What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN's 30 for 30- Buffalo Bills episode premieres 12/12 (1 Viewer)

The idea that you would hype up issues with John Elway to the point the thousands of people are buying anti-Boz shirt and the shirt are made by a company run by Brian Bosworth is freaking genius. :lmao:

Funny as hell that they show a promo of the Bosworth's Stone Cold movie and the first person they show next is Jim Ross. That is ironic :lol:

Of all the momentos that his father wanted to store in his locker for your son why in the hell would you keep that NCAA Welcome to Russia shirt. Although looking at the company now, he wasn't that wrong.

The funny thing is that Boz is trying to show his kid why this character really screwed things up and he is just like 'dude this so is awesome'
The funny thing is, he was exactly right about the NCAA. In 1986 it wasn't funny but now we know communists aren't that scary and the NCAA is the biggest mafia sports has probably ever known. Was then, is now.

Of all the momentos that his father wanted to store in his locker for your son why in the hell would you keep that NCAA Welcome to Russia shirt. Although looking at the company now, he wasn't that wrong.

The funny thing is that Boz is trying to show his kid why this character really screwed things up and he is just like 'dude this so is awesome'
The funny thing is, he was exactly right about the NCAA. In 1986 it wasn't funny but now we know communists aren't that scary and the NCAA is the biggest mafia sports has probably ever known. Was then, is now.
yuuuuup

I was 3 years old in 1984 and didn't know any of what was going on in the sports world, but I'd did enjoy this episode. I enjoy Boz folklore.

I graduated from high school in 87. Was working as a delivery driver for a small airplane parts company that summer. I remember where I was in the truck when I heard on the radio that Seattle had won the Boz lottery. I remember being so jacked up as Seattle already had a solid team in the mid 80s. Always thought it was sort of weak to label him as a bust. He led Seattle in tackles for the games in which he played. That said, I understand how he was defined by two plays on that Monday night game against the Raiders.

I graduated from high school in 87. Was working as a delivery driver for a small airplane parts company that summer. I remember where I was in the truck when I heard on the radio that Seattle had won the Boz lottery. I remember being so jacked up as Seattle already had a solid team in the mid 80s. Always thought it was sort of weak to label him as a bust. He led Seattle in tackles for the games in which he played. That said, I understand how he was defined by two plays on that Monday night game against the Raiders.
I actually posted earlier that Boz was exposed as a fraud in the NFL. I deleted it for two reasons:

1) It may not have been entirely fair. He did play reasonably well before he got injured. But Boz calls himself a bust. I give him credit for not using the injuries as an excuse. You either produce as a high pick or you don't.

2) I feared that Doc may think I was specifically trolling him. He's the rarest of the rare Sooners/Seahawks fan. :)

2) I feared that Doc may think I was specifically trolling him. He's the rarest of the rare Sooners/Seahawks fan. :)
Yeah I didn't like the Sooners until I ended up in school there, in fact i really disliked them during Boz's time there. I wanted the Boz to be great in Seattle though, but injuries to him and me discovering high school tail make those NFL years a blur. I DO remember that game though, I watched it and was disgusted. Looking back though no one could have stopped Bo on that play, the long run, or any other. Guy was a ####### freak.

I didn't watch college football then so I wasn't aware of the whole Boz story in his NCAA days but I do specifically remember the Bo Jackson play and never understood how people overhyped that goaline run.

Really enjoyed this one.

Good episode, ESPN kills these week in and week out. Might be my favorite programming currently running. Bosworth came away from that documentary looking like intelligent and thoughtful but with the forethought of a teenager (which he was). The problem is millions were watching his every move as opposed to many of us that do stupid things with no real consequences.

Boz seems to have his #### together. Also, Reilly was busting his balls about being a B-movie actor. That sounds as if it's a pretty good gig if you can get it.

don't think there's anyone who's making that tackle on Bo Jackson
Other than the Super Bowls, that night provided my proudest moments as a Raider fan. The 91-yarder was on the same night.

Bo was my favorite athlete ever. Such a shame he got cut down in his prime on that tackle.
Not to hijack the thread, but shockingly I can talk Bo all day long. The throw to the plate from the wall to get Harold Reynolds out is still the most amazing thing I ever saw him do.

Other than the Super Bowls, that night provided my proudest moments as a Raider fan. The 91-yarder was on the same night.

Bo was my favorite athlete ever. Such a shame he got cut down in his prime on that tackle.
Not to hijack the thread, but shockingly I can talk Bo all day long. The throw to the plate from the wall to get Harold Reynolds out is still the most amazing thing I ever saw him do.
Yes sir. Just wish it was in the HD age. There still is not a fantastic view of it, mainly because the cameraman never expected a play at the plate.

And who could blame him?

Yeah I remember that throw. Amazing!

FDAS, it wasn't a 30 for 30, but did you see the SEC Storied on the Auburn trio of Bo, Frank Thomas and Sir Charles? Excellent show.

I guess we are supposed to forget that of those 15 strikeouts against the Braves in game 5 was with one of the worst strike zones in baseball history.

I guess we are supposed to forget that of those 15 strikeouts against the Braves in game 5 was with one of the worst strike zones in baseball history.
That's your takeaway from this episode?
Of course not. Just an observation as they are treating it like a historic pitching performance. This is a great 30 for 30. Kind of wish there was more on Livan but his story isn't on the same level as Orlando

That may have been a Top-5 episode of 30 for 30 for me. Got a little dusty when El Duque was reunited with his family.

I don't understand why Cuban players aren't told straight out that their parents and children will be killed if they defect.

Or have I seen too many '24' episodes?

Excited for the Randy Moss one tonight... Always a fan of the guy. I understand he may have had his issues, but he never came off as a bad person to me and I always rooted for him.

If he would've had his head on straight, he could've been the best to ever play WR. I say this as a lifelong 49ers fan who loves Jerry Rice.

Users who are viewing this thread