What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How does FBG communicate to the staff? (1 Viewer)

fridayfrenzy

Footballguy
I am just curious....

-How does FBG communicate with the staff (phone, e-mail, in person, chat room, etc)?

-Does any of the staff meet together in person?

-Does Joe and Dodds delegate the items they want tackled by the staff, or does staff have to meet a quota of articles, ideas to bring to the table?

-What is staff's pay based on (hours worked, salary, articles produced, etc.)?

If these questions are too personal, or out of the scope of what you want released, then I apologize, but I was just thinking of these items and curious how it worked.

There is a staff/moderator forum where they talk #### about everyone.

I do believe they cornhole.

Clayton and Shick run the show since David is busy with poker and Joe is off selling boats.

Not sure on the pay, but I do know that Rudnicki guy is underpaid.

Last edited by a moderator:
-How does FBG communicate with the staff (phone, e-mail, in person, chat room, etc)?
Mostly by email, but the phone lines are always open too. Joe and I talk once a week for about an hour via the phone and likely another 60-100 messages a week. We do have a staff message board where certain items are routinely discussed as well.
We had a huge get together in Vegas this offseason where we rented two big homes and got people together to talk about the upcoming season. A smaller group of people and I meet once a year in Nashville as well.
-Does Joe and Dodds delegate the items they want tackled by the staff, or does staff have to meet a quota of articles, ideas to bring to the table?
It's a little of both. Most people are hired/placed into roles for Footballguys.com. Examples of some of those roles:Bob Henry (Depthcharts, Camp Updates, Waiver Wire Report, Offensive Sleepers, Projections forward). David Shick (Message Board)Bruce Henderson (Dominator Products)Keith Overton (Tech lead - Hardware)as for articles, that is usually wide open in the preseason. We all choose things we would like to write about and then do them. We have stated amounts we pay for virtually every function / task. Things like rankings, faceoffs, special projects are filled first-come first-serve. In-season article ideas get submitted to me by week 2 and then we decide on which will be weekly features for the website going forward.
Articles get paid based on length/depth and difficulty. Most tasks have predetermined dollars set forth before one even signs up to do them. Some tasks (managing ads, Bruce's work, etc) are arrived at not based on tasks completed or hours worked. They are negotiated beforehand.We pay two times. Once at the end of the preseason and also at the end of the regular season. if we do well as a company, then we give end of year bonuses based on the culmination of the things someone did for the website.

Kleck must be Aaron's alt. :bye:
I wish!Forgot to add earlier…

Just like the conspiracy theory about the CIA controlling the government and country, it’s actually real here and the FBG CIA is Memphis and Drinen. Don’t mess with them.

And Maxwell is like the mafia. There may not be any direct links to him being involved, but don’t believe the rumors, he’s very much alive and has roots to everything.

Mostly by email, but the phone lines are always open too. Joe and I talk once a week for about an hour via the phone and likely another 60-100 messages a week. We do have a staff message board where certain items are routinely discussed as well.

We had a huge get together in Vegas this offseason where we rented two big homes and got people together to talk about the upcoming season. A smaller group of people and I meet once a year in Nashville as well.
It's a little of both. Most people are hired/placed into roles for Footballguys.com. Examples of some of those roles:Bob Henry (Depthcharts, Camp Updates, Waiver Wire Report, Offensive Sleepers, Projections forward).

David Shick (Message Board)

Bruce Henderson (Dominator Products)

Keith Overton (Tech lead - Hardware)

as for articles, that is usually wide open in the preseason. We all choose things we would like to write about and then do them. We have stated amounts we pay for virtually every function / task. Things like rankings, faceoffs, special projects are filled first-come first-serve. In-season article ideas get submitted to me by week 2 and then we decide on which will be weekly features for the website going forward.

Articles get paid based on length/depth and difficulty. Most tasks have predetermined dollars set forth before one even signs up to do them. Some tasks (managing ads, Bruce's work, etc) are arrived at not based on tasks completed or hours worked. They are negotiated beforehand.We pay two times. Once at the end of the preseason and also at the end of the regular season.

if we do well as a company, then we give end of year bonuses based on the culmination of the things someone did for the website.
Thanks for quenching my curiosity about my questions.

And Maxwell is like the mafia. There may not be any direct links to him being involved, but don’t believe the rumors, he’s very much alive and has roots to everything.
Has anyone seen Jimmy Hoffa lately?

And Maxwell is like the mafia.  There may not be any direct links to him being involved, but don’t believe the rumors, he’s very much alive and has roots to everything.
Has anyone seen Jimmy Hoffa lately?
I have a feeling that we will see him resurface in the next day or so. He has been swamped at work I hear.

I thought they all had telepathic powers, and were experts in mind control.
i implanted this thought in your mind & compelled you to post...

string and styrofoam cup down?

We had a huge get together in Vegas this offseason where we rented two big homes
Something seems fishy about this... you guys went to Vegas, rented two homes and discussed football? I can't imagine that's all that went on there ;)

It goes something like this:

Carlton:

Good Morning today you need to

GET MY FREAKING COFFEE, SERIOUSLY, RIGHT FREAKING NOW!

Rank the top 150 QBs looking out 10 years,

I need detailed thoughts on Alex Bannister vs Reggie Germany vs Kevin Kasper vs Freddie Mitchel vs Ken-Yon Rambo by Noon EST,

Is your 5 page article on the Metaphysics of Kick Returners Ready? It goes live at 3pm, No rush, you've got a couple hours.

I need 5 Spotlights by 2pm.

Hey, just noticed you only have 2 Faceoffs a week, let me add another 4 for you.

Staff:

Thank you sir, may I have another.

We had a huge get together in Vegas this offseason where we rented two big homes
Something seems fishy about this... you guys went to Vegas, rented two homes and discussed football? I can't imagine that's all that went on there ;)
Call this an unfair generalization if you must, but it's all Carlton's fault. :banned: :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread