What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (4 Viewers)

The over went 9-4 in the NFL yesterday. Looks like we're on our way to 10-4.

I watch every snap of every game, and I can tell you with 100% conviction that the new helmet-to-helmet enforcement was a factor. Without a doubt. I saw at least three TDs and several long passes where the WR would have been blown up in the past, but the defender pulled up at the last minute, allowing the reception. This crap is definitely in the minds of the defenders.

The key is taking advantage before Vegas adjusts. It may already be too late. :thumbup:

Romo didn't hit over 1.5 tds, and it looks like my Roy Williams +TD bets are scrooged. I guess it balances out if the Giants carry this thing away.

Last year I was able to grab Ohio State at 75-1 to win the NCAA basketball championship and then ended up 12-1 going into the tourny so I was able to make some money hedging. These are the teams I like to improve upon their odds this year:

San Diego State 100-1 (class of the Mountain West, solid team last year that made the tournament, return all five starters)

North Carolina State 200-1 (could be a top 3 team in the ACC, very good recruiting class joins some some good returning players)

Arizona 100-1 (One of two good Pac-10 teams this year, if they can blow through the conference - and they could - they would end up with a 2-3 seed which would improve their odds quite a bit)

Washington 55-1 (see Arizona)

Virginia Tech 65-1 (I was more excited about them before a couple of their depth guys got hurt for the year, but Malcolm Delaney could carry them to a 2nd place finish in the ACC)

Baylor 30-1 (I got this before Lace Dunn got in trouble, but if he comes back they should be a top 2 seed)

Minnesota 150-1 (strictly a homer pick)

It looks like I'll hit all of these, but man it had me worried when the Cowboys where up 20-7.

Manningham o 52.5 yds (-115)

Giants +1 (-110)

Giants 1h/Giants gm 2/1

Giants -3.5 (+230)

Giants +4 (-130)

It looks like I'll hit all of these, but man it had me worried when the Cowboys where up 20-7.Manningham o 52.5 yds (-115)Giants +1 (-110)Giants 1h/Giants gm 2/1Giants -3.5 (+230)Giants +4 (-130)
Nice work, MP.I had the Giants to be up exactly 38-20 with 5:18 left in the 3rd. BIG score.

It looks like I'll hit all of these, but man it had me worried when the Cowboys where up 20-7.

Manningham o 52.5 yds (-115)

Giants +1 (-110)

Giants 1h/Giants gm 2/1

Giants -3.5 (+230)

Giants +4 (-130)
Way too early to mark this a W.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like I'll hit all of these, but man it had me worried when the Cowboys where up 20-7.Manningham o 52.5 yds (-115)Giants +1 (-110)Giants 1h/Giants gm 2/1Giants -3.5 (+230)Giants +4 (-130)
Nice work, MP.I had the Giants to be up exactly 38-20 with 5:18 left in the 3rd. BIG score.
Also took Giants +1 first downs. Forgot about it until I saw the ticker. Giants- 21, Cowboys- 5Manningham will be fine. One more recept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also took Giants +1 first downs. Forgot about it until I saw the ticker. Giants- 21, Cowboys- 5Manningham will be fine. One more recept.
As the 4th option on the field in a 3 score game? I like your confidence.

Who else is receiving? Boss? Bradshaw? They've been doing trips for the last 5 minutes.

Who else is receiving? Boss? Bradshaw? They've been doing trips for the last 5 minutes.
RB will be the first option for touch(es), then Smith, Nicks, maybe Mario 4th.

nyg -3 -115 2h
:rant: I was all happy i got it at -3.5. The line is getting killed everywhere. I have to admit i cheer for the Giants twice a year, each time they play the Cowboys
greek always posts the 2h line before the end of the 1st half....first i saw was -3 -120, it went to -3 -115 and then got blasted
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Alright, the last few minutes of this game really, really sucked. I went pretty heavy on that 2nd half play :thumbdown:

Drunk and looking for action on some tennis when I wake up. :goodposting:

Date placed:

Oct 26, 2010 12:25a 3 Team Parlay #190800163 (Placed by Web)

Tennis - All tournaments for men (Game) Moneyline

ATP - Men's - St. Petersburg Open, Russia

If either player retires before the match is completed then the event will be settled as no action.

Kravchuk, K -400 Tue@5:00a

Competitor:Cermak, F

ATP - Men's - Open Sud de France, Montpellier

If either player retires before the match is completed then the event will be settled as no action.

Isner, J -1000 Tue@10:00a

Competitor:Paire, B

ATP - Men's - Bank Austria Tennis Trophy, Vienna

Haider-Maurer, A -450 Tue@11:30a

Competitor:Muster, T

Risk US$ 45.00 to win US$ 30.63

Date placed:

Oct 26, 2010 12:24a 6 Team Parlay #190800141 (Placed by Web)

ATP - Men's - Bank Austria Tennis Trophy, Vienna

Gulbis, E -5000 Tue@5:00a

Competitor:Muster, T

Kravchuk, K -400 Tue@5:00a

Competitor:Cermak, F

Isner, J -1000 Tue@10:00a

Competitor:Paire, B

Tursunov, D -500 Tue@12:00p

Competitor:Przysiezny, M

Nalbandian, D -550 Tue@2:00p

Competitor:Granollers, M

Youzhny, M -500 Wed@4:00a

Competitor:Brands, D

Risk US$ 45.00 to win US$ 62.41

modogg said:
lumpy19 said:
modogg said:
lumpy19 said:
nyg -3 -115 2h
:shrug: I was all happy i got it at -3.5. The line is getting killed everywhere. I have to admit i cheer for the Giants twice a year, each time they play the Cowboys
greek always posts the 2h line before the end of the 1st half....first i saw was -3 -120, it went to -3 -115 and then got blasted
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Alright, the last few minutes of this game really, really sucked. I went pretty heavy on that 2nd half play :thumbdown:
I fell asleep right after the start of the 4th quarter....tough lossOctober is going to be my first losing month in over 2 years :cry:

One other thought, NYG had 5 turnovers last night, scored 40pts and dominated the game. Not something you see too often in the NFL.

Question for the guys here who are big on futures. Do you see any value in Matt Ryan or Eli Manning both at +5000 for MVP?
Eli moreso than Matty Ice. Matty Ice is a made man because of Roddy white.Eli spreads the ball to all of his options, is on a team that looks bound for the playoffs and seems to be really rounding out into a gun slinger thanks to Nicks and Manninghams athleticism. I see value, but as a Peyton backer at +500, not sure how I would bet it personally. but I really don't think +5000 is a bad number for Eli.

Question for the guys here who are big on futures. Do you see any value in Matt Ryan or Eli Manning both at +5000 for MVP?
Eli moreso than Matty Ice. Matty Ice is a made man because of Roddy white.Eli spreads the ball to all of his options, is on a team that looks bound for the playoffs and seems to be really rounding out into a gun slinger thanks to Nicks and Manninghams athleticism. I see value, but as a Peyton backer at +500, not sure how I would bet it personally. but I really don't think +5000 is a bad number for Eli.
On second thought. Eli has 15 turnovers in 7 games. I'd stay away.

The NBA, its FAAAAAANNNNNNTASTICHeat +1PHX +7.5
Oh hell ya...cannot wait.
I really just started following the NBA closely last year. It's a painful sport to wager on but it's a great time to be a NBA fan. Like everyone else I'm really looking forward to watching the Heat, watching OKC develop(specifically durant), watch LAL put it on cruise control for the regular season. Lots to be excited about.

Small 5 team parlay tonight....

62636917-1 10/26/10 5:06pm $10.00 $263.00 Pending 5 Team Parlay

Pending 10/26/10 8:00pm College Football 102 Boise State 1st Half -22 -110* vs Louisiana Tech

Pending 10/26/10 7:35pm NBA Basketball 501 Miami Heat -1½ -110* vs Boston Celtics

Pending 10/26/10 10:05pm NBA Basketball 504 Portland Trailblazers -290* vs Phoenix Suns

Pending 10/26/10 10:35pm NBA Basketball 505 Houston Rockets +6½ -110* vs Los Angeles Lakers

Pending 10/26/10 9:05pm NHL Hockey 60 Dallas Stars -1½ +190* vs Anaheim Ducks

Ah, what the hell. I'm not a big NBA guy, but it's Tuesday, I ain't got no job, and I ain't got #### to do.

Heat -1.5 for a unit and a half.

Big parlay

Celtics - m/l

Boise St / LA Tech - over 65

Looks like I'm the only one on Boston, but I think they win by double digits.

Remember the 12-0 system play on Boise in the 1H against cupcakes? Hammer time.

Boise -21.5

Team total o28.5

Game total o34.5

Those are all FIRST HALF bets.

Let's get that paper.... :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread