What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Rodgers for Randy Moss (1 Viewer)

Tony Reali

Footballguy
http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/aaron-rodgers-for-randy-moss.html

ProFootballTalk.com is reporting of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Apparently trade talks between the Raiders and Packers for Moss are back on again. This rumor has the Raiders asking for a first rounder for Moss and the Packers countering with Aaron Rodgers.
Also possibly the funniest comment you will ever read on a message board ever again
To all Raider fans : WE DON'T NEED AARON ROGERS! We need a future franchise quaterback like J. Russel that can throw the ball 80+ yards.Whats the big difference in Andrew Walters and Aaron Rogers..Not much.Aaron Rogers has the potential to be good but not great. Calvin Johnson is a stud and hard to pass up but he's not what the Raiders need. Also,Isn't it stupid if the Raiders passed on Leinhart and Cutler last year because they didn't fit the Raiders offense... and then end up with Aaron Rogers ??? that makes no sense at all for the Raider Nation.
Oh mah gawd

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this comment underneath.....

Anonymous said...

To all Raider fans : WE DON'T NEED AARON ROGERS! We need a future franchise quaterback like J. Russel that can throw the ball 80+ yards.Whats the big difference in Andrew Walters and Aaron Rogers..Not much.Aaron Rogers has the potential to be good but not great. Calvin Johnson is a stud and hard to pass up but he's not what the Raiders need. Also,Isn't it stupid if the Raiders passed on Leinhart and Cutler last year because they didn't fit the Raiders offense... and then end up with Aaron Rogers ??? that makes no sense at all for the Raider Nation.

March 15, 2007 3:45:00 PM EST

This is my favorite:

"Anonymous said... Wow! A lot of you people talk about Rodgers like he's the second coming of Favre! Got news for you people, he's a QB with a weak arm, he's not mobile, trust me I've seen the guy play, and he's an injury liability to boot! If Oakland is dumb enough to make this trade I thank them, and so does Donald Driver, who won't be doubled anymore".

Thanks for making me go look to see who the Vikings drafted instead of Rodgers. Ugh! I still remember watching that draft and "knowing" that the Pack was going to take him.

Is it wrong to pray that Rodgers falls into a cycle of drugs, drinking, and skipping practice? At least then he would fall to average. ;)

I don't know what's more horrifying - that the Packers almost traded Aaron Rodgers away or that Oakland scoffed that hard at the offer.

It's fun to make fun of the few idiots there, but probably 90% of the comments were saying the trade would be lopsided in the Raider's favor.

Fresno State Trent Dilfer 6th overall 1994, Tampa Bay Buccaneers David Carr 1st overall 2002, Houston Texans Oregon Akili Smith 3rd overall 1999, Cincinnati Bengals Joey Harrington 3rd overall 2002, Detroit Lions California Kyle Boller 19th overall 2003, Baltimore Ravens Aaron Rodgers 24th overall 2005, Green Bay Packers
There's a reason Rodgers fell to 24th - until him every Tedford QB was a bust. I even remember disagreeing with Rodgers' top 12 ranking in 2008.

Also, that trade was not as laughable as it sounds today. The Packers went 13-3 in 2007 and lost to the Giants in OT at Lambeau while Moss caught 23 TD's. The Packers likely would have faced a Moss-less Patriots team in the SB.

Users who are viewing this thread