What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (20 Viewers)

Can I ask why you're not overly worried? It's been well over a year and he's not even throwing footballs yet. I'm no doctor, of course, but if this isn't time to freak out, when is? 
He’s doing throws with weighted balls at this point in his rehab so there has been progress. It’s not the first time a player has lost a season completely and come back on. A big part of it for me is because Luck himself seems positive and not worried. Players are people too and after a year of all these questions, I could see any player getting discouraged if there wasn’t a light at the end of the tunnel.

if you want to be off him, that’s understandable. But at this point, all the news from the team and Luck himself has been positive and in the right direction. Couple that with them taking on a new head coach who also says Luck will be fine and moves made in the draft to move away from taking a QB, I’m not worried

How terrified of Andrew Luck are people that own him?  I only own him in 1 league (2QB league), and I'm getting really nervous with about 4 months to go before season basically.  
I only owned him in one league (12 team PPR, 1QB) and I happily moved him a couple weeks ago for McKinnon.  I don’t think he will ever return to his prime form, and was glad to get a valuable piece for him while I still could.  

More than a lot terrified.  I'm starting to think 2019 is a best case scenario.
I moved the #### out of him last year. It's not just his health that scares me, it's the organization. No faith. If he bounces back then that is wonderful. I got a haul last preseason for him but I suppose holding is about the only option now.

I'm not that terrified.  If he's back I'm in great shape.  If not, I try to survive with Keenum and Bradford.  Nothing available for free agents and not willing to trade for a QB in a start 1 league.  Maybe a mid-season trade if necessary, but not now.
I don’t know if I’d be terrified with your QB situation. Maybe horrified is more accurate.

In a redraft League last year I drafted luck as a backup to Winston. We don’t have waiver claims before week 1, so when Luck was still out and the TB game got cancelled I was up a creek. Not really relevant, but a fun story. 

In a redraft League last year I drafted luck as a backup to Winston. We don’t have waiver claims before week 1, so when Luck was still out and the TB game got cancelled I was up a creek. Not really relevant, but a fun story. 
Man they wouldn’t make an exception in the waiver pick up? I mean, it was only a devastating force of nature that canceled the games...

I was just in an elevator and a guy gets on and I say hi, how’s it going? He says - another day, another 50 cents.

I pause, look right at him, and say - hey, a beaver up a tree won’t get wet.

He chuckled, we stood there for a second, and I got out of there as quick as I could.

I was just in an elevator and a guy gets on and I say hi, how’s it going? He says - another day, another 50 cents.

I pause, look right at him, and say - hey, a beaver up a tree won’t get wet.

He chuckled, we stood there for a second, and I got out of there as quick as I could.
Not all heroes wear capes. 

He’s doing throws with weighted balls at this point in his rehab so there has been progress. It’s not the first time a player has lost a season completely and come back on. A big part of it for me is because Luck himself seems positive and not worried. Players are people too and after a year of all these questions, I could see any player getting discouraged if there wasn’t a light at the end of the tunnel.

if you want to be off him, that’s understandable. But at this point, all the news from the team and Luck himself has been positive and in the right direction. Couple that with them taking on a new head coach who also says Luck will be fine and moves made in the draft to move away from taking a QB, I’m not worried
I haven’t heard a positive fact in over a year.

Not many qbs have lost over a year to a shoulder injury. I’m sure it’s happened but don’t know of any.

fruity pebbles said:
Be more terrified if I owned TY Hilton
I own no Hilton shares, but Brissett was kind of thrown into the fire last year. He could improve with a proper offseason... learning the playbook, practicing, building chemistry. If Hilton was the right price, I'd probably take a shot. And I've never been a huge Hilton fan. 

Don't forget the HC they originally "hired", fled unexpectedly. While he's an ###, maybe he knew something was up and didn't want to stake his career on Jacoby Brissett.

Don't forget the HC they originally "hired", fled unexpectedly. While he's an ###, maybe he knew something was up and didn't want to stake his career on Jacoby Brissett.
McDaniels take guys and tries to fit them to his system. Reich seems like a guy who will use the tools that are there and work within that. There are coaching changes every year and sometimes you see a huge turnaround simply because you got the right coach. Reich could certainly be that guy this year. 

McDaniels take guys and tries to fit them to his system. Reich seems like a guy who will use the tools that are there and work within that. There are coaching changes every year and sometimes you see a huge turnaround simply because you got the right coach. Reich could certainly be that guy this year. 
Oh I think the Colts are likely better off with Reich than McDaniels - but my post was in response to gabes saying their new HC is saying the right thing. Their new HC may only be the new HC because the other new HC got spooked by what he heard about Luck. Not saying that is the case, but it's not far fetched at this point.

Oh I think the Colts are likely better off with Reich than McDaniels - but my post was in response to gabes saying their new HC is saying the right thing. Their new HC may only be the new HC because the other new HC got spooked by what he heard about Luck. Not saying that is the case, but it's not far fetched at this point.
That seems to be one of the likely reasons for why McDaniels backed out of taking the job.

Maybe its other stuff but Luck not being a sure thing to be healthy seems like a pretty big deal breaker.

When Peyton had a year off, I bought aggressively because he was so cheap. He was old enough people took it as a possible last chance to sell. While everyone wants to bail on Luck, he's still valued as a top 10 QB in DLF ADP, so somebody's buying. Are people that are "terrified" willing to move off him for less than QB1 value? Say a QB prospect (a 1st or 2nd year QB who you don't love but think has a chance) plus a flier. Assuming its a 1QB league I don't expect many trades like that. Better he fails on my roster. In superflex and 2QB, maybe, much higher risk holding.

When Peyton had a year off, I bought aggressively because he was so cheap. He was old enough people took it as a possible last chance to sell. While everyone wants to bail on Luck, he's still valued as a top 10 QB in DLF ADP, so somebody's buying. Are people that are "terrified" willing to move off him for less than QB1 value? Say a QB prospect (a 1st or 2nd year QB who you don't love but think has a chance) plus a flier. Assuming its a 1QB league I don't expect many trades like that. Better he fails on my roster. In superflex and 2QB, maybe, much higher risk holding.
I’d move him for Dak or Mahomes. I’d move him for an early 2nd. If I am contending and don’t have a backup I can trust, I’d move him for Brady. I’d move him for any 2 of my top 4 rookie QBs, depending on roster sizes/taxi squads.

I don't think a single thing changed on Luck's status from the time frame of when McDaniels took the job until he reneged on it. In other words Luck's health had zero to do with that decision.  I'd probably put Luck around QB6 right now but the way I view QB's is go big or go home so it's a position I'm going to take on more risks for the higher upside.

Mark Ingram... Mid 1st? Late 1st? Other?

I see him as a near throw in in several trades and I'm wondering why. He had a great year even while sharing time with Kamara and his contract is over after 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think a single thing changed on Luck's status from the time frame of when McDaniels took the job until he reneged on it. In other words Luck's health had zero to do with that decision.  I'd probably put Luck around QB6 right now but the way I view QB's is go big or go home so it's a position I'm going to take on more risks for the higher upside.
I’m skeptical that Luck’s shoulder had anything to do with it as well, but to play devils advocate. Hypothetically, them filling him in on Luck’s status could have spooked him, as could them telling him that they wouldn’t be drafting a QB. I have to assume that the call to move on from Luck would have to come from ownership.

Mark Ingram in non-ppr. Mid 1st? Late 1st? Other?

I see him as a near throw in in several trades and I'm wondering why. He had a great year even while sharing time with Kamara and his contract is over after 2018.
It’s been a while since I’ve played non-PPR, FTR, but I would think a pick in the 6-8 range. I’d take him over any of the WRs in non-PPR.

Mark Ingram in non-ppr. Mid 1st? Late 1st? Other?

I don't play any non-PPR leagues so hard for me to answer but in PPR I'd value him like a late first, possibly mid but I'd not give that up for him until the draft shakes out.

He has evolved into a legit 3 down back and he'll be playing almost the entire season next year at just 27 years old, which is almost hard to believe and his lighter usage most of his career should help extend him. I feel like he's got at least  3 high quality big time seasons left in him. A lot of talk about RB draft class not being as strong next year so his timing for hitting FA again could work out great for him.

He has evolved into a legit 3 down back and he'll be playing almost the entire season next year at just 27 years old, which is almost hard to believe and his lighter usage most of his career should help extend him.
Ingram is actually 28 currently and turns 29 in December.  

Is Philip Rivers worth anything these days? What would you give for him if you needed a starter this year?
I'd say he should still be worth a late second - but it may be tough to get that. He's not sexy but solid year to year and his consistency makes him a pretty good dynasty QB.

Is Philip Rivers worth anything these days? What would you give for him if you needed a starter this year?
A below average starting QB (FF), who has probably 2-3 years left?

Probably roughly a pick where you'd expect Darnold to be drafted. Mid 2nd at most.

That's about what I was thinking. I offered a 2.12 but was countered with a 2.2. I might take it if he'll throw in a 3rd.

Otherwise I'll just take a rookie with the late 1st/early 2nd I have.

Chris Carson of the Seahawks was a popular dynasty stash. With Penny going to the Seahawks, do your think Carson is still worth holding on to? Asking for a friend.

Chris Carson of the Seahawks was a popular dynasty stash. With Penny going to the Seahawks, do your think Carson is still worth holding on to? Asking for a friend.
His value just plummeted so if you have the roster room, I think he's a hold but I would also jettison him for many a rookie prospect at this point.

Tell your friend to hold him at the end of the roster in deep leagues.

Shallow rosters he may have to let him go.

Carson is still a good player and RB get hurt. So if Penny were out for some games I could see Carson having some value.

As CC says depends on the number of roster spots but I would be hanging on to Carson or buying in deeper leagues.

Now that the NFL draft is over, what’s the price check on the 1.06 rookie pick in other rookie picks?
I think the value of mid 1sts went up a good amount.  We had 7 RBs in the first 2 rounds which was more than expected, and the back end of those guys are the ones that probably ended up in the best spots, so those mid 1st picks moved closer to the early 1st picks than before.

I think the value of mid 1sts went up a good amount.  We had 7 RBs in the first 2 rounds which was more than expected, and the back end of those guys are the ones that probably ended up in the best spots, so those mid 1st picks moved closer to the early 1st picks than before.
Agree. The 1.02 and the 1.07 are almost equal in value to me today, but the 1.01 is leaps and bounds ahead of all of them. 

The early firsts dropped significantly and the mid-firsts gained significantly. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread