What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dontrelle Inman | San Diego Wide Receiver (2 Viewers)

Hmmm.  Maybe more appealing in Dynasty leagues as a guy that can develop with trubisky.  But I’d be shocked if he accomplished much this season just coming to the team and with the bears not letting trubisky throw much.  

rickyg said:
Hmmm.  Maybe more appealing in Dynasty leagues as a guy that can develop with trubisky.  But I’d be shocked if he accomplished much this season just coming to the team and with the bears not letting trubisky throw much.  
If he has a Deonte-Thompson-like first week with his new team, that would be great.  Not asking for more than that...

This guy had every chance in the world over multiple years to cement a meaningful spot with a prolific passer, and instead worked himself into being completely expendable.  Now he’s going to a passing offense about 2 gears lower in caliber and could very well draw CB1s in coverage - if he can manage to work himself into starting spot.

No thanks.

If Jermaine Kearse can walk onto the Jets and put up WR2/3 numbers, Inman can do it on the Bears.

Last edited by a moderator:
flapgreen said:
Starting with confidence 
You haven't any confidence in the Bear's offense all season, how did it all of a sudden change?

I like the addition of Inman but I do not trust the play calling yet.  Inman can't have a that good of a game if the Bears aren't throwing the ball.  Not only that, Fox hasn't even said if he's going to play him this week.  He originally said he wanted to wait till after the bye week in order to get him more familiar.

You haven't any confidence in the Bear's offense all season, how did it all of a sudden change?

I like the addition of Inman but I do not trust the play calling yet.  Inman can't have a that good of a game if the Bears aren't throwing the ball.  Not only that, Fox hasn't even said if he's going to play him this week.  He originally said he wanted to wait till after the bye week in order to get him more familiar.
If Deonte Thompson can walk on and put up 4/107, Inman can be at least a flex. I definitely agree on the Fox part and people will need to monitor the Inactives this weekend, but a main reason they got him over another WR is he is a good blocker. He's probably going to be out there on the field, and no way with that sched can they maintain a huge running script... I mean they CAN if they want to lose by 5 TDs each game. Their D isn't good enough for that.

I look at the future Bears games more like the MIN game, where Trubisky came on in relief and passed it 25 times. Bears cannot hide Trub forever, and if he develops a connection with anyone why not the vet WR with good size/speed?

Best player available in my league. All of my guys are on a bye or hurt.  It's between, Inman, Crowder and Griffin. 

This guy couldn't make an impact with Rivers throwing him the ball. What are the odds he makes one on on a run-first offense with a rookie QB and coached by Mr Conservative?  I'll believe it when I see it. 

This guy couldn't make an impact with Rivers throwing him the ball. What are the odds he makes one on on a run-first offense with a rookie QB and coached by Mr Conservative?  I'll believe it when I see it. 
That is just not true.....Whenever he played, he played well. I watched every single game he's been in. He has really good hands too. Heck Tyrell Williams is a beast and take away one long pass and he's had an absolute crappy season and is not involved.

He made an impact when he got opportunities 

That is just not true.....Whenever he played, he played well. I watched every single game he's been in. He has really good hands too. Heck Tyrell Williams is a beast and take away one long pass and he's had an absolute crappy season and is not involved.

He made an impact when he got opportunities 
I stand corrected. He had better numbers last year than I remembered. My bad. :)

I am still taking a wait and see approach with any WR in that offense this year, regardless.  

WR Dontrelle Inman, Chicago - doug orth

Less than 24 hours before this article will hit the internet, Inman was not even remotely on the fantasy radar or even a candidate to be included in this piece. Considering the fact he ended up with a team coming off a game in which it attempted seven passes, his fantasy stock may not be improving all that much. With that said, the 6-3, 205-pound Inman gives the Bears' receiving corps some much-needed size, and he has proven to be productive when given the opportunity. It should go without saying Inman isn't a player most owners need to concern themselves with this season, if only because it is always a lot to ask for a player to learn enough of a playbook (much less build chemistry with the starting quarterback) following a midseason trade. However, it could be argued Inman goes from being the fifth-best receiver with the Los Angeles Chargers to the top receiver in Chicago. That alone makes him at least worth some consideration in the deepest of leagues.

(USA Today Fantasy Sports) Chicago Bears WR Dontrelle Inman (non-injury) fully participated in practice Friday, Oct. 27, and is not on the injury report for Week 8.

For those that watched, did he look good? They play the Lions this week and will most likely need to throw again. Maybe he's a decent flex down the stretch? 

Welp - looks like I read this situation incorrectly.  I thought for sure McBride was going to emerge here, despite the trade for Inman.  Figured Inman would take the blocking job Gentry had.

Now it looks like he's Chicago's number 1 WR ... what's that worth?  My guess, in most weeks, is 8-10 targets, or potentially more.  And we know targets are the lifeblood of a WR, so10+ targets a week is likely going to result in WR2/Flex numbers at least (especially in PPR). 

However, we know John Fox.  We know he hates fantasy players ... he hates QBs.  He hates throwing the ball.  Unless he's forced to do so ... 

Week 11 - vs. Detroit
Week 12 - @ Philly
Week 13 - vs. San Francisco
Week 14 - @ Cincinnati
Week 15 - @ Detroit
Week 16 - vs. Cleveland

The only games I can see Chicago so handily controlling that they need not throw are San Francisco, maybe @ Cincinnati, and vs. Cleveland ... though Jimmy G could have San Francisco pretty plucky by then, the Bengals can always pop up on someone, and Cleveland may be completely different by week 16 with Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman back.

So ... Inman's probably worth a roster spot to see where this goes the rest of the year.  Wouldn't bet much for dynasty value, but he might be useful down the stretch.

For those that watched, did he look good? They play the Lions this week and will most likely need to throw again. Maybe he's a decent flex down the stretch? 
He looked like the Bear's only competent and reliable WR.  We ran good routes, got open and made some good catches.  He did miss one important pass that should've been caught but an otherwise solid game. 

He's the Bear's WR1.

Like I said earlier, Week 13 and Week 16 are the only games you figure Bears can stay run-heavy. Inman is a 6'3 rangy receiver and a good bet to become Trubisky's fave one. 

Officially active this week. Trubisky loves him and targets the heck out of him

anyone taking a chance on him? 

Dontrelle Inman caught 4-of-4 targets for 53 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Wild Card win over the Texans.

Inman has now scored in three-straight games, locking down No. 2 duties for Andrew Luck. Inman was routinely schemed wide open against the Texans. That could remain a Divisional Round theme vs. the Chiefs.

Jan 5 - 8:32 PM

He's making the most of a good opportunity. Great QB on a team with weak WR2 and beyond options and the clear cut #1 WR ailing a little.  He's also arguably more familiar with the system than other WR on the team due to having spent a few years with Reich in SD. He's also a 30 year old journeyman and I don't play in a league deep enough I'd roster him when offseason cuts are due.

he is old, he sucks and cant seam to stay on a team for more that a year.

ind will address wr2 during the offseason.

what is your take smarty pants?
I meant; why is he on your radar at all.

I am not sure if he qualifies as old but, and physically he looks the part but for me he has been so very inconsistent that I see zero value in even considering him as anything short of an "In Case of Emergency Break Glass" player.  He has a very nice three game stretch in Indy going right now but how many dogs did owners have to sit through leading up to this and how many owners captured any actual value from it?

If he stays with the Colts next year I can see us talking about how he is the "sleeper" or "under the radar" or "sneaky play" or some such player to keep an eye on but I just can't buy into that at this point.

Then again Frank Reich was his OC for his first two seasons in San Diego and Luck is amazing so... :wub: ???

Patriots signed WR Dontrelle Inman, formerly of the Colts, to a one-year contract.

The Patriots struck out in their free-agent pursuits of Golden Tate and Adam Humphries, but they've done well to add receiving depth in recent weeks by signing Demaryius Thomas and now Inman while using a first-round pick on Arizona State standout N'Keal Harry. With Josh Gordon suspended and Thomas still recovering from a torn Achilles, Inman will be in the running for No. 3 duties in Foxboro along with deep threat Phillip Dorsett.

RELATED: 

Indianapolis Colts

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 10, 2019, 1:47 PM ET

Free agent WR Dontrelle Inman will visit the Lions.

Cut by Bill Belichick on Sunday, Inman will now pay a call to BB's latest successor. The owner of one career 500-plus yard season, 30-year-old Inman would be wideout depth for a team that doesn't have much of it beyond its top three.

RELATED: 

Detroit Lions

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 19, 2019, 2:13 PM ET

I assumed this was coming when he asked to be released. Makes too much sense. Good signing for the Lions if they get him. I've always been impressed with him. 
Probably puts Brandon Powell on the bubble, Duhart was probably already headed to the PS. They def need the depth.

Good catch radius, good hands. I remember him being quite productive back when Keenan Allen missing games was a thing. Probably not a ton of upside at this stage but good to know you’ve got another capable backup if anyone misses time.

Could be a nice play this week in deeper leagues...Mike Williams out and Benjamin not expected to play.
Yep. Been reading about this. Tempted to do it, but don't really want to burn a roster spot on it. I'm feeling passive this week. Good and sedentary. 

He should see a ton of snaps. I may pick him up and play him if McLaurin can't go. It would be between Inman and Preston Williams. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread