What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Many people in here down on West, and I understand why, but my 2 cash lineups both had West in, and they hit 156.18 and 135.84.  He wasn't very good, but he was cheap enough to build a good enough lineup around him.  All of my entries with those two lineups look to be good enough to pay out.

Wow, really good day, Thur-Mon cash LUs score 164 and 175

Cashed all 5 $25 GPPs

.75 away from $7000, but I'll take the $1500.00

Still got some action left, main slat cash LU at 145 trying to hold on

I went Kaep instead and used the savings to go from Rudolph to Gates. Time will tell. 

West isn't good. The groupthink on players based solely on salary and matchup is not always right. Talent and ability matter too. 
Sure, but let's not pretend that he didn't have some success running the ball last when when KC needed him.  It's not like this was a bad play, it just didn't work out this week. 

Many people in here down on West, and I understand why, but my 2 cash lineups both had West in, and they hit 156.18 and 135.84.  He wasn't very good, but he was cheap enough to build a good enough lineup around him.  All of my entries with those two lineups look to be good enough to pay out.
That's the beauty of cash LUs

I know Dod talked about it in his blog, but I really underestimated how much easier playing $1 and $2 50/50s are to cash, from here on out, I'm getting as much in them that I can each week, gotta start early to get in them though

KarmaPolice said:
Sure, but let's not pretend that he didn't have some success running the ball last when when KC needed him.  It's not like this was a bad play, it just didn't work out this week. 
lol just ignore his bull####.  every highly owned player he doesnt agree with is 'groupthink'.  west was an excellent play this week as was booker last week as was quizz the week before etc.

I know Dod talked about it in his blog, but I really underestimated how much easier playing $1 and $2 50/50s are to cash, from here on out, I'm getting as much in them that I can each week, gotta start early to get in them though
:thumbup:   This is what I do...enter them all week long with some sort of "rough draft" lineup and then just adjust all the lineups before Sunday.

Currently up $100, so might dip below that after tonight and tomorrow.  Will definitely take that seeing how more that 1/2 of my lineups don't seem to hit, but the ones that do usually get around 3x back. 

this is interesting bc ive found the cut lines to be roughly the same between $1-$2-$5 on the 100-man 50/50s.  i mean common sense dictates that the lower the buyin the lower the cutline for obvious reasons but idk i feel like theyre almost always super close.  how much different have yours been?

Bourbon and the NFL just don't mix, LOL, good day so put $150 on Oak, $150 on over 45 and $150 on the partly Oak and over

Wish me luck!!!!

this is interesting bc ive found the cut lines to be roughly the same between $1-$2-$5 on the 100-man 50/50s.  i mean common sense dictates that the lower the buyin the lower the cutline for obvious reasons but idk i feel like theyre almost always super close.  how much different have yours been?
Huge, 12 to 15 points

lol just ignore his bull####.  every highly owned player he doesnt agree with is 'groupthink'.  west was an excellent play this week as was booker last week as was quizz the week before etc.
Please. I questioned West ahead of time. It isn't post-rationalization. And I don't question "this week's lock of the year" every week. But when I have concerns about it, I bring them here as a sounding board. Last week everyone was high on Booker which knocked me off of Forte a bit. This week it was lukewarm at best about West, which encouraged me to keep my exposure below 50%, like I had originally planned. 

You act like every week's "lock" play is the same as every other week's. They all stand on their own. West isn't in the same league as Charles or Ware as far as skills.

And a $5600 RB isn't all that important if you don't have a place to spend the savings. You act like $1400 in savings is the same every week. It isn't. 

This week, $2 50/50s are at 123, $1 at 124
My history shows a big gap between $2 and $10 cash play. $5 seems to bounce around between those 2 extremes some. I'm not playing 100's of contests a week tho, so my data is limited.  I tried to get everyone here to post cutlines in their contests to try and crowdsource that information last year. It didn't take hold. 

Please. I questioned West ahead of time. It isn't post-rationalization. And I don't question "this week's lock of the year" every week. But when I have concerns about it, I bring them here as a sounding board. Last week everyone was high on Booker which knocked me off of Forte a bit. This week it was lukewarm at best about West, which encouraged me to keep my exposure below 50%, like I had originally planned. 

You act like every week's "lock" play is the same as every other week's. They all stand on their own. West isn't in the same league as Charles or Ware as far as skills.

And a $5600 RB isn't all that important if you don't have a place to spend the savings. You act like $1400 in savings is the same every week. It isn't. 
Keep doing what you are for my sake!!!! 

Your concerns make me take a closer look at my cash LU s

My history shows a big gap between $2 and $10 cash play. $5 seems to bounce around between those 2 extremes some. I'm not playing 100's of contests a week tho, so my data is limited.  I tried to get everyone here to post cutlines in their contests to try and crowdsource that information last year. It didn't take hold. 
I'll do about $50 a week Thur-Mon 58/58s and about $150 main slate 50/50s and I'll post the numbers each week if that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
KarmaPolice said:
AquaBliss and DukeBroadway both expressed real concerns about him after having watched/followed KC. Both cautioned that West was at best a big step down talent-wise from Ware. 

I get that Jax looked like a good matchup and $5600 is a nice price point. But at some point ability matters. At the very least he seemed like a guy who shouldn't be a blind play. 

Keep doing what you are for my sake!!!! 

Your concerns make me take a closer look at my cash LU s
I'm a big fan of point/counterpoint to help me analyze things. We all get tunnel vision. It helps to have someone else think differently than you. Doesn't mean I'll change my mind, but I'm always willing up consider it. 

I feel I am done with football for the year and on the basketball.  Neither of my two LU's cashed this week

rodgers, elliot, west, Adams, marshal, diggs, Barndige, lutz, cheifs

Luck, elliot, west, A. Brown, marshal, moncrief, rudolf, lutz, vikings.

Were these bad plays?  West was on average 55-70% owned in all my cash games.

I feel I am done with football for the year and on the basketball.  Neither of my two LU's cashed this week

Not really. I don't like Luck in cash ever, but I'm a minority call on that. I didn't like West much, but again I was a minority there. The rest all looked more or less chalkish and reasonable to me. 

What are you playing?

I was in all cash 50/50 games.  $5 was the highest I entered.  I have done horrible or just had horrible luck this year when it comes to cash games, where last year its where I made all my money.

Not really bad plays.  I didn't have much faith in Marshall or your TEs, I seriously considered Adams and Moncrief at different times this week.  We played some of the same guys.  There is a fine line between winning and losing.  For comparison, here are the two LUs I played in $2 50/50s

Rodgers, Gordon, West, A.Brown, Hilton, M.Thomas, Gates, Crosby, KC (156.18)

Luck, Elliott, West, A. Brown, Hilton, M.Thomas, Gates, Lutz, KC (135.84)

I was in all cash 50/50 games.  $5 was the highest I entered.  I have done horrible or just had horrible luck this year when it comes to cash games, where last year its where I made all my money.
Stop right now with anything other than $1 or $2 50/50s, We can get you back to a positive number.

Make sure to get into as many main slate 50/50 $1 that you can, come see us Sunday Morn and We will take care of you

Stop right now with anything other than $1 or $2 50/50s, We can get you back to a positive number.

Make sure to get into as many main slate 50/50 $1 that you can, come see us Sunday Morn and We will take care of you
This. 

I read somewhere that late-filling low dollar doubles and 50/50 have lower cutlines than ones that fill mid-week. I don't know if that's accurate or not. The problem is, if you wait too long you won't have enough $1 and $2 games to get your desired action in play. I ususlly start grabbing every $1 and $2 cash game I can get on Saturday morning and keep coming back every couple hours to catch the new ones. 

This. 

I read somewhere that late-filling low dollar doubles and 50/50 have lower cutlines than ones that fill mid-week. I don't know if that's accurate or not. The problem is, if you wait too long you won't have enough $1 and $2 games to get your desired action in play. I ususlly start grabbing every $1 and $2 cash game I can get on Saturday morning and keep coming back every couple hours to catch the new ones. 
LOL, I start getting my 50/50s Tuesday morning

This. 

Contests are already posted for next week.  You could start grabbing some now.  Some of these early ones end up with a few crap lineups entered.  People put in something as a place holder and forget about it, never updating their lineup after weekly news/injuries.  You may end up playing against 96 lineups instead of 100...Instant advantage!

LOL, I start getting my 50/50s Tuesday morning
Depending on your bankroll you might need to. Last 2 years I played a TON more than this year. I had to start gobbling up everything on Tuesday if I wanted to avoid any higher dollar contests. I made absolutely no effort to track cutlines vs. entry date though. Never dawned on me to do that until I read that column late last year. It could have just been one of those anecdotal proclamations though, I have no clue on the validity of it. 

Depending on your bankroll you might need to. Last 2 years I played a TON more than this year. I had to start gobbling up everything on Tuesday if I wanted to avoid any higher dollar contests. I made absolutely no effort to track cutlines vs. entry date though. Never dawned on me to do that until I read that column late last year. It could have just been one of those anecdotal proclamations though, I have no clue on the validity of it. 
Man TOA, I'm drinking heavily, but what

What?

!??

What?

!??
You said you grabbed contests on Tuesday in response to my comment about someone saying late-filling contests have lower cutlines. I was just pointing out that (1) you may need to grab them early if you want a ton of cash in play and (2) I have never verified what that column said about cutlines so it could just be BS. 

You said you grabbed contests on Tuesday in response to my comment about someone saying late-filling contests have lower cutlines. I was just pointing out that (1) you may need to grab them early if you want a ton of cash in play and (2) I have never verified what that column said about cutlines so it could just be BS. 
My bad, I have no idea, but lets get rich

ive never accused you of post rationalization...

just curious.  if you dont mind posting this information what is your roi in fd cash games (this year and/or last) and how much do you play each week?

O

ive never accused you of post rationalization...

just curious.  if you dont mind posting this information what is your roi in fd cash games (this year and/or last) and how much do you play each week?
2 years ago was my first to play DFS. Started slow ~$25 or so in play each week, grew to ~$200+ each week. Don't recall ROI (on phone don't have laptop), but it was in upper 20's/low 30's, the bulk of that coming in weeks 12-15 if I remember right. 

Last year I was more aggressive in terms of bankroll, but lower ROI. I probably averaged $400 in play each week, tapering as I got more into NBA. By week 14 or 15, I was effectively done in NFL for the year. Low 20's ROI. 

This year I'm just piddling. Started new job in September, kids both into sports/dance/piano/etc, blah, blah. Just haven't had the time to devote to it. I think I posted 2 weeks ago my exact play to-date -- something like $1000 or so. I'd won a whopping $1 or $2 on the season. Crushed it last week, well over 200%, but that's an aberration since I played a ton more GPP than usual and min-cashed almost everything plus hit everything on 2 cash lineups and caught my 50/50's on my 3rd. This week played about $50. Looking at a +30% ROI this week. 

NBA and MLB have become my preferred action. MLB on FA, not much on FD. Haven't played much in NBA this year beyond donations just to feed my fix. 

Megla congrats Buddy.................I would be drinking and enjoying it also.

I have been a lot more active this year, so I really don't know the answer to this.............that is the biggest single GPP I have heard from the fellas in here this year I think.....

love to hear about everyones's success. I have never won more that $50 in a GPP myself. How about other people?

Users who are viewing this thread