What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys You Actively Root For to Lose (3 Viewers)

And it's funny because Leonard was the athlete i hated most for decades. I interviewed the entire '76 Olympic boxing team (the late great Howard Davis & Big John Tate, Spinks Bros & Sugar) for ABC Radio at their training camp in Vermont and come away reeeeally hating the candyass kid with Wheaties boxes in his eyes. Made a fortune (first time i ever bet four figs) on the Duran fight, lost most of it back (tho i avoided the 'no mas' rematch) on Hearns, Hagler etc. But i'd sorely love to see him decimate that serial abuser of women & PPV suckers.
I'm barely old enough to remember, but I remember when the middleweights dominated the fight game, or at least it was the most interesting in town. Love to see Mayweather get thrown around in that era. 

Anybody from the 1972 undefeated Dolphins.

The NY Giants, except when they play the Cowboys, who I root against more. Also Jerry Jones.

Mark Davis/Raiders.

I used to root against Sergio but I think he's grown up some, so I've come around a bit. See also Pete Carroll.

Jim Harbaugh.

Tom Brady.

Buddy Ryan.

Rex Ryan.

OBJ.

Eli. Guy will go to HOF because of two catches (Tyree and Manningham) but he's not deserving.

Colin Montgomerie.

Phil Simms.

Lebron.

Lavar Ball.

And it's funny because Leonard was the athlete i hated most for decades. I interviewed the entire '76 Olympic boxing team (the late great Howard Davis & Big John Tate, Spinks Bros & Sugar) for ABC Radio at their training camp in Vermont and come away reeeeally hating the candyass kid with Wheaties boxes in his eyes. Made a fortune (first time i ever bet four figs) on the Duran fight, lost most of it back (tho i avoided the 'no mas' rematch) on Hearns, Hagler etc. But i'd sorely love to see him decimate that serial abuser of women & PPV suckers.
The Leonard/Duran fights were at 147.

Mayweather was never gonna go past 154, and even then for only select opponents. His dad said that he wasnt going to fight "a damn giant", in re GGG.

He picked his opps very carefully and got the benefit of the doubt on the cards, which is a good formula for getting people to root against you.

I'm barely old enough to remember, but I remember when the middleweights dominated the fight game, or at least it was the most interesting in town. Love to see Mayweather get thrown around in that era. 
I think he would be competitive against all four, def. Wouldnt beat all four. He doesnt make for exciting fights when he's at his best, and he is a garbage human being, but he could really box in his prime. 

I think he would be competitive against all four, def. Wouldnt beat all four. He doesnt make for exciting fights when he's at his best, and he is a garbage human being, but he could really box in his prime. 
Yeah, he could. I also shouldn't really talk about boxing, but that interested me. I remember Hagler, who was my favorite of the bunch along with Marlon Starling from CT, who got quite a bit of pub in that area of weight.  

I am basically a lifelong Baltimorean sports wise so...

Ben Roethlesberger.  

The entire Patriots organization

The New York Yankees

Good thread 

Ohio State football

Boston Red Sux 

Dallas Cowboys 

Everything Chicago sans Cubs 

Everything Cleveland sans Mayfield 

Longhorns 

Fake Army U (TAMU) 

Florida because it employed Urban Meyer 

USC 

Yankees 

AC Milan

Michigan State
Same, plus Arsenal, Cristiano Ronaldo and Brazil/Neymar.

Agree with most everything in here except the Chase Utley comments? :confused:   He's one of the hardest working, most respected players in the game. Once heard a visiting announcer say "he's your favorite player's favorite player".

Do you hate Cal Ripken too?

Germany and Japan, because WWII.

Anybody trying to cut in line or being a jerk.

Kanye and the Kardashians

Bill Cosby

Agree with most everything in here except the Chase Utley comments? :confused:   He's one of the hardest working, most respected players in the game. Once heard a visiting announcer say "he's your favorite player's favorite player".

Do you hate Cal Ripken too?

I'm pretty sure you could say the same thing about Tom Brady, and he's never broken a guy's leg on a dirty play.

I'm pretty sure you could say the same thing about Tom Brady, and he's never broken a guy's leg on a dirty play.
Some guys are listed here because we're sick of seeing them win all the time (Saban, Belichick, Brady, Lebron). Some guys are listed here because they're scumbags (Meyer, Braun, Puig, Big Ben). Just don't think Utley fits either of these categories. Guess I didn't realize there we so many Reuben Tejada fans.  :shrug:

I'm conflicted. I really despise Urban Meyer. Never liked the man or his teams. He always struck me as full of himself and willing to put anyone on the field no matter what in an effort to win at all costs. We actually knew one of the OSU players that was in line to get a lot of playing time with the Buckeyes, but then Meyer came in and took over the program and told the kid he wasn't going to play with him as the head coach.

However, it pains me to say all that as our son goes to OSU, is a rapid OSU fan, and never misses a game. It's tough rooting for . . . and against . . . a team at the same time.  :wall:

1. Jerry Jones

2. Daniel Snyder

3. Bob Kraft

4. ROOOOONEYS!

5. Stan Kroenke

6. Steve Bisciotti

7-31. You get the picture.

Also, every D1 college football and men's basketball coach.

• Every individual on the roster, coaching staff, and any other position in the Raiders, Chiefs, or Chargers organizations.
  • Josh McDaniels
  • Lane Kiffin
  • The Detroit Redwings

That's a start...

Edited to add the Cubs to my list just for tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread