What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explain your FBG forums username (1 Viewer)

I believe I signed up in 2002 or so.  Major Applewhite was the QB at Univ of Texas and I hated his guts.  I had no idea how often I'd use the site so I randomly went with the name Major Asswipe.  That name lasted about a day and the powers that be deleted the non excellent portion.   If I knew I'd still be using this board almost 20 years later I may have put more thought into it.

I believe I signed up in 2002 or so.  Major Applewhite was the QB at Univ of Texas and I hated his guts.  I had no idea how often I'd use the site so I randomly went with the name Major Asswipe.  That name lasted about a day and the powers that be deleted the non excellent portion.   If I knew I'd still be using this board almost 20 years later I may have put more thought into it.
They could have by now at least promoted you to Lieutenant Colonel.

I mostly lurk here so... the simple answer is that my first name is Jerry and my last name ends with G.

The more interesting answer is that I'm known in the FF world as "jerryskids".  I compete in IBL for the site formally known as FFLW, against your finest FF owners.  The name was a double entendre for my entry into a deep keeper league I inherited which sucked.  I had no idea in 2001 that the name would stick.  I mean no offense to special needs people.  But this is how the FF community knows me.

I tried to sign up here as jerryskids some time ago and Joe banned me.  I then signed up with JerryG with the above disclaimer, banned again.  I fully expect to be banned a third time.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
So good.

Never knew that or if I did, I'd forgotten. 

1967.  5th grade.  Start of the Little League football season.  My dad (who never played football in his life) was the coach.  Asked us what we wanted to name the team.  Rather than "Lions" or "Bears", one guy suggested "Wampus Cats".  None of us, even him, knew what it meant, but little burr-haircut rebels that we were, we went with it and ended undefeated.  Still got the team picture, and have named all my FF teams "Wampus Cats" ever since.  The 43 was simply my age when I had to create a username with a number in it, and I'm too old now to remember anything else.

We changed the team name to "Turkeys" in '68 and won it again.

I mostly lurk here so... the simple answer is that my first name is Jerry and my last name ends with G.

The more interesting answer is that I'm known in the FF world as "jerryskids".  I compete in IBL for the site formally known as FFLW, against your finest FF owners.  The name was a double entendre for my entry into a deep keeper league I inherited which sucked.  I had no idea in 2001 that the name would stick.  I mean no offense to special needs people.  But this is how the FF community knows me.

I tried to sign up here as jerryskids some time ago and Joe banned me.  I then signed up with JerryG with the above disclaimer, banned again.  I fully expect to be banned a third time.  :thumbup:
Who cares?  :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

It was the punch line to a long free style joke I made up in 9th grade that I don't remember anymore. Something to do with plus-size kids from low income families, and what their parents gave them for treats. :bag:

Way, way back in high school there wan an "incident" that turned into a running gag with some buddies about us being in a mob/gang and we all had code names related to lizards. No one really used them in real life but years later when I needed an online username, I recalled the story and used my "alias" from then.

Serves you right!  Hook 'em!  :lol:   

I have an 11 letter very German last name that starts with "Aufde".    At a very young age my nickname amongst friends and classmates instantly became "offdee" as that's how it phonetically pronounced.     When I was 13 I thought for sure I would be a famous rapper so was prepared for my stage name to be "OFF-D"

My username was the first alias I had ever created on a different board (FFToday).  Steiner was in two of my favorite Sport Center commercials of the time,  but if anyone asks, it's from the former pro wrestler.
Love Charlie Steiner. The old ESPN commercials were so great.

My favorite is SVP and Stuart Scott watching Arnie make a drink. (Bonus - Damn he was good.)

So my first name is Nick.  I'm not at all fat.  5'10", 185lbs.  When I was in undergrad, my best buddy and I used to love to go to Golden Corral  - Anyway, this was when I first started playing fantasy, so we were trying to think of team names.  My buddy said, "How about Fat Nick?" in honor of our favorite place to go and watch people kill themselves with fried food...Then he said, "How about the New York Nicks?" as a play on words - So I ultimately stuck the two together and my team name to this day in most leagues (except work leagues where it could be deemed insensitive) is "New York Fat Nicks."  Hence the username Fat Nick.  I'm really curious how many people have a visual image of me as Fat B###### from Austin Powers or something.

Real name Jared.  I've been called J-rod by a number of people throughout my life. It has nothing to do with my last name...just some popular variation of my first name.  So I spelled it phonetically, and wa-la.
Between the Subway perv and that awful jewelry store, I think you made the right choice.

Leroy Hoard said:
Jayrod said:
I know.  I don't think there will be a whole lot more kids named Jared in the near future.  We are a dying breed.
Yes,  much like Adolf was once an honorable name.
I have said here before, I loved my grandfather and would have loved to name one of my sons after him, but he was a WWI era German immigrant. His first name was Rudolf (a kid would get abused with that name!) and his middle name was Adolf. His parents weren't that clever in the naming dept, his brother was Adolf Rudolf.

My parents named me after the James Garner character Maverick in the old tv show, so I adopted it as my online persona.

And I didnt want anyone to confuse me for the Tom Cruise character in Top Gun, so I went B Maverick instead of just Maverick

Birdie is actually short for Bird $h1t   (guano, droppings, excrement - you get the meaning) 

Back in the mid '80's at South Carolina in Columbia, after an afternoon of heavy drinking, a group of us were heading to "Group Therapy" down in 5 Points....

A flock of birds flew overhead and 1 guy yells out "look out for Bird$h1t" and I answered "What?"....  and it stuck!

I was (and still pretty much am)  a big fan of Wes Anderson, and Rushmore was my favorite of his films.   I also loved the scene from Royal Tennenbaums when they went to confront Owen Wilson.   In the background, he had these subtly hilarious (in my mind) pictures on his wall.   One of them is my avatar, so name and avatar are pretty much Wes Anderson homages. 

A few corrections/clarifications:

1. My last name begins with G, not ends.  Alcohol may have been involved when I posted this.  😜

2. My cousin's daughter has Down's and she is one of the most wonderful people I know.  I sincerely mean no disrespect to those with special needs.

When I signed up I thought that the whole online moniker thing was pretty stupid.  Still do, though to a lesser extent.  So after 2 seconds of thinking I chose the most bland, ubiquitous thing possible.
Are you doing okay, boss? I've been a little concerned for your well being, as I've seen several posts in the PF over the last few weeks telling people to go pound Sand.

No one actually did that, right? Cuz that would not be excellent.

My father's family name being Pirrip, and my Christian name Philip, my infant tongue could make of both names nothing longer or more explicit...

But seriously, Rock Action was Mogwai's record label and 2001 album by the same name. I chose it as my moniker, and unlike other Rocks, it has stuck.

I am rock. Rock is me. Legendary in twenty states, wanted man in Albequerque. Wanted man in Syracuse...

Mine's pretty simple.  An old friend used to be one of those guys that called everyone a slacker.  Except me.  He told me I was "The People's Slacker".  Said I slacked enough for everyone.  So I latched onto that for awhile, especially in online forums and games.  Eventually, I shortened it.  Most people just called me Slack or "Slacks" when they'd pronounce it.  So, I was like "S-L-A.... ah screw it.  X!"  And I joke that I'm such a slacker that I don't bother spelling out word.  Thus "SlaX".

It's 2002. The game "SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals" is released on the OG PlayStation . Me and my buddy were in grad school and played...a lot.

It was the first online multiplayer game I played. We started an in-game clan with some friends called "Diseased" or something, and picked our user names based on that. But we weren't real scary diseases, but dumb ones. He was Scurvy and I was Ringworm. 😄

Eventually shortened to Worm and the rest is history. 
Nice.  I got Scurvy's backstory with that too.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread