What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Comeback Player of the Year (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 86 58.5%
  • Adrian Peterson

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

ActionHero

Footballguy
Still have a lot of weeks left in the season, but both Peyton Manning & Adrian Peterson have performed well above most people's expectations. It will be an interesting race for Comeback Player of the Year -- and both are even strong candidates for MVP as well. If the season ended today, who would get your vote and why?

Manning and Peterson might be the two most deserving candidates ever, but I'll give it to Peyton for this reason:

The biggest question about Peterson was when and if he would ever be great again; the biggest question about Peyton was if he would be ever to play again at all. The fact that he has done so, and picked right back up at an All-Pro level, gives him the nod, IMO.

Manning and Peterson might be the two most deserving candidates ever, but I'll give it to Peyton for this reason: The biggest question about Peterson was when and if he would ever be great again; the biggest question about Peyton was if he would be ever to play again at all. The fact that he has done so, and picked right back up at an All-Pro level, gives him the nod, IMO.
Well put. :goodposting:

I have to go AP here. Less than a year after he totally shredded his knee and he's already back to being the best RB in the world. Incredible.

I have to go AP here. Less than a year after he totally shredded his knee and he's already back to being the best RB in the world. Incredible.
Best QB is a lot more valuable than best RB.Severe neck injury is at least as dangerous as a severe knee injury.Give the award to Peyton.

Guy has to be bad or gone for a while to get coy award. Peterson had 960 yds and 12 tds last year. As long as Peyton keeps playing it is him this year.

I'd put Reggie Wayne on this list also
What's Reggie Wayne coming back from?
Bad QB play? :shrug:Manning is the answer to this poll.
Sure, why not. The comeback player of the year doesn't have to be someone who was hurt. It goes to someone who has overcome adversity. Reggie is like the number 2 receiver in yards I think. Night and day compared to last year. Saying that I would still say A.P. should win it. The man is unreal.

kind of feel like peterson's injury was too recent for him to even qualify. it's impressive as hell, but he only missed like what, 3 games?

weird to penalize him for being a freak of nature, but i think that missing only 3 games should pretty much take him out of the voting.

mvp, however, is a different story.

AP. He looks just as good, if not better, than he did before. The same can't be said for Peyton, who still throws floaters from time to time. Also, I think recovery time should be a factor as well. Peyton had 1 1/2 years to recover. AP suffered a more catastrophic injury (athletic-wise), and came back in what, 8-9 months?

AP. He looks just as good, if not better, than he did before. The same can't be said for Peyton, who still throws floaters from time to time. Also, I think recovery time should be a factor as well. Peyton had 1 1/2 years to recover. AP suffered a more catastrophic injury (athletic-wise), and came back in what, 8-9 months?
I hear you and cant really disagree but Manning is at the top of the board for MVP. Id go with Manning based on what Ghost Rider said but I wouldnt be upset if AD got it.

AP, to come back the way he has cut like nothing ever happened is astonishing..Having his best year and it hasn't even been a full 12 months since he busted his knee.

Peyton's is a good story, but I think Peterson has surprised more people the way he's exploded back to his best so quickly, as above stated, manning had a long time to refresh and get himself right. Then again the flip-side to that argument is he was out of the game for so long and came back just as good...I still give my vote to AP.

Peyton's is a good story, but I think Peterson has surprised more people the way he's exploded back to his best so quickly
Only difference to me is the fact many thought Manning's career was over and he's on the short list for MVP. :shrug:Both deserve the award so it's a toss up to me. Personally feel Manning will win the MVP so AD will get the Comeback award I'd assume.

Manning and Peterson might be the two most deserving candidates ever, but I'll give it to Peyton for this reason: The biggest question about Peterson was when and if he would ever be great again; the biggest question about Peyton was if he would be ever to play again at all. The fact that he has done so, and picked right back up at an All-Pro level, gives him the nod, IMO.
Well put. :goodposting:
I second :goodposting:

Can't see how it could possibly be anyone but Peyton.

He's got it hands down regardless of rest of the year.

-------------

Many were speculating he would Never play again, an to

come back as a top 10 performing QB on a different team

is just amazing, and he's still getting better every week.

The freakin guy could get to the superbowl, THIS YEAR! WOW! :tebow:

Unfortunately, one of these guys is going to get shafted. Either one of these guys would have won it any other time in the past 5-10 years.

I'd offer anyone 20 to 1 odds Manning wins it. MVQ and all. Plus, he's probably the most popular NFL player in history. To return from perhaps never playing again to posting the performances he has put on, there's just no way he loses that. Even if AP runs for 2,000 yards, Manning wins comeback award. I mean, he's in the top 5 discussion for overall MVP right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peyton will get it, and it's well deserved. I've always felt like it needs to be something major for a player to deserve it, and missing a full year because of injury qualifies. Peterson, while impressive, never really missed that much actual football time. Plus, I think most people assumed he'd be back to his old self at some point, while people were completely writing Manning off.

One guy that is deserving but will likely not even be in the discussion is Thomas Davis. He is coming off of his THIRD ACL tear, and has been playing insanely well for the Carolina Panthers. He'll be overlooked because he's on a terrible team and he's a defensive player...but he should definitely be in the discussion.

If AP becomes one of the few RBs to rush for 2000+ yards, there's no way they don't give it to him after that horrific injury.

Do the same people vote for both? If not, I could see AP or Peyton sweeping both. Both are amazing comebacks! Both are MVP worthy.

I don't get the argument against Peterson if his team doesn't make the playoffs. He may rush for 2000 yards. One of the most elusive feats in NFL history. This with a bad QB, no less.

Both guys are deserving!

Davis and DX are doing amazing things too, considering their injury histories.

Users who are viewing this thread