What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chicago at Green Bay (1 Viewer)

You have to decline the penalty here. The down is more important than the yardage.

Ugh....NFL coaches...
Does the clock still stop if they decline?
yes it does, and no you take the penalty there because it would have been like 2nd and 3 or 4 and one first down ends the game. If it would have been 2nd and 9 then you decline.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the report is right and Rodgers does have a Broken Collarbone, how long would something like that sideline him. I know everyone's diff but just guessing, is that a season ending Inj?

Now the best case scenario is getting the ball back with about 10 seconds left instead of almost a minute left. Ridiculous.
wut?
NM, they had 3 timeouts. Thought they only had 2.

Still worth considering as, if you decline the penalty and still stop them you save a timeout for offense instead of having none, but not the easy choice it would've been if they only had 2 TO's.

FreeBaGeL said:
You have to decline the penalty here. The down is more important than the yardage.

Ugh....NFL coaches...
splain it to me
1st down run ends at 1:08. Decline the penalty, it's now 2nd down with 1:08 left and 2 timeouts. Call a timeout after 2nd and 3rd down and they kick the FG with about a minute left.

Instead, he took the penalty. 1st down run ends at 1:08. He accepts the penalty, replay 1st down so it's now 1st down with 2 timeouts. Call timeout after 1st and 2nd down but you have no timeout for after 3rd down, so the clock runs all the way down to about 10 seconds before they kick the FG.

We JUST saw this done properly in the Dallas/Detroit game so it's 10x worse that they can't figure this very basic thing out.
um yeah they have 3 timeouts and its not second and goal from the 4didnt see your post above ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If the report is right and Rodgers does have a Broken Collarbone, how long would something like that sideline him. I know everyone's diff but just guessing, is that a season ending Inj?
And how long until he can do the belt thing again?

"I've never heard of anything like this." - Gruden on Incognito situation

Yeah, if you stick your head in the sand, then certainly you wouldn't have.

I've been feeling bad for the Bears D, but half of the D is hurt. The Pack D is relatively healthy, and they suck.

Users who are viewing this thread