What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explain your FBG forums username (1 Viewer)

Apologies if this has been done before, but got to thinking... Tuesday is my 7-year anniversary of enlisting at the forums here and I recall the thinking behind my username.  

I had/have 35k-ish posts over at The Huddle under 'darin3' (my name and favorite number).  Thought it'd be neat to flip things around and go with nirad3 here.  

Some of y'alls usernames are fairly easy to figure out, others not so much.  So what's your story?
Thank you for your service.

Mine is really simple.

At the time, just over 15 years ago, we were living in Kansas, had only been there 4 years and was just finishing my 1L year at KU. The Oz museum wasn't open yet but was going to be put in less than half a mile from my house. 

I actually liked the wizard growing up, even the flying monkeys (years later I'd name some of my teams after them and my favorite marathon I've done, surprisingly near Nashville not Kansas). So the novelty of being in the land of Oz hadn't worn off.

At the time we couldn't use 2 letter names, so I had to add something. 

self explanatory.  i still love beer, but might be ILUVWHISKEY if i signed up today.

Birdie is actually short for Bird $h1t   (guano, droppings, excrement - you get the meaning) 

Back in the mid '80's at South Carolina in Columbia, after an afternoon of heavy drinking, a group of us were heading to "Group Therapy" down in 5 Points....

A flock of birds flew overhead and 1 guy yells out "look out for Bird$h1t" and I answered "What?"....  and it stuck!
And the significance of 99 and 048?

Bozeman Bruiser said:
:wub:

Hope you hung on to it.
Bought it in 2000 with 25k miles.  Sold it last year with 140k miles for more then I bought for.  Miss it everyday.  

Users who are viewing this thread