What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (2 Viewers)

Question for the guys here who are big on futures. Do you see any value in Matt Ryan or Eli Manning both at +5000 for MVP?
Eli moreso than Matty Ice. Matty Ice is a made man because of Roddy white.Eli spreads the ball to all of his options, is on a team that looks bound for the playoffs and seems to be really rounding out into a gun slinger thanks to Nicks and Manninghams athleticism. I see value, but as a Peyton backer at +500, not sure how I would bet it personally. but I really don't think +5000 is a bad number for Eli.
On second thought. Eli has 15 turnovers in 7 games. I'd stay away.
Thanks, JB. I know they're both pretty long shots, but figured that they are the QBs of the best teams in the NFC right now, and their stats are pretty solid other than Eli's TO's. Or, maybe I'm just being thrown off by the fact that they have the same odds as Alex Smith and Felix Jones at the moment. :no:

Remember the 12-0 system play on Boise in the 1H against cupcakes? Hammer time.Boise -21.5Team total o28.5Game total o34.5Those are all FIRST HALF bets.
28-7 Boise at the half. :thumbdown: SHOCKING that the missed chip shot FG on the first drive cost me the sweep. Bender must have tailed.

Big parlayCeltics - m/lBoise St / LA Tech - over 65Looks like I'm the only one on Boston, but I think they win by double digits.
Well that was a nice win.In other news, I'm completely sold on Oregon. I think they are far and away the best team in the country. I know they are playing at USC, but only laying 6.5 points seems like a steal. I know, famous lasts words, but I'm dumping about 3/4 of the money I won last night on them now before the line goes up.

Big parlayCeltics - m/lBoise St / LA Tech - over 65Looks like I'm the only one on Boston, but I think they win by double digits.
Well that was a nice win.In other news, I'm completely sold on Oregon. I think they are far and away the best team in the country. I know they are playing at USC, but only laying 6.5 points seems like a steal. I know, famous lasts words, but I'm dumping about 3/4 of the money I won last night on them now before the line goes up.
Before the line goes UP? I actually bet SC +7 pretty big last night because I figured the line would go down. Anyway, I don't think you need to worry...I'm just curious, but how much have you seen Oregon play?

Before the line goes UP? I actually bet SC +7 pretty big last night because I figured the line would go down. Anyway, I don't think you need to worry...I'm just curious, but how much have you seen Oregon play?
I'm on USC +7, also. This is USC's bowl game, we'll get max effort here. They are also off of a bye, get Oregon at home, and play on grass (as in, not turf). Oregon is off of a monster victory in which they looked a lot better than they really are, and have people telling them they are the best team in the world and now have to deal with the pressure that comes with being #1. It's just a perfect spot for USC.

I'm on USC +7, also. This is USC's bowl game, we'll get max effort here. They are also off of a bye, get Oregon at home, and play on grass (as in, not turf). Oregon is off of a monster victory in which they looked a lot better than they really are, and have people telling them they are the best team in the world and now have to deal with the pressure that comes with being #1. It's just a perfect spot for USC.
:thumbdown: I'm also on USC +7

I've seen enough of them to think they'll win by 24, but I've been known to be wrong before. (see TCU Boise St. last year).

I've seen enough of them to think they'll win by 24, but I've been known to be wrong before. (see TCU Boise St. last year).
Did you see the UCLA game?

boston beats miami.....cleveland beats boston.....cleveland is better than miami?

i knew lbj should have stayed in cleveland!!

boston beats miami.....cleveland beats boston.....cleveland is better than miami?i knew lbj should have stayed in cleveland!!
As I pressed submit, I said to myself......."self, be wary of the back to back game, especially with those old ### celtics". Did I listen? No

BRONG said:
PatsFanCT said:
BRONG said:
Did you see the UCLA game?
You mean the game they won by 47? Yeah, I saw enough of it.

Tonight

Magic -7.5 (first half)

The Magic are primed and ready for the season. They have been KILLING people in the preseason. They've cut out the silly pregame "magic show" routine they did all last year and have gotten down to business. It's the opening of the new arena tonight and its all everyone is talking about. Washington is too young and inexperienced to hang with them. It should be a blowout from the start.

TonightMagic -7.5 (first half)The Magic are primed and ready for the season. They have been KILLING people in the preseason. They've cut out the silly pregame "magic show" routine they did all last year and have gotten down to business. It's the opening of the new arena tonight and its all everyone is talking about. Washington is too young and inexperienced to hang with them. It should be a blowout from the start.
I'll tail that. Does that mean you don't like the -13.5 for the game?

TonightMagic -7.5 (first half)The Magic are primed and ready for the season. They have been KILLING people in the preseason. They've cut out the silly pregame "magic show" routine they did all last year and have gotten down to business. It's the opening of the new arena tonight and its all everyone is talking about. Washington is too young and inexperienced to hang with them. It should be a blowout from the start.
I like them all the way around. Just think this will be the safest play. I honestly will be shocked if they don't win by at least 20 tonight.

I like them all the way around. Just think this will be the safest play. I honestly will be shocked if they don't win by at least 20 tonight.
Good enough for me. Thanks

Lord of Football said:
Careful. They always kill people in the pre-season, they take it more seriously than most teams.

And Texas to win the WS. Yesterday, they were -140; today +135. I'm actually adding to my "position", if you will...

Yes, I'm aware that most 1st game winners go on to win it all. MOST.

Lord of Football said:
Careful. They always kill people in the pre-season, they take it more seriously than most teams.
Great call.

Lord of Football said:
not halftime yet, but :) .

Lord of Football said:
Great call.
:shock:

currently off the board but orl +4 at miami tomorrow, if the line stays there i'll be on orlando

orlando is a nightmare matchup for miami if howard can stay out of foul trouble, miami has no one to guard him

I like it lump. Can't believe I'm betting basketball, jesus, but I'm bored. Okay, Phoenix and the points tonight? :thumbup:

Wow... two BRUTAL beats for under backers lately. This game, and game 1 Texas/NYY.
I had the over tonight. I'll remember this one when I take my next bad beat.
Had the over too, I almost feel bad. ALMOST, lol. Although, there shoulda been more than 2 runs by the 8th. It felt like Texas should've had 2 runs or so. The HR bounceback and the fact they left some runners out there. But whatever, still lucky.I am still taking Texas, again, for the series, and pretty big on these games in Texas comin' up. It will be a whole different ballgame in that crappy state, for sure. God that Rosenberg guy whatever his name is, little guy with the bowtie who does those interviews with his stupid little smerk on his face, what a twerp. Big night, with NCState too, who I doubled up on at the half. Fired up! :headbang: X6Need Phoenix now for some serious icing on the cake.

Lord of Football said:
Bodog didn't offer the first half, but I tailed you I guess with ORL -14. Good call. :headbang: Make sure to post where you're going tomorrow too.

Cain finally getting more credit in the post-game stuff. For a guy that's been as good as he's been, you never hear about him.

I'm pretty buzzed, by the way, so excuse me if I babble. :confused:

Lord of Football said:
Great call.
:shrug:
:goodposting:

These Greek nba player prop line moves are all sharp correct. I should be following these not fading, right?
If you don't get them at -115/-120 range there's very few i'd play....the bargnani one is a terrible line, i'd play that one to maybe -160, after that you have to hope they move it a half pt or a pt and reset to -115 but they almost never do. You gotta get them at open.if your local moves slower then pound away, i'd say 90% of the moves are correct IMO.

Gotta love that weeknight home dog in CFB. :sadbanana:Thoughts for tonight?
I have an inordinate amount of WVU friends...they are scared crazy of tonights game. They think WVU is going to "give up" because they got upset by Cuse last week. I dont see how you can "predict" that...but that is what they feel and they usually have a pretty good handle on things....BUT.....UCONN's QB situation is a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread