What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida Politics (1 Viewer)

Do you trust DeSantis' appointed Fl surgeon general Dr. Ladapo?

The concerns prompted Twitter to take down a tweet from Ladapo as misinformation, as shown in a screenshot shared by Bryan Griffin, Press Secretary for Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“Twitter censored data posted by the Florida State Surgeon General that showed an increase risk of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination,” Griffin said. “This is an unacceptable and Orwellian move for narrative over fact.”

This Jimmy Dore episode was pretty interesting.

Hey GB....did you take the time to look at the process Ladapo used to form his conclusions? If not, I'd start with the link provided just above your post.
No but I will. I just thought the Dore episode was interesting. He does get a little histrionic at times. I will say when they brought up that men over 60 had 10% more chances of having a heart episode it concerned me.

Neither my wife or myself have had the new Vax yet. Our Doc said to wait until Oct. Well we are here now. Thing is we are both wondering if it's even worthwhile.
:thumbup: It's a good exercise. Let me know when you've read about what he did and how he did it. Then we can talk more about it if you think it's still valid.

Hey Floridians; where do I get absentee ballots for voting?
It's just "vote by mail" in this state:

The deadline to request that a vote-by-mail ballot be mailed is no later than 5 p.m. on the 10th day before the election. A Supervisor of Elections must mail the ballot out within 2 business days after a request. The last day for a Supervisor to be able to mail out a ballot is 8 days before the election.

Do you trust DeSantis' appointed Fl surgeon general Dr. Ladapo?

The concerns prompted Twitter to take down a tweet from Ladapo as misinformation, as shown in a screenshot shared by Bryan Griffin, Press Secretary for Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“Twitter censored data posted by the Florida State Surgeon General that showed an increase risk of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination,” Griffin said. “This is an unacceptable and Orwellian move for narrative over fact.”

This Jimmy Dore episode was pretty interesting.

Hey GB....did you take the time to look at the process Ladapo used to form his conclusions? If not, I'd start with the link provided just above your post.
No but I will. I just thought the Dore episode was interesting. He does get a little histrionic at times. I will say when they brought up that men over 60 had 10% more chances of having a heart episode it concerned me.

Neither my wife or myself have had the new Vax yet. Our Doc said to wait until Oct. Well we are here now. Thing is we are both wondering if it's even worthwhile.
Obviously, you should defer to your doctor over some random schmoe on a message board, but given your age and the issues you've mentioned with your wife's health, I'm surprised he wouldn't have recommended that you both get the updated vaccine immediately. Have you had a recent Omicron infection?

Whatever happens, I wish both of you good health!
Yes we both have been completely vaxxed up to this point. We have nothing against vaccines. We are part of the vaccine generation. I was in the Army there is no telling what was shot into my veins. That is probably what gave me hep C according to the docs. Not what was injected but how it was injected.

Anyway neither of us have had covid that we know of so I guess the vaxs have worked. Now I was very sick the Jan before the first cases were reported. I remember thinking this is the worst Flu I've ever had. So perhaps I had it then.

To be clear our Doc has told us to get vaccinated and we have appointments next week to do so but I'm definitely going to have some questions for him.

5 jabs for me! I had the latest booster 2 weeks ago. All 3 of my docs said, "get it, get it, get it."

I have auto-immune issues and I'm also 60+ and we're going on a cruise next month. Stick me!

The deadline to request that a vote-by-mail ballot be mailed is no later than 5 p.m. on the 10th day before the election. A Supervisor of Elections must mail the ballot out within 2 business days after a request. The last day for a Supervisor to be able to mail out a ballot is 8 days before the election.
FRICK :wall: last day to register was yesterday

Yes...if you haven't registered by now, you lose. I was operating under the assumption you had registered, but just hadn't requested a ballot yet and wanted to...sorry GB.

Yes...if you haven't registered by now, you lose. I was operating under the assumption you had registered, but just hadn't requested a ballot yet and wanted to...sorry GB.
Hey @JIslander: if DeSantis wins by one vote I'mma cut you :rant:

Imma cut myself! I'm pissed --we've just been back and forth so much with pending move and work --traveling to Bmore, then helping fam in Arcadia this past weekend from Ian flood damage --- BUT NO EXCUSES!

Imma cut myself! I'm pissed --we've just been back and forth so much with pending move and work --traveling to Bmore, then helping fam in Arcadia this past weekend from Ian flood damage --- BUT NO EXCUSES!
I totally get it. Years ago, I had been living abroad and moved to NYC in the early fall. Couldn't get my #### together in time to register. When I moved to Florida a few years ago, it was in February of a non-election year, so I had plenty of time.

Early voting is pretty painless if you go early enough. No lines no waiting no fuss no muss. At least here in Lake County . I am using mail in again because that's even easier.

Early voting is pretty painless if you go early enough. No lines no waiting no fuss no muss. At least here in Lake County . I am using mail in again because that's even easier.
Prior to 2020 I always voted in person on Election Day because it was right around the corner from me, had no line, and I kind of liked the tradition of it. The 2020 presidential primary was in the first couple weeks of the pandemic; I initially planned on skipping it (it was obvious Biden was going to win), but then we were driving past the early polling place and decided to run in and do it. By the time of the general election, I ordered a mail-in ballot and then used a drop-off location. That was when all the shenanigans were going on with the postal service, so I wanted to be 100% sure my ballot made it in time.

I expect I'll continue doing mail-in/drop-off ballots going forward; it's very easy and I'm kind of over the whole tradition thing at this point.

Prior to 2020 I always voted in person on Election Day because it was right around the corner from me, had no line, and I kind of liked the tradition of it. The 2020 presidential primary was in the first couple weeks of the pandemic; I initially planned on skipping it (it was obvious Biden was going to win), but then we were driving past the early polling place and decided to run in and do it. By the time of the general election, I ordered a mail-in ballot and then used a drop-off location. That was when all the shenanigans were going on with the postal service, so I wanted to be 100% sure my ballot made it in time.

I expect I'll continue doing mail-in/drop-off ballots going forward; it's very easy and I'm kind of over the whole tradition thing at this point.
I love being able to sit down and actually read about the amendments. Never been able to do that before. Now I can research all I want :thumbup:

I love being able to sit down and actually read about the amendments. Never been able to do that before. Now I can research all I want :thumbup:
One of the main reasons vote by mail is best. Voting on local issues. Local issues inpact day to day life more then national elections. The Presidency is mostly white noise for the other side and judges. Judges only matter if you control the Senate. The house is a joke Democrats and Republicans both sides.

I won’t mail mine. I take it to a Supervisor of Elections location near me.

I actually need to look into if anything's changed with my nearest drop box. I believe the law the legislature passed after 2020 put additional restrictions on those

I actually need to look into if anything's changed with my nearest drop box. I believe the law the legislature passed after 2020 put additional restrictions on those
Yup....need to make sure it's still an option. Several have been removed. Our county added a line for DATE beside signature that must be filled out too.

That was when all the shenanigans were going on with the postal service, so I wanted to be 100% sure my ballot made it in time.
If this is true then vote in person.
This was pre-vax when I was still limiting my indoor activities. I would have done that if it were my only option, but the drop boxes were the perfect solution: quick, outdoors, gave me time to research all the initiatives, and I had zero worries about my ballot arriving on time. The moment you leave your ballot in the drop box, it is as official as if you had voted in person.

I'm fairly certain they still have them, I just haven't looked into what, if anything, has changed

Well after 2 questions I'm glad I voted for Misigoy.
I was ill impressed, but I will say, Demings nailed the "border issue" questions IMO. It's exactly what we should be doing and she's the first politician I've heard utter the words/approach. The rest as "meh".

love being able to sit down and actually read about the amendments. Never been able to do that before. Now I can research all I want :thumbup:
What do you think about them. I voted yes,no and yes. League of women's voters was against the third. I wonder why?
Ha....don't remember what order they were in. :lmao:
1 homestead tax exempt for flood improvement,2 get rid of committee that meets every 20 years for ammendment 3 homestead tax exempt 1st responders.

I think maybe I should have voted yes on #2 after looking into it a little more.

love being able to sit down and actually read about the amendments. Never been able to do that before. Now I can research all I want :thumbup:
What do you think about them. I voted yes,no and yes. League of women's voters was against the third. I wonder why?
1 homestead tax exempt for flood improvement,2 get rid of committee that meets every 20 years for ammendment 3 homestead tax exempt 1st responders.

I think maybe I should have voted yes on #2 after looking into it a little more.
Voted the same as you. Im game for more homestead....wife is a teacher. :thumbup:

Voted the same as you. Im game for more homestead....wife is a teacher. :thumbup:
Props to her. Tough job especially these days.

Just voted no lines no waiting. They asked me about my mail in ballot I told them I would trash it. But I would be in later with my wife's mail in for the drop box. They have a poll worker sitting in front of the drop box. Seems like they have it pretty dialed in. It took a total of maybe 10 minutes. I spent more time bsing with the poll workers than I did voting. Can't help it I'm one of those old southern guys that will talk your ear off in the grocery store if you let me.

Voted for Misigoy for US Senator probably the only vote he will get in all of Lake County lol.

Just voted no lines no waiting. They asked me about my mail in ballot I told them I would trash it. But I would be in later with my wife's mail in for the drop box. They have a poll worker sitting in front of the drop box. Seems like they have it pretty dialed in. It took a total of maybe 10 minutes. I spent more time bsing with the poll workers than I did voting. Can't help it I'm one of those old southern guys that will talk your ear off in the grocery store if you let me.

Voted for Misigoy for US Senator probably the only vote he will get in all of Lake County lol.
For all the crap Florida took after 2000, we've done an amazing job streamlining our election systems in the past two decades. You never hear of long lines at polling places, and the early votes are counted in advance and then released as soon as polls close. I know there was grumbling in 2018, but that seemed to be mostly a function of a) some incompetence in Broward and b) a few super-close statewide races. And even that all got resolved within a week or two, and everyone seemed to accept the results.

I plan on voting yes on all of them. Once I read that committee was part of the reason they got rid of my greyhound racing, I no longer have any use for them.

For all the crap Florida took after 2000, we've done an amazing job streamlining our election systems in the past two decades. You never hear of long lines at polling places, and the early votes are counted in advance and then released as soon as polls close. I know there was grumbling in 2018, but that seemed to be mostly a function of a) some incompetence in Broward and b) a few super-close statewide races. And even that all got resolved within a week or two, and everyone seemed to accept the results.
It's the ultimate irony and quickest way to convert people to crickets in those mail-in voting boogeyman discussions :lmao:

Some eyelashes on this moderator, huh?
I heard the last 30 minutes on my cell phone. The moderator with the long lashes was very good. Charlie Crist is a smooth operator, I'd give him a slight edge in the debate ove DeSantis who seemed robotic. Just now seeing that DeSantis was stumped by the question about whether he'll serve 4 years as governor. Based on polling, Charlie has no chance, but the debate shows that DeSantis might get destroyed in a debate versus Trump, unless he magically is better able to convey personality, empathy, and maybe a little humor.

I actually thought DeSantis did OK. For one thing, he seems to have taken all the fat jokes from a couple months ago to heart. He looks skinnier.

They mostly seemed to be talking past each other, each getting their canned lines in so their social team could have a usable clip. I highly doubt anything that happened tonight is going to change the race.

I actually thought DeSantis did OK. For one thing, he seems to have taken all the fat jokes from a couple months ago to heart. He looks skinnier.

They mostly seemed to be talking past each other, each getting their canned lines in so their social team could have a usable clip. I highly doubt anything that happened tonight is going to change the race.
Nope. Crist is toast.

Nope. Crist is toast.
Yesterday was prep for DeSantis' 2024 presidential run. He did ok, but is not a natural at connecting with an audience using emotion or body language.

Is it wrong that I turned it off before the first question after hearing the "pep rally" like nonsense? I can't imagine I missed much of anything.

Nope. Crist is toast.
Yesterday was prep for DeSantis' 2024 presidential run. He did ok, but is not a natural at connecting with an audience using emotion or body language.
He just isn't warm genuine person. But, he gives the base what they want with his one liners and attack on extreme liberal issues like CRT that don't exist in Florida.

Nope. Crist is toast.
He just isn't warm genuine person. But, he gives the base what they want with his one liners and attack on extreme liberal issues like CRT that don't exist in Florida.
You could tell they had rehearsed that "send an old donkey to pasture" line within an inch of its life.

I wish Crist had hit him harder on the Martha's Vineyard stunt, especially when DeSantis went to the passive, "It's a shame that something like this had to happen to call attention to the problem," as if somehow state funds were magically misappropriated in order to toy with the lives of asylum seekers for his own political aggrandizement

Is it wrong that I turned it off before the first question after hearing the "pep rally" like nonsense? I can't imagine I missed much of anything.
So...against my better judgment I went back and watched. Crist missed some huge opportunities with the selective application of law that is grossly obvious in this administration.

1. Selective outrage against Disney's special district when we have thousands of others.
2. Going after a specific drag show when an entire industry in Key West and/or South Beach remained unaddressed.
3. Throwing the 20 in jail for voting after being sent voter cards and thinking they were doing the right thing while leaving unpunished those in the Villages who admitted to intentional voter fraud.
4. Spending taxpayer dollars on "illegals" in other states while doing nothing to round up the 40-50K known to be in this state already.

I could keep going, but you get the idea. It's no surprise they missed these opportunities. DeSantis has really been gifted a bunch of goofs as opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread