What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (14 Viewers)

I'll be playing UCLA tonight as well...I played Navy +7 pretty big this week, and looking just now, it has gone to 6 1/2 (if anybody's interested). They can win that game outright.
Good luck to Brong and hooter. Let's win one for the good guys

On the 1 year anniversary of the Ingram +1300 Heisman call, I brought LaMichael James +1000 into play today. With the Kellen Moore preseason bet of +1500 and now James +1000, I feel confident that we have 2 of the 3 top horses in the race at +1000 or better. Big game tonight.....LMJ for Heisman!

I appreciate everybody's :IBTL: on the Phils bet I have. I ended up putting about 1/15 of what i have wagered on the Phils to win the NL on the Giants tonight.

I am 0-3 betting the Phils this series, so I think i will lay off betting the Phils at all the next 2 games. Was real happy to see Madson and Lidge look pretty good tonight, as well as the bats have some life again, and it makes me think the Phils are in pretty good shape with the next 2 games in Phils.

Played Phillies all around tonight. -120 . . . -1 1/2 +150 . . . and to win the series at +320.

And these WS Winner odds just showed up. I haven't looked around, and this book's stuff like this is always overpriced, but of these, I sure do like the Rangers (probly should be around +150). They really stand out to me in this group.

NYY+450

PHI+400

SF....EV

TEX+120
God was that Werth homer in the 9th big for me, love it when that happens. Almost felt bad for the ballsy under bettors...although they did have the wrong side.What do you guys think the series line is now? I favor Philly now, even though they'll be a dog still. I just don't see the young SF pitchers being able to handle it there. And I still don't trust blackbeard. Hamels will be big play if we get there.

BTW, I ended up going pretty big on Texas to win it all. They really stick out to me in this bunch. Curious to see the line change tomorrow, I'll probly put more on them.

I'm liking Bradford at +250 for ROY. Best has a shot but Bradford has already won two more games than the Rams did all of last year. Unless he starts throwing a bunch of picks and Best gets hot I think he runs away with it. I put 200 on Bradford, but I also put 70 on Best at +400 to cover. I don't think Mike Williams or Mathews will be able to put up the numbers to win it.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the 1 year anniversary of the Ingram +1300 Heisman call, I brought LaMichael James +1000 into play today. With the Kellen Moore preseason bet of +1500 and now James +1000, I feel confident that we have 2 of the 3 top horses in the race at +1000 or better. Big game tonight.....LMJ for Heisman!
James has been great. Oregon definitely has the $$ to run up the hype machine on him over the next month. Remember the billboard oregon put up of joey harrington in time square in 2002. I like that aspect of it, I worry about that offense being so good though that LMJ doesn't "shine"If auburn runs the table cam newton wins the award, right now he has to be the front runner.

Parlays are hard to hit in hockey but I'm feeling these 3 dogs tonight.

Calgary +135

TB +115

Chicago +107

Also, like the Yanks (-106) and the over (9).

Looking for advice on tonights Football game if anyone has input.

Leaning to Cin (-8). Not sure on the Over/Under.

I'm liking Bradford at +250 for ROY. Best has a shot but Bradford has already won two more games than the Rams did all of last year. Unless he starts throwing a bunch of picks and Best gets hot I think he runs away with it. I put 200 on Bradford, but I also put 70 on Best at +400 to cover. I don't think Mike Williams or Mathews will be able to put up the numbers to win it.
I splashed some cash on Bradford +1200 preseason. I am much more concerned about injury than I am with him throwing a bunch of picks. Good luck!!

James has been great. Oregon definitely has the $$ to run up the hype machine on him over the next month. Remember the billboard oregon put up of joey harrington in time square in 2002. I like that aspect of it, I worry about that offense being so good though that LMJ doesn't "shine"If auburn runs the table cam newton wins the award, right now he has to be the front runner.
:lmao: I was thinking about that billboard last night. Althought the offense is extremely good, James is clearly the face of it. Not many people are talking about Darron Thomas or Jeff Maehl. I'm counting on Auburn to lose 2 games, which would obviously hurt Newton. Also, his playing style puts him in a position of taking some hits, hopefully he doesn't get injured but it's a fair possibility I think. Cam Newton is without a doubt the front runner today. However, if he is +200 or +250 or whatever, James should not be +1000 IMO.

M Plancher O 62.5 yards rush

D Bogan O 66.5 yards receiving

Went to the USF/WVU game in Morgantown last week and these guys can play...plus UC's defense is pitiful at tackling. Both are +100...love them both.

Anyone with a 5dimes account? I'm not sure if a system problem or they have banned me from props. I can select anything under football, but if i select props, it goes back to main log on menu and logs me off

ETA: i'm in now, must have been system glitch.

Early play today, Northwestern +6
Agree with you here. Every single one of my friends loves MSU. I think Persa can cut up Mich States secondary. I love this play.
Northwestern grad here, and have watched every game (for years). This game makes me nervous. I think Persa can carve them up, but the NU coaches insist every game on trying to establish the run (and we don't have a running game besides Persa scrambling). Our run D has been terrible, and I am worried MSU runs easily on us. I think NU has to score 30+ to win this game. I am hoping we abandon the run and just pass ever down (like the Auburn bowl game last year when Kafka threw 70+ passes).

Some things I'm on today that are still out there:

Kentucky +4

Vandy +12

Cuse +14

Utah State +3'

Purdue +24

Mississippi +10

Iowa St +21

Miami OH +3

Baylor -6'

Clemson -4

Illinois -12'

Maryland +4'

2 Dimes on Oklahoma -3
Hard to argue with this one based on the past. I also like Northwestern with alot of you guys, scares me though as i have been lukewarm at best with college football this yr. One of my bigger plays is the over 56 on the TTech/Colorado game. 2 units (100 dollar unit) and keying it in a couple 1/2 unit parlays.

Navy+6.5

Northwestern/MSU Over 54 (looks like I took this too early as it's now 52)

OSU/Nebraska Under 59.5

I agree that OU should beat up on Mizzou. And i really don't think OU is that good, I just think Mizzou is a middle of the pack team. It seems a little too easy right now for me to bet it.

Anyone with a 5dimes account? I'm not sure if a system problem or they have banned me from props. I can select anything under football, but if i select props, it goes back to main log on menu and logs me offETA: i'm in now, must have been system glitch.
Been running glitchy like that for me too the past couple days.

Leaning on the Redskins heavy this week.

Most points in 1pm 22/1

Mcnabb- Most passing yds 1pm 10/1

Santana- Most receiving yds 1pm 10/1

Love watching Persa play. He's scrappy and smart - doesn't try to play outside of his abilities and just gets the job done. Big fan of his....

Users who are viewing this thread