What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It was a tremendous raid. (3 Viewers)

LMAO...you say Trump lied about her never working at MAL and when I call you out on it, the story changes.
And people wonder why "Trump lies" get questioned.
Too funny.

You decided when you decided to set an unrealistic, illegal standard to meet in order to acknowledge you were wrong. You aren't fooling anyone. Besides, it's clear you don't even believe his lawyers at this point. Who are you trying to convince that you are "waiting"...us or yourself?

you're not totally wrong

I don't trust Trump and I don't trust the DOJ/Fed Govt - they've both let the American people down over and over

but the DOJ was the instigators here, they decided to do an unprecedented search/warrant/removal .......... they need to justify it

How do you want them to prove it? Are you aware of the process for obtaining a search warrant?

I'd think an independent review is a good idea. I mean you can't let Biden supporters or Trump supporters run it - but in my mind there has to be some justification.

The DJO can't just say "we have this information and trust us, its legit" because if ya'll are going to go with that? lets say in 2025 Desantis is POTUS, the Senate majority is GOP, DOJ is led by GOP and they get warrants for Clinton, Obama and Biden and conduct the same search and seizures and say "trust us, believe us"

Liberals / Democrats would cry foul, wouldn't they ?

Does the DOJ / FBI have to justify their actions to anyone? serious question

LMAO...you say Trump lied about her never working at MAL and when I call you out on it, the story changes.
And people wonder why "Trump lies" get questioned.
Too funny.
Like I said, you got me. We can ignore the fact that he denied he knew her, claimed she begged for a job and he denied her. Let's focus on whether her office was at Mir a Lago. My point was that I hope the evil leaker in Trump's organization is someone he claims not to know. You know, like he did with his own lawyer.

And did she physically work there? The answer is, "we don't know for sure."

You decided when you decided to set an unrealistic, illegal standard to meet in order to acknowledge you were wrong. You aren't fooling anyone. Besides, it's clear you don't even believe his lawyers at this point. Who are you trying to convince that you are "waiting"...us or yourself?

you're not totally wrong

I don't trust Trump and I don't trust the DOJ/Fed Govt - they've both let the American people down over and over

but the DOJ was the instigators here, they decided to do an unprecedented search/warrant/removal .......... they need to justify it
I disagree. Trump was the instigator the minute he took the documents he wasn't supposed to have. We know for a fact he had docs he wasn't entitled to because he gave back many of them. Like most of his problems, he brought it on himself.

you're not totally wrong

I disagree. Trump was the instigator the minute he took the documents he wasn't supposed to have. We know for a fact he had docs he wasn't entitled to because he gave back many of them. Like most of his problems, he brought it on himself.
Well, he wasn't supposed to take any documents, so there's that.

you're not totally wrong

Why is this unprecedented?

you're not totally wrong

Well, he wasn't supposed to take any documents, so there's that.
Exactly, that's my point. If he hadn't taken documents and whatever else he wouldn't have this problem. He started, NOT the DOJ.

You already decided before you heard or read anything that Trump was innocent and stated you couldn't wait to vote for Trump and when he won you couldn't wait for him to order raids on everyone you dislike from the left.

So spare us your tired crap about who to trust and how you are just asking questions and waiting to see what happens. You are the definition of a good little lemming who believes everything he is told, from a guy that has been a lying conman for a mere decades to use your words.

Trump being innocent ....not at all and yes, and I have reiterated over and over I'd prefer Desantis and this search/seizure? Yes, it irritates me the Fed Govt did this, absolutely. Its literally unprecedented

I lean towards believing he had documents/things he shouldn't have kept - if they're classified or not I don't know. I'd bet every president has done this. I believe Trump was politically targeted

Look back as all the posts I've made, I don't trust the Govt. I didn't trust them when they said take the vaccine and you'd not get covid - I didn't trust them that Roundup was safe. I didn't trust them that masks would stop covid or shutdowns would. I don't trust them on steele dossier or Russia. No, I don't trust them.

you're not totally wrong

Because there's no precedent for a former President stealing classified documents from the White House?

you're not totally wrong

I’d say the fact that boxes of classified and top secret documents were removed is enough to justify it.

You already decided before you heard or read anything that Trump was innocent and stated you couldn't wait to vote for Trump and when he won you couldn't wait for him to order raids on everyone you dislike from the left.

So spare us your tired crap about who to trust and how you are just asking questions and waiting to see what happens. You are the definition of a good little lemming who believes everything he is told, from a guy that has been a lying conman for a mere decades to use your words.

Trump being innocent ....not at all and yes, and I have reiterated over and over I'd prefer Desantis and this search/seizure? Yes, it irritates me the Fed Govt did this, absolutely. Its literally unprecedented

I lean towards believing he had documents/things he shouldn't have kept - if they're classified or not I don't know. I'd bet every president has done this. I believe Trump was politically targeted

Look back as all the posts I've made, I don't trust the Govt. I didn't trust them when they said take the vaccine and you'd not get covid - I didn't trust them that Roundup was safe. I didn't trust them that masks would stop covid or shutdowns would. I don't trust them on steele dossier or Russia. No, I don't trust them.
I'm so confused now as to the bold. You agree he probably had things he shouldn't. I think you agree he didn't return them when asked. But when the government goes through the proper channels (i.e. obtains what at least appears to be a facially valid warrant)... that's political targeting??

I listened to Hannity and Levin on the way home from work today. Both were ranting a lot about Melania’s underwear, government overreach, and “over seizure” due to the passports, but not once did I hear them mention anything about classified documents or why the search warrant was executed.

I listened to Hannity and Levin on the way home from work today. Both were ranting a lot about Melania’s underwear, government overreach, and “over seizure” due to the passports, but not once did I hear them mention anything about classified documents or why the search warrant was executed.
Go on...

you're not totally wrong

They did…the minute they came out with boxes of classified matterial.

How do you want them to prove it? Are you aware of the process for obtaining a search warrant?

I'd think an independent review is a good idea. I mean you can't let Biden supporters or Trump supporters run it - but in my mind there has to be some justification.

The DJO can't just say "we have this information and trust us, its legit" because if ya'll are going to go with that? lets say in 2025 Desantis is POTUS, the Senate majority is GOP, DOJ is led by GOP and they get warrants for Clinton, Obama and Biden and conduct the same search and seizures and say "trust us, believe us"

Liberals / Democrats would cry foul, wouldn't they ?

Does the DOJ / FBI have to justify their actions to anyone? serious question
If he is charged with a crime…do you think the evidence would only be the DOJ claiming what they found?
They justified their actions already…but because Donald Trump told you that yiu cant trust anyone…you don’t believe that they found anything.

From the article:

"The president had a habit of asking to retain sensitive documents and from time to time, he did that and we didn’t know what happened to them,” Bolton said. “And it was always a concern, because he didn’t really fully understand the risks to sources and methods and other dangers of revealing classified information that it might get out to the wrong people.”

London said, “If he decided he liked something he saw, you would have to wrestle it back.”

To counter that, London said, briefers would use images blown up to the size of posters so Trump could not take them.

From the article:

"The president had a habit of asking to retain sensitive documents and from time to time, he did that and we didn’t know what happened to them,” Bolton said. “And it was always a concern, because he didn’t really fully understand the risks to sources and methods and other dangers of revealing classified information that it might get out to the wrong people.”

London said, “If he decided he liked something he saw, you would have to wrestle it back.”

To counter that, London said, briefers would use images blown up to the size of posters so Trump could not take them.
Hard to flush a 3 x 6 foot poster board down the toilet.

A theory on the passport:

Trump owns properties in several countries meaning he would need access to his passports on a regular basis. It’s very unlikely he would keep them in a random box in a storage closet, it’s likely going to be somewhere he’d have easy access and know exactly where it was.

While the passports themselves may not be relevant to the search, what they are stored with might be. Think of the box as being a travel box - passports and other documents that he had gathered in preparation for an upcoming trip.

How does that become relevant to the investigation? When there’s also classified information stored in that travel box, which there appears to be since it was taken.

<complete speculation>
If they had intelligence that he was planning an international trip with the intent of selling or sharing classified documents and then found those documents in a box with his passport, that would back up the intelligence. They would want to document what the passports were stored with and then give them back.

you're not totally wrong

Because youre going to believe their justification? They and Trump's lawyer have already told you what was collected and you dont believe it. Your mind is made up. Im completely correct.

Last edited:
Why did they take the passports in the first place?
I don’t know this with certainty in this specific instance, but it’s common that law enforcement takes indicia that the suspect either resides at or had dominion over the place searched to more strongly tie him to possessing the discovered contraband. Examples of indicia are mail with the suspect’s name on it, a wallet, an ID, family photos, or… a passport.

Since the passports aren't illegal contraband it’s possible law enforcement temporarily seized them to photograph and include in the inventory of items recovered to try to refute a possible later claim that Trump didn’t stay there or control that area or whatever.
@Bozeman Bruiser you laughed at this, why?

A theory on the passport:

Trump owns properties in several countries meaning he would need access to his passports on a regular basis. It’s very unlikely he would keep them in a random box in a storage closet, it’s likely going to be somewhere he’d have easy access and know exactly where it was.

While the passports themselves may not be relevant to the search, what they are stored with might be. Think of the box as being a travel box - passports and other documents that he had gathered in preparation for an upcoming trip.

How does that become relevant to the investigation? When there’s also classified information stored in that travel box, which there appears to be since it was taken.

<complete speculation>
If they had intelligence that he was planning an international trip with the intent of selling or sharing classified documents and then found those documents in a box with his passport, that would back up the intelligence. They would want to document what the passports were stored with and then give them back.
I don't believe that Trump would sell secrets. Show them off to people to promote himself and feel important, sure. But sell them? He's more likely to take out a loan with them as collateral and then default on it.

you're not totally wrong

Because theres never been an exPresident thats behaved like this.

Good point: One obvious question I’m not seeing asked about the various Trump defenses currently being spaghettied at the wall: If any of them are true, why are they being made now on cable TV, not months ago to DOJ in response to the subpoena?

"Yeah, actually I declassified all these documents I claimed not to have, I just didn’t feel like mentioning it until after it became clear I was lying about not having them.”

Not clear, but Trump said she didn't work for him post- White House. Truth is that she worked for him for 9 weeks after he left the White House.

This is what Trump said about her:

“I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her (a total phony and ‘leaker’), and when she requested to go with certain others of the team to Florida after my having served a full term in office, I personally turned her request down,” Trump wrote.

“Why did she want to go with us if she felt we were so terrible? I understand that she was very upset and angry that I didn’t want her to go, or be a member of the team,” the former president alleged. “She is bad news!”
He speaks like a not very bright alien who is pretending to be human.

Good point: One obvious question I’m not seeing asked about the various Trump defenses currently being spaghettied at the wall: If any of them are true, why are they being made now on cable TV, not months ago to DOJ in response to the subpoena?

"Yeah, actually I declassified all these documents I claimed not to have, I just didn’t feel like mentioning it until after it became clear I was lying about not having them.”
Along this same line of thinking, Trump a YEAR before the election started claiming if he lost it was going to because it was rigged.

Why didn't he in that year take the necessary steps to make sure it could not be rigged?

I can't believe how many people have fallen for this. Boggles the mind.

As ridiculous as I find it that someone in 2022 could believe anything Donald Trump says, I find it equally ridiculous that we still try to convince Trump defenders to see things our way. They don't care. They want Team Blue to be wrong and will go through whatever mental gymnastics are necessary to prevent you from winning. That's how simple the calculus is. They will not allow you to be right.

In the case of Trump vs DoJ: one sides narrative had remained consistent throughout, and is consistent with news articles written on the subject since at least February. The other's has changed repeatedly -maybe a dozen times in the past week.

Which one seems believable?

Can't believe we're still clinging to this.

yes - until Trump is proven guilty, I'm not buying what the Govt is selling

I can't believe anybody would
I can't believe anyone would believe Trump over anyone. If Bernie Madoff and Donald Trump each were selling a used car, I would buy the car of Madoff everytime.
and you'd get screwed everytime and youd never have a car. Trump actually built things. you know what madoff did. steal people's money and give nothing.

I can't believe anyone would believe Trump over anyone. If Bernie Madoff and Donald Trump each were selling a used car, I would buy the car of Madoff everytime.
and you'd get screwed everytime and youd never have a car. Trump actually built things. you know what madoff did. steal people's money and give nothing.
Trump does that as well…often.

As ridiculous as I find it that someone in 2022 could believe anything Donald Trump says, I find it equally ridiculous that we still try to convince Trump defenders to see things our way. They don't care. They want Team Blue to be wrong and will go through whatever mental gymnastics are necessary to prevent you from winning. That's how simple the calculus is. They will not allow you to be right.
Totally agree. My rule on this board is that I waste zero time trying to convince the die-hard Trump supporters that they're wrong. There are plenty of conservatives here who have open minds and whom I can engage with on stuff, but with the full-on MAGA crowd it's simply not worth it.

This is awesome. I can't wait for the Republicans to take power and use the justice department to go after their political enemies. We can make up all kinds of reasons too.

We'll see what they say when the shoe is on the other foot.
You guys are making Trump a martyr. If you just would have left them alone he would have disappeared into the ether, faded away Into obscurity. You couldn't leave well enough alone.

Last edited:
Totally agree. My rule on this board is that I waste zero time trying to convince the die-hard Trump supporters that they're wrong. There are plenty of conservatives here who have open minds and whom I can engage with on stuff, but with the full-on MAGA crowd it's simply not worth it.
You two should probably get a room.

Now you know what conservatives feel like with you guys. Don't make me bring up the dossier and all kinds of anonymous things you guys fell for on Twitter and wouldn't believe anything else.

Despite all of your rhetoric and pounding of your shoe on the table Trump is still walking around a free man after all the witch hunts you guys tried to get him with.

You two should probably get a room.

Now you know what conservatives feel like with you guys. Don't make me bring up the dossier and all kinds of anonymous things you guys fell for on Twitter and wouldn't believe anything else.

Despite all of your rhetoric and pounding of your shoe on the table Trump is still walking around a free man after all the witch hunts you guys tried to get him with.
Again with the "everyone on the left is responsible for what everyone else on the left says" crap. I pointed out (politely) that you were doing this months ago, and you acknowledged the criticism, but clearly haven't stopped doing it.

If there's something I said that you think was hypocritical or inconsistent, feel free to point it out. Otherwise, miss me with your generalizations.

Besides, why are you getting so up in arms about criticisms of "die-hard Trump supporters", considering how you're always protesting that you can't stand the guy and hope he goes away?

Trump took documents that he wanted to take but he wasn’t legally supposed to. Then he gave some back, but not all of them. So then the FBI came and got the rest. This stuff is technically a crime. Trump doesn’t care, doesn’t have any problem going up against Garland, the FBI because that’s who he is. Typical behavior from him.

Should he be charged with a crime? Maybe at most whatever the paperwork technicality statute is, but proportional to be sure. This isn’t some “now we got him!” moment. This is just a distraction. Pretty good one too. Not so much talk about 1/6 currently.

Like it or not he’s still a former President, which does come with explicit and implicit privileges. Some of those are norms. I think it’s consistent with those norms to just secure everything and not go after serious indictments over document handling.

Trump took documents that he wanted to take but he wasn’t legally supposed to. Then he gave some back, but not all of them. So then the FBI came and got the rest. This stuff is technically a crime. Trump doesn’t care, doesn’t have any problem going up against Garland, the FBI because that’s who he is. Typical behavior from him.

this makes most sense to me ... however there had better be classified/top secret documents or the DOJ/FBI really jacked this up

Should he be charged with a crime? Maybe at most whatever the paperwork technicality statute is, but proportional to be sure. This isn’t some “now we got him!” moment. This is just a distraction. Pretty good one too. Not so much talk about 1/6 currently.

why are they not talking about 1/6 ?

Like it or not he’s still a former President, which does come with explicit and implicit privileges. Some of those are norms. I think it’s consistent with those norms to just secure everything and not go after serious indictments over document handling.

no President now will ever have those privileges again, pandora's box is opened

can we agree the steele dossier was a lie, faked, sold to the American people as a way to "get" Trump ?

ok, now that we have (and you can't deny that surely) is it a monumental leap to say that what we're being told on these documents MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE AND TRUE ?

because ya'll seem absolutely 100% sold that its factual and true ... and I remember how sold ya'll were on the steele dossier too

just sayin ....

I think you might want to familiarize yourself with what madoff did, and who he hurt and impoverished.

why are they not talking about 1/6 ?
Because they, being the media in this instance, are stupid and greedy. It’s a bad combination of traits, both of which they have in abundance. They will collect every dollar from the extra eyeball, click, subscription they can from this event. The media likes to support the current thing. This is the current thing. As a result they’re breathlessly talking about this and not 1/6. That’s a win for Trump IMO, or at least it’s helpful.

This is awesome. I can't wait for the Republicans to take power and use the justice department to go after their political enemies. We can make up all kinds of reasons too.

You guys are making Trump a martyr. If you just would have left them alone he would have disappeared into the ether, faded away Into obscurity. You couldn't leave well enough alone.
Who used the justice department to go after an enemy?
Trump is a martyr for having what they got the warrant to go find?

I'll take this one. Prior to Aug 8 his home was never raided under the pretense that he was stealing/hiding classified documents.

In February they were phishing for material for the J6 investigation, he turned over the stuff they requested.

J6 investigation was not getting the traction or results they hoped so they went in person in June to see what else they could find. He turned over requested boxes again and got advice on which locks to use on the secure storage facilities.

The DOJ and J6 committe still didn't have anything they could use to impact the November Mid Terms so they needed to raise the stakes. They knew or suspected all along Trump had possession of the Crossfire Hurricane, Steele/Clinton dossier, Ukraine impeachment, etc records (those were not needed for the J6 investigation so they never asked for them/acknowledged them previously). They knew these were all declassified by Trump but because they were previously classified they could massage an affidavit for a warrant stating he had documents "marked classified" and the media would do the rest. Which they did. It is possible that DOJ leadership kept things compartmentalized and never informed those writing the affidavit, approving the warrant, or executing the warrant that the documents they were searching for were in fact declassified.

There was no reason for Trump to bring up declassification until the DOJ accused him of stealing classified documents.
this is the best you got? man, you need to get on gateway pundit stat.

can we agree the steele dossier was a lie, faked, sold to the American people as a way to "get" Trump ?

ok, now that we have (and you can't deny that surely) is it a monumental leap to say that what we're being told on these documents MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE AND TRUE ?

because ya'll seem absolutely 100% sold that its factual and true ... and I remember how sold ya'll were on the steele dossier too

just sayin ....
We can agree the steele dossier has nothing to do with this and is being used as a deflection.

Ive seen a legal document claiming its true and zero to refute it whatsoever.

And the boldes shows you don’t remember how the dossier was discussed here at all.

I think you might want to familiarize yourself with what madoff did, and who he hurt and impoverished.
And you might want to familiarize yourself with the amount of fraud Trump has perpetrated and failed on…from universities to steaks to casinos and the amount of contractors he has stiffed.
Also that it was an analogy to show how ludicrous it is to ever believe Donald Trump.

“Look what you made me do!”

Users who are viewing this thread