What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty start-up mock draft (2 Viewers)

With pick 2 I take MJD. Debated b/w him and ADP. Went against the traditional rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has checked in and picked their spots other than two guys. If i dont hear back from those two within the hour i will replace them. We already have obne guy ready to take a spot. So there might be one more spot available if anyone wants it.

1.03 Adrian Peterson

Pretty easy pick at this point. Had this been PPR, it would have been a tougher decision between he and Rice, or even a WR. I would have taken Peterson as high as #2 and possibly at #1 in non PPR.

Should we be PMing the guys behind us?

1.03 Adrian PetersonPretty easy pick at this point. Had this been PPR, it would have been a tougher decision between he and Rice, or even a WR. I would have taken Peterson as high as #2 and possibly at #1 in non PPR.Should we be PMing the guys behind us?
I have been PM'ing guys, but maybe after the first round or so, we will have the poster with the last pick PM the owner with the next pick.Right now, i am still waiting to hear from the last two guys. If i dont soon, i will replace them.

Im going to give Gandalas one of the two spots from the two guys i am still waiting to hear from. He will get spot 6, and the first of the other two guys to get back to me will get the 8 spot.

I will be leaving in about 20 minutes and be gone for an hour. The draft can continue, and i will straighten everything out when i get back.

ETA, i PM'd Instintive, so he should pick soon, hopefully. It looks like Jdawg is around, and i have Gandalas pick if he isnt around to make it. If i dont hear from one of the other two owners by the time they are up, i will get a replacement for the 8 spot.

I knoow Instintive is taking a QB, i just dont know which one. That doesnt do much for us as far as moving the draft along, i just thought i would remind everyone. I guess if Jdawgs pick isnt a QB, he can make his 1.5 selction.

I want to remind everyone if you are not going to be around for a while, please PM or email me a short list of players you want to help keep the draft moving, thanks.

Chrisryan1973@hotmail.com

I am leaving for an hour. I will be back by 7/7:30 latest.

Still need a guy for the #8 spot. Hopefully we hear from one of the other two owners by the time the pick is up.

Maybe we should just draft on MFL? We could draft there and never pay for the league, if we don't want to take it beyond the draft. Might make this easier to keep up with.

Maybe we should just draft on MFL? We could draft there and never pay for the league, if we don't want to take it beyond the draft. Might make this easier to keep up with.
I wouldnt have a problem with this. Lets see how things go for the next few picks. If it looks like it will be better/easier on MFL, i will set it up.

I noticed Jdawg and catbird(those are funny names when you put them together) :goodposting: are on. I already have a list from Gandalas. Since you two and him are the next 3 picks after instinctive. If you guys are not going to be around tonight/tomorrow morning, maybe you can PM me a 2 or 3 player list of who you want. Just to help get this thing moving.

I noticed Jdawg and catbird(those are funny names when you put them together) :goodposting: are on. I already have a list from Gandalas. Since you two and him are the next 3 picks after instinctive. If you guys are not going to be around tonight/tomorrow morning, maybe you can PM me a 2 or 3 player list of who you want. Just to help get this thing moving.
I am a teacher on summer vacation, so I can take a list at anytime really.That would be another plus for MFL, as owners could easily predraft if they are a few picks away.

I noticed Jdawg and catbird(those are funny names when you put them together) ;) are on. I already have a list from Gandalas. Since you two and him are the next 3 picks after instinctive. If you guys are not going to be around tonight/tomorrow morning, maybe you can PM me a 2 or 3 player list of who you want. Just to help get this thing moving.
I am a teacher on summer vacation, so I can take a list at anytime really.That would be another plus for MFL, as owners could easily predraft if they are a few picks away.
Whether its me or Jeter, sending lists will help keep the draft moving. I would prefer to keep the draft on here, but if we cant get this draft going a bit faster by tomorrow night, we might have to switch to MFL.

I'll be around here for a few more hours tonight, if my pick isn't up by then then I'll send a list to somebody and will check back in the morning before I go to work and submit another list if it's not my pick yet.

I'll be around here for a few more hours tonight, if my pick isn't up by then then I'll send a list to somebody and will check back in the morning before I go to work and submit another list if it's not my pick yet.
Thats fine JDawg, you should be fine as long as you will be checking in in the morning.

I'll be around until the draft shuts down for tonight. If Instinctive doesn't pick, it'll be 1:05 Eastern when his 8 hours runs. If JDawg picks or someone is up to pick for him, I'll be close by. If not, I'll leave a list before I go to bed and check back in the am.

I'll be around until the draft shuts down for tonight. If Instinctive doesn't pick, it'll be 1:05 Eastern when his 8 hours runs. If JDawg picks or someone is up to pick for him, I'll be close by. If not, I'll leave a list before I go to bed and check back in the am.
Perfect, thanks Catbird.

1.04 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB

We are trying to prove a point after all, no?

(P.S. thanks for your patience, I was in a car for 14 hours today getting to Colorado for vacation. We arrive...no cell cervice, but there's internet. weird.)

1.04 Aaron Rodgers, QB GBWe are trying to prove a point after all, no?(P.S. thanks for your patience, I was in a car for 14 hours today getting to Colorado for vacation. We arrive...no cell cervice, but there's internet. weird.)
No problem, i was 99% sure Rodgers was your guy, so worse case scenario i would have picked him for you.Is your wife going to be mad that you are spending your vacation drafting? :tinfoilhat:

1.05 RB Ray Rice.

BPA. I would have taken Rodgers if available at this spot but with him off the board I couldn't ignore Rice to reach for another QB.

Calvin Johnson WR DET

With the 4 RBs gone along with the top QB and WR (the reason I didn't want to pick here) I am the first who has to pick a player with blemishes. Better embracing as yet unrealized potential than creeping age, time shares or resting my hopes on Matt Lienart's future ...

I guess whichever of Ramos and Stinkin Ref shows up first gets to play pick next ...

Calvin Johnson WR DETWith the 4 RBs gone along with the top QB and WR (the reason I didn't want to pick here) I am the first who has to pick a player with blemishes. Better embracing as yet unrealized potential than creeping age, time shares or resting my hopes on Matt Lienart's future ...I guess whichever of Ramos and Stinkin Ref shows up first gets to play pick next ...
Or if someone else wants the team they can have the spot.

With nobody taking control of this team or confirming their participation, I suggest we bump their draft spot down to the 12th slot and continue with the draft so we can keep going and not be stalled while we look for a replacement.

With nobody taking control of this team or confirming their participation, I suggest we bump their draft spot down to the 12th slot and continue with the draft so we can keep going and not be stalled while we look for a replacement.
Or we could just give him a player. An obvious one seems to be sticking out. I dont want pick for him though, as it could conflict with my pick two spots from now.

We could always make the pick based off of standardized list and choose the next highest ranked player. But then we would need to agree on which list to use if we decide to go that route.

We could always make the pick based off of standardized list and choose the next highest ranked player. But then we would need to agree on which list to use if we decide to go that route.
FBG sounds the the right way to go.

FBG sounds the the right way to go.
Or MFL ADP
For the good of the draft, we will use MFL ADP for pick 8. If someone wants to take over for the spot, they can do so at any time. For now, we will just use MFL for the current pick.1.08 Frank Gore He was the highest remaining player on the MFL ADP data. http://football12.myfantasyleague.com/2010/adp?L=21223

like i said, we will use this until we get someone to take the #8 pick.

1.09 ookook selects Deangelo Williams, Rb, Car(via ookook sent list)

1.10 Go Deep selects Jonathan Stewart, Rb, Car. ( i was between 3 players here, but had to go with my heart instead of my brain on this one. JStew is one of the 3-4 most talented RB in the league, and would be an easy top 5 dynasty pick with Williams out of the picture.)

Ruffody05 up for a pair at the turn. Looks like we will be continuing tomorrow morning. I have a couple things to do in the morning, but should be back by 10-11 AM and will be around for the rest of the day.

1.06 Gandalas selects Andre Johnson, WR, Hou (via draft list)

Catbird on the clock
Delayed Write-up:With the top-4 RBs all gone, had to jump at the WR1. Andre is only 28 (29 next month), so he should have 4-5 good years at least left, which you cannot say about Gore, who was the next RB off the board.

I was rather stuck as far as QB at this pick - Rodgers was already gone, and I just feel that the end of the round is more appropriate for the rest of the top tier.

As I figure it, the timer on pick 12 is up at 1:41PM today. Of course, he also has pick 13, so I guess he technically has until 9:41PM tonight to make his 2 picks.

Oh god I hope it does not take that long. :hot:

I agree. Not being here in the evening, then not being here in the morning either, and not having left any list ... seems a little neglectful for someone so gung ho yesterday. But I will hope with Gandalas that our 12-man shows up long before burning his full 16.

1.12 - Peyton Manning, QB3, IND (7)

2.01 - Steven Jackson, RB8, STL (9)

I grabbed Manning in the 1st just to help test whatever theories might be in play here. It wouldn't have mattered to me which player went first though. Manning has quite a few more years of high end production left in the tank and I have absolutely no worries about taking him in a start-up dynasty.

Jackson was a no-brainer for me. He's only 27 years old and St. Louis is going to continue to use him. I'll get fine production out of him. If he gets the opportunity to land somewhere else at some point down the line, he could rejuvenate and lengthen his career.

PM's out to the next 2 drafters......

2.02 Michael Turner , RB, ATL

Was tempted to go Fitz here but the huge dropoff at RB between now and my next pick and the fact that this league is non-ppr swayed me. IMO Turner is clearly the best RB left at this point and I expect him to have a huge season. I'm not worried about curses and all the rest, the guy can play.

Will PM next drafter.

3 Qbs in the first. Not the ones I thought but I think that was the number I had when I mocked out the first two rounds. Kinda surprising youth isn't more emphasized but you certainly can't argue with the production of Brees or Manning.

You guys waited until 1:30 am eastern to get a run of picks going.......sorry, I'm in bed at that time. I don't make people wait unless I'm sleeping or have an emergency. I also will use the PM function quite a bit if I know I'll not be around a computer for a while. Ask jeter23, I'm probably one of the most considerate drafters around. Also, being on the turn with 2 picks does not mean that I get 16 hours to make my picks.......as posted in the rules in the OP, the turn picks get only 8 hours......plus the clock was turned off for a few hours overnight, so I was nowhere near timing out. I also always send PM's to the next 2 drafters after me....always.....so even if I don't say it in my post, that's what I did.

That being said, I will most likely be away this weekend (Fri nite, Sat, Sun) with no internet access, so I'll leave an extensive list with Go deep or jeter23 (or both) just to make sure you guys won't be waiting on me.

This should be a fine draft as most (if not all) of you seem to be a good bunch of guys. The reason I got involved was because I enjoy drafting/mock drafting with new folks and I currently do not have a dynasty league to participate in. If this league lasts a few years I'll be very, very happy.

Good luck to all....

Rody

3 Qbs in the first. Not the ones I thought but I think that was the number I had when I mocked out the first two rounds. Kinda surprising youth isn't more emphasized but you certainly can't argue with the production of Brees or Manning.
I did it as part of the experiment. I don't know that I'd actually do this in a 12 team dynasty startup. I took Rodgers in the first recently but that was a 16 team league and so QB's are far more valuable. Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

You guys waited until 1:30 am eastern to get a run of picks going.......sorry, I'm in bed at that time. I don't make people wait unless I'm sleeping or have an emergency. I also will use the PM function quite a bit if I know I'll not be around a computer for a while. Ask jeter23, I'm probably one of the most considerate drafters around. Also, being on the turn with 2 picks does not mean that I get 16 hours to make my picks.......as posted in the rules in the OP, the turn picks get only 8 hours......plus the clock was turned off for a few hours overnight, so I was nowhere near timing out. I also always send PM's to the next 2 drafters after me....always.....so even if I don't say it in my post, that's what I did.That being said, I will most likely be away this weekend (Fri nite, Sat, Sun) with no internet access, so I'll leave an extensive list with Go deep or jeter23 (or both) just to make sure you guys won't be waiting on me.This should be a fine draft as most (if not all) of you seem to be a good bunch of guys. The reason I got involved was because I enjoy drafting/mock drafting with new folks and I currently do not have a dynasty league to participate in. If this league lasts a few years I'll be very, very happy.Good luck to all....Rody
:blackdot: Yeah, we have nothing to worry about here. I would love to see this turn into a "real" league.

I'm outta here for a while guys, going to work. I've PM'd a list to both Go Deep and Jeter so you won't be waiting on me. Hope to see a bunch of picks made by the time I get home. Have a good one everybody!

So the latest is that this is going to be a real league? If so can we ditch the D position and have a separate IDP draft? IDP is the only way to really play FF. Team D is sooooo 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread