What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dmitri Nance, new GB RB (ex-ATL) (1 Viewer)

Mark Wimer

I searched the Pool and found just a few passing references to this kid. He was reported to be an "extreme health hazard" in one thread. I noticed that he only started 18 games in his college career, and found this stuff on his ASU bio:

He totaled 1,934 rushing yards on 482 carries (4.0 avg.) and 19 touchdowns, and became a bigger factor in the passing game over the course of his career. He finished with 63 career receptions for 463 yards (7.3 avg.) and one touchdown receiving.
Anybody have more information on this player - is he likely to stick on the Falcon's 53 man roster? They are thin behind Turner/Norwood with just Snelling at RB right now (and now Nance).

Last edited by a moderator:
YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

2006 56 229 4.1 17 3 2 16 8.0 10 0 0 0

2007 133 500 3.8 57 7 13 120 9.2 32 0 0 0

2008 105 410 3.9 18 3 20 111 5.6 12 0 0 0

2009 188 795 4.2 35 6 28 216 7.7 23 1 0 0

I don't like his chances. Haven't seen much of anything on the kid but the Falcons cut former 6th round pick Thomas Brown last year and rolled with 4 active backs to start the year (Turner, Norwood, Snelling and Mughelli). It was only after injuries that ATL started making moves (signing Stecker etc.).

I don't see who he bumps to get a roster spot.

I haven't watched much ASU, but I researched their backfield at one point last season for college fantasy, and I mostly found complaints about him getting most of the carries.

I haven't watched much ASU, but I researched their backfield at one point last season for college fantasy, and I mostly found complaints about him getting most of the carries.
ASU fan here: Nance had a nice game here and there, he got a ton of playing time and caries, but never did anyone think we had a special player on our hands. He was spectacularly average, bordering on disappointing if you consider the ballyhoo that accompanied him to Tempe. Glad he's in the NFL since it felt like he was the ASU RB for about the last 10 years.

If they keep a 4th RB, it would likely be Antone Smith IMO who will eventually take Norwood's role. Nance will be lucky to make the practice squad ahead of Smith.

ASU fan here: Nance had a nice game here and there, he got a ton of playing time and caries, but never did anyone think we had a special player on our hands. He was spectacularly average, bordering on disappointing if you consider the ballyhoo that accompanied him to Tempe. Glad he's in the NFL since it felt like he was the ASU RB for about the last 10 years.
Thanks azgroover and all y'all - I'm looking for some deep sleeper types to roll the dice on in a couple of dynasty drafts - doesn't sound like this guy qualifies. MW

I searched the Pool and found just a few passing references to this kid. He was reported to be an "extreme health hazard" in one thread. I noticed that he only started 18 games in his college career, and found this stuff on his ASU bio:

He totaled 1,934 rushing yards on 482 carries (4.0 avg.) and 19 touchdowns, and became a bigger factor in the passing game over the course of his career. He finished with 63 career receptions for 463 yards (7.3 avg.) and one touchdown receiving.
Anybody have more information on this player - is he likely to stick on the Falcon's 53 man roster? They are thin behind Turner/Norwood with just Snelling at RB right now (and now Nance).
Practice squad. Ovie Mughelli can carry the ball as well if need be.

I just picked up Nance in a few deep dynasty leagues. Anyone else picking him up. I figure he is worth the roll of the dice. He is one of only two Texas 5A high school players to rush for more than 3,000 yards in a single season, Cedric Benson is the other.

One to watch if only for the possibility of opportunities. Wasn't Grant an unknown from the Giants when T. Thompson traded for him? B. Jackson never was a pillar of health and the only other back right now is Kuhn, a FB. If you have the roster spot available, especially in dynasty, he's worth a stash.

Nice run followed by a highlight package at the 3:15 mark here:

I'm encouraged by his quick feet, vision, hands, and ball-handling awareness. He may not be special, but he seems to have enough technique to get a chance at some point.

I was really intrigued with the way the plucked him off another team's practice squad so quickly after Grant's bad news.

One to watch if only for the possibility of opportunities. Wasn't Grant an unknown from the Giants when T. Thompson traded for him? B. Jackson never was a pillar of health and the only other back right now is Kuhn, a FB. If you have the roster spot available, especially in dynasty, he's worth a stash.
I wish they'd try Quinn Johnson there instead, a bast and pretty good pass receiver.

I just picked up Nance in a few deep dynasty leagues. Anyone else picking him up. I figure he is worth the roll of the dice. He is one of only two Texas 5A high school players to rush for more than 3,000 yards in a single season, Cedric Benson is the other.
I grabbed him too. Everybody is assuming it's gonna be Kuhn "when" Jackson goes down (once again). This guy seems to have just as much of a chance as Kuhn (the fullback) or Starks who's on the PUP list as it is and hasn't really seen much action in well over a year!

It sounded like Nance would be inactive earlier in the week, but he's active today, fyi:

Sept. 19, 2010 10:42 a.m. |(4) Comments

Green Bay - We'll have inactives and lineup changes as soon as we get them.

Former defensive coordinator Bob Sanders, now the Bills' outside linebackers coach, was on the field earlier talking with Brady Poppinga and special teams coordinator Bob Sanders.

Here are the Packers' inactives:

* DE Mike Neal, FB Korey Hall, CB Brandon Underwood, LB Desmond Bishop, G Nick McDonald, T/G T.J. Lang, G/T Marshall Newhouse, TE Andrew Quarless.

* Quinn Johnson starts for Hall.

* This means newly signed RB Dimitri Nance is active.

Bills inactives: QB Brian Brohm (3rd QB), FS Cary Harris, LB Paul Posluszny, LB Antonio Coleman, G Kraig Urbik, T Ed Wang, DE Alex Carrington, DE John McCargo. Keith Ellison starts for Posluszny at WLB.

Referee is Ron Winter.

I just picked him up to and dropped Green-Ellis. Jackson is prone to injury and Nance will be the next in line not Kuhn.

I'm in for a spin.

Like some others mentioned, Nance's story sounds an awful lot like Grant's.

Undrafted out of college, traded for off of the ATL practice squad by Ted Thompson. Only Competition is Brandon Jackson & John Kuhn, Grant's was Brandon Jackson & DeShawn Wynn. Stalky build, good between the tackles runner - 5'11 218, Ryan Grant is 6'1 220.

Only difference I see is that Nance looks like Buckwheat, Grant doesn't.

Not a whole lot of info on him, but could a nice roll of the dice for 14-16 team leagues if you have room.

:lmao:

Packers notes: RB Nance eager to prove worth in Green Bay

Nance said Falcons coach Mike Smith called him and offered to put him on the team’s 53-man roster in order to keep him in Atlanta. But Nance compared depth charts and thought he had a better opportunity to see the field with the Packers.

...Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Nance is “actually someone that we were looking at through training camp” and that he was impressive in his first practice.

“Very explosive, instinctive, definitely has a very strong, quick lower half,” McCarthy said of Nance, who played at Arizona State. “Everything we saw on film was validated today. He is a young player and I think he will be a good fit for us.”

Dimitri Nance-RB-Packers Sep. 24 - 9:27 am et

Packers coaches are increasing the playbook for RB Dimitri Nance, but he's still swimming a bit while picking up the offense.

Mastering the terminology change and "also to be able to play the speed of a blitz drill, he's going through an adjustment right now," explained coach Mike McCarthy. Nance is doing well enough that he's seeing increased work in practice drills. After rushing twice for six yards against the Bills last week, Nance could see his role increase.

Rotoworld

Updated to reflect he's now a Packer...

I do hold him on one taxi squad (keeper league)... I'm hoping he is seriously in the mix for GB this week. It'll make me look like a fine evaluator of rookie talent. LOL :D

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

Seems like this is a full-fledged RBBC - the opportunity could actually be there for Nance.

http://host.madison.com/sports/football/pr...1cc4c002e0.html

"I think we'd all like to see someone get real smokin' hot back there, and maybe get (the ball) more than the other guys," Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "But I think that's kind of to be determined. We're still working through it."
I'm going to grab him and stash away.

Users who are viewing this thread