What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Song Draft - Alphabet thievery afoot - Thievery abounds, XTC and Queen popular. Starting Round 25. Chaos coming (3 Viewers)

This looked like an interesting concept. I really like the Desert Island theme and the Alphabet and thievery twists.
This time of year is just way too busy for me to participate.
I think I have only done one music draft (as a fill-in at that). So, I might have just looked a fool.
Never.
If im running a music draft, and im sure i speak for Krista or anyone running a music draft, we encourage all types of participants.
Chart music, avante garde, the pitchfork indie crowd, 18th century bavarian nose flute hits, scandanavian death metal.....whatever.

Because a lot us have been doing these drafts, for in some cases 20+ years :bag: , a fresh participant is fantastic.

Lupe should've been more popular than he was, too.

I think he got bad rap and bad press for flirting with 9/11 Trutherism. Food and Liquor was awesome, but it seemed like he was never able to recover from that bad press. At least that's how I remember it. "Just Might Be OK" is one of the finer rap songs I've ever heard.

I'm cool, I don't foretell best
I ain't nicest MC, I ain't Cornel West
I am Cornel Westside, Chi-town Guevara
Malcolm eXorcise the demons, gangsta leaning
He traded in his kufi for a New Era
Chose a 44 over a mortarboard
I ain't a credited institute graduate, I ain't from Nazareth

My conception wasn't immaculate, I ain't master no calculus
A good addition to the rap audience

This looked like an interesting concept. I really like the Desert Island theme and the Alphabet and thievery twists.
I think I have only done one music draft (as a fill-in at that). So, I might have just looked a fool.

You were absolutely fine. You know quite a bit about music. The more I do these, the more I realize how little I know and how big my gaps in knowledge are, so if I keep plugging, no reason for you not to join.

Never.
If im running a music draft, and im sure i speak for Krista or anyone running a music draft, we encourage all types of participants.
Chart music, avante garde, the pitchfork indie crowd, 18th century bavarian nose flute hits, scandanavian death metal.....whatever.

Because a lot us have been doing these drafts, for in some cases 20+ years :bag: , a fresh participant is fantastic.
Thanks. In the draft I did as a replacement drafter, everybody seemed OK having me around. I got some very nice PMs from people.
Maybe once everyone is done drafting and stealing I will post my 26 picks (I won't have any steals of course).Is that alright?

You were absolutely fine. You know quite a bit about music. The more I do these, the more I realize how little I know and how big my gaps in knowledge are, so if I keep plugging, no reason for you not to join.
Thanks rock. As always, I appreciate you.

Never.

Thanks. In the draft I did as a replacement drafter, everybody seemed OK having me around. I got some very nice PMs from people.
Maybe once everyone is done drafting and stealing I will post my 26 picks (I won't have any steals of course).Is that alright?
Of course. We will have a round 27 where we steal from each other, but only a track from a drafted artist. For those who have 26 picks

If you enjoy music, do these drafts. They are great fun and you ALWAYS hear new music you like.
Now if you excuse me, im about to turn heel

We will have a round 27 where we steal from each other, but only a track from a drafted artist. For those who have 26 picks

:shrug:
Make 26 picks using each letter of the alphabet.
If you do that you get a 27th pick.
Use that 27th pick on any drafted artist you like, but you cannot use the same song already drafted
Eg if you make 26 picks, you can pick The Beatles Norgwegian Wood, or XTC Dear Gid or Queen Killer Queen etc.

Not compulsory to make a 27th pick, but its a reward for getting through all 26 rounds.

Never.

You are THE BEST.

RD 25: "S" Squeeze - Is That Love

oh boy ...love these guys so much and jumped over what - to me - is most certainly in my all-time top 5 of songs ...but I have picked it so many times

I also jumped over the classic "Tempted", but it doesn't really represent the group as a whole - it's quite a bit different than the rest of their catalog

Love the pick and song. “Tempted” is one of my all-time favorite songs, but love you went in this direction instead.

Never.

You are THE BEST.
Not for long lol.
I’m about to turn heel

Now for my second steal.
Not happy about losing Archduke Franz Ferdinand or Queen for that matter, but i can find suitable replacements at each letter
The problem is, and always has been X.

Yes Google can help me and there are many an asian artist from China or South Korea where X is a much more functional letter, but **** that. I only have 2 X artists in my collection. XTC and The XX.

Now poor ilov80s, the first pick is a poisoned chalice. Not only am i stealing the very first draft pick, you get to watch as everyone else locks their draft in the 26th round. Once a 26th round pick is made, ALL their artists are locked in.

If there is any good news, im giving you your only chance to steal now by stealing your first pick.
I would feel slightly worse curb stomping a puppy, but not much

Replacing Franz Fedinand with the XX and changing the song
The XX - Crystalised

Just for the sake of moving on as I’m not sure if steal backs are allowed or if JML has been stolen from 1x or 2x, I’ll take an Aussie right from under his nose

X REPLACEMENT: Sweat by RY X

I think this should be ok for X. His real name is Ry Cumming but he’s adopted the stage name RY X. So should fall under the Elton John, Kendrick Lamar category?

Just for the sake of moving on as I’m not sure if steal backs are allowed or if JML has been stolen from 1x or 2x, I’ll take an Aussie right from under his nose

X REPLACEMENT: Sweat by RY X

I think this should be ok for X. His real name is Ry Cumming but he’s adopted the stage name RY X. So should fall under the Elton John, Kendrick Lamar category?
Sounds good.

Round 25(T): The Tubes - “Prime Time”

Used: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, X, Y, Z

You can skip me if we’re doing 26 rounds. Won’t be around much this weekend.

Zam - while I LOVE the pick (this is one of my most favorite albums ever) - I picked The Tubes with "White Punks On Dope" a pick or two ago.

ETA: rd 23, page 31
Ah - missed it. Change then to Tesla - “Paradise”

Zam - while I LOVE the pick (this is one of my most favorite albums ever) - I picked The Tubes with "White Punks On Dope" a pick or two ago.

I still play that record on the semi reg. Love Song is still my fav.

I still play that record on the semi reg. Love Song is still my fav.
Yeah - Love Song is a strong tune. The live Five Man Acoustical version is even better IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread