What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland at Pittsburgh*** (-2.5) O/U 42.5 Big Ben Bowl and perhaps last home game in a Steelers uniform (1 Viewer)

I wonder if Russell Wilson would consider Cleveland as a destination. Good defense. Good running game. They need some WRs but he could get that team deep in the playoffs. 

I wonder if Russell Wilson would consider Cleveland as a destination. Good defense. Good running game. They need some WRs but he could get that team deep in the playoffs. 
Maybe. Miami has a good defense and lots of cap space to sign Wilson, a couple of olinemen, and a WR. Get a RB in the draft.

really going out on a limb there

@JoeBanner13: Mark these words. Both of these teams will have new starting QB’s by the beginning of next season

really going out on a limb there

@JoeBanner13: Mark these words. Both of these teams will have new starting QB’s by the beginning of next season
Sometimes I hate Banner.   Ben's alredy said he's gone, so all he's doing is predicting baker will go?  Seems likely.

We asked 15 respected agents from across the NFL where their clients most often want to go, and where they most often want to avoid. (from 2019)

“I think most players take the most money regardless of location, as they should” said another agent. “But when it’s equal, that’s when this debate gets interesting.”

Without further ado, the Top 5:

1. Dallas, 11 votes
2. Seattle, 8
3. Miami, 8
4. L.A. Rams, 7
5. Atlanta, 5

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

I just got home and saw ben 29 for 83 and Baker 10 for 20. Assumed it was really bad weather. Ben should have retired after last year.
ya he's clearly lost it, but 8.5 wins isn't an atrocious season or anything.  Now seems like a perfect time to retire.

ya he's clearly lost it, but 8.5 wins isn't an atrocious season or anything.  Now seems like a perfect time to retire.

Every indication points to him retiring after the season.  He's been pretty bad for some time now but they also have a bottom 5 offensive line (and that's being generous).  Very few QBs in the league would perform well in front of this line.  Outside of Watt and Minkah, the defense is pretty lousy as well.  Every single team's game plan against the Steelers should be to just run it down their throat.  The run defense is horrific and it also minimizes Watt's ability to impact the game (which he has done quite a few times this year).  It's quite shocking this team is en route to another winning/.500 season.  When I watch the product on the field, I see a team that....well looks like they should be tying the Detroit Lions.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Every indication points to him retiring after the season.  He's been pretty bad for some time now but they also have a bottom 5 offensive line (and that's being generous).  Very few QBs in the league would perform well in front of this line.  Outside of Watt and Minkah, the defense is pretty lousy as well.  Every single team's game plan against the Steelers should be to just run it down their throat.  The run defense is horrific and it also minimizes Watt's ability to impact the game (which he has done quite a few times this year).  It's quite shocking this team is en route to another winning/.500 season.  When I watch the product on the field, I see a team that....well looks like they should be tying the Detroit Lions.  
Ya I just mean it's not TERRIBLE that he came back for this year and didn't retire last year.  But ya, he's obviously gone after this year.

What do you think about the Rodgers to Pitt rumours?  Thoughts?

We asked 15 respected agents from across the NFL where their clients most often want to go, and where they most often want to avoid. (from 2019)

“I think most players take the most money regardless of location, as they should” said another agent. “But when it’s equal, that’s when this debate gets interesting.”

1. Dallas, 11 votes
2. Seattle, 8
3. Miami, 8
4. L.A. Rams, 7
5. Atlanta, 5

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

Who is playing in Oakland anymore? 

Surprised Seattle is on that list. 

1. Dallas, 11 votes
2. Seattle, 8
3. Miami, 8
4. L.A. Rams, 7
5. Atlanta, 5

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6
Since the list was made in 2019, I bet Jacksonville has picked up a lot of the Buffalo votes

1. Dallas, 11 votes
2. Seattle, 8
3. Miami, 8
4. L.A. Rams, 7
5. Atlanta, 5

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6
Two surprises for me. Atlanta being in the top 5 and Oakland being in the bottom 5.

Who is playing in Oakland anymore? 

Surprised Seattle is on that list. 
The list was from early 2019. Going to a no-tax fun city, LV might be more desirable.  Seattle I think was based partly on franchise success, maybe the coach.

Thing can change, but Miami has the most projected 2022 cap space ($74 million) while the Browns are number 13 (~$40 mil).

Ya I just mean it's not TERRIBLE that he came back for this year and didn't retire last year.  But ya, he's obviously gone after this year.

What do you think about the Rodgers to Pitt rumours?  Thoughts?
Did you see Green Bay's protection last night? See Pittsburgh's tonight? I'd be shocked if this were to happen.  Zero upside.

The list was from early 2019. Going to a no-tax fun city, LV might be more desirable.  Seattle I think was based partly on franchise success, maybe the coach.

Thing can change, but Miami has the most projected 2022 cap space ($74 million) while the Browns are number 13 (~$40 mil).
In all seriousness, the list looks like it probably should, with Seattle the surprise. I'm guessing the coach and the system are the reasons for Seattle. Good program, dedicated fans, home field advantage. 

Did you see Green Bay's protection last night? See Pittsburgh's tonight? I'd be shocked if this were to happen.  Zero upside.

Agreed - Rodgers to Pittsburgh doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  The Steelers are in rebuilding mode after this year.  Huge holes to fill up on both sides of the ball.  This will be a down period for the foreseeable future.  Rodgers (and no other QB) isn't fixing that.  I don't want the Steelers to give up the farm to get a QB that will get them to .500 at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben *airmails an open receiver in the flat*
Riddick: “I think he’s just upset he didn’t hand it off”

Agreed - Rodgers to Pittsburgh doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  The Steelers are in rebuilding mode after this year.  Huge holes to fill up on both sides of the ball.  This will be a down period for the foreseeable future.  Rodgers (and no other QB) isn't fixing that.  I don't want the Steelers to give up the farm to get a QB that will get them to .500 at best.
In looking at need and fit (not salary cap), there's only a few places that make sense.  Denver has enough pieces where Rodgers could immediately lift them to prominence. And Baker is proving that Cleveland could use a QB.  Don't really see much else.  Thought Las Vegas for awhile but Carr isn't the problem there.  I'd handicap it 90% Green Bay, 9% Denver, 1% the field.

In looking at need and fit (not salary cap), there's only a few places that make sense.  Denver has enough pieces where Rodgers could immediately lift them to prominence. And Baker is proving that Cleveland could use a QB.  Don't really see much else.  Thought Las Vegas for awhile but Carr isn't the problem there.  I'd handicap it 90% Green Bay, 9% Denver, 1% the field.
Rogers isn't going anywhere...he just wants his ars kissed..

Users who are viewing this thread