What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How To Get To Heaven When You Die (1 Viewer)

I appreciate Paddington's ongoing effort to save my everlasting soul. Or is he trying to buttress his own faith? Regardless, thanks for sharing exactly the information we have all heard before. I predict you will be even more impactful in saving souls than was John 3:16 RainbowHead man back in the 70's and 80's. That guy caught some good games while sharing the good news.

I appreciate Paddington's ongoing effort to save my everlasting soul. Or is he trying to buttress his own faith? Regardless, thanks for sharing exactly the information we have all heard before. I predict you will be even more impactful in saving souls than was John 3:16 RainbowHead man back in the 70's and 80's. That guy caught some good games while sharing the good news.
Why don't you believe it?

Speaking for myself, I don't believe YOU.

I do not wish to insult you, or any other believers with my answer, and my answer would be insulting. You have done nothing to earn disrespectful or scornful treatment from me so I refrain from answering. Also, if you have taken any umbrage from any comment I have made in this thread I apologize. Go with God.

What is your normal username here? or are you really new and you just go to various message boards and paste the apologists' gospel?

I ask because it would be good to rule out the possibility you are just fishing for argument sake. If you are a regular here then surely you aren't embarrassed to share your faith, if it is genuine. If the former is true then nevermind. If the latter is true then testify and talk to us.

What is your normal username here? or are you really new and you just go to various message boards and paste the apologists' gospel?

I ask because it would be good to rule out the possibility you are just fishing for argument sake. If you are a regular here then surely you aren't embarrassed to share your faith, if it is genuine. If the former is true then nevermind. If the latter is true then testify and talk to us.
What are my choices again?

Your comprehension skills are immense. Guide us to heaven Rudolph.

@nihilist_arbys: You're alone. You're actively killing yourself with alcohol. Your breath smells of Arbys. Don Henley is on the radio. Arbys: Pray for death.

Your choices are heaven or hell. Accept Jesus and go to heaven or reject Him and go to hell. Those are your choices.

Obviously schtick.. what kind of true Christian can't even tell me where heaven is?
There are 3 known heavens. The atmosphere is the 1st, Outer Space is the 2nd and the 3rd Heaven is where God lives outside of this physical world. It's beyond the Universe. Think of the known Universe as a marble that exists within heaven, yet it's not part of heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously schtick.. what kind of true Christian can't even tell me where heaven is?
There are 3 known heavens. The atmosphere is the 1st, Outer Space is the 2nd and the 3rd Heaven is where God lives outside of this physical world. It's beyond the Universe. Think of the known Universe as a marble that exists within heaven, yet it's not part of heaven.
Dude, keep this shtick rolling. ####### hillarious. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

proninja said:
Paddington said:
matuski said:
The bible refers to the "heavens" as both everything from the clouds north and outer space because it was speaking to an audience with virtually no scientific knowledge. You don't actually think that there are three separate heavens, do you?
Just go to Proxima Centauri and hang a left. You can't miss it.

Paddington said:

Your choices are heaven or hell. Accept Jesus and go to heaven or reject Him and go to hell. Those are your choices.
So we have to play, and we must pick a side. No opting out and no neutrality.

blind links are a poor way to catch more fish. nobody is gonna bother with those.

It doesn't really debunk the Creationist Claims, it merely attempts to explain it away. The paper also says that there were blood vessels, so whether or not they found blood cells or not, the blood vessels were there. Hello?

It doesn't really debunk the Creationist Claims, it merely attempts to explain it away. The paper also says that there were blood vessels, so whether or not they found blood cells or not, the blood vessels were there. Hello?
Hello exactly

You complete me.

How much are indulgences going for?
Ac 8:18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money,

19 saying, "Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit."

20 But Peter said to him, "Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!

21 "You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

23 "For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity."

Ac 8:18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money,

19 saying, "Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit."

20 But Peter said to him, "Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!

21 "You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

Sounds like Peter was holding out firmly for a much better deal. Simon clearly needed to double whatever he was offering.

24 Whereupon Simon brought out a second purse from underneath his robes and placed that too on the barrelhead.

25 Still Peter remained unimpressed.

26 Whereupon Simon produced from beneath his garment a substantial quantity of myrrh, placing that also on the barrelhead.

27 In response Peter agreed. After all, it was ####### myrrh, and not that cheap #### from Yemen, this stuff was straight Eritrean, the best.

Sounds like Peter was holding out firmly for a much better deal. Simon clearly needed to double whatever he was offering.

24 Whereupon Simon brought out a second purse from underneath his robes and placed that too on the barrelhead.

26 Whereupon Simon produced from beneath his garment a substantial quantity of myrrh, placing that also on the barrelhead.

27 In response Peter agreed. After all, it was ####### myrrh, and not that cheap #### from Yemen, this stuff was straight Eritrean, the best.
Peter was stating that the man's heart was not right with God because he thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money. He called on the man to repent or turn away from his sin.

Ac 8:18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money,19 saying, "Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit."

Sounds like Peter was holding out firmly for a much better deal. Simon clearly needed to double whatever he was offering.24 Whereupon Simon brought out a second purse from underneath his robes and placed that too on the barrelhead.

Peter was stating that the man's heart was not right with God because he thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money. He called on the man to repent or turn away from his sin.
The intent of the passage was clear, it needed no further, clarifying, exposition from you. I took its meaning immediately, as I am sure all others did as well. Having taken that meaning I then thought I would explore what humor potential the matter provided. Perhaps I failed, or perhaps you are humor impaired. Frankly I have suspected that you may be humor impaired since the inception of this thread. Regardless, just view me as the lost sheep. Imagine the rejoicing when and if I return to the fold.

Users who are viewing this thread