What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Music Draft-Albums-Artist Alphabet Island- ****Make ALL owed picks soon or we will pick for you**** (2 Viewers)

Counting Crows in my head. Now officially Limp Ditka's fault for keeping on mentioning them. 

Thanks, LD. 

Mr. Jones and me...

I can probably remember/fudge up a lot of the rules.  At the end of it all you make a setlist and put on a show.. then there's votes to ultimately determine a winner
Sounds interesting. You draft bands then create a setlist?  Pretty cool.  

wikkid's mix (would someone spotify it for me cuz i'm not on that):

Woodstock: With a Little Help From Me Friends

Yes: Seen All Good People

Foo Fighters: MIA

Paul Anka: Smells Like Teen Spirit

XTC: The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul

Zawinul & Webster: Soulmates

Coltran & Ellington: In a Sentimental Mood

Stevie Wonder: Too Shy to Say

Sondheim: Pretty Women

It's a Beautiful Day: White Bird

Little Feat: Dixie Chicken

Quintette du Hot Club de Paris: Minor Swing

tUnEyArDs: Powa

O Brother Where Art Thou: Go to Sleep Little Baby

Laura Nyro: You Don't Love Me When I Cry

Terence Trent D'Arby: Wishing Well

Hendrix: Foxy Lady

Prince: 1999

King Crimson: 21st Century Schizoid Man

Radiohead: Paranoid Android

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Inner Mounting Flame

U2: Gloria

Jethro Tull: Nothing Is Easy

Peter Gabriel: Humdrum

Bill Evans: Never Let Me Go

Bach: Art of the Fugue

Last edited by a moderator:
I can probably remember/fudge up a lot of the rules.  At the end of it all you make a setlist and put on a show.. then there's votes to ultimately determine a winner
If you do a Google site search for "Rock Band Draft IV", the results include the rules and some of the judging but not the draft thread

Still think Tasker may have won by taking Talib. Just listening now. Now totally amped for, oh, nothing. 

Other than Spoon tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
fwiw- this draft has completely gummed up my spotify algorithm. ####### Paul McCartney is in my Discover Weekly, along with #### that doesn't need discovering like the Clash, the Cure and Neutral Milk Hotel.

I liked this album draft.  I had to think a lot more about the lesser-known songs.  I listened to a lot of stuff I hadn't really thought about in a while.

Northern Voice said:
I think I prefer song drafts. Easier to listen to every single pick and find new favourites.
Mixtape Dominoes

Everybody nominates one song to act as a Spinner.  All drafters can choose any one of the Spinner song (excluding their own nomination) to anchor their mixtape.  To increase scarcity, we could reduce the number of possible spinners. 

The premise is you build a mixtape around the Spinner using any type of musical connection to link adjacent songs (common musicians or theme, similar sound or tempo, covers, etc.).   The Spinner doesn't have to be the start or end of the mix but like in Dominoes, each song in the mix has to somehow relate to the song preceding and following it.   I think the mixes should be relatively short or else the commonality would be watered down too much.

Or we could just forget about the whole thing.

Mixtape Dominoes

Everybody nominates one song to act as a Spinner.  All drafters can choose any one of the Spinner song (excluding their own nomination) to anchor their mixtape.  To increase scarcity, we could reduce the number of possible spinners. 

The premise is you build a mixtape around the Spinner using any type of musical connection to link adjacent songs (common musicians or theme, similar sound or tempo, covers, etc.).   The Spinner doesn't have to be the start or end of the mix but like in Dominoes, each song in the mix has to somehow relate to the song preceding and following it.   I think the mixes should be relatively short or else the commonality would be watered down too much.

Or we could just forget about the whole thing.
Liked for the concept, not the forget about the whole thing part.

I was just coming in to start up the long title song draft for something easy and not too thought provoking.  I will start a thread, if people aren't interested and would prefer a Zilla's or Eephus' idea that's cool too.  I would need someone to do spreadsheet, as I and very computer dumb. 

I was just coming in to start up the long title song draft for something easy and not too thought provoking.  I will start a thread, if people aren't interested and would prefer a Zilla's or Eephus' idea that's cool too.  I would need someone to do spreadsheet, as I and very computer dumb. 
Up for long song draft, I'm usually around a lot more on Thursdays and Fridays then I am early in the week, so if there's heavy lifting to be done on those days I can help out.

Users who are viewing this thread