What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chiefs at Chargers*** (5.5, 52.5) Sunday Night Football (1 Viewer)

What is it about the end of games that make coaches lose all of their IQ points? Not doubling Kelce, and Adams in the Denver game earlier, was the literal dumbest thing these teams could do.

I'm not saying I'm smarter than NFL HCs, but they sure seem to do stupider things than I'd ever do.

How do they single cover him in that situation?

Literally anyone else could beat them and it would be fine. But leaving Kelce in single coverage was just crazy.

Oh Herbert - yikes.

Mahomes and Kelce are awesome, but there was zero resistance on that drive. I feel comfortable in saying that this Chargers team, which is loaded with talent, isn't going anywhere with Staley as the head coach. Amazing how the Chiefs are this good, and have the luxury of the the other teams in their division all having crappy head coaches.

sorry to hammer this nail again, but this is fixed....
Wut?
anyone else thinking NFL fixed games?
No, it’s just you.
unlikely
No, it’s just you.

sorry to hammer this nail again, but this is fixed....
Wut?
No, it’s just you.
unlikely
No, it’s just you.
None of that means the games are fixed.

It’s an absurd allegation.

How do they single cover him in that situation?

Literally anyone else could beat them and it would be fine. But leaving Kelce in single coverage was just crazy.

Oh Herbert - yikes.
It has to be ego, right? Like I don't need to treat anyone like they are special, my scheme is good enough.
Gotta be. Everyone in the stadium and at home knew for absolute fact the ball was headed that way.

They doubled him the whole drive. Then in 1st & goal they leave him 1 on 1. Madness.

What is it about the end of games that make coaches lose all of their IQ points? Not doubling Kelce, and Adams in the Denver game earlier, was the literal dumbest thing these teams could do.

I'm not saying I'm smarter than NFL HCs, but they sure seem to do stupider things than I'd ever do.
The worst was Kupp being wide open the entire playoffs, last year.

I for one was 100% confident that Logan Wilson (a 250 pound LB) could totally cover Cooper Kupp in the redzone on the most important play of the career of every single person on that field.

Todd Bowles's expressionless face in Tampa last year was chef's kiss to this Jets fan, though. I'd seen enough of that look on inept sidelines before.
“30 seconds left and we go to OT where we give the greatest qb ever the ball where he will win the game. Should we double this guy who has 3000 yards this year or let our safety single cover him? Who can tell?”

Was there ever a doubt that Kelce was going to run another TD into the end zone tonight?
My goodness
There's a difference between fixed and inserting a game script to try and win by KC
The Chargers do have an obligation to try and stop Kelce

-The NFL "fixes" games by having special rules that only apply to the Quarterback because they are afraid these guys will get hurt and they won't have a product worth tuning in for.
-Let's discuss why the game and the NFLRZ channel put me almost into a coma yesterday, 1st time all season the Mrs slept the entire 1:00 set of games, 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep until I started cooking dinner last night for the late games. She said it was the most boring set of football games she had casually observed all season.

No, it’s just you.
unlikely
I'm guessing you lost your FF game? This is usually the excuse we hear when some can't accept that outcome. They didn't lose because of their bad drafting or WW acumen or maybe their players just didn't perform that day, they lost because the game was fixed! Fixed I tell ya'!!!!
No, I won...but I see what I see. Sorry. I can post the scoreboard if it helps. The NFL absolutely sways penalties towards the "chosen" one's, used to be favre, then rodgers and brady, now mahomes (you know...the guys in all of the commercials)...a whole game of struggle..then all the sudden everything clicks....come on man...it's a show, and we all know it.

No, it’s just you.
unlikely
I'm guessing you lost your FF game? This is usually the excuse we hear when some can't accept that outcome. They didn't lose because of their bad drafting or WW acumen or maybe their players just didn't perform that day, they lost because the game was fixed! Fixed I tell ya'!!!!
No, I won...but I see what I see. Sorry. I can post the scoreboard if it helps. The NFL absolutely sways penalties towards the "chosen" one's, used to be favre, then rodgers and brady, now mahomes (you know...the guys in all of the commercials)...a whole game of struggle..then all the sudden everything clicks....come on man...it's a show, and we all know it.

No. This ain't the WWF. I shouldn't even have to explain the difference.

No, it’s just you.
unlikely
Yeah, no. Also, the earth isn’t flat.

No, it’s just you.
unlikely
Yeah, no. Also, the earth isn’t flat.
And there is no Illuminati controlling the NFL games.

No, it’s just you.
unlikely
Sounds like you need to stop watching the NFL if it angers you so much. Seriously, why are you even griping about it? Just find another hobby and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread