What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Prosise - RB - Notre Dame (2 Viewers)

Guy is definitely a game breaker. With how bad that line is, definitely think they want to use him as an outlet more. He's a work in progress as a runner (specifically he's got to learn to carry the ball in his outside/right hand and protect the ball better). 

Can definitely be the weapon they wanted Lockett to be this season. Russell isn't getting the time to go downfield and lacks the mobility with injury to extend plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
But but but ... that shot out of a cannon guy has tremendous SPARQ ability ... don't hate on Christine!!! He's got phenomenal athleticism. I got a 170 page thread to prove it!

Glibness aside, Prosise was actually pretty high in terms of SPARQ rating, top 3 or 4 in this RB class if I remember correctly.

This is how it starts bois, Prosise breakout incoming.

Trying to figure out this backfield.  What's the best guess assuming Rawls returns Week 10 and is healthy?  Do we expect Prosise to be used much like Detroit uses Riddick?  Will Michael be relegated to backup or will it be a Rawls/Michael split with Prosise mixed in on passing downs?  

I picked up Prosise a couple weeks ago based on the thinking that he had upside, albeit an unknown quantity. I still don't have a clue (nor even a best guess) as to how it's going to shake out but I'm willing to hold and see where it goes.

Disclaimer: 12-team keeper league. I'm 1-7, in 12th place, and likely losing again this week with no shot at playoffs. It behooves me to hang on to Prosise as his trade value could skyrocket in the coming weeks. If I don't reap some kind of benefit from holding on to him I'm okay with that too.

Just dumped Maclin for Prosise.

Both are guys that will probably split time with too many other guys, on an offense that's too inept, to matter.

At least with Maclin there's no longer much question about that.

Trying to figure out this backfield.  What's the best guess assuming Rawls returns Week 10 and is healthy?  Do we expect Prosise to be used much like Detroit uses Riddick?  Will Michael be relegated to backup or will it be a Rawls/Michael split with Prosise mixed in on passing downs?  
I own Micheal/Rawls combo in a dynasty league. At this point, I think Rawls is the clear lead back when he comes back and Prosise is the pass catching/3rd down back. It's quite evident the coaching staff feels like Micheal is leaving yards in the field. Rawls/Prosise combo will inject some life into this offense, especially when you couple that with Wilson's heathy improv My 

Coach Pete Carroll said Thomas Rawls (fibula) could return in Week 11.
Rawls has already been ruled out for Week 9. He's expected to resume practicing Wednesday, but is at least two weeks away from game action. Rawls needs to get in shape after missing the last two months. He'll be returning to a timeshare with Christine Michael when healthy.

Source: Stephen Cohen on Twitter
Nov 5 - 5:31 PM

Prosise will get more touches than CMike this week,if CMike starts off slow..Just a feeling...I don't think Rawls plays until week 11,he's out of football shape,and he will probably look just as bad as he did before his latest injury....Rawls was great last year,But won't return to form until next year. By then Prosise will have carved out a huge role,or will take over the starting RB job..

Prosise will get more touches than CMike this week,if CMike starts off slow..Just a feeling...I don't think Rawls plays until week 11,he's out of football shape,and he will probably look just as bad as he did before his latest injury....Rawls was great last year,But won't return to form until next year. By then Prosise will have carved out a huge role,or will take over the starting RB job..
My thoughts as well. Monday will be interesting to watch. IMO he is a must add in all formats until we see how this shakes out.

With Shady looking like he's going to play this week, would you guys drop Gillislee for Prosise? In a tough spot with Howard and DJ on bye. 

Prosise is not built to be an every down back.   He's a gadget player in Seattle's offense.   He will be closer to Percy Harvin than Marshawn Lynch.  He's definitely an add in PPR but I wouldnt expect much in standard. 

Prosise is not built to be an every down back.   He's a gadget player in Seattle's offense.   He will be closer to Percy Harvin than Marshawn Lynch.  He's definitely an add in PPR but I wouldnt expect much in standard. 
I have to disagree with that. Kid is built solid as a rock. He is a great athlete with great agility and hands. I don't think he in  anything like Marshawn Lynch, very few backs are. But he can do a lot of damage getting 15-17 touches via run and pass.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Seattle will use him as a battering ram like Lynch and Rawls.   He's a taller guy without that compact build...  He could be a superstar if they do use him as an every down back so the upside is certainly there. 

So for those who watched the game Sunday and/or know the Hawks -- what was limiting his use? and how do you see his usage for the game against the Pats this weekend?  I can't afford another  goose egg.

They rushed the ball a total of 8 times (3 for Prosise; 5 for Michael) with their RBs. There isn't much to tell except they don't really trust the run game until Rawls gets back.

So for those who watched the game Sunday and/or know the Hawks -- what was limiting his use? and how do you see his usage for the game against the Pats this weekend?  I can't afford another  goose egg.
He was in on a lot of plays where he needed to pass block. He blew one coverage early, but looked pretty okay in pass-pro as the game went on. A few plays could've gone his way, one very late that would've been a big break but Wilson was sacked.

Pats aren't great against pass-catching backs FWIW.

He was in on a lot of plays where he needed to pass block. He blew one coverage early, but looked pretty okay in pass-pro as the game went on. A few plays could've gone his way, one very late that would've been a big break but Wilson was sacked.

Pats aren't great against pass-catching backs FWIW.
OK thanks --

You're going to get different opinions on this. Some will say they ran the ball poorly. Some will say they didn't try. Some will say they didn't need to. Its mostly about perception. I tend to lean on the side of game plan. They averaged over 10 yards passing per attempt. That's unreal. Add in the long PI calls they got that translates to even more yardage I think you get a better picture that explains why this game was an oddity. I think they walked into the game knowing they were going to throw the ball a ton and not bother trying to run the ball. 

Next week I expect to see them run the ball on New England, or at least try to run the ball a lot more. Won't be surprised to see Prosise get more carries. However, I saw him struggle in pass pro more than once. That's not going to endear you to the coaching staff. We'll see. 

In one of his pressers Carroll mentioned that they have hardly had opportunity to assess Prosise, and he the opportunity to become acclimated with his responsibilities on-field.  It seemed that staff really want to see what the rookie can/can't do and are planning to increase his p/t to do so starting this week.

I own CMike, and honestly I see this team abandoning the run.  This is Wilson's show to create.  They'll sprinkle in enough runs to try and keep the defense honest but even if they don't they are OK with it.  Prosise isn't the answer.  His snap count only speaks to Seattle's commitment to the pass, which doesn't help any RB's productions.  They don't look to him much.

This may be the week for Prosise.  Michael added to the injury report yesterday with a hammy and Rawls ruled out.  
Sunday night game, you'd have to commit to him while all of your afternoon options were playing.  Anybody thinking about it?  I have Prosise, but Seattle's run game seems stuck in neutral.

Sunday night game, you'd have to commit to him while all of your afternoon options were playing.  Anybody thinking about it?  I have Prosise, but Seattle's run game seems stuck in neutral.
I'm playing him over Kelley. Even with the running game in Seattle bogging down in PPR this is a decent play as there is a good chance Seattle is playing from behind this week. I'm not expecting a big game but 15 pts or so in PPR is possible with a TD.

What has he done to warrant a start?  On my bench until I see something.   Rawls looms as well... 
If you're going to start him this is the week.  Rawls?  Eh?  Until he gets on the field not worried, and even then its going to take a 2-3 games to get back into game shape.

CMike falling out of favor and Rawls not back for another week. That's enough for me to give him a shot. NE D has allowed a good amount of garbage time production as well.

kittenmittens said:
What has he done to warrant a start?
Talent + Opportunity on a good team leads to success. I understand that you might think he lacks one of the two necessary elements. Can you expand on your thoughts?

Talent + Opportunity on a good team leads to success. I understand that you might think he lacks one of the two necessary elements. Can you expand on your thoughts?
Seattle hasn't been great on the ground lately and they don't seem to be looking to Prosise enough in the passing game yet.  I wouldn't be starting him unless desperate.  

In his presser on Wed., Cable said of 10 running plays, 7 of them had failures by at least one player in assignment - said of the three that weren't failures, 2 were Prosise and one was Michael. There were no more specifics, but I think that Prosise is just learning to run in the ZBS (missed most of preseason and the first 4-6 weeks of practice with injuries), and we don't have enough information yet to know if he's adequate or if he's good. On top of that, the OL has been mostly abysmal (run blocking) this year. I'm starting CJ this week out of necessity, and I'm not excited about it. That being said, there were some flashes of how he creates mismatches in the Buffalo game (split wide with a LB in coverage), but Wilson never looked to take advantage.

What I mean is Seattle may go in and lay an egg after all this Prosise hype.
I hope the Pat's do run up the score early. Prosise is more valuable in PPR and if they are forced to throw more than his value goes up, I'm not looking for a monster game but 15 points in PPR seems very doable.

I hope the Pat's do run up the score early. Prosise is more valuable in PPR and if they are forced to throw more than his value goes up, I'm not looking for a monster game but 15 points in PPR seems very doable.
This will sound crazy, but Prosise is one of two or three guys I'm looking at on my bench as Ware @ Carolina seems risky.  They've stuffed Johnson and Gurley in back to back weeks.  In the end, I'll probably stick with start your studs!

I can't decide if I should start Kelley or Prosise this week in PPR. Prosise could lay an egg & Kelley has the safer floor, but Prosise may go nuts too hmm...

I'm not really buying into the hype with Prossise. He only had 5 touches last week. What is to say Michael doesn't get his full work load?

Users who are viewing this thread