What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there a Mike Vick thread? (1 Viewer)

Just quit ignoring his mistakes, the panthers scored 7 points off each of those turnovers. The special teams are saving his butt with awesome field position.
Yeah, 31 points against a very good defense is just terrible :rolleyes:

ummm, did anyone see that last bomb interception that he threw off his back foot just to avoid the sack???  he's a Horrible QB!  There have been countless times tonight where i've seen plays that just makes him look like a rookie in his first game, horrible decisions.  I didn't post anything then but after that last int, he really sucks!
And there have been countless times tonight when hes made plays that nobody in the history of the NFL could've made.
Hey everybody, let's welcome Bill Walton to the Shark Pool.:hyperbole:
I disagree. Every time he runs the ball, he is running faster than any QB ever could've.
Not quite, but yes he's an amazing runner. No doubt about it. I don't think anyone questions that's by far his greatest attribute.

He sucks as a QB, which is what she, oops i mean he is. What he should be is a RB, they would do much better if a QB was throwing the ball handing off to vick or throwing to him. Anything but the QB position, gimmee a break! still SUCKS as a QB.

Trent DilferAtl wins on defense and running. Not the passing game Vick is a RB.
The difference is that Baltimore was a good team without Dilfer.Atlanta was a playoff team 2 years ago, then went 2-10 when Vick got hurt, and now they're one of the best teams in the league again. Vick makes them good....the Ravens were good without Dilfer.
The switch to the 4-3 and the new def coordinator has made them good. Vick is not a QB. I do admit they win with him, but its despite him, not because of him.
So how come 2 years ago they became the first team to ever win a playoff game in Lambeau Field? And the year before that(when Vick sat the bench, while Chris Chandler, who is a pretty good QB, played) they were terrible.So basically in the past 4 years, Vick has played 2, missed 1 to injury, missed 1 to sitting out his rookie year...and they were always better than him.And even so....Can you explain how last year, Vick took that 2-10 team to a 3-1 record against its toughest competition of the season?

This guy was supposed to be the MAN to do it all, yea he's got good feet, but tonight proves once again that perhaps he shouldn't be a QB, perhaps he should be a WR???Tonights #'s.2/9 17yds 1TD 1INT at the halfi mean seriously, i might be able to throw better than this guy. Yes he can run, but he CANNOT throw the pigskin, too bad really. This boy is letting many down. I know i'm dissapointed.It's safe to say as of right now that Michael Vick Offically SUCKS!
Well, this post looks silly now doesn't it. You may not like Vick but you can't complain about what he's done tonight.

If the Falcons end up winning it's going to be the most disgusting hype machine for Vick we've ever seen. I quite possibly could throw up as a result.
I actually do understand this. Its also the reason that some people dislike Favre and Ray Lewis....people get tired of hearing so much about one player.Thats makes sense to me, and I do understand the hatred...I just disagree totally with those that don't think he helps his team tremendously.

The difference is that Baltimore was a good team without Dilfer.Atlanta was a playoff team 2 years ago, then went 2-10 when Vick got hurt, and now they're one of the best teams in the league again. Vick makes them good....the Ravens were good without Dilfer.
The switch to the 4-3 and the new def coordinator has made them good. Vick is not a QB. I do admit they win with him, but its despite him, not because of him.
So how come 2 years ago they became the first team to ever win a playoff game in Lambeau Field?
Because the Packers completely self-destructed with a number of turnovers and a blocked punt, none of which Vick had anything to do with.

This guy was supposed to be the MAN to do it all, yea he's got good feet, but tonight proves once again that perhaps he shouldn't be a QB, perhaps he should be a WR???Tonights #'s.2/9 17yds 1TD 1INT at the halfi mean seriously, i might be able to throw better than this guy. Yes he can run, but he CANNOT throw the pigskin, too bad really. This boy is letting many down. I know i'm dissapointed.It's safe to say as of right now that Michael Vick Offically SUCKS!
Well, this post looks silly now doesn't it. You may not like Vick but you can't complain about what he's done tonight.
Ummmm yes i can, the dude can't and i mean CANT throw the ball!!! In case you didn't notice, one of the qualifications of being a QB is knowing how to throw the ball, HE CAN'T!

This guy was supposed to be the MAN to do it all, yea he's got good feet, but tonight proves once again that perhaps he shouldn't be a QB, perhaps he should be a WR???Tonights #'s.2/9 17yds 1TD 1INT at the halfi mean seriously, i might be able to throw better than this guy.  Yes he can run, but he CANNOT throw the pigskin, too bad really. This boy is letting many down.  I know i'm dissapointed.It's safe to say as of right now that Michael Vick Offically SUCKS!
Ummmm yes i can, the dude can't and i mean CANT throw the ball!!! In case you didn't notice, one of the qualifications of being a QB is knowing how to throw the ball, HE CAN'T!
So those 154 yards are what my imagination? Seriously, I understand what you're saying but I think a bigger problem is the lasck of talent at WR. I mean, they have Price as their WR1 for crying out loud. This guy is not a WR1. A decent #2 but no way he is a number 1. I think that experiment has backfired.PriceWhiteFinneranJenkins-rookieLooke at this WR corp, it's pathedic. And to make matters worse, they won't throw to their best receiver which is Dunn.

So are you saying that he has nothing to do with them being the league's #1 rushing offense? Or that being the league's #1 rushing offense has nothing to do with them winning? Which one?
yes being the #1 rushing offense helps. Esp since vick is a RB not a QB, which is what i have been saying.

Mike Vick will have nothing to do with this win tonight, Feely will kick the FG, Once again, the D and ST won the game for him. bottom line! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my league he is approaching 30 points for tonight.Not exactly sucky.
He's over 20 points so far on my playoff team too! :thumbup: And I totally agree with FM that he could use some decent WR's.

He's over 20 points so far on my playoff team too! :thumbup: And I totally agree with FM that he could use some decent WR's.
Ok he has PriceCrumplerWhiteFinnernanall of the above proved that they can catch the ball tonight and make plays!

Mike Vick will have nothing to do with this win tonight, Feely will kick the FG, Once again, the D and ST won the game for him. bottom line! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, the D sure did a masterful job of allowing 80, 97 and 78 yard TD drives.

Mike Vick is Kordell Stewart with more speed. Nothing else.
:rotflmao: and an arm, and a better head and basically better everything.
Which makes him at best an average NFL QB. I just don't understand the hype.

:confused: So any QB with a better arm and head than Kordell is average at best? So to be above average you have to have either a worse arm or a worse head than kordell?

Big plays especially at the end with the int won the game, not vick's arm, and that's what this is all about, the boy can't throw the football. he can throw it fast, that's for sure, but he cannot throw accuratley, and tries to make way too many htings happen when nothing's there.

Sure from a fantasy perspective you never know what youre getting with Vick. But on the field he makes a hell of a lot of plays. The Falcons opened up a convincing 24-10 lead and then basically sat on the ball. IMO the playcalling is more at fault than Vick. Then, when they fell behind and needed a TD, he led the team down field and scored. Im glad I got to watch him play today because I actually think hes much better than hes given credit for (compared to the folks here on the board, not the idiots in the booth who worship him).

Mike Vick is Kordell Stewart with more speed.  Nothing else.
:confused: So any QB with a better arm and head than Kordell is average at best? So to be above average you have to have either a worse arm or a worse head than kordell?
No, Mike Vick is an average QB at best. Saying that he's got a better everything than Kordell Stewart really isn't saying all that much.

Ok he has PriceCrumplerWhiteFinnernanall of the above proved that they can catch the ball tonight and make plays!
Well if that WR crew did the job, they must have a pretty good QB!

Well if that WR crew did the job, they must have a pretty good QB!
Yea, he's amazing! I mean 11/28, how does he do it?????o wait, he's a RB!

The only other guy I've seen who can run like Vick at QB was Cunningham - he did one of those sick "knee is not down" plays on MNF.Having lived in Philly through the Cunningham era and the early McNabb era I can honestly say Vick is an adequate player at QB. He's a terrible passer, but the running makes up for it. However, he will need to get the passing game turned up a few notches to be a good QB. Part of that may be his WR's, but it's also partly him.I view Vick at this time as high-risk, high-reward type of QB. If the Falcons were in the AFC they'd have no shot to go to the Super Bowl, because he'd need to be good every game. Even in a normal year, he'd be very likely to have a clunker that would bite them in the butt against a good complete team. Luckily for the Falcons, there's really only the Eagles. Everyone else (including the Falcons to some extent) has some question marks on one side of the ball or the other. It's looking like Carolina may be answering all their question marks, though, and might be the third best team in the NFC playoffs.

So how come 2 years ago they became the first team to ever win a playoff game in Lambeau Field?
Because the Packers completely self-destructed with a number of turnovers and a blocked punt, none of which Vick had anything to do with.
Oh...so once again, everything just seems to go perfect and fall in place when Vick is playing and everything falls apart when he isn't playing.BTW...my question wasn't just about that one game but also about how they played well enough to actually make the playoffs that year with Vick, then went 2-10 without him the very next year.

This guy was supposed to be the MAN to do it all, yea he's got good feet, but tonight proves once again that perhaps he shouldn't be a QB, perhaps he should be a WR???Tonights #'s.2/9 17yds 1TD 1INT at the halfi mean seriously, i might be able to throw better than this guy.  Yes he can run, but he CANNOT throw the pigskin, too bad really. This boy is letting many down.  I know i'm dissapointed.It's safe to say as of right now that Michael Vick Offically SUCKS!
I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you unhappy with his performance tonight? Do you really think that most NFL teams wouldn't be thrilled to get a performace from their QB like this most weeks? Who cares how he does it(rushing or passing)...he gets it done.

And a much stronger arm.And more of a leader.So, better arm and better legs and more of a leader...well that pretty much covers it all. What else do you want?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats easily bottom 5 of WRs in the the league.

What about taking a 2-10 team and leading them to a 3-1 record is average? What about being the 2nd seed the next year is average? Look at the results...they are phenomenal!

Mike Vick will have nothing to do with this win tonight, Feely will kick the FG, Once again, the D and ST won the game for him. bottom line! :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
Big plays especially at the end with the int won the game, not vick's arm, and that's what this is all about, the boy can't throw the football. he can throw it fast, that's for sure, but he cannot throw accuratley, and tries to make way too many htings happen when nothing's there.
Yeah, his first TD pass was just a bullet with no touch on it whatsoever. :rolleyes:

And a much stronger arm.And more of a leader.So, better arm and better legs and more of a leader...well that pretty much covers it all. What else do you want?
For people to stop acting like he's a great QB. Because he isn't. I'm not saying he's terrible, just that he's an average QB with great athletic ability. If I were starting an NFL team right now there would be at least 10 other QBs I would rather have than Vick.I don't hate the guy, and I'm not upset. I just don't get the hype, that's all.

Nay sayers downing Vick tend to overlook the obvious.When Vick is under center for the Falcons, more often than not, they win.When Vick is not under center for the Falcons, more often than not, they lose.It's not Rockey Science or Brain Surgery fellas, Vick makes the Falcons a better team when he plays and that's all there is to it.I mean you can't argue with the Win - vs - Loss column can you?

For people to stop acting like he's a great QB. Because he isn't. I'm not saying he's terrible, just that he's an average QB with great athletic ability. If I were starting an NFL team right now there would be at least 10 other QBs I would rather have than Vick.I don't hate the guy, and I'm not upset. I just don't get the hype, that's all.
I agree with you!He is an average passer...but is the best running QB of all time! Which makes him a very very good overall player and one that I would love on my team.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: how can people continue to argue this?HE'S GOOD, STUPID
Agreed. That was a very good Panther team they beat toinght, and Vick was the catylyst.

Nay sayers downing Vick tend to overlook the obvious.When Vick is under center for the Falcons, more often than not, they win.When Vick is not under center for the Falcons, more often than not, they lose.It's not Rockey Science or Brain Surgery fellas, Vick makes the Falcons a better team when he plays and that's all there is to it.I mean you can't argue with the Win - vs - Loss column can you?
I've been trying all thread(and really for the past few months) to make this point, but people just keep the nonsensical(sp?) arguments:"But they've added a new D- coordinator and system"- Oh so I guess Vick going 3-1 last year against their toughest run of opponents doesn't count?"But their terrible record without him and great record with him are only because of how absolutely horrible their QBs are"- Oh so I guess that Chris Chandler in his prime was a terible QB and that when a 2nd year QB(Vick) took over and took them from an average team with Chandler to a 2nd round playoff team, that doesn't mean anything either?

I agree with you!He is an average passer...but is the best running QB of all time! Which makes him a very very good overall player and one that I would love on my team.
I'd change him to a RB and he'd be top 5 and much more valuable.

Please name the 10 other QB's you'd rather have than Vick.That's sounds as dumb as Merrill Hoge's comment that there are 20 better WR's than Moss. Right now there are only 5 that I would rather have - Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, Brady and Favre. He does so much beyond just passing the ball that when he actually learns to run the WCO he is going to be scary.

Please name the 10 other QB's you'd rather have than Vick.That's sounds as dumb as Merrill Hoge's comment that there are 20 better WR's than Moss. Right now there are only 5 that I would rather have - Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, Brady and Favre. He does so much beyond just passing the ball that when he actually learns to run the WCO he is going to be scary.
I don't think Culpepper belongs anywhere near that list, but I agree with your overall point completely. My current QB rankings:1.Manning2.Brady3.McNabb4.Vick5.Favre

Actually when you factor in age, Favre wouldn't even be on the list. But in no particular order, I'd take Manning, McNab, Culpepper, Brady, Bulger, Pennington, Leftwich, Palmer, Roethlisberger and Brees before I'd take Vick. Maybe even Griese and Green. Given a few more games to look at him, Volek might even make my list. I like my QB to be able to play QB. Running for 1,000 yards is great, but that's what RBs are for. I'd prefer my QB to be able to throw the ball and manage the game.

I like QB's who help their team win games. I'd take Vick in a New York second since all the Falcons do is win when he plays. The guy must be doing something right you know

You're a joke. Look what I've reduced you down to. :thumbup:
No offense Slash, but the sooner you get banned from this board the better. And trust me, the way you're going, it will happen. It's only a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread