What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland at New England (1 Viewer)

Yenrub said:
What is the story with the Patriots running game?

Who is getting the carries? Is one back looking better than the others?
Everyone is getting carries.

Blount and Ridley continuing to be one-dimensional mediocre backs, Vereen looks good when the ball is catchable.

Blount is more effective than Ridley.

He didn't mean to injure him. He hit right above the knee. It was unfortunately at the time Gronk's foot was planted.

Yenrub said:
What is the story with the Patriots running game?

Who is getting the carries? Is one back looking better than the others?
Everyone is getting carries.

Blount and Ridley continuing to be one-dimensional mediocre backs, Vereen looks good when the ball is catchable.

Blount is more effective than Ridley.
Thanks

He didn't mean to injure him. He hit right above the knee. It was unfortunately at the time Gronk's foot was planted.
Looked like a direct shot to the knee to me, and he was diving down when he was hitting - nothing but bad intention there.

I don't think people realize that the game is so fast, a defender isn't going to perfectly measure the time and specific point on someone's body he is going to hit. High/mid/low? Sure. For all we know he was trying to hit him in his hip/thigh. Football players move very fast.

My bet is Gronk blew out his MCL and lateral meniscus... Hope the ACL didn't get cashed too, but I don't he'll be back this year. What a shame.

I don't think people realize that the game is so fast, a defender isn't going to perfectly measure the time and specific point on someone's body he is going to hit. High/mid/low? Sure. For all we know he was trying to hit him in his hip/thigh. Football players move very fast.
no way. he was right next to him and dove down at his knee, he hit him right where he wanted and then clapped his hands all happy with himself.

Simms is correct...it's the new NFL...since the emphasis is on the head/concussion defenders have no choice but to hit like Ward did...since there will be no lawsuits due to knee injuries it's how the game is going to be played...

no way. he was right next to him and dove down at his knee, he hit him right where he wanted and then clapped his hands all happy with himself.
Then he went over to Gronk on the cart to see if he was ok. I take back the "cheap hit" comment. Just bad luck. But I do think that safeties are tackling lower than ever based on the current rules. This was bound to happen to a superstar sooner or later.

Same kind of thing that happened to Randall Cobb earlier this season. This is what happens when defenders are afraid to go high because they might inadvertently hit too high and get flagged. It sucks, but this is what the NFL wants.

Well, of course he was right next to him before the moment of impact, how else could he have hit him? Also, it's difficult for me to believe how you figured out how he hit him exactly where he wanted to hit him and assuming he was happy that he injured Gronk. You are doing a ####load of assuming here.

Then he went over to Gronk on the cart to see if he was ok. I take back the "cheap hit" comment. Just bad luck. But I do think that safeties are tackling lower than ever based on the current rules. This was bound to happen to a superstar sooner or later.
Yep, I agree. I'm glad you are rational about this. It's gonna happen to superstars more often, since it's a league based on offense and many superstars are involved in being tackled by the defense. What's the solution? No good ones.

That injury just completely deflated the Patriots. This team will be easy pickings in the playoffs. What might have been...

Well, of course he was right next to him before the moment of impact, how else could he have hit him? Also, it's difficult for me to believe how you figured out how he hit him exactly where he wanted to hit him and assuming he was happy that he injured Gronk. You are doing a ####load of assuming here.
if leaving your feet and launching yourself with your arms at your side at another players knee isn't a cheap shot, i don't know what is.

if leaving your feet and launching yourself with your arms at your side at another players knee isn't a cheap shot, i don't know what is.
Let's agree to agree.

How many yards for Gordon and how many does he need to set the all-time NFL record for receiving yards in three consecutive games?

He's close or he already has it if I'm not mistaken.

Fourth quarter coming up.

Could see history made.

How many yards for Gordon and how many does he need to set the all-time NFL record for receiving yards in three consecutive games?

He's close or he already has it if I'm not mistaken.

Fourth quarter coming up.

Could see history made.

751 last 4 games...crazy

Cleveland going for that 2 too early is why the game is 19-11 instead of 20-10 (since NE wouldn't have gone for 2 at 20-9).

Same kind of thing that happened to Randall Cobb earlier this season. This is what happens when defenders are afraid to go high because they might inadvertently hit too high and get flagged. It sucks, but this is what the NFL wants.
Have to make a safe hit zone. Above the knees and below the shoulders.

Didn't realize but Gordon already owns the all-time NFL three-game receiving yardage record.

The only record he could go for, AFTER THAT REVERSE, is the all-time total yardage record whatever that is. :o

With a 261-yard performance last week against Jacksonville, Gordon became the first player in NFL history to record consecutive 200-yard games. His 498 yards in the two games is also a league record and his 623 yards over a three-game span is also a league mark.

On Sunday at New England, Gordon can break Cleveland's team record for yards in a season held by Braylon Edwards, who had 1,289 in 2007. Edwards did it in 16 games, while Gordon has racked up 1,249 in just 10 after he was suspended for the first two games this season for violating the league's drug policy.

Jason Campbell on FIRE

Although this Pats secondary is playing terribly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Norv Turner, balz-callz today.

Play-action play-fake that punked the Patriots D.

WIDE OPEN easy TD from QB Jason Cambell, 3 TDs on the day and over 300 yards passing, to Browns TE Jordan Cameron.

Users who are viewing this thread