What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm sorry Jets fans (1 Viewer)

This is very real:NY papers reporting that Bradaway is going up to NE to interview Mangini this week. He seems to be the #1 candidate with the fallback being....gulp....Mike Tice. Isn't that like going after a nice sports car with your fallback being an old Rambler? Only the Jets - leaving themselves open for Bellichick to screw them again. I would love to have Mangini but I'm just as sure that BB will steer his protege away from "HC of the NYJ."Welcome to NY Meathead! Book your tickets on the Circle Line early! :thumbdown: :yucky: :bag:

I have to admit, I have a soft spot for Tice. :bag: I feel he got the short end of the stick in Minnesota with Red being a cheap ### and all, but he did fail on alot of his own tasks also.

What's the story on Mangini? I'm curious as to why it took Crennel so long to get a HC job after leading so many great defenses with the Pats; while Mangini gets quick consideration after leading probably the worse Pats defense in the last 5 years.

What's the story on Mangini? I'm curious as to why it took Crennel so long to get a HC job after leading so many great defenses with the Pats; while Mangini gets quick consideration after leading probably the worse Pats defense in the last 5 years.
Lack of good candidates this year - he represents good upside in a field of also rans. You pretty much know what you are getting with a Tice or Haslett retread - I'd rather take a chance on a young guy from a solid system who could turn into the next big time coach

Besides the obvious card that could be played (and perhaps rightfully so), maybe there's a "wonderboy" aspect to it. Everyone wants the next Gruden.

Mike Tice is really subliminal man. I'm sure his interview will go something like this.Bradway: So Mike, if you are chosen as the next Jets head coach, what will you bring to this organization to help build it into a winner?Tice: Well, I think I bring (subliminal message - f-this interview, just give me the damn job. end subliminal message) enthusiasm and experience to lead this team.Bradway: You know what Mike, f-this interview you're hired.Tice: I accept.Bradway: Now for compensation. I was thinking of offering you $300,000 more than you made with the Vikings.Tice: That would be (subliminal message - I want $5,000,000 per year. end subliminal message) fine.Bradway: Mike, we are so sure that you will lead this team to the Super Bowl, that I'm going to offer you $5,000,000 per year.Tice: Thank you for hiring me, and I promise to a great job (subliminal message - I want total control of the team, and to have sex with your daughter. end subliminal message).Bradway: Mike, I'm also making you co-GM. How do you like that? Also, here is a picture of my daughter, give her a call.Tice: Gee thanks (subliminal message - DAD. end subliminal message) Mr. Bradway. You won't regret hiring me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mort said last night that Mike Sherman was high on the list too after Mangini. If Sherman gets hired, all I can say is Jets fans who got frustrated with Herm during games haven't seen nothing yet.

What I don't understand, and this is also true with baseball, is why there are so many recycled coaches? For every Bill Bellichick, there are 10 Norv Turner's. If a guy is a failure in 2 places or more, then by God he's a failure.

Mort said last night that Mike Sherman was high on the list too after Mangini. If Sherman gets hired, all I can say is Jets fans who got frustrated with Herm during games haven't seen nothing yet.
I believe the proper Hermism is "Flustrated". :bag:

fwiw, around 1pm yesterday, bradway said that, while he couldn't say they wouldn't interview sherman, he was not currently on the list and skirted question on why not with a line like "He's on your list for us to hire? why don't you just give me your list?.

fwiw, around 1pm yesterday, bradway said that, while he couldn't say they wouldn't interview sherman, he was not currently on the list and skirted question on why not with a line like "He's on your list for us to hire? why don't you just give me your list?.
If the Jets are smart, they won't hire Mike Sherman.

I believe this is part of the NFL's new equal opportunity coaching program. Each team has to interview one ex-player moron so that the ex-player moron-community does not get offended

Users who are viewing this thread