What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

also cant they get in trouble for lying about/not reporting injuries?  i thought i read that there would be big fines for that this year when all the injury list changes were anounced.

I would expect Haden to follow Dez.  He shadowed Brandon Marshall last week.  I think the secondary receivers (Beasley/Witten) for Dallas may be solid cheap plays this week.  
yeah witten feels like a good play this week but man does that take guts.  then again, given how ive been doing at te this year its not like it can get any worse...

Well, here is my current version of the truth for cash...

Kaepernick

Elliott/Gordon

Hilton/Benjamin/M. Thomas

Witten

Crosby

KC

Still considering dropping Gordon for C. West and spending the cash for upgrade at TE or WR

also cant they get in trouble for lying about/not reporting injuries?  i thought i read that there would be big fines for that this year when all the injury list changes were anounced.
They had him as questionable all week I believe.  According to the ESPN talking heads it was just a wink wink nudge nudge, hes only questionable because of the new reporting rules, but hes expected to play.

Clearly impossible to know for sure.  Knowing the NFLs history with serious injuries a kidney issue may really be a game time decision in their minds.

Well, here is my current version of the truth for cash...

Kaepernick

Elliott/Gordon

Hilton/Benjamin/M. Thomas

Witten

Crosby

KC

Still considering dropping Gordon for C. West and spending the cash for upgrade at TE or WR
You guys playing Kap in cash are such sickos.

Im not saying you're wrong.  The New Orleans defense is still the New Orleans defense.  And hes at home.  But he really does have a negative floor.  There is a world where he comes out and throws 2 INTs and fumbles before he gets to 25 yards passing and 20 yards rushing and gets benched.  Strongly doubt it happens, but would any of use really be that surprised if he did?

Last edited by a moderator:
fair point...and Luck is only $800 away.  Was just tweaking and ended up with this...

Luck

Elliott/C. West

Hilton/Benjammin/Adams

Witten

Crosby

KC

maybe I will play a little of both...

I haven't

I haven't heard anything negative about Haden and I'm pretty sure he follows Des all day.  Just don't like him here as I think this game script will be all Zeke.  Mind you this is just a hunch, but based on that I'm going to fade him this week
Thanks for all the discussion re: this matchup.  To be clear, I'm aware its somewhat of a contrarian call, but I'm rolling with the evolution of Dak narrative and higher than chalk exposure to Dez this week...

As a KC fan I hope for the best.   I am 100% Zeke with combos of Booker,  Gordon,  West and Montgomery .  One Bell/Zeke.

Im not saying you're wrong.  The New Orleans defense is still the New Orleans defense.  And hes at home.  But he really does have a negative floor.  There is a world where he comes out and throws 2 INTs and fumbles before he gets to 25 yards passing and 20 yards rushing and gets benched.  Strongly doubt it happens, but would any of use really be that surprised if he did?
We were having this debate a few weeks ago too, and I have placed myself firmly in the camp of really thinking you need a stud Qb most weeks.  We keep throwing out 2x as a target in cash, and that's the average overall number, sure.  But how often does your K hit and get you 10+, or TE, or Def?  I think if you aren't pushing 3x with your QB and starting off the weekend hovering around 25pts at that position, you are making it too hard on yourself.  If you think Kaep can get that for you so be it, but I don't think we should be happy with just 2x from the Qbs.  So yeah, I wouldn't risk Kaep in cash either.  Surprised to see him and Kessler on Dodds' list for the week. 

I think this is a tight week with the WRs being the deciding factor, and no need to get too cute with the Qbs.  So many people are on Rodgers/Brees/Luck and West/Zeke/Gordon/Booker and Rudolph/Crosby/KC, that you have to get the WRs right. 

Am I reading the IVC correctly.....Holton will be in 100% of MT's LUs (or at least heavily considered and played), but Dodds and MT will not use him at all?  Surprised @David Dodds didn't at least mention him in the Cracking article.

Crazy to roll with Holton in a 5 person weekly cash league? It's only a $5 entry but man he really makes it easy to construct a great lineup, and with Talib and Webster out for the Broncos there's maybe even a very slight chance he puts up a few points.

I basically wound up flipping most of my cash LU:

QB/ Rodgers

RB/ Booker, West

WR/ Beckham, A. Brown, Tate

TE/ Rudolph

K/ Lambo

DEF/ Miami

WR is definitely the challenge this week.

Am I reading the IVC correctly.....Holton will be in 100% of MT's LUs (or at least heavily considered and played), but Dodds and MT will not use him at all?  Surprised @David Dodds didn't at least mention him in the Cracking article.
They talked on the power grid podcast how they didn't think that was a good play.  Basically said that with the chalk at other positions, it will be all about WRs this week, and you probably can't afford to take a 0 there. 

They talked on the power grid podcast how they didn't think that was a good play.  Basically said that with the chalk at other positions, it will be all about WRs this week, and you probably can't afford to take a 0 there. 
Is Lee on that podcast?  Lee said no, 0%.

Kelce seems like a must start this week.  Foles has some weird thing for him I think.  Last week after A. Smith went out, Foles either targeted Kelce or looked his way more times than I can count.

May not be a bad GPP stack either.

Crazy to roll with Holton in a 5 person weekly cash league? It's only a $5 entry but man he really makes it easy to construct a great lineup, and with Talib and Webster out for the Broncos there's maybe even a very slight chance he puts up a few points.
This is interesting.  Would be kind of funny if Holton gets an 80 yard TD.  Now that's value.

Is West really any good? I have him in one of my season-long leagues and have quite a bit of exposure to him as of right now. I get he'll be massively owned, but I've got a less than completely positive feeling about him, especially since there are other attractive options. I like Forte again, but not as much as last week.  I like Booker more this week than last  I like Theo again too, but he may be a better GPP play. I can't quite get a feel on Leveon. I think Gordon is a little too high on the IVC -- the Titans aren't horrible against RB at all, plus the 10 day rest will likely help them.

I'm all-in on Zeke. I'm guessing the Zeke/C. West combo will be essentially ubiquitous. Here's the question I have: Can you stack Dak and Zeke in cash? I can envision a lot of scenarios in which they both return value in cash. 

I think I'm going to approach all-in on Antonio too. After him, it looks like a crapshoot to pick the right guys. 

Is West really any good? I have him in one of my season-long leagues and have quite a bit of exposure to him as of right now. I get he'll be massively owned, but I've got a less than completely positive feeling about him, especially since there are other attractive options. I like Forte again, but not as much as last week.  I like Booker more this week than last  I like Theo again too, but he may be a better GPP play. I can't quite get a feel on Leveon. I think Gordon is a little too high on the IVC -- the Titans aren't horrible against RB at all, plus the 10 day rest will likely help them.

I'm all-in on Zeke. I'm guessing the Zeke/C. West combo will be essentially ubiquitous. Here's the question I have: Can you stack Dak and Zeke in cash? I can envision a lot of scenarios in which they both return value in cash. 

I think I'm going to approach all-in on Antonio too. After him, it looks like a crapshoot to pick the right guys. 
We have a small sample size from last year, and he had a good string of games where he got 20+ touches and got TDs in a few of them.  The staff seemed to be as much on him as Ware during the offseason, and he is about the only viable option for them at RB today with a positive game script for KC.  I think he is a good of play as Booker and Rodgers have been the last couple weeks. 

I think you can stack those two as well.  Dak hovers around 20pts a week, and he hasn't hurt Zeke's production either.  I think the Browns are bad enough to let both have good days. 

What is the game theory take on 100% exposure at QB from the same game?  Talking of course about Rodgers and Luck here. I suppose full exposure to one game must increase variance if the game script is off and the Vegas total misses. But on the other hand, isn't it more likely that 54 projected points will be close to the total, and you can make sure you get the points by taking both QBs?

Besides my Jameis on Thursday, I will be all Rodgers/Luck today.

I've got right at $100 in cash using Dak,Zeke,Gordo

Jax is terrible against the run with Miller out, West will have a good day

Thanks for the above. I suspect you're right about West. Still feels off to me. I'll probably hedge off of him some, then regret it afterwards. 

KC fan here, Im not excited by West.   He is clearly the 3rd best back on that team.  I increased my exposure a littlr due to price,  workload,  and gamescript.   He will be the least talented back I roster this week. 

West will get the carries, but he's still not very good and being this weeks RB1 isn't going to change that.  Hold your breath every time he hits the D-Line that he holds onto the ball in the pile.

If West was going against a better run D this week, most of us wouldn't consider him.  

I feel a lot better about a good RB up against a good run D (say Ajayi vs. NYJ) then West against Jags D.

West will get the carries, but he's still not very good and being this weeks RB1 isn't going to change that.  Hold your breath every time he hits the D-Line that he holds onto the ball in the pile.

If West was going against a better run D this week, most of us wouldn't consider him.  

I feel a lot better about a good RB up against a good run D (say Ajayi vs. NYJ) then West against Jags D.
wat

KC fan here, Im not excited by West.   He is clearly the 3rd best back on that team.  I increased my exposure a littlr due to price,  workload,  and gamescript.   He will be the least talented back I roster this week. 
This was basically my general thinking. He was a 3rd string RB for a reason, no?

Ok ok not the best example but a viable one given the match up in combination with the last couple weeks.  He also wants to be the first RB ever to rush for 200+ yards in 3 straight games.  He may not make it but I bet MIA wants to give him the chance today to do so.

It seems that Rudolph is considered the chalk TE this week but is anyone else concerned about the change in OC? I'm thinking he may be used to block more as the OL has been shown to be terrible the last 2 weeks. I'm a Lions homer and realize how bad they are at defending the TE and are currently lacking a passrush but I'm still pulling Rudolph from my cash lineups. I think the Vikes will use Diggs on the short and underneath routes that Rudolph ran and also try to run outside more with Rudolph as a blocker.

Here are my cash lineups

1) Luck  Bell West   Cooks Moncreif  Adams Olsen Bailey Phil

2) Rogers Elliott West Hilton Adams M Thomas Gates Crosby KC

oakheart gpp

Flacco Murray Sproles  Brown D Thomas Wallace Olsen Lambo Phil

road to 51 freeroll

Newton Bell Murray K Benjamin Moncreif Cooks Kendricks  Santos Ravens

It seems that Rudolph is considered the chalk TE this week but is anyone else concerned about the change in OC? I'm thinking he may be used to block more as the OL has been shown to be terrible the last 2 weeks. I'm a Lions homer and realize how bad they are at defending the TE and are currently lacking a passrush but I'm still pulling Rudolph from my cash lineups. I think the Vikes will use Diggs on the short and underneath routes that Rudolph ran and also try to run outside more with Rudolph as a blocker.

Here are my cash lineups

1) Luck  Bell West   Cooks Moncreif  Adams Olsen Bailey Phil

2) Rogers Elliott West Hilton Adams M Thomas Gates Crosby KC

oakheart gpp

Flacco Murray Sproles  Brown D Thomas Wallace Olsen Lambo Phil

road to 51 freeroll

Newton Bell Murray K Benjamin Moncreif Cooks Kendricks  Santos Ravens
I had Rudolph in my Thursday cash LUs, so I used that as an excuse to steer away from him on the main slate today and go more Gates with a little Kelce. 

Lessons to learn each week, this week might be to stop getting sucked in to who pops up on the IVC. Guess who I didn't have written down on at the start of the week, but ended up on too many rosters? Kelce and Pitts players.  Only myself to blame, and we will see how the afternnoon games turn out- a lot of football left.  Just see people pop up and think I must be missing something instead of just trusting what I have.  

Actuall, I blame Ware and West.  Wasn't until West was the starter and the savings popped up that I thought i could/meeded to upgrade to some top dogs. ;)   We will see how Booker does, but the plan was to go all in on Booker and Zeke for the main slate this week when I started this on Wednesday. 

Yeah, I think you were safe to stack Dak and Zeke...
I went Kaep instead and used the savings to go from Rudolph to Gates. Time will tell. 

West isn't good. The groupthink on players based solely on salary and matchup is not always right. Talent and ability matter too. 

On the one hand I feel like I was right about the Jacksonville offense.  Anyone else thought they'd be able to run today?  On the other hand Blake Bortles is still in fact Blake Bortles.

Lessons to learn each week, this week might be to stop getting sucked in to who pops up on the IVC. Guess who I didn't have written down on at the start of the week, but ended up on too many rosters? Kelce and Pitts players.  Only myself to blame, and we will see how the afternnoon games turn out- a lot of football left.  Just see people pop up and think I must be missing something instead of just trusting what I have.  

Actuall, I blame Ware and West.  Wasn't until West was the starter and the savings popped up that I thought i could/meeded to upgrade to some top dogs. ;)   We will see how Booker does, but the plan was to go all in on Booker and Zeke for the main slate this week when I started this on Wednesday. 
Yep. I build my lineups w/o looking at IVC. Then I compare. I don't always not change, but I don't often change. When I'm considering it I usually run it through here for feedback. Thank goodness I didn't buy in to West this week. 

Edit:  What the hell?!  My computer is just auto replying the same thing? 

They managed to fumble it on the one.  Even when things are going right for that team theyre still going wrong.

The 1pm games was a poop show.  Bell. . . Poop, Landry. . . Poop, Marshall. . . . Poop.  West. . . . Poop.   I even knew better as a KC fan,  but after absorbing all the info I was convinced i needed more exposure.   Why cant i trust my gut,  especially when its my home team. 

Users who are viewing this thread