What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

I have the potential opportunity to move DeVonta Smith for Pitts.

Gosh, I know how the season started, but you have to do that on future trade value alone, don't you? I'd do that before the other guy came to his senses. Smash it.
I'm selling the Slim Reaper for Pitts all day in Dynasty. Some day, Mariota will not be his QB and we will look back on this trade and laugh our way to championships.
I would too. All day. Great buy-low.

Smith has some great ceiling games. He also has a lot of meh games. At some point, Pitts will be paired with a capable passer and then it's to the moon, as the annoying crypto bros say.

Breece Halls value is sky high, is it a chance to sell super high? Was offered Kamara and a 1st (likely early - mid) but don’t think it’s near enough to sell this guy.
No.

It's time to appreciate that a quality pick was made. In my opinion easily the most valuable player in the 2022 draft FF-wise. Hall is becoming what dynasty managers wanted when they drafted him. You hold and enjoy the profits in the box score. He's young, clearly a talent, and should provide fantastic return on the field for a good long while on an up & coming team.

Hold hold hold hold hold.

I'm totally biased, but Hall is in the Devy 1.04 at least, if you're talking future picks. Bijan, TreVeyon, Jahmyr might have an argument before Hall, but I'm not seeing any of them as being better. It's awfully hard to give up on somebody who has just begun scoring like Hall and that tested like he did. He's no fluke, and he's rare. He's as generational as Barkley was without the hype. He might be better all-around, especially gaining yardage in between the tackles. We will see. The other guys I admittedly haven't seen enough of, but you'd better get one of them plus something if you're going to move Hall right now.

I really haven't seen enough of the younger guys to take my word as gospel, but that's consensus opinion, really. I can't fathom Breece even falling past 1.03 even if everyone is buying into rookie hype this year. He'd be a steal at 1.03, actually. For a second-round guy to turn heads at camp, play for the Jets, win that starting gig for the most part, and then go for nearly 100/100 behind that offensive line? Sheesh.

The only thing about Hall is that he plays for the Jets and who knows what their line brings. That's the only mark against him.

AJ Brown vs DK Metcalf

Have the opportunity to trade for one of them ..
#1: Which do you prefer
#2: How much do you give up for your favorite? (I have Dionte Johnson, Hollywood Brown, Devonta Smith, 2 low 1st Round and 1 high 2nd Round Rookie Pick in 2023 to use in the package)

I just haven't seen any trades for either. They worth a WR and 1 Pick, WR and 2 #1 ... just not sure.
I go AJ Brown quite easily
To go from Metcalf to AJ Brown I would give up a late first, but I would try to throw in a second if I could instead.

I traded Zeke for the 2.01 last year and am not looking back. He's done nothing to warrant anything but that. He's RB36 for goodness's sake. He's behind two guys on your bench.

I know he gets volume, and volume is king, but at some point...
I was going to say similar…if you’re Win Now, I don’t think trading FOR Zeke is actually adding anything to your team.

i also solid him off in the off-season and somehow received a 2023 1st for him (he made ME the offer) and I broke a finger clicking accept ;)

AJ Brown vs DK Metcalf

#2: How much do you give up for your favorite? (I have Dionte Johnson, Hollywood Brown, Devonta Smith, 2 low 1st Round and 1 high 2nd Round Rookie Pick in 2023 to use in the package)

I just haven't seen any trades for either. They worth a WR and 1 Pick, WR and 2 #1 ... just not sure.
To go from Metcalf to AJ Brown I would give up a late first, but I would try to throw in a second if I could instead.
Is Devonta Smith, 1 late 1st and early 2nd too much for Brown .. don't want 2 Eagles WR?

I would make that trade for AJ Brown. I am lower on Smith though, so take my opinion with that knowledge. Smith could easily be just as valuable as Brown this season or next though if he keep developing.

I would make that trade for AJ Brown. I am lower on Smith though, so take my opinion with that knowledge. Smith could easily be just as valuable as Brown this season or next though if he keep developing.
For value sake, he wants either:

a. Smith and 2 late #1s (14 team league- both picks should be 10-14)
b. Smith, Dionte and 1-#1

I also have Higgins, but he has Burrow and Mixon so doesn't want another Bengal player.

AJ Brown vs DK Metcalf

Is Devonta Smith, 1 late 1st and early 2nd too much for Brown .. don't want 2 Eagles WR?
I have to admit, that seemed steep at first blush, but I think it's fine to pay that if that's what it takes. Obviously, it goes without saying that there could be a pretty big difference between the 1.8 and the 1.11 once August comes around. However, I think you correctly identified your WR that I'm probably less bullish about. There's definitely some ceiling with Smith. There's some ceiling with AJB for many of the same reasons, but there's no question who's at the top of that pecking order. If this is the best deal to get a stud WR1, I see no problem with it.

I also have Higgins, but he has Burrow and Mixon so doesn't want another Bengal player.
I don't think I would trade Smith and 2 1sts for AJ Brown
I would not trade smith, diontae, and a 1

IMO, AJ Brown is not worth that. At all. He's worth a first plus one. Not plus two.

2 late 1sts + Smith? That's probably not an unreasonable ask from their standpoint, but I wouldn't call this trade any bargain at that point. If you really want him, it's probably fine, depending somewhat on the value of 1sts within your league.

I've held AJB since his rookie year. I have to admit, his dynasty value feels a bit high to me. Not to a point that I view his as a must sell, but to a point where his current value would probably feel justified if he gets through this season completely healthy. It looks like Hurts will graduate this season with the arm concerns completely behind him. Personally, I would consider sweetening the offer he's asking for and checking in on the Justin Jefferson owner just to make sure there isn't a deal that could be had there.

Also it should be stated, I don't think AJB is the kind of stud WR that isn't going to lose a beat at age 30. That's true of any WR, but I think it might be especially true of AJB, if that makes any sense.

Personally, I'm also holding a late projected 1st and an early projected '23 2nd. I'm also struggling with how much I should value that. At one point the '23 class was advertised an RB bonanza, but I'm not sure how much trickle down there's really going to be. The two most prized WRs entering the season have been underwhelming. I'm not sure how Mayer projects as a TE prospect if he even gets to me. In a superflex it might be a pretty good spot, but in 1QB I'm not sure that I'm truly going to be overwhelmed by the options if I hold these picks.

At one point the '23 class was advertised an RB bonanza, but I'm not sure how much trickle down there's really going to be.

Boy, is that ever the rub in 1QB leagues.

I'm serious. I'm in a position where I have no idea where my first will be (3-2, fourth in points scored, first in points against, as always). I'm clinging tenuously to the pick, unsure of how deep the RBs in the class are and where I'll finish (I figure if I finish fourth or higher, I won't really have a shot at the RBs given what are reported -- are reported, I say, because I can't follow it all that closely -- to be slow starts by the WRs)

Jefferson and Chase are both off the table from their two owners and rightfully so. Is AJ Brown #3??

Kupp and Diggs are 3 and 4 on KeepTradeCut. AJ is fifth.

I agree with KTC, actually. Think two-year windows. Kupp might overtake Chase soon if Chase keeps putting up mediocre scoring. The dynasty thinking, from the best of my understanding, has moved from thinking really long term to having enough flexibility with your trades to be a two or three-year-window. That's where Kupp and Diggs come into the picture.

Jefferson and Chase are both off the table from their two owners and rightfully so. Is AJ Brown #3??

I agree with KTC, actually. Think two-year windows. Kupp might overtake Chase soon if Chase keeps putting up mediocre scoring. The dynasty thinking, from the best of my understanding, has moved from thinking really long term to having enough flexibility with your trades to be a two or three-year-window. That's where Kupp and Diggs come into the picture.
One team has Chase and Kupp so not dealing either. Guy with Diggs wanted Mahomes last time I asked so I guess AJ Brown would be next. Yes, Smith and 2 late #1s is high but might be the price I have to pay to get a top WR in our 14 team league.

One team has Chase and Kupp so not dealing either. Guy with Diggs wanted Mahomes last time I asked so I guess AJ Brown would be next. Yes, Smith and 2 late #1s is high but might be the price I have to pay to get a top WR in our 14 team league.
I have been offered a late first since this off-season and I was tempted while the first was less known to be late, but held onto AJB. I am happy because he is working out fine in Philly.
After yesterdays discussion I went on other leagues I didn’t own him and attempt a mid/late first and a couple win now rbs (Henderson, j Wilson) for him and was declined.

Question about the value of current stud production based on a discussion I had with one of my leaguemates. He's got 4 1sts next year and is currently 3rd or 4th best team. But he will not give up 2 of them for Kupp. Well Kupp is 29 he says. Kamara is not worth a single 1st, also because he's 27.

I say he doesn't appreciate the value of time. I'm sure there is a name for this concept in finance. This is the reason you pay interest on a loan because future money is worth less than present money.

The example is from an empire league, in my estimation will end 5-10 years from now. Based solely on years of use then, a future pick is worth 80%-90% of a current player. One might counter by saying Kupp will not be playing at age 39 either.

For real tho, who is looking 10 years down the road? I think you're a fool in this hobby for looking more than 6 years into the future. After all, everything is a depreciating asset on average.

In 6 years Kupp is probably not worth much, he's likely retired. But what about the pick(s)? Very likely woth not much more. Think about it. How many 1st round picks are contributing anything substantial after 6 years? In other words, the chance you get a Kupp with 2 firsts or a Kamara with 1, I could put an empirical number on it but I don't feel like it. Suffice to say, its not as high as ppl think.

Well anyway, those are my thoughts. It's like Kyle Shanahan says, we don't even know who will be alive.
Dude has 4 2023 1sts and is currently in the upper quarter of the league? Sounds like he's doing something right to me.

Dude has 4 2023 1sts and is currently in the upper quarter of the league? Sounds like he's doing something right to me.
He's good at shystering.
Or he makes trades that have overall worked in his favor. Look, I get your salty that he won't give you 2 23 1st rounders for Cupp, but honestly, not many would. Cupps value is declining for the next 2-3 year window and only a contender in serious need would give up that kind of value for him.

He's good at shystering.
Or he makes trades that have overall worked in his favor. Look, I get your salty that he won't give you 2 23 1st rounders for Cupp, but honestly, not many would. Cupps value is declining for the next 2-3 year window and only a contender in serious need would give up that kind of value for him.
I am salty about the rip off trades he pulls off others all the time. Every league seems to have that guy and it's annoying.

But I'm not salty about failing to work out with him a trade for Kupp. As it were, I maintain a fighting chance, while sitting in sort of in no man's land. It is what it is.

I posted the scenario just for the discussion. Learning a lot of people value two birds in the bush more than one in the hand. It's like preferring Tesla stock to Amazon, in my opinion. But we all see things differently, which I view as a good thing.

He's good at shystering.
I am salty about the rip off trades he pulls off others all the time. Every league seems to have that guy and it's annoying.

But I'm not salty about failing to work out with him a trade for Kupp. As it were, I maintain a fighting chance, while sitting in sort of in no man's land. It is what it is.

I posted the scenario just for the discussion. Learning a lot of people value two birds in the bush more than one in the hand. It's like preferring Tesla stock to Amazon, in my opinion. But we all see things differently, which I view as a good thing.
There are definitely a contingent of dynasty players who are always collecting picks for the next shiny thing. Those folks tend to stay in the middle of the pack because they are always seeking the next thing.
There's also a contingent of dynasty players who very much over value their vets. And to be honest, some vets are really more value than you'll ever get back in picks. Derrick Henry is one of those guys. Cupp is another. Mahomes/Allen in superflex. You almost have to let those guys die on your roster because you will nearly never get full value for them.

He's good at shystering.

There are definitely a contingent of dynasty players who are always collecting picks for the next shiny thing. Those folks tend to stay in the middle of the pack because they are always seeking the next thing.
There's also a contingent of dynasty players who very much over value their vets. And to be honest, some vets are really more value than you'll ever get back in picks. Derrick Henry is one of those guys. Cupp is another. Mahomes/Allen in superflex. You almost have to let those guys die on your roster because you will nearly never get full value for them.
Any WR2 over 25 or RB1-2 over 27 are tough to part with. Especially when you find yourself having to rebuild. The best thing is to poach them off a mate who's not competing. Tho who wants to be the one getting poached? Nobody.

He's good at shystering.

I got back into a dynasty league 3 years ago after taking a break after my previous league folded and I see a lot of the bolded. One guy is "rebuilding" and offers up St. Brown for trade. Another in rebuild mode offers up Higgins. My thought is you should build around the young, WRs, not get rid of them to rebuild.

I got back into a dynasty league 3 years ago after taking a break after my previous league folded and I see a lot of the bolded. One guy is "rebuilding" and offers up St. Brown for trade. Another in rebuild mode offers up Higgins. My thought is you should build around the young, WRs, not get rid of them to rebuild.
It makes sense to collect picks when rebuilding, in my opinion.
1, You have the incentive to get rid of anybody putting up stats in a league where draft order is based off potential points.
2, For most players, the risk of losing value outweighs the windfall potential. An ACL tear in week 15 is such a kick in the shin. Even worse, an Achilles or liz franc.
3, Players have peak value during the season, compared to picks which peak in May, or June. It's like buying golf clubs after Christmas on the Marketplace.

Tho, some players you have to hold onto because they're undervalued. I wouldn't be selling ARSB for a first for example. Anybody already injured also, I'd be keeping or buying.

You're not exactly slumming it at the WR spot if you have Higgins, Diontae, Hollywood, and the Slim Reaper in a 14-team league. I get the urge to go after a #1 stud. From a physical and talent profile, that's exactly what AJB is. I've held him since his draft year on a stacked receiving core that currently features 4 of the top 8 consensus dynasty WRs. He is the closest thing I have to an auto-start, if he plays he starts. Although the talent is superb and the ceiling for a big play TD or two in any given game is excellent, he has left a lot to be desired as a #1 stud WR fantasy asset when you factor in his floor games and availability. For instance, he has had 8 games between 2021 and 2022 where he has failed to eclipse 7.5 points in a half PPR. Some of those might have been avoidable because of known injury that was clearly hampering him, many were not. You're not going to do a lot of pivoting when he's on your roster.

I'm not saying I hate having him. It's just that your current WR core and 3 picks in your back pocket in the #11 to #16 range isn't chopped liver.

To the point of what is a late '23 1st worth, are you in a super-flex? If yes, I think I'm firmly on the 'No' side of AJB for Smith & two late 1sts. If it's a 1QB league, and you feel confident that the two teams attached to those picks are getting a 1st round bye, then okay, you can probably project those as the 1.11 and 1.12 in a 14-team league.

If we were to call that Achane and Downs, or maybe sub in one of the top QBs in a 1-QB league, or Charbonnet, or maybe even Quentin Johnston or Mayer. Would it be crazy to give up two of those prospects plus Smith for a WR of of AJB's caliber? It's still a heavy price, but it might be worth it.

Last edited:
Okay I'm asking here because the board for trades never gets any real traction -
Got a feeler for my Deebo for his Pickens and late 1st in a 16 team league - other team is almost definitely getting into the playoffs and I'm tanking. League is ppr and points per first down, making a steady chain mover like Deebo worth more (he was 3rd overall WR last year ahead of Jefferson and Chase at 4 and 5 respectively).
Am I overthinking this? Should I be automatically accepting?

Okay I'm asking here because the board for trades never gets any real traction -
Got a feeler for my Deebo for his Pickens and late 1st in a 16 team league - other team is almost definitely getting into the playoffs and I'm tanking. League is ppr and points per first down, making a steady chain mover like Deebo worth more (he was 3rd overall WR last year ahead of Jefferson and Chase at 4 and 5 respectively).
I do like Pickens. The trade seems fairly close but I think I lean Deebo over Pickens and a 1.12-16.

If it's super-flex, I can talk myself into picking up the late 1st.

I do like Pickens. The trade seems fairly close but I think I lean Deebo over Pickens and a 1.12-16.

Not superflex but there's a salary cap aspect where Deebo has a steep increase next year and Pickens/the 1st won't until their fifth year. Thank you for your opinion!

Not superflex but there's a salary cap aspect where Deebo has a steep increase next year and Pickens/the 1st won't until their fifth year. Thank you for your opinion!
With that in the equation, I could definitely see taking it.

16 team dynasty SF PPR IDP

Heineke owner offering him to me for A 5th & Kelley.

I’m so on the fence. I lost Lance, and have zero QB prospects. So I have 1 QB. Unfortunately I’m 1-5 (lost a W on a Thursday, & was the 2nd highest scoring team last week and lost to the highest) - so it’s certainly possible for this team to go on a run.

So it’s a SF starter for 4-6 weeks for essentially a 5th.

Pull the trigger or keep my 5th?

I’m so on the fence. I lost Lance, and have zero QB prospects. So I have 1 QB. Unfortunately I’m 1-5 (lost a W on a Thursday, & was the 2nd highest scoring team last week and lost to the highest) - so it’s certainly possible for this team to go on a run.

If you think you can (and want to) make a playoff push then definitely...you are giving up almost nothing.

Heinicke is worth very little, but so isn't a fifth in a sixteen-team league.

It depends whether or not the playoffs look attainable given your league structure, your team's talent, and the results from the league so far.

Doesn't sound like you're really in it to me, but things can certainly change. You've gotta be honest with yourself about it, I guess.

Heinicke is worth very little, but so isn't a fifth in a sixteen-team league.

It depends whether or not the playoffs look attainable given your league structure, your team's talent, and the results from the league so far.

Doesn't sound like you're really in it to me, but things can certainly change. You've gotta be honest with yourself about it, I guess.
I figure what the heck - my team is good enough to make a run for sure.

10 games left, 6 make the playoffs. My team is the 6th highest scoring roster - just had bad luck in schedule/matchups so far.

Having another 15-20 at QB for a month+ Can be a difference maker.

My team is the 6th highest scoring roster

I gotta tell you, I wouldn't be too excited, though it's certainly better than eighth-twelfth or something. But if they're good enough to make a run, then they're good enough to make a run. A fifth shouldn't honestly be that much of an extraction from your assets.

One question I have is that is Heinicke, now that the league has seen he can't throw outside the hashes or deep, really worth 15-20 points? I think you're seeing roses and missing the skull they're in. At what point do the Commanders see what they have in Howell when Heinicke is ineffective (which he likely will be)?

My team is the 6th highest scoring roster

I gotta tell you, I wouldn't be too excited, though it's certainly better than eighth-twelfth or something. But if they're good enough to make a run, then they're good enough to make a run. A fifth shouldn't honestly be that much of an extraction from your assets.

One question I have is that is Heinicke, now that the league has seen he can't throw outside the hashes or deep, really worth 15-20 points? I think you're seeing roses and missing the skull they're in. At what point do the Commanders see what they have in Howell when Heinicke is ineffective (which he likely will be)?
:shrug:

It’s a dart throw for sure.

SF will make a man do things. Terrible things.

Heineke had some strong games in 2021. He also had some crap games in 2021. But his floor was more consistent than you give him credit for.

IMO they will stick with the dude they know - they’re not yet in “let’s see what we have in this guy & maybe lose 4 games” territory yet.

If you only have one QB currently and have been playing that way how much of an improvement will Heineke be over your current starting in that SF lineup spot? If your scoring isn't way skewed towards QB it could be that your other position guys may give you just as much.

If you only have one QB currently and have been playing that way how much of an improvement will Heineke be over your current starting in that SF lineup spot? If your scoring isn't way skewed towards QB it could be that your other position guys may give you just as much.
BYE weeks are here, so I lose a WR or RB basically every week for the next 4-6

So it could be a monumental improvement over the 1-4 points guys like Skyy Moore and Josh Kelley would have given me.

Has anyone seen any trades involving Eno lately? I have him in a SF league on a team that needs rebuilding. Is he worth a late 2023 2nd with the nice performance on Thursday?

Users who are viewing this thread