What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W16 - New England @ New York Jets (1 Viewer)

Dynasty

Footballguy
It's a bit sad knowing tonight is the final ABC Monday Night Football game. It won't be the same with the game on cable's ESPN.We may be getting a weak matchup with the Patriots and the Jets. But, I assume ABC will show lots of highlights from the last three decades.And, of course, many of us still have Fantasy Super Bowls on the line in this game.

I am conducting the Tom Brady :pickle: Pickle Train :pickle: for those of us who have Fantasy Super Bowls in the hands of the quarterback tonight.I go into tonight's game trailing by just a small margin (148.10 to 143.43). I have Brady and WR David Givens left to play. My opponent has LB Richard Seymour (an IDP league) going tonight.Who's riding the Tom Brady :pickle: Pickle Train :pickle: with me?

Wow. Pats go for it on 4th and 1 early. I suppose being at the Jets 41 makes it a much easier call.

Is that the ultimate disgrace of a defensive player? To have another Defensive player score on you?Nice to see that the Jets actually showed up for this game, as there was not a lot of incentive to play hard today. The sad truth is just that they're not very good, and working hard only makes the Patriot scoring drives take longer.

A guy in my league's consolation game has Dillon. I'm sure he was upset when he saw the Pats pass on the 1 yard line...until he heard one of his IDPs, Vrabel, caught the pass for a TD.

At this point I need four points from Vinatieri to win one of my leagues Dynasty Bowls.(Plus I cant have him miss any extra points.) :shock:

The worst thing to happen to the Patriots defense is to lose more of their secondary.He landed on his knee kind of hard. But, Michaels was saying Samuel got a knee to the helmet.

The Jets can't get one freaking break. They get a gift call from the Refs, only to have a TV timeout give Belichek enough time to watch 8 replays and see that he has an easy challenge win in front of him.

The Jets can't get one freaking break. They get a gift call from the Refs, only to have a TV timeout give Belichek enough time to watch 8 replays and see that he has an easy challenge win in front of him.
I hope you are correct.

:suds:

They got the ruling on the field. That's a break.Now there has to be conclusive visual evidence to overturn it.

anyone know if TDs by the def count against the other DEF? i.e. I'm playing NE DEF so do those 7 pts count as points allowed? I'm playing in a yahoo league..

anyone know if TDs by the def count against the other DEF? i.e. I'm playing NE DEF so do those 7 pts count as points allowed? I'm playing in a yahoo league..
Last year, that TD would not count against the NE DEF. I'm not sure about this year.

1 pt will count

Bizarre play-calling by the Patriots so far. Madden's right, they're trying to turn the game into a "run scrimmage." The question, though, is why?

Bizarre play-calling by the Patriots so far. Madden's right, they're trying to turn the game into a "run scrimmage." The question, though, is why?
The Patriots passing game is top notch. They need their running game to also be if they want to win the Super Bowl. So, they might as well do all they can to get it working in these last two regular season games.

The Patriots passing game is top notch. They need their running game to also be if they want to win the Super Bowl. So, they might as well do all they can to get it working in these last two regular season games.
True, but they also need to win and Dillon's not looking very assertive running the ball. A little more diversity would help them build a big lead and then they could pound away with the running game.

Is there a prop bet as to whether or not Ed Hochuli will take his lips off Belichek's booty long enough to call holding against the Patriots? I'll take the under on that one.

True, but they also need to win and Dillon's not looking very assertive running the ball. A little more diversity would help them build a big lead and then they could pound away with the running game.
I agree in the sense that the Pats probably need to establish the pass to set up the run rather than the more traditional approach.

Because they know I need Vilma to get a lot of tackles tonight, thank you very much!

Edwards said last week there was a chance he'd play Vinny in this game. I'd say he might want to make the move the next time the Jets get the ball back. Bollinger's terrible and he looks like garbage tonight.

How many times does NE have to run the play fake from the 1 before teams catch onto it?
:shrug:
:lmao: Cut the Jets some slack. It was a totally different play. That second TD was a 2 yard pass to the linebacker turned receiver Vrabel rather than the 1 yard pass earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Herm Edwards is too good of a man to have his team just not show up tonight. Does anyone on this Jets team have heart?

The Patriots just might rest everybody in Week 17 considering how players are going down in this game.

The Patriots just might rest everybody in Week 17 considering how players are going down in this game.
I'm worried they might pull Brady and Dillon if they score on this first drive of the second half.

Users who are viewing this thread