What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DONE DEAL: Randy Moss to Vikings trade (1 Viewer)

FWIW I already have been offered Gore in a package deal for Moss. His value is already pretty high. It's over in AC if anyone wants the particulars.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5655198

Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.

The locker-room exchange, described as an "outburst" by one player, came two days before the Patriots traded Moss to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2011 third-round draft choice, and could have contributed to the team's decision to make the deal.
Not surprised. Moss is known for pouting when his team doesn't get him involved in the game early. To that end, I don't understand why he is sometimes ignored for entire halves, like the other night. No, a team's job is not to keep Randy Moss and no one else happy, but keeping your best player, who is a diva, happy and involved gives you a better chance at winning, so I always find it baffling when Moss is ignored for long stretches in games. I don't know the exact numbers, but you almost never see Moss do nothing in the first half and then explode for a big second half. His big games are usually ones where he was involved a lot from the start.

Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.

The locker-room exchange, described as an "outburst" by one player, came two days before the Patriots traded Moss to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2011 third-round draft choice, and could have contributed to the team's decision to make the deal.
Not surprised. Moss is known for pouting when his team doesn't get him involved in the game early. To that end, I don't understand why he is sometimes ignored for entire halves, like the other night. No, a team's job is not to keep Randy Moss and no one else happy, but keeping your best player, who is a diva, happy and involved gives you a better chance at winning, so I always find it baffling when Moss is ignored for long stretches in games. I don't know the exact numbers, but you almost never see Moss do nothing in the first half and then explode for a big second half. His big games are usually ones where he was involved a lot from the start.
I'm inclined to agree with you. But the Patriots were forcing the ball to Moss in the first two games without much success also. This is the problem with prima donna WRs. If they're not productive, it leads to complete chaos.All of that said, this is still a TERRIBLE trade for the Patriots on-field, as I've said from the very beginning of the thread.

For Moss owners - Revis is back at practice today for the Jets.
Like I said, Favre is not afraid of INTs. Revvis will need to play the game of his life to keep Randy down this week. Yet another reason to trade him before this week's game. Revvis probably will manage to hold him under 75 yards which will seriously dampen his value.
I don't understand this. He has played Moss well over the past two years, why would he need to have the game of his life? He just needs to be healthy, IMO.
Revis will be fine. The Vikings OL won't be able to handle the Jets pass rush anyhow. That and I'd like to see how the Vikings secondary is going to cover Holmes, Edwards, and Keller.

This won't be an issue in Minn with #4 running the show.

Apologies if someone already mentioned this, haven't read through all 760 posts in here.Moss has already played 4 games. The Vikings already had their bye so have 13 games left. Which means if he doesn't miss any games as a Viking, Moss will play in 17 regular season games this year instead of the normal 16. Anyone know if that would be a record? I suppose it could have happened before in the same fashion, but haven't ever heard of it before.
Since 1930:1993 Chris Singleton1995 Dexter Carter2004 Micah Ross2004 Jerry Rice2009 Will Witherspoon
Awesome, thanks!

Now I know that this Randy isn't the same one that played for us before, but this team just made another HUGE step towards owning the NFC North for years to come. God I love this team.
With Brett Favre and Randy Moss you expect to own the NFC North for years to come? How many years do you think each has left?
Brett is gone for sure after this year and Randy(in my opinion) has about three seasons left. In my haste to go clean my underoos and in my teenage girl like glee I didn't submit a very concise post. The Vikings have to make the most out of this year if they want to stay in MN. Forget the CBA. This team is only signed to play in the "Dome through this season and I've gotta tell you that the lack of push out of the fan base after watching this anemic team was palpable. This is exactly the boost that we've needed to push this team over the top. I can't think of a single rational person that cheers for another team in the Norris that went, "Whew! Thank God they Got 84 back, now we got their number for sure."This is just another move in a long line of moves that proves to me that we have the best ownership group in Vikings history.

For the Vikings what's the worst that could happen? We are forced to cut B-Twice at the end of the season!? Yes, please!

Moss and Rice split wide, Harvin in the slot, Shiancoe down the middle, and All Day in the backfield. What free agent QB wouldn't want to play on this team!? Who cares about loosing The Silver Fox and T-Jack after this season?

I'm so sick of all the talk about this team having only this year and then all of a sudden we're going to fall off the map and not be competitive. We still have quite a few outstanding players on this team that are just getting going. With the moves we constantly make and the terrible moves or lack of moves other teams make then I just can't help but be optimistic.

Now I know that this Randy isn't the same one that played for us before, but this team just made another HUGE step towards owning the NFC North for years to come. God I love this team.
With Brett Favre and Randy Moss you expect to own the NFC North for years to come? How many years do you think each has left?
Brett is gone for sure after this year and Randy(in my opinion) has about three seasons left. In my haste to go clean my underoos and in my teenage girl like glee I didn't submit a very concise post. The Vikings have to make the most out of this year if they want to stay in MN. Forget the CBA. This team is only signed to play in the "Dome through this season and I've gotta tell you that the lack of push out of the fan base after watching this anemic team was palpable. This is exactly the boost that we've needed to push this team over the top. I can't think of a single rational person that cheers for another team in the Norris that went, "Whew! Thank God they Got 84 back, now we got their number for sure."This is just another move in a long line of moves that proves to me that we have the best ownership group in Vikings history.

For the Vikings what's the worst that could happen? We are forced to cut B-Twice at the end of the season!? Yes, please!

Moss and Rice split wide, Harvin in the slot, Shiancoe down the middle, and All Day in the backfield. What free agent QB wouldn't want to play on this team!? Who cares about loosing The Silver Fox and T-Jack after this season?

I'm so sick of all the talk about this team having only this year and then all of a sudden we're going to fall off the map and not be competitive. We still have quite a few outstanding players on this team that are just getting going. With the moves we constantly make and the terrible moves or lack of moves other teams make then I just can't help but be optimistic.
I really think McNabb will be going to Minny in the offseason.

Through next season (if there is one)"The Vikings' current lease with the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission (MSFC), as signed by both parties in August 1979, keeps them in the Metrodome until 2011.[2] The lease is considered one of the least lucrative among NFL teams, it includes provisions where the commission owns the stadium, and the Vikings are locked into paying rent until the end of the 2011 season."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

For the Vikings what's the worst that could happen?
Your team kicking off its 2012 home opener in the LA Coliseum.
Ugh.. way to harsh my mellow. I think this move makes that even less likely to happen. I just don't see it being more of a contributing factor then the current legislative climate is.We all know that the odds over the Vikings playing in the 'Dome after next year are slim to none, but my hope is this move will see us playing in The Bank while doing a bit of construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the biggest issues here is how long Moss is going to be happy without a new deal. If he gets seriously hurt in any of these games without it, he's screwed.

Through next season (if there is one)"The Vikings' current lease with the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission (MSFC), as signed by both parties in August 1979, keeps them in the Metrodome until 2011.[2] The lease is considered one of the least lucrative among NFL teams, it includes provisions where the commission owns the stadium, and the Vikings are locked into paying rent until the end of the 2011 season."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium
For sure you are correct sir. It's one of those things I don't focus on because it just sucks so freeking much.

Ugh.. way to harsh my mellow. I think this move makes that even less likely to happen. I just don't see it being more of a contributing factor then the current legislative climate is.We all know that the odds over the Vikings playing in the 'Dome after next year are slim to none, but my hope is this move will see us playing in The Bank while doing a bit of construction.
So the legislature and voters are going to pony up money because you traded for a WR who won't be around much longer and is only signed through this year right now?I said the same thing last year when it was Favre.Not sure I see it going through based on 2 short term football solutions.Perhaps if they win it all and it really energizes the base a bit more...

Ugh.. way to harsh my mellow. I think this move makes that even less likely to happen. I just don't see it being more of a contributing factor then the current legislative climate is.

We all know that the odds over the Vikings playing in the 'Dome after next year are slim to none, but my hope is this move will see us playing in The Bank while doing a bit of construction.
So the legislature and voters are going to pony up money because you traded for a WR who won't be around much longer and is only signed through this year right now?I said the same thing last year when it was Favre.

Not sure I see it going through based on 2 short term football solutions.

Perhaps if they win it all and it really energizes the base a bit more...
I think that's what he's counting on, a more energized fan base after a contender like season..

Ugh.. way to harsh my mellow. I think this move makes that even less likely to happen. I just don't see it being more of a contributing factor then the current legislative climate is.

We all know that the odds over the Vikings playing in the 'Dome after next year are slim to none, but my hope is this move will see us playing in The Bank while doing a bit of construction.
So the legislature and voters are going to pony up money because you traded for a WR who won't be around much longer and is only signed through this year right now?I said the same thing last year when it was Favre.

Not sure I see it going through based on 2 short term football solutions.

Perhaps if they win it all and it really energizes the base a bit more...
I think that's what he's counting on, a more energized fan base after a contender like season..
IMO it will take more than another contender like season knowing Favre and Pat Williams are gone...Hutch getting older and so on.

NOTE: Before a few jump on me here...I don't want them moving. As a Packer fan having the Vikings close and in the division is a good thing. Just the reality that is the economy and how some of these governments tend to work these days as far as giving money to sports teams.

so FBG has just moved Moss from WR14 or so yesterday straight up to WR1....really? Do you guys think he is that good? i do think Favre will force the ball to him.

So the legislature and voters are going to pony up money because you traded for a WR who won't be around much longer and is only signed through this year right now?I said the same thing last year when it was Favre.Not sure I see it going through based on 2 short term football solutions.Perhaps if they win it all and it really energizes the base a bit more...
Last year we had a brown stain of a Governor that said he would veto any plan for a publicly funded stadium, however their was still a lot of push that would wait for a new guy running the state. After our offense fell off the map I really haven't heard all that much of an uproar for a bill. My feeling is that this will rejuvenate the fan base to push their representatives to get a bill done that all three candidates said they will sign. I guess so far I see a lot more, "straight cash homey" out of Randy and what he does for others around him then some people on these boards. Off topic: I hear ya Wood. It's soooo hard to get quality Twins tickets at a decent price. I do like the fact that Target Field is like a major party even with standing room only tickets, but for a long time if I couldn't get cheap tickets online then I could head down to the dome and wait for the first inning to be in the books and get behind the plate tickets off a scalper for 1/2 price or cheaper. We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score! We're gonna wins Twins, watch that baseball soar! Knock out a home-run, shout a hip-hooray! Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

Over/Under on Favre throwing his first pick trying to force it into Moss:

2.5 quarters

I'll take the under.

Over/Under on Favre throwing his first pick trying to force it into Moss:21/2 quartersI'll take the under.
Wow, 10.5 quarters or rather 2.5+ games before Favre throws his first pick trying to go to Moss? I will take the under as well as Moss sometimes has alligator arms.

IMO it will take more than another contender like season knowing Favre and Pat Williams are gone...Hutch getting older and so on.
So we loose two Pro Bowlers and we still have how many? IMO this team needs to find some answers for it's O-line after this year and i feel replacing Matador McKinney will solve a lot of those problems. We still have the best RB in the NFL(those that disagree still will say he's top 2-3), Kevin Williams, Percy Havin, Jared Allen, Sidney Rice, Visanthe Shiancoe, Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson, ect ect ect. I love the moves that this team makes to shore up holes. I've always felt that the Packers are a move or two away from a SB and Palpatine will never make the move.

so FBG has just moved Moss from WR14 or so yesterday straight up to WR1....really? Do you guys think he is that good? i do think Favre will force the ball to him.
So before the trade Moss was at 14? Pretty impressive considering he was on a bye.

The majority of Sporting fans are just casual fans, they don't think that far into the future, and MANY of them couldn't recognize the starters names on the roster, much less what each players contract looks like... The majority of sports fans believe what they see on sports center, hear from their friends, and hear announced during the games... If Minny starts scoring and winning like is very possible will happen, there will be plenty to talk and plenty of team friendly fans..

No way I'd put him at #1. I'd still take Roddy White over him if the draft were today.I'd put Moss around #5 maybe.

So before the trade Moss was at 14? Pretty impressive considering he was on a bye.
And he's up against Revis this week. LOL. Irrational as hell.Some people live in the past a bit too much. Favre to Moss all day long would have been great 2 years ago. Now Favre looks old and Moss looks slower. This has just as big a chance to completely blow up as it does to succeed.Since Moss was slowly being phased out in NE it certainly helps his value for this year but to expect monster numbers now is offbase IMO.

And he's up against Revis this week. LOL. Irrational as hell.Some people live in the past a bit too much. Favre to Moss all day long would have been great 2 years ago. Now Favre looks old and Moss looks slower. This has just as big a chance to completely blow up as it does to succeed.Since Moss was slowly being phased out in NE it certainly helps his value for this year but to expect monster numbers now is offbase IMO.
Is Revis 100%? Can he stop him? He didnt do it last time they met.

Watch Monday Night. :rolleyes: My money is on Revis getting the upper hand if he is healthy.

So we loose two Pro Bowlers and we still have how many? IMO this team needs to find some answers for it's O-line after this year and i feel replacing Matador McKinney will solve a lot of those problems. We still have the best RB in the NFL(those that disagree still will say he's top 2-3), Kevin Williams, Percy Havin, Jared Allen, Sidney Rice, Visanthe Shiancoe, Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson, ect ect ect. I love the moves that this team makes to shore up holes. I've always felt that the Packers are a move or two away from a SB and Palpatine will never make the move.
Those are pretty major pro bowlers.Obviously, if they find a replacement at QB and LT...it will help. That is easier said than done.I agree on Peterson.But do many people get that excited about Allen, Greenway, Henderson, Williams as far as selling tickets?Palpatine is shrewd for sure...and as much of a believer in some of his ways I have been, his lack of moves the last 2 years once they got other pieces in place is astounding.Im not asking for all pros at every position....but something...a vet CB, S, RB now....something.If only we could have 2 GMs....let him do the draft...let the other guy scour trades/free agents.I think he tries at times (Moss, Lynch, Gonzo)...but seems reluctant to really pull the trigger and go for the throat.

The majority of Sporting fans are just casual fans, they don't think that far into the future, and MANY of them couldn't recognize the starters names on the roster, much less what each players contract looks like... The majority of sports fans believe what they see on sports center, hear from their friends, and hear announced during the games... If Minny starts scoring and winning like is very possible will happen, there will be plenty to talk and plenty of team friendly fans..
Thats fine to get them to talk.To get them to part with money and be all for spending state $$$ on stadiums is another thing.

Thats fine to get them to talk.To get them to part with money and be all for spending state $$$ on stadiums is another thing.
I personally think what happens with the labor troubles next year will have a bigger impact that the on field results this year, unless they win the Superbowl. I personally think a Superbowl victory this year (as long of a shot as that is) guarantees a new stadium, but anything less than that, no matter how spectacular or exciting (ie, a Superbowl loss) would be wiped out of the 2011 season is not played. Without a Superbowl victory, a stadium bill doesn't get passed in the 2011 session, and if the 2011 season gets wiped out, it won't happen in 2012 and the Vikes could be history (unless the Wilfs stick it out like the Twins did, which I don't see without some serious guarantees).

David Yudkin said:
Pats now have two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths for next year.
they will need themfor as shrewd as they are in acquiring extra picks

they sure blow an awful lot of them on non-productive players
And this is different from every other team how exactly?Every pick is a crap shoot. They increase their odds for payoff with every new one they get.

Am I the only one who thinks this could hurt Moss? What happens when Favre sucks/continues to suck this year? What happens if the ankle snaps, or another injury, and Tarvaris is QB? Moss could take a hit like Fitz...except his attitude might destroy him instead oh just going from a WR1 to a WR2...

Am I the only one who thinks this could hurt Moss? What happens when Favre sucks/continues to suck this year? What happens if the ankle snaps, or another injury, and Tarvaris is QB? Moss could take a hit like Fitz...except his attitude might destroy him instead oh just going from a WR1 to a WR2...
Moss makes QBs, not the other way around.

Saying things like this - while true - isn't going to help him either:
Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has an opinion on Randy Moss and it hasn’t changed with Moss changing teams. Revis, who expected to see Moss Monday night in their game against the Vikings, had some choice words for his future opponent.“In the second half (in Week 2), you could tell (Moss) was putting his foot on the brake,” Revis told Jets reporters, including the Record’s J.P. Pelzman. “Everybody knows that’s Randy. Sometimes he plays 100 percent, sometimes he doesn’t. You can tell. …. You saw it that game.”

Cromartie shut Moss down 1-on-1 during the Jets game. I think with his size he's just a better match up against Moss.

If Moss ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Well we just finished building a new stadiums for the Twins and Gophers. Try buy a Twins ticket from the Twins(NOT), you pay double the face value on the street. The success of the Twins and Gophers (not sucess of gopher football team, but new stadium) will make it easy for the Vikings to get a new stadium. Once Dayton gets in as gov (he spends money like a 16 year old girl at a new shopping mall) it be a done deal. Once we have the dem's in power, and they get er done, mark it down.

Users who are viewing this thread