What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Well Soon GB Maurile Tremblay (3 Viewers)

Wow, sorry to hear about your illness Maurile.  Best thoughts and wishes sent your way!  You are truly one of the giants on this board and hopefully you return fully healthy real soon!

ETA: Do you know if they plan to re-attach the colon during surgery, or will you need a colostomy bag? After 8 months with a bag, I was just reconnected a couple weeks back, still homebound but healing up well.  Either way, hardly the end of the world, so if you have questions on that front if needed, let me know here or in PM.
I'll need a bag for a while. Eight months sounds like a long time -- I think the doc said it would just be a few weeks, but maybe I misunderstood.

I'll need a bag for a while. Eight months sounds like a long time -- I think the doc said it would just be a few weeks, but maybe I misunderstood.
Well, start your negotiations with 1 week. That way, if they DO start at 8 months, you can probably get it 2 months, max, as long as you don't fold.

I had a few issues going in, so it was expected to be at least 6 months.  At least with my condition, it usually at least 3-4 months or so, but you are dealing with something different, so I wouldn't go off my experience.  Mine was a very acute and serious issue going in (sepsis and a bacterial infection unrelated to the actual diverticulitis created a really bad situation), so not the baseline to judge from. Thank goodness.

Let's hope you only have a few weeks, but either way they are pretty vague when it comes to actually living with things during recovery. You sorta just get thrown into the fire and need to learn, so I'll be happy to help if possible.  The daily maintenance and dealing with everything... it's overwhelming at first, but you will learn and adjust quicker than you'd expect.

Hey MT, my dad beat colon cancer twice in his lifetime and ended up dieing of old age.  You got this, no problem. 

Having a good attitude about these things seems to help and, unsurprisingly, you seem to be acing things on that front.  Best of luck with the surgery and follow-up treatments.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Yes, but all streaming sites (Netflix, HBO Go, YouTube, etc.) and most social media sites (everything but Facebook, as far as I can tell) are blocked.
Make friends with a nurse or someone that will give you the non-public wifi ssid. ;)

Maurile!

Maurile!

Maurile!

All the best to a quick and pain free recovery.  Thank goodness you sought medical attention because I know someone who died of the same thing. 

MT - probably the smartest FGB.  Thoughts and prayers.  Very best to you.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Thanks, everyone! I'll give the story as best I can.

Fifteen days ago I had a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen along with fever, headache, and general malaise. Nine days ago I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and checked me into a hospital room.

Skipping ahead a bit, it appears that I had a perforated colon that leaked into my abdominal cavity, causing infection and abscess. They were having a lot of trouble draining the abscess, but it appears to be finally draining okay now. The more important issue was: what caused the perforation? After several more CT scans and a colonoscopy, they're pretty sure the answer is colon cancer.

So I'm having surgery Tuesday to remove part of my colon. After that, I'm probably looking at chemo and radiation, but that will be figured out after the surgery.

I will probably make some funny posts on Tuesday night when I'm on drugs.

I'm emotionally fine with it all. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.
Reading this puts things in perspective as I was pissed off and pouting because I shot a 90 today golfing. Hope all goes well MT.

On behalf of myself and the other 4 Charger fans on this board, get through this as quickly as possible, we were all hoping you'd be taking over the GM job next year.

Good luck MT.  You're one of the few voices of reason around here.  Glad you went to see the doctor when you knew something wasn't right.  Just lost a co-worker because he refused to do so.

This place is family.  We hurt when one of our own is hurting.  Maurile - our thoughts and prayers are with you.  Need you and your wit around for many, many more decades....Take care GB

This is like the 4th time I've tried to post in this thread, and words aren't working. MT, go get this thing. If mind over matter has anything to do with it, you have one of the finest minds on the planet: you will get this done.

Best wishes Maurile.  As someone with a semicolon myself (due to colon cancer), drop a line if you have any questions or worries you may find too "sensitive" for the board.  I also underwent chemo and radiation so I can commiserate with you on that as well.

As someone else noted, you were very smart to not wait when you started having symptoms, the worst of which had to be general malaise.  Was he still rocking the mullet?

Users who are viewing this thread