What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Flacco the long term answer for Ravens? (1 Viewer)

Here's what we know about Flacco...

1. He has the arm/accuracy to be a good NFL QB.

2. He lacks the ability to get to his 2nd and/or 3rd read even in a clean pocket. (worrisome he hasn't gotten noticably better here)

3. The Ravens O is very unimaginative and Cam Cameron has likely stalled Flacco's development a bit.

4. Their O-line collapses too often.

5. They have had unimpressive WR's in Balt (Smith and Boldin with Evans as the 3 may be the best he has had).

6. This is his 4th year coming out of a D-I FCS school, not a big-time program.

I dont think you can come to an answer on whether or not he can be the long term answer based on his last 4 seasons. Rodgers looked TERRIBLE his first 2-3 years in the league, he was just able to hide it from the public sitting on the bench.

Flacco's my boy. The question now is whether the Flacco-Rice-Smith combo is good enough to win game as the defense ages and is no longer so dominant. But I hope we don't have to hear all the BS anymore about how Flacco sucks.

He is somewhere between #10-15 among NFL starting QBs. Good enough for me.

Flacco outplayed Brady today. Evans with a HUGE drop and Cundiff with a missed FG.He is just fine.
Agreed. He is erratic at times, but he played huge today. Ultimately, he made a Super Bowl throw to Evans, which was dropped, and his kicked missed a chip shot. Not his fault.

If you get this close with Flacco, you can win it all with Manning. You could sit Flacco for a few years and let Manning finish out his career while he watches Manning win some Super Bowls.

Flacco's my boy. The question now is whether the Flacco-Rice-Smith combo is good enough to win game as the defense ages and is no longer so dominant. But I hope we don't have to hear all the BS anymore about how Flacco sucks.

No way.

No way.
Who is better among 2011 starters? For sure:

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Eli

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Pretty sure:

Romo

Stafford

Schaub

I'd then put Flacco in the next tier with:

M. Ryan

Vick

Cutler

Newton

Alex Smith

So, in the 10-15 range, but closer to 15 than 10 for sure That makes him an average NFL starting QB, which I think most would give him.

Last edited by a moderator:

No way.
Who is better among 2011 starters? For sure:

Rodgers

Brees

Brady

Eli

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Pretty sure:

Romo

Stafford

Schaub

I'd then put Flacco in the next tier with:

M. Ryan

Vick

Cutler

Newton

Alex Smith

So, in the 10-15 range, but closer to 15 than 10 for sure That makes him an average NFL starting QB, which I think most would give him.
I'm lazy, but would easily add Bradford to the list. And there is zero chance I'd take Flacco above anyone on the above list. Hell, for a one-year stint I'd take a ton of other guys over him too. (but I realize the above refers to long-term answer). So is he close to #15? Sure, maybe. But he's not even in the vicinity of #10. Huge dropoff.

Flacco outplayed Brady today. Evans with a HUGE drop and Cundiff with a missed FG.He is just fine.
Agreed. He is erratic at times, but he played huge today. Ultimately, he made a Super Bowl throw to Evans, which was dropped, and his kicked missed a chip shot. Not his fault.
Erractic is the word...this week he outplayed Brady and last week I am not sure he was any better than TJ yates. What I noticed that it is not just game to game or even quarter to quarter. Literally he will throw a WTF negative pass followed up immediately WTF positive. Only slight more good than bad. As Baltimore becomes more dependent on its offense, not sure what to think.

Users who are viewing this thread