What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Detroit at Dallas (1 Viewer)

There are small-town sheriffs in Texas watching this game and thinking, "Whoa there, refs, you're being a little unfair to these out-of-towners."

Well, either way this might be the last series for Dak and Dez, with Elliott already semi-benched.

ETA: Yep. Game. Hi Orlovsky and Romo. See you next week. Go Giants. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They win when the D bends but doesn't break and with just enough from Stafford. 

Can't stop the Cowboys though, and get the Packers, so... yeah.
Doesn't help when they're getting personal fouls for tackling the rb. 

Second-worst call of the year? (only outdone by the Glasgow hands to the face)

Did they get rid of the "confirmed" review ruling? I'm pretty sure I've only heard "stands" this season. I don't think I've heard a ref "confirm" the ruling on the field.

Somewhere there's a dude with zeke and David Johnson in his dynasty league and he's thinking "what am I going to do with this annual annuity every year for the next 4-5 years?"

I'm down by 0.4 points. I need a Golden Tate reception for the championship. 
Wow  congrats.

No reason to do anything but take a knee...yet Stafford to Tate just happened with a minute left down by 21 points.

Dez owners have been frustrated this year but if you made it this far, you guys deserved this game from him!
Yeah, traded Crabtree for him when he was out hurt and was a bad move for the most part. Paid off big tonight. Doesn't hurt when he gets a passing TD. FF good fortune. 

Jim Caldwell for Coach of the Year!

I've suffered a lot of bad beats over the past five years. It's nice to be on the other side for a change. 

Jim Caldwell for Coach of the Year!

I've suffered a lot of bad beats over the past five years. It's nice to be on the other side for a change. 
I once lost a championship because my QB lost three yards kneeling down at the end of a win.  Take it however you can get it.

My favorite parts had to be zekes longest td of the year, Dez to witten, and Chris Jones laying the boom on the punt returner. 

There was a bad call but that didn't change the outcome of the game. 

In reality this team should have been 5-9 and not 9-5 in terms of talent. 
Pretty deep DL, good talent.

LBs were exposed at times but schematic changes helped (still a WTF on that Zeke 55 yarder - you could see presnsp exactly what was about to go down, & Dre jumps out of the gap away from the flow.) 

DBs were solid until Quandre got hurt, Slay was the final nail - you can't win games with PS talent covering a pro bowl WR.

OL was better than expected for the most part, Decker & Graham are solid, Swanson gets healthy they're good there, Warford is a road grader (though whatever the cap hit is to cut Tomlinson, should do it - he's turrible), Reif is servicable. Keep building it, keep adding pieces.

HBs - good when healthy (first 2 games.)

WRs/TEs - Marvin fell off badly, Tate is a effective gadget playmaker, Ebron...ugh...let's see if he takes another incremental step forward. Boldin has been great but need another WR3 next year probably. Considering who they lost, about as expected.

QB - the litmus test is six days away. Either beat the best QB / best team when it matters most or you're just a prettier Jay Cutler. Been good for most of the last season and a half, not as good the last three weeks. Who are the playmakers on this team? Tate and...and....and...exactly.

Ks/STs - overall very good.

Need more playmakers & upgrades in at least four areas (in order: LB, OL, DB, WR) but if you compare to other teams, mediocre talent is the norm. I'm feeling good about Wuinn going forward. I've actually come to respect JC. He's a good organizer, has made some good hires. Although he's ultimately responsible for everything, he's done a good job of staying out of the way and letting JBC and Austin's Wayne game. Clock management improved this year. 

People love to rip Caldwell, he's seemingly an easy target & doesn't waste a lot of calories being egotistical. He doesn't care what you or anyone else thinks, he's just not built that way.

SCOREBOARD: Over his first three years, Caldwell has more wins than any Lions coach except Buddy Parker. That's 87 years. More wins than any Lions coach in the Super Bowl era over 3 years (27-20.) I get people are frustrated we can't get to the next level, but "Fire Caldwell" doesn't accomplish much at this point.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS: beat GB at home. That's the simplest & truest measure of success for Caldwell & Stafford. 

Users who are viewing this thread