What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It was a tremendous raid. (1 Viewer)

Trump flew into DC this afternoon without fanfare or previously announcing he was coming to the area today or tomorrow.

Gonna guess it’s for something unrelated to the Mar-A-Lago search warrant or January 6. Probably some fundraiser for something popular with conservatives but not the general public, like Congressional candidates who favor a nationwide total abortion ban or something like that.
But it is weird he quietly came into DC without alerting the press ahead of time that he would be there.
It’s even weirder than you describe. Trump apparently was golfing at the time and left directly from the course and traveled in his golfing attire including his cleats.
Wait, what?
In photos and video of Trump coming off the plane, he’s wearing a white polo and white shoes. Which turned up speculation, since he’s almost always wearing a suit when he travels.

There’s no reporting today of a courthouse or other official building preparing for the arrival of a former President, so the most likely explanation is his golf round yesterday ran long and he had to go straight to the plane afterwards. If he had a health emergency, his doctors wouldn’t have put him on a plane to Walter Reed from New Jersey. Midterm elections are less than 60 days away, so it wouldn’t be Garland’s style to indict Trump this week after not doing so at any time over the last several months.

There’s a gala in DC tomorrow night organized by a pro-life lobbying group celebrating the repeal of Roe v Wade. Trump is probably in town for that.
All I said is it was odd. IIRC, it was Trump's own plane. Prety sure they could have waited for him to take a few minutes to change before taking off. Like I said . . . it seemed odd. And it didn't seem like they were scrambling once they landed like he had to be someplace at a specified time or in a hurry.
I agree with you that it was odd, and understand where speculation came from. Trump never travels in golf clothes, and it’s not like him to arrive in DC without tipping off friendly press outlets to record him coming off the plane and saying a few words about the Radical Left that stole the election from him. “Why is Trump flying into DC without letting as many people as possible know he’s in town?” is a perfectly fair question to ask after what we’ve experienced with Trump the last seven or fifty years.

Trump flew into DC this afternoon without fanfare or previously announcing he was coming to the area today or tomorrow.

Gonna guess it’s for something unrelated to the Mar-A-Lago search warrant or January 6. Probably some fundraiser for something popular with conservatives but not the general public, like Congressional candidates who favor a nationwide total abortion ban or something like that.
But it is weird he quietly came into DC without alerting the press ahead of time that he would be there.
It’s even weirder than you describe. Trump apparently was golfing at the time and left directly from the course and traveled in his golfing attire including his cleats.
Wait, what?
In photos and video of Trump coming off the plane, he’s wearing a white polo and white shoes. Which turned up speculation, since he’s almost always wearing a suit when he travels.

There’s no reporting today of a courthouse or other official building preparing for the arrival of a former President, so the most likely explanation is his golf round yesterday ran long and he had to go straight to the plane afterwards. If he had a health emergency, his doctors wouldn’t have put him on a plane to Walter Reed from New Jersey. Midterm elections are less than 60 days away, so it wouldn’t be Garland’s style to indict Trump this week after not doing so at any time over the last several months.

There’s a gala in DC tomorrow night organized by a pro-life lobbying group celebrating the repeal of Roe v Wade. Trump is probably in town for that.
All I said is it was odd. IIRC, it was Trump's own plane. Prety sure they could have waited for him to take a few minutes to change before taking off. Like I said . . . it seemed odd. And it didn't seem like they were scrambling once they landed like he had to be someplace at a specified time or in a hurry.
Trump, who by all accounts is an avid golfer (like me), would never had not had a pair of shoes to change into (most of us carry a shoe bag and one would never intend to wear cleats on concrete like that because it could damage the cleat).

I can only assume that he god picked up on the 18th green or some such. Otherwise it takes, what, 5 seconds to change?
There are plenty of photos of Trump wearing regular white dress shoes with a similar outfit. They aren't golf shoes. That whole storyline was people speculating at an emergency.

Just nine guys standing on a golf green in the rain with no clubs. Trump, Eric, Newt, Nunes, Hannity, McCarthy and a few others.

Wonder why they had the meeting on a golf green in the rain?
Is there any context behind that photo or when it was taken?
Today. At the Trump-branded golf course in Virginia. AP has a lot of photos and video of that crew driving around the course in carts and milling about on the course in golf clothes, but no one in the group seems to be playing golf.

Just nine guys standing on a golf green in the rain with no clubs. Trump, Eric, Newt, Nunes, Hannity, McCarthy and a few others.

Today. At the Trump-branded golf course in Virginia. AP has a lot of photos and video of that crew driving around the course in carts and milling about on the course in golf clothes, but no one in the group seems to be playing golf.
Maybe looking for Trump’s ball and widespread election fraud.

FORE!

ETA: appears the list "attendees" may not be correct and that I've been snookered. Apologies for not vetting that.
I recognized Eric Trump (gets to ride in cart with Dad because Ivanka, Don Jr, Kushner aren’t there), but the others are hard to tell. One guy’s face looks a lot like Sean Hannity but seems too short to be him. The guy some are tagging as Devin Nunes IMO doesn’t look that much like Nunes. Is “Papa John” Schnatter a Trump ally?

ETA: appears the list "attendees" may not be correct and that I've been snookered. Apologies for not vetting that.
I recognized Eric Trump (gets to ride in cart with Dad because Ivanka, Don Jr, Kushner aren’t there), but the others are hard to tell. One guy’s face looks a lot like Sean Hannity but seems too short to be him. The guy some are tagging as Devin Nunes IMO doesn’t look that much like Nunes. Is “Papa John” Schnatter a Trump ally?
They are probably just out there with the course architect looking to make changes to the course to try and get more Saudi tournaments.

They are probably just out there with the course architect looking to make changes to the course to try and get more Saudi tournaments.
In one of the AP photos, one of the men in the group is carrying what appears to be a big bundle of marking flags, like what the utilities use to mark locations of cables and pipes so homeowners don’t hit them when they dig in their yards. Would make total sense to have a bunch of those with you if you’re cruising around the course taking ideas for how to adjust the layout for a pro tournament.

In one of the AP photos, one of the men in the group is carrying what appears to be a big bundle of marking flags, like what the utilities use to mark locations of cables and pipes so homeowners don’t hit them when they dig in their yards. Would make total sense to have a bunch of those with you if you’re cruising around the course taking ideas for how to adjust the layout for a pro tournament.
Most post really wasn’t seriously. Haha

Most post really wasn’t seriously. Haha
I think you may turn out to be right.

In one of the AP photos, one of the men in the group is carrying what appears to be a big bundle of marking flags, like what the utilities use to mark locations of cables and pipes so homeowners don’t hit them when they dig in their yards. Would make total sense to have a bunch of those with you if you’re cruising around the course taking ideas for how to adjust the layout for a pro tournament
Trump probably trying to sell everyone burial plots on his golf course

In one of the AP photos, one of the men in the group is carrying what appears to be a big bundle of marking flags, like what the utilities use to mark locations of cables and pipes so homeowners don’t hit them when they dig in their yards. Would make total sense to have a bunch of those with you if you’re cruising around the course taking ideas for how to adjust the layout for a pro tournament
Trump probably trying to sell everyone burial plots on his golf course
Well if it worked once...

Trying to understand why the former President could so recklessly have had highly classified documents with our spy information in a unsecured location and why it doesn't matter to some here. Despite seeing those defending him no matter what, blowing this off as a nothingburger I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking. Nor understand why the h### he had it.

If I was in the public eye that would be the last sport I'd participate in. I can't imagine how many pictures of me whacking through the woods or fishing in a lake looking for my ball they'd be able to publish.

If I was in the public eye that would be the last sport I'd participate in. I can't imagine how many pictures of me whacking through the woods or fishing in a lake looking for my ball they'd be able to publish.
Unfortunately, I understand GB. :)

The only good thing about getting old is I'm not strong enough to swing very hard and my ball goes straight most of the time and a decent distance. Of course a lot of credit goes to my Sim. It's not like I'm still using a persimmon. Lol :)

Developing headline on Drudge right now reads

”My Pillow guy claims phone seized at Hardees”

Top 10 headline this year 🤣
I'll believe it when the authorities confirm. Lindell's behavior, no doubt from years of heavy drug abuse, has been unhinged to say the least. It wouldn't surprise me if he was making it up like when he claimed to be attacked. I can't imagine anyone in Trump's inner circle involving him in their plans to overthrow the country.

To be best of my understanding so far… Lindell was in the drive-thru of a Hardee’s in his hometown Mankato MN, when he got surrounded by FBI vehicles, who then said they had a warrant to seize his phone and took it.

Lindell claims he doesn’t own a computer, everything he has is on his phone.

I cannot yet confirm if this is the same Hardee’s in Mankato MN that Keith Millard drove drunk into during Vikings training camp circa 1990, and I suppose whether today’s incident at the Hardee’s in Mankato MN is better or worse than Millard’s DUI crash is a matter of perspective.

To be best of my understanding so far… Lindell was in the drive-thru of a Hardee’s in his hometown Mankato MN, when he got surrounded by FBI vehicles, who then said they had a warrant to seize his phone and took it.

I cannot yet confirm if this is the same Hardee’s in Mankato MN that Keith Millard drove drunk into during Vikings training camp circa 1990, and I suppose whether today’s incident at the Hardee’s in Mankato MN is better or worse than Millard’s DUI crash is a matter of perspective.
That’s one crazy Hardee’s

By the end of the week most of you guys will be claiming Trump and his crew are planning the demise of Biden in that pic ,and will swarm anyone who says they dont believe it

Sounds like party Hardees.

Sounds like party Hardees.

Hardee har har

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell confirms the FBI seized his phone while he was at a Hardee’s restaurant, in a video posted to multiple social media sites

Breaking News: Mike Lindell, “The Pillow Guy” was just raided by the FBI. We are now living in a weaponized police state, rigged elections, and all. Our country is a laughing stock around the world. The majesty of the United States is gone. Can’t let this happen. Take America back!

-The former guy.

Literal Insanity.

We've reached a point in time where satire is impossible. With headlines like Pillowguy gets raided by FBI at Hardee's drivethrough...

I mean, are you familiar with dada-ism as a form of poetry? You write a bunch of words that aren't necessarily related to each other on different slips of paper, drop them in a bag and randomly pull them out and boom, there is your poem. I feel like reality is now generating headlines in this fashion. This is how we end up with jewish space lasers, blood stealing pedophiles, and now pillow raid at Hardee's.

If 2022 Hulk time travelled 20 years back to talk to 2002 Hulk, 2002 Hulk would think 2022 Hulk is just being a jerk and making up nonsense.

I'll believe it when the authorities confirm. Lindell's behavior, no doubt from years of heavy drug abuse, has been unhinged to say the least. It wouldn't surprise me if he was making it up like when he claimed to be attacked. I can't imagine anyone in Trump's inner circle involving him in their plans to overthrow the country.
His biggest exposure is likely the election official in Colorado who stole voting machine data and gave to him to put on one of his shows.

There seems to be strong indicators that DOJ will try to wrap all these cases into a large conspiracy. Ground level crimes like the fake electors, the lady in Colorado and others involved in election related crimes will be charged first. Then it will be the middlemen who organized, used and directed those crimes. Then finally the people who developed and conspired these plots. Included will be the financing of these activities, fraud involving the PAC and likely obstruction/witness tampering involving lawyers paid for by the PAC.

Pillow Guy is a middleman who could point activities to Trump. He was one of the people Trump would frequently call late at night, so I’d be interested if they can use his phone to help identify burner phones Trump may have used.

Michael Cohen said that he was told by his contacts that Trump was meeting with lawyers but wouldn’t go to their office for fear of being recorded. I saw many law enforcement experts suggest that golf attire would make it extremely tough to hide a wire. It certainly fits Trump but you have to consider the source.

My guess is that he’s right and he was on the course course in NJ when he was served with a search warrant and told he couldn’t go back the clubhouse or residence and he chose to fly to DC, this time keeping quiet about the search.

The innocent explanation is that he was meeting with groundskeepers and organizers for a golf tournament that he’s setting up.

The innocent explanation is that he was meeting with groundskeepers and organizers for a golf tournament that he’s setting up.
So Trump flew in his golf attire, spikes included, to have an urgent meeting about something planned months in advance. Yeah, that makes sense. :lol:

The innocent explanation is that he was meeting with groundskeepers and organizers for a golf tournament that he’s setting up
The LIV Tour has stops at Bedminster and Doral this year, and LIV recently announced they will play a 2023 schedule with more events. Trump National in Virginia would be on-brand for LIV, which is backed by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund. The timing of planning for it now makes sense so course maintenance this fall can start prepping for it.

Users who are viewing this thread