because the larger amount due at signing has deterred us. Have any of you had success in getting them to lower or completely waive that requirement?

Somebody else will chime in but IIRC you don’t HAVE to put anything down - they just roll it into your payment.

I have one, but it's a Ford dealership, in Detroit, friend of a friend kind of thing, and he's Albanian so...............
What are you looking for? I work at a dealer in Iowa, but it is a GM dealer so no one on this board would want anything to do with our vehicles. :lol: We also have a Ford and Chrysler dealer that we recently purchased.

What are you looking for? I work at a dealer in Iowa, but it is a GM dealer so no one on this board would want anything to do with our vehicles. :lol: We also have a Ford and Chrysler dealer that we recently purchased.
Ya know, I would very much like to hear the inside scoop on the Lyric.

whats the wait list like, how is rollout going etc

Back in the day I could get any Chevy below dealer cost. Its how I bought my traverse and 3 other cars for family.

Sadly that went away about 6 years ago

Ya know, I would very much like to hear the inside scoop on the Lyric.

whats the wait list like, how is rollout going etc
Sorry, we are not a Cadillac dealer so don't get any info on Cadillac models. We are not an EV dealer for Chevy or GMC at this point. We recently gave up the Buick Franchise because GM wanted a huge some of money in order to become EV compatible and keep the Buick Franchise. We are in NW Iowa (rural very ag oriented) so my guess is that it will be 8-10 years before EV is applicable here.

Back in the day I could get any Chevy below dealer cost. Its how I bought my traverse and 3 other cars for family.

Sadly that went away about 6 years ago
Still available at Mercedes or anywhere that has lattes, sandwiches, and sweets for costumers. After five hours kicked back and the salesman’s desk he went over his managers head to get me a price below what I was asking just so I would leave. As long as the car is on the lot you have a shot.

Just bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe (Calligraphy) 1800 under sticker (I know, not that great but it was something) 0% for 48 months. Put nothing down and didn't trade anything - going to play with Hyundai's money for a while until we just pay it off. We have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that we are just going to try to sell on our own (pray for us...).

Wife's car, going from a 2020 Armada. She wanted something smaller and this thing is loaded. Looked at the Genesis equivalent, but for the money this was the better deal, and we both thought the styling of the Genesis was ugly, especially inside - trying too hard to be "futuristic".

Anyway, now looking for a 2021 F-150 with max Tow package under 40k miles - like a damn unicorn.

That's not ever a requirement as long as your credit score isn't awful.

In fact, you never want to put money down on a lease.

If you get a lease and the car gets totaled, you get to walk away. But, any money you put down is lost.

but it is a GM dealer so no one on this board would want anything to do with our vehicles.
Not true my friend. Have been looking hard at a year or 2 old Camaro ZL1 for my fun (part time track) car.

*not looking for the hook up as I’m not buying new, was just speaking to the wanting of a GM.

Have you started looking at travel trailers yet? You may do a quick search on potential weight of those if you are going to use the Telluride to pull it.
Also, you need to consider the weight of all of your cargo including people and pets.

Gotta say the Chevy Bolts are a pretty incredible bargain right now. Roughly 20 grand flat after the federal rebate, qualifying discounts, state rebates etc.
Really want to pull the trigger on one of these, but they're a little smaller than what I need and no AWD.
I was amazed at how useful the space was in my Honda Fit. I haven't poked around in a Bolt yet, but that general shape of car can hold more than I expected. Is there anything specific you want to put in it? I was surprised that I could get 3 people and 3 mountain bikes into the Fit (front wheels removed). That's my minimum requirement for any vehicle.

But question for ya, for we wrestled with similar debates. How often do you need a larger vehicle? How often and why do you need AWD? Our 2nd car is a van, so that settled the smaller vehicle problem, and we have lived without AWD and find it is just fine with a heavy vehicle and good snow tires
"Need" the extra space a few times a year. Useful, but could probably make do without it, a couple times a month. Unfortunately, there is no second car, so the one has to cover all use cases.

I'd probably be OK without AWD, in part due to prevalence of work from home. Fair enough to call AWD a nice to have.
Gotcha, my fault for replying without reading through.

I have pretty good insight into Ford things. I have sent out some Friends and Family PINs in the past.

Absolutely love my 4 door civic touring. Great car.
Hatch back? Thoughts on that?
Probably great. I wanted 4 doors. Does the hatchback have 4 doors?
Yes
I love mine. It’s startlingly roomy. great car
Hoping to have time for a test drive soon. Gonna check the Acura Integra just for a comparison. My kid wants lights on the bottom of the car like fast and the furious. So I'll probably add that myself. How to mount them is probably the hardest part. I did yellow fog lights on the truck and it looks cool. 😀

God I hate car dealers. The Telluride I wanted had a $5000 protection package added to the price and its removal was non-negotiable.

So I kept researching and trying to find my perfect car at a fair price.
I finally decide to blow the budget and get a Volvo CV90 Recharge. Inscription for 58.5k, only 18K miles so lots of the 4y 50k warranty would last 3 1/2 years. Of course it maybe a bs offer and then I found out the third row may not work with car seats and the third row is not appropriate for adults. Jury's out but looks like it may work with one child rear-face in the second row. I've never put a kid in a car sear in my entire life, so my research is tainted with ignorance.
So I decided to keep looking. and found a 2022 Telluride EX with 27k for $40k. Both this and the Volvo Recharge are excellent prices, I'll find out if either are real or bs.
I forget why, but I threw out the Audi from consideration.

Just bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe (Calligraphy) 1800 under sticker (I know, not that great but it was something) 0% for 48 months. Put nothing down and didn't trade anything - going to play with Hyundai's money for a while until we just pay it off. We have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that we are just going to try to sell on our own (pray for us...).

Wife's car, going from a 2020 Armada. She wanted something smaller and this thing is loaded. Looked at the Genesis equivalent, but for the money this was the better deal, and we both thought the styling of the Genesis was ugly, especially inside - trying too hard to be "futuristic".

Anyway, now looking for a 2021 F-150 with max Tow package under 40k miles - like a damn unicorn.
Had a Santa Fe before and loved it. It would have been on my list, but can't tow 5000#. That Calligraphy is especially nice. I disagree on the Genesis looks,

Users who are viewing this thread