What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida Politics (1 Viewer)

I can't find any info on quoting with the new board in the help section so I'll ask it here:

How do you post the cool looking quotes with the little thumbnail image and the lead paragraph?

They are going to load the Ian bill up with so much pork that Desantis will look bad going with it or against it. The politicizing of this event began before it even hit, and I don't expect it to end anytime soon.

The Sandy bill was like 50 billion.

So my 2022 FL vote is cast! Love the mail in. I did not vote for DeSantis or Rubio.

I did vote a write in for the 12th district of congress to whup Gus Bilirakis- Rusty Colts.
Haven't seen mail in yet . I'll probably just do early voting. Not that I have anything against mail in ballots we have it dialed in down here.

Did you happen to see if Misigoy was on the ballot?

They are going to load the Ian bill up with so much pork that Desantis will look bad going with it or against it. The politicizing of this event began before it even hit, and I don't expect it to end anytime soon.

The Sandy bill was like 50 billion.
DeSantis? If we're talking about a federal bill, how can DeSantis "go against it"? Rubio/Scott, sure.

So Lake County using New system to keep track of mail in votes. It's called ballottrax not sure if other counties are using it. I think there is a link to check if your county uses it.

Voter News Bulletin​

Inspection of Ballots--Reasonable Access - Tuesday, October 4, 2022​

Florida Statute 101.572(2)
Inspection of Ballots--Reasonable Access

BALLOTTRAX--A Vote-by-Mail Resource for Lake County Voters - Monday, August 1, 2022​

Supervisor of Elections, Alan Hays, is pleased to announce the implementation of BallotTrax, a complete mail ballot locator and notification system to enhance the vote-by-mail experience of Lake County voters.
The significance of BallotTrax for Lake Countians is an increase in voter confidence said Hays. “With BallotTrax, voters can track when their vote-by-mail ballot was mailed out from our office, when it was received by our office and even be alerted to issues such as signature verification or returned undeliverable. They can even sign up to receive notifications and alerts in time frames which are convenient for their life-style,” stated Hays.
The signup process is simple and secure with customizable notifications. The Supervisor of Elections Office encourages voters to take advantage of this resource tool for the peace of mind it offers for the mail-in process.
Voters can sign up today at lakevotes.ballottrax.net.
For election related questions, please contact your trusted source of information, the Lake County Supervisor of Elections office at 352-343-9734.

This is my guy for US Senate.

I'm trying to watch this, but life keeps happening :lol:
He probably won't even get 1% of the vote,but at least I will be happy with my vote. Proud to say I've never cast a vote for Rubio. Demmings a definite no go for me. So Libertarian is the way to go.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the concept of placing a vote that will have no effect on the outcome other than benefitting the favorite.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the concept of placing a vote that will have no effect on the outcome other than benefitting the favorite.
For me it's simple....as long as I can determine that the individual is relatively on the up and up morals wise, it's not about the person, it's about the ideas and ideals. I vote for those over the person. Biden is the first Dem or Repub I ever voted for in a national election, but it wasn't because of his ideas/ideals. I agreed with a few, but not many. I voted for him because Trump is pretty much a corrupt POS and a shell of a human being IMO. That always comes first to me. I couldn't even get to the politics of it all in the last vote because there was such an obvious difference in the "human being" department.

The reason I won't vote for Demings is quite simple. It's not what she has done or how she voted or how she might vote or do in the future. It's about what she did not do at the time it was happening.

Demings was a good Chief of Police for Orlando. She was a LEO for almost 30 years.
Being a LEO is like being a Vet it's a brotherhood. Where was she for her brothers and sisters when all the defund the police nonsense was being spouted. Not once when it was happening did she stand up and denounce it as any prior LEO should have. Instead she waits until months before her election to voice her support for LEOS. If she had stood up and voiced her support when it was happening Instead of when it was convenient then she would have my support.

I think you will have another chance to vote for another Demings next FL Governor election cycle. I think Jerry Demings will run he is Orange County Mayor and prior to that was Orange County sheriff. He has done a good job at both.

So Dank Brandon says he'll leave marijuana up to the states while working on decrim at the federal level.

I expect the gov who previously stated he does not like the smell of it and notes how everyone wants a license to sell it will be pretty quiet about it until after the election.

When is the gas tax stuff supposed to take effect? Our prices are up higher now than they were 4-5 weeks ago....diesel has remained relatively the same price this whole time though. :oldunsure:

When is the gas tax stuff supposed to take effect? Our prices are up higher now than they were 4-5 weeks ago....diesel has remained relatively the same price this whole time though. :oldunsure:
On now as far as I know. .25 cents so might not even notice if the price increase .20 cent a day like they have in the past.

On now as far as I know. .25 cents so might not even notice if the price increase .20 cent a day like they have in the past.
Ours havent budged :lol:

And tonight diesel shot to 4.99 a gallon.....hasnt been that high for months.

So Dank Brandon says he'll leave marijuana up to the states while working on decrim at the federal level.

I expect the gov who previously stated he does not like the smell of it and notes how everyone wants a license to sell it will be pretty quiet about it until after the election.
Par for the course

Prices for regular gas are falling like a stone in Miami. I paid $3.29 earlier today, but I’ve seen a couple places below $3 this week

Prices for regular gas are falling like a stone in Miami. I paid $3.29 earlier today, but I’ve seen a couple places below $3 this week
That's what ours is now....was $3.07 a couple weeks ago. Is this not a mandatory thing I guess?

DeSantis' hand-picked Surgeon General is back promoting antivax junk science via a flawed study that claims mRNA vaccines increase risk of cardiac death. Twitter flagged his post as misinformation, which made DeSantis' paid Twitter troll sad.
I'm not clicking his links to give him the traffic...we know the source, but curious....what are the "non-mRNA vaccines" he's using and how did he get the results to those in order to make the statement "Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks"? Is that statement because he didn't look at "Non-mRNA vaccines"? :lol:

DeSantis' hand-picked Surgeon General is back promoting antivax junk science via a flawed study that claims mRNA vaccines increase risk of cardiac death. Twitter flagged his post as misinformation, which made DeSantis' paid Twitter troll sad.
I'm not clicking his links to give him the traffic...we know the source, but curious....what are the "non-mRNA vaccines" he's using and how did he get the results to those in order to make the statement "Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks"? Is that statement because he didn't look at "Non-mRNA vaccines"? :lol:
Non-mRNA vaccine = ivermectin + Clorox + tongue of newt

Do you trust DeSantis' appointed Fl surgeon general Dr. Ladapo?

The concerns prompted Twitter to take down a tweet from Ladapo as misinformation, as shown in a screenshot shared by Bryan Griffin, Press Secretary for Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“Twitter censored data posted by the Florida State Surgeon General that showed an increase risk of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination,” Griffin said. “This is an unacceptable and Orwellian move for narrative over fact.”

Gas is going back up with OPEC announcing their cuts. So, you are getting the tax break.
I'm talking about now and since the beginning of the month. OPEC shortfalls begin next month. I have yet to see the prices go down around me, but others are seeing it. Just wondering why :shrug:

Ronnie D went after the state legislator, when they were fumbling around tryin to get the med mj laws into place.

Got my mail in ballot on Saturday. :pickle:
Me too. I'm going to be out of town on Election Day, so I better get mine done soon.
I haven't heard what they're going to do for those who have been displaced. Any word on that?
No idea
Will be interesting to watch....is that area "Trumpian" in nature? It's sad to feel like I have to ask that question, but it seems relevant in today's political culture.

Me too. I'm going to be out of town on Election Day, so I better get mine done soon.
I haven't heard what they're going to do for those who have been displaced. Any word on that?
No idea
Will be interesting to watch....is that area "Trumpian" in nature?
It's in Florida so I'm going to say yes.

No idea
Will be interesting to watch....is that area "Trumpian" in nature?
It's in Florida so I'm going to say yes.
Wife and I were just in Arcadia this weekend helping out a close friend whose place flooded badly -- they left by John boat at 130 AM during storm -- the town is a mess and i'm sure many displaced -- but yeah, pretty much Trumpian -

Passing this along as an informational resource. It's hardly a disinterested source, but I wasn't aware of this amendment at all, and I suspect others may be in the same boat:

Common Cause on Amendment 2 (Florida Constitution Revision Commission)
I'd vote "no" on this. However, it's complete and total :bs: that the legislature "bundle" anything. Each application for an amendment should be handled independently. If a group/cause wants to bundle several things together in their proposal, that's fine. It's total ********* that the legislature would retroactively "bundle" things together. Not much different than writing into law things that weren't part of an amendment proposal (hello amendment 4 on felony voters!!!).

The concerns prompted Twitter to take down a tweet from Ladapo as misinformation, as shown in a screenshot shared by Bryan Griffin, Press Secretary for Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“Twitter censored data posted by the Florida State Surgeon General that showed an increase risk of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination,” Griffin said. “This is an unacceptable and Orwellian move for narrative over fact.”

Health Nerd, an Aussie epidemiologist, has an easy to understand look at the data. He's not so much concerned that it hasn't been published or that there are no authors. He concludes that a better title of the press release would've been "COVID-19 VACCINES ASSOCIATED WITH REDUCED RISK OF DEATH AND NON-CARDIAC DEATH IN YOUNG PEOPLE". And the DOH press release shows "This effect is even bigger for younger people - for someone aged 18-39, getting a COVID-19 vaccination was associated with a whopping 45% (23-61%) reduction in non-cardiac death! Huge!".

AFAIK, Ladapo hasn't stated whether he got any vaccine. Which doesn't help with elevated vaccine hesitancy in black people.

This Jimmy Dore episode was pretty interesting.

Hey GB....did you take the time to look at the process Ladapo used to form his conclusions? If not, I'd start with the link provided just above your post.

Hey GB....did you take the time to look at the process Ladapo used to form his conclusions? If not, I'd start with the link provided just above your post.
No but I will. I just thought the Dore episode was interesting. He does get a little histrionic at times. I will say when they brought up that men over 60 had 10% more chances of having a heart episode it concerned me.

Neither my wife or myself have had the new Vax yet. Our Doc said to wait until Oct. Well we are here now. Thing is we are both wondering if it's even worthwhile.

No but I will. I just thought the Dore episode was interesting. He does get a little histrionic at times. I will say when they brought up that men over 60 had 10% more chances of having a heart episode it concerned me.

Neither my wife or myself have had the new Vax yet. Our Doc said to wait until Oct. Well we are here now. Thing is we are both wondering if it's even worthwhile.
Obviously, you should defer to your doctor over some random schmoe on a message board, but given your age and the issues you've mentioned with your wife's health, I'm surprised he wouldn't have recommended that you both get the updated vaccine immediately. Have you had a recent Omicron infection?

Whatever happens, I wish both of you good health!

Users who are viewing this thread