What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It was a tremendous raid. (2 Viewers)

The innocent explanation is that he was meeting with groundskeepers and organizers for a golf tournament that he’s setting up.
So Trump flew in his golf attire, spikes included, to have an urgent meeting about something planned months in advance. Yeah, that makes sense. :lol:
The meeting itself could be true without it being the reason for him to quickly fly there. Dozens of his associates got served subpoenas and are having their phones take, lots of reasons for him to be acting more irrational than normal. But from what we’ve learned about the timeline of his various investigations, his behavior is usually explained by events we’ll hear about later.

This reminds me about every time I get called for jury duty. I am desperate to get on a white collar crime jury. But since this is Baltimore City we're talking about, it's always murder or armed robbery...

She knowingly reviewed classified and Top Secret documents without clearance and then lied about what they did or didn't have.
I've never been a government employee and i don't know the classification rules. If my employer told me a doc was declassified, i would trust them and review the doc. I wouldn't even know where to report it if i felt that i could be in the wrong.

Can she plead ignorance here?

She knowingly reviewed classified and Top Secret documents without clearance and then lied about what they did or didn't have.
I've never been a government employee and i don't know the classification rules. If my employer told me a doc was declassified, i would trust them and review the doc. I wouldn't even know where to report it if i felt that i could be in the wrong.

Can she plead ignorance here?
She's an attorney. She knows she can't review classified or top secret documents. I suppose that she could say, "Trump told me they were declassified" but that argument flies in the face of all facts available to her.

She signed a document saying she reviewed the contents of the boxes, and she seems to have made false statements about what was and was not being turned over. There's no way she was ignorant of that, since she said she did the review.

I suppose that she could say, "Trump told me they were declassified" but that argument flies in the face of all facts available to her
But is it a valid defense? Does she have the obligation to investigate the veracity of her employer's statements? Does she have an obligation to report such things to the FBI?

I suppose that she could say, "Trump told me they were declassified" but that argument flies in the face of all facts available to her
But is it a valid defense? Does she have the obligation to investigate the veracity of her employer's statements? Does she have an obligation to report such things to the FBI?
It is not a valid defense. Whether the documents were declassified is immaterial. The verification she signed didn't say that all classified documents were turned over. It said that all documents with classification markings were turned over. That's patently false.

Last edited:
No. Whether the documents were declassified is immaterial. The verification she signed didn't say that all classified documents were turned over. It said that all documents with classification markings were turned over. That's patently false.
Could Trump have lied to her about that too? And therefore the statement isn't knowingly false?

I'm just trying to figure out what would cause this woman to write and sign that statement to the FBI.

Could Trump have lied to her about that too? And therefore the statement isn't knowingly false?

I'm just trying to figure out what would cause this woman to write and sign that statement to the FBI.
Maybe.

Her certification was in the passive voice: “Based upon the information that has been provided to me, I am authorized to certify, on behalf of the Office of Donald J. Trump, the following: a. A diligent search was conducted of the boxes that were moved from the White House to Florida; b. This search was conducted after receipt of the subpoena, in order to locate any and all documents that are responsive to the subpoena; c. Any and all responsive documents accompany this certification.”

She doesn't say who conducted the search or who told her the results. But if she claims she was relying on someone else's representations, she'll have to say who. If it was Trump, that doesn't seem great for his own criminal liability exposure.

She doesn't say who conducted the search or who told her the results. But if she claims she was relying on someone else's representations, she'll have to say who. If it was Trump, that doesn't seem great for his own criminal liability exposure.
Yes, I agree, but it may be her best chance to get out of hot water.

This reminds me about every time I get called for jury duty. I am desperate to get on a white collar crime jury. But since this is Baltimore City we're talking about, it's always murder or armed robbery...
I got on an arson jury once. Guy was guilty as sin but represented himself and did such a poor job of it that 1 juror refused to find him guilty so we deliberate for 3 days and on the third day he took a plea deal.

I think it's real hard to get convictions in jury trials.

I think the reason for referring to Bobb as Individual 2 rather than attorney is still behind black bars. My guess? She was identified on tape moving documents either after the subpoena or before in a way that made it clear she knew the statement she signed was false.

Trump is referred to as FPOTUS, so Individual 1 is likely someone else who is looking at criminal charges.

If 2022 Hulk time travelled 20 years back to talk to 2002 Hulk, 2002 Hulk would think 2022 Hulk is just being a jerk and making up nonsense.
This is the plot of the next Avengers movie
If I could go back 20 yrs to talk to younger dkp the last thing I’d be talking about is politics. Investing in google, apple or telsa would be the hot topics.
I was thinking of trying to convince young Hulk to buy Bitcoin when it's just pennies. Young Hulk would be like, "So, this digital currency, you can't really spend it anywhere except in black markets or on nonfungible links to digital art that anyone can copy, and people burn tons of fossil fuels to "mine" it. So, it basically has no utility, negative real world impacts, and it becomes worth tens of thousands of dollars instead of pennies? Whatever Future Hulk, stop lying to me."

If 2022 Hulk time travelled 20 years back to talk to 2002 Hulk, 2002 Hulk would think 2022 Hulk is just being a jerk and making up nonsense.
This is the plot of the next Avengers movie
If I could go back 20 yrs to talk to younger dkp the last thing I’d be talking about is politics. Investing in google, apple or telsa would be the hot topics.
I was thinking of trying to convince young Hulk to buy Bitcoin when it's just pennies. Young Hulk would be like, "So, this digital currency, you can't really spend it anywhere except in black markets or on nonfungible links to digital art that anyone can copy, and people burn tons of fossil fuels to "mine" it. So, it basically has no utility, negative real world impacts, and it becomes worth tens of thousands of dollars instead of pennies? Whatever Future Hulk, stop lying to me."
"Now hear me out here, but what if I told you that just regular old strangers pretended to become taxis in their own cars..."

Maybe.

Her certification was in the passive voice: “Based upon the information that has been provided to me, I am authorized to certify, on behalf of the Office of Donald J. Trump, the following: a. A diligent search was conducted of the boxes that were moved from the White House to Florida; b. This search was conducted after receipt of the subpoena, in order to locate any and all documents that are responsive to the subpoena; c. Any and all responsive documents accompany this certification.”

Is her client the Office of Donald J. Trump? If so, and she doesn't represent a particular individual, I assume you're right.

Also, barring evidence to the contrary (i.e. that she knew this was false), she seems pretty insulated here.

Developing headline on Drudge right now reads

”My Pillow guy claims phone seized at Hardees”

Top 10 headline this year 🤣
I'll believe it when the authorities confirm. Lindell's behavior, no doubt from years of heavy drug abuse, has been unhinged to say the least. It wouldn't surprise me if he was making it up like when he claimed to be attacked. I can't imagine anyone in Trump's inner circle involving him in their plans to overthrow the country.

“I think if it happened, I think you’d have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before. I don’t think the people of the United States would stand for it.”

I'm willing to find out. :coffee:

I detest a million things about this mountebank, but hyperbole like this just rankles me in particular. We had a little thing here called "THE CIVIL WAR" which was horrendous. 5 years of our country torn apart at the seams. Americans killing Americans. Six hundred thousand soldiers dead. And this circus barker thinks we've never seen the magnitude of problems here his arrest will usher in? Nonsense. He speaks like nobody here has access to a history book.

I detest a million things about this mountebank, but hyperbole like this just rankles me in particular. We had a little thing here called "THE CIVIL WAR" which was horrendous. 5 years of our country torn apart at the seams. Americans killing Americans. Six hundred thousand soldiers dead. And this circus barker thinks we've never seen the magnitude of problems here his arrest will usher in? Nonsense. He speaks like nobody here has access to a history book.
Narcissists think everything about them is the most important thing.

And this circus barker thinks we've never seen the magnitude of problems here his arrest will usher in?
You ever see townies get in a fight at the local? You're watching and you are thinking, is there not a single belt in this town?

If Trump were arrested, i think you would see some civil unrest. And you would see a collection of warriors sporting plumber butt like no one has ever seen before.

This guy is a piece of work. I hope the DOJ goes forward and any idiot that "causes problems" will have to face the consequences just like the Jan 6 dummies have.
I still hope we're past the FA stage and purely in the FO stage. That said, if FO leads to more FA, so be it. Letting these transgressions slide is untenable and inviting future FA that will harm our nation in grievous ways.

I'll believe it when the authorities confirm. Lindell's behavior, no doubt from years of heavy drug abuse, has been unhinged to say the least. It wouldn't surprise me if he was making it up like when he claimed to be attacked. I can't imagine anyone in Trump's inner circle involving him in their plans to overthrow the country.

“I think if it happened, I think you’d have problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before. I don’t think the people of the United States would stand for it.”

He's been like this for at least 4 decades. I mean, you can find Trump talking about ANYTHING he's involved with and it's always "Best Ever", "Greatest on Earth", "Most Luxurious", "#1 Classiest" or whatever. Guy is an OG 80's hype man for anything he touches, always has been. I mean, if he crosses a street and is asked about it, he'll tell you he walked bigly through the greatest crosswalk in the galaxy and history will never again remember a time where such a hero strolled so classy-like through hordes of vicious attack cars.

Anyone who doesn't understand he's a non-stop fountain of hyperbole doesn't understand him.

Doesn't crack my top 3:

1. Errant capitalization in tweets;
2. Cheating at golf;
3. Not paying people for their services (extra disdain for him ripping off his lawyers).

Doesn't crack my top 3:

2. Cheating at golf;
3. Not paying people for their services (extra disdain for him ripping off his lawyers).

I'll take a foot wedge over encouraging his followers to engage in civil war, thanks.

He's been like this for at least 4 decades. I mean, you can find Trump talking about ANYTHING he's involved with and it's always "Best Ever", "Greatest on Earth", "Most Luxurious", "#1 Classiest" or whatever. Guy is an OG 80's hype man for anything he touches, always has been. I mean, if he crosses a street and is asked about it, he'll tell you he walked bigly through the greatest crosswalk in the galaxy and history will never again remember a time where such a hero strolled so classy-like through hordes of vicious attack cars.

Anyone who doesn't understand he's a non-stop fountain of hyperbole doesn't understand him.

Oh, I get it. Just perturbs me that his fans eat this crap up. But, then again, there are grown-ups who still watch professional wrestling. And that's what Trump is - Flabby Ric Flair with worse hair.

Of the entirely article I find Rick Scott's claim that "[he] doesn't know why [law enforcementI] raided the former president's house..." to be the most alarming. The search warrant affidavit has been shared with the public and it's incredibly clear that they believed that Trump possessed documents he shouldn't have. Scott is being intentionally obtuse and is the one fueling the conspiracies.

Doesn't crack my top 3:

2. Cheating at golf;

I'll take a foot wedge over encouraging his followers to engage in civil war, thanks.
You were talking about his engaging in hyperbole. :confused:

Doesn't crack my top 3:

2. Cheating at golf;

You were talking about his engaging in hyperbole. :confused:
Fair

Point of clarification: Use of hyperbole to rile up his base to commit acts of violence.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow

Doesn't crack my top 3:

2. Cheating at golf;
Where does stealing from a cancer charity rank?

Doesn't crack my top 3:

2. Cheating at golf;
Guys, I was being somewhat facetious in that I was pointing out the more trivial things that I find incredibly annoying/distasteful/grinds my gears.

If we're being serious then my number one would be him getting elected president following by the inciting a riot, baselessly claiming Democrats cheated, stealing from charities, possibly withholding top secret documents, etc.

Serious business

@General Malaise

BTW, props on the usage of mountebank. I only know the word because it was a Dominion card lol.
Wasn’t familiar with the word, but based on my cursory knowledge of romance languages, I’m guessing the origin is traced back to “con man standing on a bench selling snake oil” or someone of that ilk.
Pretty much. Well done.

I think it's most specific original is somebody selling patent medicine in public.

Doesn't crack my top 3:

2. Cheating at golf;
Guys, I was being somewhat facetious in that I was pointing out the more trivial things that I find incredibly annoying/distasteful/grinds my gears.

If we're being serious then my number one would be him getting elected president following by the inciting a riot, stealing from charities, possibly withholding top secret documents, etc.

Serious business
Moral of the story is that there's very little he does that isn't detestable.

Users who are viewing this thread