What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (1 Viewer)

The "random gods" have been excellent to me today.

Animal - PJ:  I don't not like Pearl Jam but I not a Stan?  I won't turn it off if it's on.  6.5

In The Evening - Zep:  Yep it's solid Zeppelin.  8

Baby Blue - Badfinger:  Love, love, love.  9.5

The Dark of the Matinee - Franz:  I haven't heard this one in a while, forget FF sometimes.  7.5

The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana:  How the crap does someone make a Bowie song better???  9.5

Burn Down The Mision - Elton:  Great way to end this mix review, I'm not pressing my luck.  8

Checking in for the day.  Made it through five pages of posts.  I probably liked your pick but I stopped hitting the face after a while.

I'm up right?

Dammit...sitting with Dewar's onf the rocks, still with sand on my toes and loving the ever loving hell out of every tune on The Payback that's been on a loop. Even the slow tunes that I often skip on James records...not here. Still in that groove, and just flowing. I will probably get sniped on of those classics I was going to take, but couldn't be any happier with this pick.

And I need some more local punk rock: 

15.The Dickies Stukas Over Disneyland (1979) 

“Rosemary” 

“She’s a Hunchback”

She’s a nice girl and I like her style but she’s a hunchback 

I’m not a pretty guy, got a wooden eye, but she’s a hunchback 

I take her to the football game, she’s my little Notre Dame, I know things won’t be the same without my hunchback 

In my shuffling, was noticing some commonalities in song titles, so thought I would go through and sort a few of them:

ANIMALS

Code:
Animal - PJ
Coyote - Joni
Foxey Lady - Jimi
Will the Wolf Survive? - Los Lobos
Black Dog - LZ
Dogs - Pink Floyd
Sheep - Pink Floyd
War Pigs - Sabbath
Judy and the Dream of Horses = Belle & Sebastian
Dixie Chicken - Little Feat
Rooster - AIC 
Birds of Paradise - Pretenders
Bird on a Wire - Leonard Cohen
Freebird II - ParquetCourts
Snail - Pumpkins
Rock Lobster - B 52s
Turtle all the Way Down - Sturgill
I am the Walrus - Beatles
Elephant - Isbell
The Rat - The Walkmen
Empire Ants - Gorillaz (2-fer!)
Venus in Furs - Velvet Underground
Zombie Zoo - Petty

Last edited by a moderator:
In my shuffling, was noticing some commonalities in song titles, so thought I would go through and sort a few of them:

ANIMALS

Animal - PJ
Coyote - Joni
Foxey Lady - Jimi
Black Dog - LZ
Dogs - Pink Floyd
Sheep - Pink Floyd
War Pigs - Sabbath
Rooster - AIC 
Snail - Pumpkins
Rock Lobster - B 52s
Elephant - Isbell
The Rat - The Walkmen

What song animal would win in a fight?

ANIMALS

Animal - PJ
Coyote - Joni
Foxey Lady - Jimi
Black Dog - LZ
Dogs - Pink Floyd
Sheep - Pink Floyd
War Pigs - Sabbath
Rooster - AIC 
Snail - Pumpkins
Rock Lobster - B 52s
Elephant - Isbell
The Rat - The Walkmen

geezus ...we are a desperate bunch  :lmao:

15.23 - Country Life - Roxy Music  (1974)

Surprised to see this band still untouched while many they influenced are off the board.

It was tough to pick a favorite from their early stuff with Eno to their smooth late period elegance.  I'll pick somewhere in the middle--Country Life is when I got into them and it remains a favorite. 

We've mentioned a lot of underrated guitarists in this thread but here's my vote for Phil Manzanera.

Prairie Rose

Out of the Blue

15.07 Weezer - Blue Album 1994 

Gotta do it

Took this VERY high in the past and I love it.  I kinda overplayed it for years so I was letting it slide. 
Is this the first Weezer?  I was thinking of them last night and surprised they hadn't been taken.

And I just got a notification that I'm up, but I have three pages to catch up on first.  I have my pick but need to speed-read before I post.

zamboni said:
14.38: Valley Girl Soundtrack (1983)

Write-up/songs to follow later on...
Toh-tally a period piece, but the soundtrack - and the movie - still holds up IMO after all these years. Remains a cult favorite among those who grew up then. Many of the artists were flash-in-the-pans favored by stations such as KROQ in LA, but the whole collection just holds together.

A Million Miles Away - The Plimsouls

Johnny, Are You Queer? - Josie Cotton

Eyes Of A Stranger - Payola$

Angst In My Pants - Sparks

Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work

Everywhere At Once - The Plimsouls

I La La La Love You - Pat Travers' Black Pearl

He Could Be the One - Josie Cotton

Love My Way - Psychedelic Furs

Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime) - The Flirts

Fanatic - Felony

She Talks In Stereo - Gary Myrick & The Figures

Oldest Story In The World - The Plimsouls

School's In - Josie Cotton

I Melt With You - Modern English

15.23 - Country Life - Roxy Music  (1974)

Surprised to see this band still untouched while many they influenced are off the board.

It was tough to pick a favorite from their early stuff with Eno to their smooth late period elegance.  I'll pick somewhere in the middle--Country Life is when I got into them and it remains a favorite. 

We've mentioned a lot of underrated guitarists in this thread but here's my vote for Phil Manzanera.

Prairie Rose

Out of the Blue
Well, ####. I thought a different album would go off the board first for these guys and I could swoop in and draft this. I have this album but my cover is missing the boobies on the front, it's all pretty leaves. 

My wife and I saw these guys at a small club called Tramps in NYC around 93/94 or so... infectious energy and a terrific live show, will want to take this on the Island with me for memories of that great evening.  500 miles is an all time fave song...

Rd 15- The Proclaimers - Sunshine on Leith - 1988

• I'm gonna be (500 miles)
  • Then I met you
I saw them in Boston in 1989, and I was so disappointed when they became known only for the Shrek(?) tune later.  Like you said, incredible live duo.  So many amazing songs.  Great, great band.

Toh-tally a period piece, but the soundtrack - and the movie - still holds up IMO after all these years. Remains a cult favorite among those who grew up then. Many of the artists were flash-in-the-pans favored by stations such as KROQ in LA, but the whole collection just holds together.

A Million Miles Away - The Plimsouls

Johnny, Are You Queer? - Josie Cotton

Eyes Of A Stranger - Payola$

Angst In My Pants - Sparks

Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work

Everywhere At Once - The Plimsouls

I La La La Love You - Pat Travers' Black Pearl

He Could Be the One - Josie Cotton

Love My Way - Psychedelic Furs

Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime) - The Flirts

Fanatic - Felony

She Talks In Stereo - Gary Myrick & The Figures

Oldest Story In The World - The Plimsouls

School's In - Josie Cotton

I Melt With You - Modern English
You left off Girls Like Me by Bonnie Hayes and the Wild Combo

Well, ####. I thought a different album would go off the board first for these guys and I could swoop in and draft this. I have this album but my cover is missing the boobies on the front, it's all pretty leaves. 
I'm trying to avoid artists already taken.  We'll see how long that lasts.
Yeah, I still didn't think this would be the top Roxy Music album, even though it absolutely is mine. 

Users who are viewing this thread