What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long did it take your wife/gf to get pregnant? (1 Viewer)

I'm not asking whether my friend is dumb

• First try

Votes: 79 37.4%
  • 1-3 months/cycles

Votes: 58 27.5%
  • 3-6 months/cycles

Votes: 22 10.4%
  • 6 - 12 months

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • 1 year plus

Votes: 37 17.5%

• Total voters
How do some of you guys know it was one shot the first time? Do you only have sex once and then wait for the results?
It just means that their wives or girlfriends got pregnant before even having one period/cycle after getting off birth control.
xYou can work backwards to about the day or so that she must have gotten pregnant.

Wife and I, pre-marriage, came home craphoused after brunch one day. Decided to have one try without ejecting, figuring it probably wouldn't work. We've now got a three year old.
:o She wasn't on birth control? Speaking of which. Do guys with gf's on birth control wear condoms? I do, but what is the consensus?
The consensus is that you are unnecessarily ruining your sex life with a sheath of latex. I've been relying on BC only for 8 years, and so far I'm still enjoying fetus-free living.

How do some of you guys know it was one shot the first time? Do you only have sex once and then wait for the results?
It just means that their wives or girlfriends got pregnant before even having one period/cycle after getting off birth control.
x

You can work backwards to about the day or so that she must have gotten pregnant.

Wife and I, pre-marriage, came home craphoused after brunch one day. Decided to have one try without ejecting, figuring it probably wouldn't work. We've now got a three year old.
:o She wasn't on birth control? Speaking of which. Do guys with gf's on birth control wear condoms? I do, but what is the consensus?
Birth control? I pull out before I make a mess, that's how we do birth control, always has been. Never had an issue. Except the times we decided to test the biology. Everything works.

Much prefer not bagging it. But it's been a while since I've found a woman I'd trust to keep up her end of the deal on pills. Unless she's got an IUD I'm using a condom.

x

You can work backwards to about the day or so that she must have gotten pregnant.

Huh, didn't know that. My only run-in with this issue in my past was a medical professional stating she could pinpoint it to within a week. Luckily for me that was enough to relieve me of all liability.

x

Pre-real job days I was always super careful. Started out ridiculously careful in college where my gf and I did the trifecta: pills, condom, early ejection.* Generally moved on to bagging it even if I knew the girl was on birth control. Always bagged for a girl who I hadn't entered into a relationship with. Eventually started to relax a bit about 25 and after I had my job... wasn't freaked out so much by the crushing blow a child would have on my life and, frankly, I became pretty darn confident with my ejection skills that I wasn't afraid of pulling a Goose and would usually strategize to be in a safer position/option where, to the contrary of what I was told in catholic school, pregnancy wasn't possible. With RacistEx she was never on birth control and I never bagged and we never even had a scare (not suggesting this as looking back this was way too risky on my part). Never bagged with my wife, although she's always been on a form of BC.

*She was pretty gracious on where I was allowed to eject, so it created an incentive to avoid close calls.

Good luck to your friend. Hopefully he doesn't have to blow 50 grand on fertility treatments to get two boys like my friend did.

Good luck to your friend. Hopefully he doesn't have to blow 50 grand on fertility treatments to get two boys like my friend did.
And hopefully he's not like my friend that didn't have sex - AT ALL - during the entire pregnancy two different times.

2 for 1 :$:

And hopefully he's not like my friend that didn't have sex - AT ALL - during the entire pregnancy two different times.
oof

I'm pretty certain he doesn't have 50k to spend on that… so yeah I hope your luck wish comes true.

I'm in this now. Really sucks. Luckily I've only got 8 weeks to go which feels like easy time given the last 32...

I'm in this now. Really sucks. Luckily I've only got 8 weeks to go which feels like easy time given the last 32...
My 2nd daughter is scheduled for Feb 5th. You?

My 2nd daughter is scheduled for Feb 5th. You?
Second daughter about a week later. :highfive:

My 2nd daughter is 2.5 weeks old. Same boat with the no sexy time. Brutal. Have another 4ish weeks and even then its no guarantee if things aren't perfect. Got some blue dots but those were few and far between. Don't expect things will be the same at all during or after. They won't be.

They say it takes about 2-3 months for a girl to adjust to coming off the pill. We took that into account because we knew we wanted to try this year. First time we "tried" we succeeded.

They say it takes about 2-3 months for a girl to adjust to coming off the pill. We took that into account because we knew we wanted to try this year. First time we "tried" we succeeded.
Overachiever.

My wife was on an IUD. We've been advised it's immediately possible for us.

Same thing happened to my friend. Gestational diabetes and massive weight gain during the 2 pregnancies (76 and 95 lbs) made things very difficult for the wife. Fortunately she worked her ### off on the weight loss after.

With our first it happened the first time we did not use protection - hard to believe but true. The night of my brothers wedding. Our wedding date then had to be moved up from June to February and our daughter was born in June.

All of our other children were planned and all 4 boys were concieved the first month we tried. So either my wife or I is extremely fertile apparently. I should have planned it better.

The benefit of having so many kids is that she now sublets her uterus to Barnum & Bailey as a clown car. The drawback is I am never allowed to drive that car.

Good luck woz. I know everyone likes to give you #### but i dont think its called for when it comes to this stuff.

Four kids, three were very quick, within a month or two. One(our second) took quite a while. At about the six month mark we went to a fertility clinic. A few days before I was scheduled to do my thing in a cup for testing we found out my wife was pregnant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wifey had iud removed a year ago. Still trying. She did get pregnant in sept but miscarried. They deal with this stuff emotionally so tell your buddy to be sensitive or he might step in some hot water.

shadyridr said:
El Floppo said:
Zow said:
Update: my "friend" and his wife are now skating with 6 skaters on the ice.

:scared:
Congrats?

I have no idea what you mean. Is this kinda like a key party?
he pulled the goalie
:doh:

thanks. but I was really hoping it was more like a key party.

and good luck, Wozzow. :thumbup:
shadyridr said:
Good luck woz. I know everyone likes to give you #### but i dont think its called for when it comes to this stuff.
Thanks.

Im not sure I even got my pants down... Im like a virus evidently :o
i jizz right in my pants every time you're next to meAnd when we're holding hands it's like having sex to me

You say I'm premature, I just call it ecstasy

I wear a rubber at all times, it's a necessity

If the woman is really into getting pregnant... charting her cycle, including taking her temperature, etc.... they can pinpoint the fertile day(s) pretty precisely.
And conversely, if a woman is having second thoughts after marriage and is unsure about wanting to have kids with him, she can use this system to avoid getting pregnant while still convincing the husband that she's trying.

I can't wait for all the awesome Woz threads to come if he's able to knock up his wife.

"Hey guys, what do you do to keep your wife from yelling at you when she's pregnant?"

"Hey guys, how long was your wife pregnant before she gave birth?"
"Hey guys, Shouldn't 5 years be enough time for a woman to lose her baby weight?"

"Hey guys, pump and dump or store it?"
"Hey guys, whats the best temperature for the breast milk when feeding the kiddo?"

"Hey guys, Shouldn't 10 years be enough time for a woman to lose her baby weight?"

I can't wait for all the awesome Woz threads to come if he's able to knock up his wife.

"Hey guys, what do you do to keep your wife from yelling at you when she's pregnant?"

"Hey guys, how long was your wife pregnant before she gave birth?"

"Hey guys, Shouldn't 5 years be enough time for a woman to lose her baby weight?"

"Hey guys, pump and dump or store it?"

"Hey guys, whats the best temperature for the breast milk when feeding the kiddo?"

"Hey guys, Shouldn't 10 years be enough time for a woman to lose her baby weight?"
I'm pretty sure Otis has covered all of these.

Users who are viewing this thread