What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How serious is AP's injury (1 Viewer)

SportsMumboJumbo

Footballguy
Just found out this morning that AP's back is hurting him, how serious is this and do you think he will struggle this week if he plays against a tough SF d

I feel like there is no avoiding AP getting hurt the way he runs. He is such an animal when he runs its just improbable that he will [play every game this year.

I am starting Chet as a flex, have a feeling he will be getting some extra work this week.

I feel like there is no avoiding AP getting hurt the way he runs. He is such an animal when he runs its just improbable that he will [play every game this year.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Either that or he'll have a shortened career ala Earl Campbell... That hit he laid on the defender downfield last week where he lowered his head and bulled forward had me cringing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Either that or he'll have a shortened career ala Earl Campbell... That hit he laid on the defender downfield last week where he lowered his head and bulled forward had me cringing.
Its inevitable, right? He may be the best back of all time, yes he might be. I mean his rookie year he sets the single game record, thats unbeliavble, seriously. But Earl Campbell is such a great comparison, to physical, which i hate to say, because it is football, but the wear and tear AP will face the pace he is going is scary

Its inevitable, right? He may be the best back of all time, yes he might be. I mean his rookie year he sets the single game record, thats unbeliavble, seriously. But Earl Campbell is such a great comparison, to physical, which i hate to say, because it is football, but the wear and tear AP will face the pace he is going is scary
Yeah, it does seem like an inevitability - you get the feeling that if he doesn't change his punishing style, he won't be long for the league. He could still have 6 or so very dominant seasons and a couple more seasons after that. Then again, maybe he's such a physical freak that he'll prove us all wrong. You have to think his coaches urge him not to finish every run in such a punishing style (I'm sure they were cringing too as the play I mentioned above unraveled). But I assume that for Adrian, punishing defenders and finishing every run strong has become second nature and is not easily correctable. And in any case you don't want a guy like him thinking at the end of his run, "Maybe I shouldn't hit this guy, or maybe I should just go out of bounds". His instincts are so amazing, any thinking is a bad thing. All we can do as fans is enjoy watching this beast play and hope his body holds up for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread