What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Champ Bailey- Wayne or harrison? (1 Viewer)

Your Mom

Footballguy
Who does Champ Bailey cover this weekend? Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison? I am thinking marvin, but curious to what others think.

whoever lines up on the right hand side each play.seriously.
from who's perspective? O or D?Harrison usually lines up on the right side of the Colts formation from their perspective
O perspectiveBailey's been lining up against whichever receiver is on the strong side (or QB's non-blind side).I'd imagine if it was the Redskins (and a left handed QB) the D would be flipped.

Harrison gets his long bombs and end zone fade-aways, but his bread and butter is the 8-9 yard quick hitches and slants. That'll be difficult to defend, no matter who you are. Having said all that though, I'd lean towards Wayne having a bigger game. How big of a game though? Denver has allowed 2 TD's all year.

Champ is playing at his highest level right now and has consistently matched up vs. opponent's top receiver. Also, Harrison usually lines up on the same side of the formation every down. I'm thinking that Champ will line up across Marvin for the better part of the game leaving Darrent Williams to cover Wayner.

I think that Indy will struggle to run the ball vs. that tough Broncos run D which could make for a big day for the receiver that is not being covered by the Champ. Darrent Williams has shown that he is mistake prone and can be over agressive.

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from some Denver homers...

Not a Broncos homer but I'd expect the plan will be the same as it's been for most of the season involving Bailey, having him stay on the left side of the field and try to take away one-half of the field from the passing game. That way he'll defend either WR who lines up on that side and doesn't have to favor just one. The key then will be for Manning to decide how often he wants to test that side of the field (I wouldn't expect him to back down as other QBs would but I would expect his attempts to be low) and whether the Colts believe Harrison or Wayne is the WR they can best exploit on the other side of the field.

Watching the last Indy game they were talking about doing a poll with the top DB's and asking them who was the toughest WR to cover in the NFL, and the announcer stated that 4 out of 5 DB's asked answered "Marvin Harrison"

take that for whatever it's worth, but my guess is that Champ will be on Marvin all day as he's still considered Indy's top receiving threat by opposing defenses.

Watching the last Indy game they were talking about doing a poll with the top DB's and asking them who was the toughest WR to cover in the NFL, and the announcer stated that 4 out of 5 DB's asked answered "Marvin Harrison"take that for whatever it's worth, but my guess is that Champ will be on Marvin all day as he's still considered Indy's top receiving threat by opposing defenses.
Heard this as well and was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread subject. :thumbup:

Like last time they played Champ will hold Bailey down for only a few catches, and Wayne will have a big game. Remeber Waynes last game vs the Broncos...he only set post season records as a WR. That was possible because Manning couldn't throw to Harrison all day.

Champ wins this battle but the Colts win the game

Not a Broncos homer but I'd expect the plan will be the same as it's been for most of the season involving Bailey, having him stay on the left side of the field and try to take away one-half of the field from the passing game. That way he'll defend either WR who lines up on that side and doesn't have to favor just one. The key then will be for Manning to decide how often he wants to test that side of the field (I wouldn't expect him to back down as other QBs would but I would expect his attempts to be low) and whether the Colts believe Harrison or Wayne is the WR they can best exploit on the other side of the field.
That means he's on Harrison. Wayne usually lines up on the left side of the Indy field, the right side for Denver's D.

Users who are viewing this thread