What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there a Mike Vick thread? (1 Viewer)

jesse

Footballguy
This guy was supposed to be the MAN to do it all, yea he's got good feet, but tonight proves once again that perhaps he shouldn't be a QB, perhaps he should be a WR???Tonights #'s.2/9 17yds 1TD 1INT at the halfi mean seriously, i might be able to throw better than this guy. Yes he can run, but he CANNOT throw the pigskin, too bad really. This boy is letting many down. I know i'm dissapointed.It's safe to say as of right now that Michael Vick Offically SUCKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
For all the talk of Brian Urlacher being the most overrated player in the NFL....Mike Vick had 11 TDs and 10 INTs for the season passing, and about 12-13 completions a game for 160 or so yards....oh ya... and that rushing threat: 2 TDs for the season.If 13TDs/11INTs are 'The Mike Vick Experience'.... I want the Jimi Hendrix Experience to play Purple Haze for all of these NFL pundits putting Vick on the pedestal and starting that new wing in Canton for him.

For all the talk of Brian Urlacher being the most overrated player in the NFL....Mike Vick had 11 TDs and 10 INTs for the season passing, and about 12-13 completions a game for 160 or so yards....oh ya... and that rushing threat: 2 TDs for the season.If 13TDs/11INTs are 'The Mike Vick Experience'.... I want the Jimi Hendrix Experience to play Purple Haze for all of these NFL pundits putting Vick on the pedestal and starting that new wing in Canton for him.
Well said Grid:goodposting:

:thumbup:

For all the talk of Brian Urlacher being the most overrated player in the NFL....Mike Vick had 11 TDs and 10 INTs for the season passing, and about 12-13 completions a game for 160 or so yards....oh ya... and that rushing threat:  2 TDs for the season.If 13TDs/11INTs are 'The Mike Vick Experience'....  I want the Jimi Hendrix Experience to play Purple Haze for all of these NFL pundits putting Vick on the pedestal and starting that new wing in Canton for him.
...and I'm not saying Mike Vick sucks, as he adds a different dimension at QB.But he is WAY overrated imho...I always think unless a QB can put up a MINIMUM of 2 TDs a game (on an average), he's an average QB at best.But then again, I guess that makes Aikman and Big Ben 'average at best FANTASY QB' - as the rest of the guys on those teams carried (or in Ben's case, carry) them to victories.

ummm, did anyone see that last bomb interception that he threw off his back foot just to avoid the sack??? he's a Horrible QB! There have been countless times tonight where i've seen plays that just makes him look like a rookie in his first game, horrible decisions. I didn't post anything then but after that last int, he really sucks!

Trent DilferAtl wins on defense and running. Not the passing game Vick is a RB.
The difference is that Baltimore was a good team without Dilfer.Atlanta was a playoff team 2 years ago, then went 2-10 when Vick got hurt, and now they're one of the best teams in the league again. Vick makes them good....the Ravens were good without Dilfer.

For all the talk of Brian Urlacher being the most overrated player in the NFL....Mike Vick had 11 TDs and 10 INTs for the season passing, and about 12-13 completions a game for 160 or so yards....oh ya... and that rushing threat:   2 TDs for the season.If 13TDs/11INTs are 'The Mike Vick Experience'....  I want the Jimi Hendrix Experience to play Purple Haze for all of these NFL pundits putting Vick on the pedestal and starting that new wing in Canton for him.
...and I'm not saying Mike Vick sucks, as he adds a different dimension at QB.But he is WAY overrated imho...I always think unless a QB can put up a MINIMUM of 2 TDs a game (on an average), he's an average QB at best.But then again, I guess that makes Aikman and Big Ben 'average at best FANTASY QB' - as the rest of the guys on those teams carried (or in Ben's case, carry) them to victories.
You're way off base.Big Ben is(right now) one of the best QBs in the league. Look at passer rating...thats way more important than yards or TDs that us FF guys concentrate on, as it takes everything into account- Ben is 3rd in the entire NFL.

ummm, did anyone see that last bomb interception that he threw off his back foot just to avoid the sack??? he's a Horrible QB! There have been countless times tonight where i've seen plays that just makes him look like a rookie in his first game, horrible decisions. I didn't post anything then but after that last int, he really sucks!
And there have been countless times tonight when hes made plays that nobody in the history of the NFL could've made. They've scored 24 points through 3 quarters against a pretty good defense and you're complaing????!!!!

If ATL punted from the 42, they would be lucky to get it to Carolina's 3. If vick got sacked it would have been 3rd and long. Whats your point?

Yep, he threw that INT on purpose instead of wasting time with the punt unit. Forget running some time off the clock when you're up, just give the ball away right now.

For all the talk of Brian Urlacher being the most overrated player in the NFL....Mike Vick had 11 TDs and 10 INTs for the season passing, and about 12-13 completions a game for 160 or so yards....oh ya... and that rushing threat:   2 TDs for the season.If 13TDs/11INTs are 'The Mike Vick Experience'....  I want the Jimi Hendrix Experience to play Purple Haze for all of these NFL pundits putting Vick on the pedestal and starting that new wing in Canton for him.
You're way off base.Big Ben is(right now) one of the best QBs in the league. Look at passer rating...thats way more important than yards or TDs that us FF guys concentrate on, as it takes everything into account- Ben is 3rd in the entire NFL.
jwvdcw.... Reading is a skill.... I said FANTASY QB. Read again.

Yep, he threw that INT on purpose instead of wasting time with the punt unit. Forget running some time off the clock when you're up, just give the ball away right now.
Not quite. Okay, if he does throw the pass, assume there is a 40% chance of it getting picked, 10% chance of it getting caught, 50% change of it being incomplete. These %s dont really matter.If its a pick its their ball on their own 3. If its incomplete its 3rd and 8 on their 42. if its caught its a TD or close. If he takes the sack instead its 3rd and very long from around midfield. Is this situation any better than heaving up a chance downfield?

ummm, did anyone see that last bomb interception that he threw off his back foot just to avoid the sack???  he's a Horrible QB!  There have been countless times tonight where i've seen plays that just makes him look like a rookie in his first game, horrible decisions.  I didn't post anything then but after that last int, he really sucks!
And there have been countless times tonight when hes made plays that nobody in the history of the NFL could've made.
Hey everybody, let's welcome Bill Walton to the Shark Pool.:hyperbole:

Not quite. Okay, if he does throw the pass, assume there is a 40% chance of it getting picked, 10% chance of it getting caught, 50% change of it being incomplete. These %s dont really matter.If its a pick its their ball on their own 3. If its incomplete its 3rd and 8 on their 42. if its caught its a TD or close. If he takes the sack instead its 3rd and very long from around midfield. Is this situation any better than heaving up a chance downfield?
Mr. Scramble should had all the room in the world on that play to scramble, if you will, out of the way and at least run out of bounds to get a field goal chance, or at least throw a MUCH HIGHER PERCENTAGE PASS! Who knows, that field goal that could have been, may be the difference in this game.

That INT didn't bite them in the bu++ one bit did it? How bout the fumble now?
You're telling me, that was such a critical int he threw, when like i said, he could have run it up perhaps for the first down, or at least got out of bounds for the chance of a field goal.

All this banter is pointless. Vick is OK, but the Falcons are not even in the same league as the Iggles. And I despise the Iggles...That said, I wish he (Vick) was better, but alas...he's Kordell on "steroids".

Mr. Scramble should had all the room in the world on that play to scramble, if you will, out of the way and at least run out of bounds to get a field goal chance, or at least throw a MUCH HIGHER PERCENTAGE PASS! Who knows, that field goal that could have been, may be the difference in this game.
so you want him to scramble more?

All this banter is pointless. Vick is OK, but the Falcons are not even in the same league as the Iggles. And I despise the Iggles...That said, I wish he (Vick) was better, but alas...he's Kordell on "steroids".
Just say it, he sucks!

Just quit ignoring his mistakes, the panthers scored 7 points off each of those turnovers. The special teams are saving his butt with awesome field position.

Just quit ignoring his mistakes, the panthers scored 7 points off each of those turnovers. The special teams are saving his butt with awesome field position.
Okay. He sucks. He shouldnt have let the panthers drive 97 yards for the TD. There I said it.

I bet you were having a having fun the Giants take the Steelers to the limit. Fun game to watch today.

The difference is that Baltimore was a good team without Dilfer.Atlanta was a playoff team 2 years ago, then went 2-10 when Vick got hurt, and now they're one of the best teams in the league again. Vick makes them good....the Ravens were good without Dilfer.
The switch to the 4-3 and the new def coordinator has made them good. Vick is not a QB. I do admit they win with him, but its despite him, not because of him.

I bet you were having a having fun the Giants take the Steelers to the limit. Fun game to watch today.
Yeah I was having fun...watching the Steelers finish up the SWEEP of the lowly NFC LEAST! 4-0 Sucka! :boxing:

The switch to the 4-3 and the new def coordinator has made them good. Vick is not a QB. I do admit they win with him, but its despite him, not because of him.
So are you saying that he has nothing to do with them being the league's #1 rushing offense? Or that being the league's #1 rushing offense has nothing to do with them winning? Which one?

ROTFLMAO!I don't think ANYBODY said Jeff Hostetler (with the Giants) or Dilfer (with the Ravens) are the reason those teams won the Super Bowls...You have to be 'rated' to be OVER-rated.

If Vick is even a decent QB he'll drive them down the field on this last drive, but i have no faith in him in case you haven't noticed!

wow, yet another beautiful pass right into the hands of the Carolina DB.. The only reason that wasn't intd, is because price took him down hard.

FREAKING VICK, STOP THROWING THE BALL 150 MPH! NO ONE CAN CATCH THAT!the annoucers just said you have to get your body in front of the ball in order to catch Vick's pass. We'll last time i checked, there are NO WR'S who can jump 15 feet high in the NFL, but like i said, that was last i checked.

For all the Vick haters out there, did you see the play he just made??!!!Second and goal and he gets blindsided! Instead of just going down like an average QB he has the whereabouts to fumble the ball forward to his own man to pick up, and they end up gaining yardage on a play that nearly every other QB would've lost yardage!

Come on, don't put words into his mouth.No he obviously didn't get an INT on purpose. But a smart QB knows that you can take a chance on a 'jump ball' inside the 5 yard line when if you throw an INT that will actually be better than punting the ball. Its not that he threw it on purpose, its just that it wasn't a terrible throw or a bad INT.

jwvdcw.... Reading is a skill.... I said FANTASY QB. Read again.
I stand corrected. My fault. I really can read though. Oh and btw, if you can do me a favor and refer to me as "Queen Bee" rather than "jwvdcw" I'd appriciate it. Thanks a lot, bro.

ummm, did anyone see that last bomb interception that he threw off his back foot just to avoid the sack???  he's a Horrible QB!  There have been countless times tonight where i've seen plays that just makes him look like a rookie in his first game, horrible decisions.  I didn't post anything then but after that last int, he really sucks!
And there have been countless times tonight when hes made plays that nobody in the history of the NFL could've made.
Hey everybody, let's welcome Bill Walton to the Shark Pool.:hyperbole:
I disagree. Every time he runs the ball, he is running faster than any QB ever could've.

If the Falcons end up winning it's going to be the most disgusting hype machine for Vick we've ever seen. I quite possibly could throw up as a result.

"How he managed to keep his knees off the ground is incredible" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: As if he actually did that on purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread